• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
GOOD GOD LET'S JUST STOP THIS! We've already made our stances on the leak VERY clear to each other. The best idea is just to wait for a new character to get announced, and compare art.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I have this feeling that this supposed leak would never have been made known if we had gotten our direct or newcomer trailer already like we should have. We'd have none of this craziness going on right now.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
GOOD GOD LET'S JUST STOP THIS! We've already made our stances on the leak VERY clear to each other. The best idea is just to wait for a new character to get announced, and compare art.
Pretty much this, everthing else will just lead to loopholes, STAHP PEOPLE.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
The leak can't be real, its missing a few obvious characters we all know will be in, Shrek, Pichu, Geno, Obama and Goku:troll: Edit: I forgot about a few characters, Notch, Ravio, Toon dark pink gold meta baby blood Ridley, and Baby Daisy

Last edited:

saggernaut724

Smash Rookie
NNID
sagwinsl
3DS FC
4785-6664-3260
Any video game worth anything features Obama as a playable character. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Over Takamaru. Over Lip. Over Mach Rider. How does it feel, retro fans? How does it feel? :troll:
I called dhd almost a year ago, and since I think this leak is legit, I am very happy with his inclusion, along with shulks. But its strange that there is a lack of any of the big 3, which is the only reason I could think the leak is not legit, especially after hinting at Ridley and Mewtwo so much.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Okay, 4Chan 19, 4Chan 20, and the three sets of pictures (three each) are all different. 4Chan 19 simply compiled the roster together based on what he could find scouring the internet, while 4Chan 20 is likely the source inspiring the other three sets.

Set one: Fake because the image with Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog was taken directly from another clip and pasted over (using the portraits therein) as well as the levels on the player characters (when only CPU's can have levels). This set also involved the guy cursing at his detractors as well.

Set two: As of right now, the most believable set by virtue of the Mii Fighter screen. The only thing to call into question for the time being is the stage select screen, but oh well. The stages pic are even shared with 4Chan 20.

Set three: Obviously fake due to it being a really crummy model of Shulk by comparison, the fact that it is easily can be made on a Brawl mod (since it's on a retro stage, and Shulk and Lucina frequently take the place of Marth and Ike respectively in those mods anyways), and because the word, "disabled" was horribly misspelled in one of the images showing off Shulk's horrid in-game model.

Keep this in mind: This only suggests that Set two's leaker either took the images from 4Chan 20 and NeoGaff, or the three leaks are all real. Sets one and three are clearly all fabrications built around 4Chan 20.

That means if the 4Chan 20 leak is still alive, then there's still hope for Ice Climbers and Wolf, as well as Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Men, Impa, etc.

Anyways, I'm done talking about this leak over here. I await the day to come where Sakurai shoots these leaks down once and for all.

saggernaut724

Smash Rookie
NNID
sagwinsl
3DS FC
4785-6664-3260
Obviously, maybe they'll throw Romney and Mccain in the mix so we can see who would really win a battle :troll:
Romney is an Olimar clone. Neutral special spawns hundred dollar bills, which he launches at foes like shuriken.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Okay, 4Chan 19, 4Chan 20, and the three sets of pictures (three each) are all different. 4Chan 19 simply compiled the roster together based on what he could find scouring the internet, while 4Chan 20 is likely the source inspiring the other three sets.

Set one: Fake because the image with Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog was taken directly from another clip and pasted over (using the portraits therein) as well as the levels on the player characters (when only CPU's can have levels). This set also involved the guy cursing at his detractors as well.

Set two: As of right now, the most believable set by virtue of the Mii Fighter screen. The only thing to call into question for the time being is the stage select screen, but oh well. The stages pic are even shared with 4Chan 20.

Set three: Obviously fake due to it being a really crummy model of Shulk by comparison, the fact that it is easily can be made on a Brawl mod (since it's on a retro stage, and Shulk and Lucina frequently take the place of Marth and Ike respectively in those mods anyways), and because the word, "disabled" was horribly misspelled in one of the images showing off Shulk's horrid in-game model.

Keep this in mind: This only suggests that Set two's leaker either took the images from 4Chan 20 and NeoGaff, or the three leaks are all real. Sets one and three are clearly all fabrications built around 4Chan 20.

That means if the 4Chan 20 leak is still alive, then there's still hope for Ice Climbers and Wolf, as well as Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Men, Impa, etc.

Anyways, I'm done talking about this leak over here. I await the day to come where Sakurai shoots these leaks down once and for all.
I think set one is the most credible, along with leak 2, because the picture was not layed over, that gif showing the transformation is fake, since there is no bottom grey bar. Leak 2 showed brinstar on the 3ds the day before it was announced, and had the tomodachi life picture we only first saw today. Leak 3 looks way too much like a brawl mod that i have, so I believe leak 1 and 2 are real, but 3 is not. Edit: GameXplain just uploaded their opinions on the leak, and since they are very reliable at finding things that we miss, so I suggest you all watch it.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Which is true if this leak is true.
No, because the most questionable piece of any of this information is the DLC rumor. The only thing that would prove Gematsu true is Chorus Men. And the guy still ****ed up badly with Chrom.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
No, because the most questionable piece of any of this information is the DLC rumor. The only thing that would prove Gematsu true is Chorus Men. And the guy still ****ed up badly with Chrom.
I'm not too sure on the dlc, but if it were coming out, I believe it would be free dlc coming out maybe with amiibos, or free dlc that comes out with the wii u and downloadable on both systems. Edit: Since nobody is talking, why don't I bring up our 2 favorite characters, Ridley and Dark Pit :troll:?

Last edited:

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I was thinking about the extended one with Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Ridley.

I'm not really following this. What's 4chan 19 and 20? Where did the Bowser Jr. and DHD renders come from exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pretty much that. Tropical Freeze has been out for over half a year now, so I would think that Smash Wii U will have some references to that game. Trophy cameos could include the Tuck, Fish Poker Pops, or even Lord Fredrik.
A TF stage is also possible, although less likely. The character decision would've had to have been made from the start of development, though, unless Dixie is a clone.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
This are the rest of the newcomers in my opinion
-Ridley
-Dk newcomer
-Rhythm Heaven character
-Dark Pit
Shulk is somewhat likely but I don't think he is as likely as the rest
I expect the roster to have 51 plus random

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think this leak, like Gematsu, is based on some credible evidence.
Some of it is real, some of it inflated on lies- which is my understanding after observing the behavior of the leaker.
Having anything confirmed as true does not make the entire leak true.

I also believe we will continue to have new characters after this is done. That it will be used to build hype up to the Wii U, and that it was withheld so that it could not be found and that Sakurai could keep the surprise. Lack of information this late in the game, his nonchalant attitude, confirms to me that the release date is in no way "GAME OVER" for our information, or new characters.

WHAT FUN!

The game of reveals will continue after launch, after we have the actual game.

Sakurai, never become a murderer.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What is the maximum number of characters we can hope to expect by the time the Wii U arrives?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Double Posting Warning Received
What is the maximum number of characters we can hope to expect by the time the Wii U arrives?
If this leak is true, I'm going with 60.

This leak, plus a few unlocked to yet have, plus DLC until the Wii U release (the veterans), plus the big Three to seal the Wii U deal.

That is my maximum I'm thinking.

Holy hell, that leak thread is like a screaming cess pool of human incompetence.

I miss the general ignorance of this thread :p

This leak is not making me angry again. Circles and circles. Making me wish I still drank.

On topic...
Who would people want most, top 5-10, if this leak were real?

K Rool
Mewtwo
Sceptile
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Chorus Men
Ridley
Vaati
Chibi Robo
Lip
Ray MK

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

So Olimar has a Blue Pikmin sticking right in front of him in the leaked portrait, when he's flying solo in the Best Buy Demo CSS, the one where the portraits have more space due to the larger screen and where you'd think Pikmin would be in as a result.

That's....inconsistent. Weird.

Last edited:

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Probably just a design decision they made later. Pikmins are more recognizable to the uninitiated I think.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

So Olimar has a Blue Pikmin sticking right in front of him in the leaked portrait, when he's flying solo in the Best Buy Demo CSS, the one where the portraits have more space due to the larger screen and where you'd think Pikmin would be in as a result.

That's....inconsistent. Weird.
I think that's another point, but can we stop running this into the ground?

we only have less than a month left to see for sure.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If this leak is true, I'm going with 60.

This leak, plus a few unlocked to yet have, plus DLC until the Wii U release (the veterans), plus the big Three to seal the Wii U deal.

That is my maximum I'm thinking.

60 characters is my dream number. ^_^

I want this roster overflowing with them for maximum comedy and lack of balance. Duck Hunt Dog is a nice start, but I need moar!

Holy hell, that leak thread is like a screaming cess pool of human incompetence.

I miss the general ignorance of this thread :p

This leak is not making me angry again. Circles and circles. Making me wish I still drank.

On topic...
Who would people want most, top 5-10, if this leak were real?

K Rool
Mewtwo
Sceptile
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Chorus Men
Ridley
Vaati
Chibi Robo
Lip
Ray MK
I'mma do a top 10.

1. Ridley
2. Mewtwo
3. Sceptile
4. K. Rool
5. Lip
6. Isaac
7. Vaati
8. Ice Climbers
9. Ray MK
10. Chibi Robo

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Good god let's just stop this Dumb*** Leaked! We've already made our stances on the leak VERY clear to each other. The best idea is just to wait for a new character to get announced, and compare art. WE ONLY GOT ONE MONTH LEFT!!! :facepalm:

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
of these characters
1. k rool
2. mewtwo
3. isaac
4. ice climbers
5. ridley
6. sceptile
7. vaati
8. lip
9. chibi robo
10. ray mk

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
K Rool
Mewtwo
Sceptile
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Chorus Men
Ridley
Vaati
Chibi Robo
Lip
Ray MK
1. King K. Rool
2. Mewtwo
3. Ridley
4. Chibi-Robo
5. Vaati
6. Issac
7. Lip
8. Sceptile
9. Ray MK
10. Chrous Men

Needs Paper Mario.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Good god let's just stop this Dumb*** Leaked! We've already made our stances on the leak VERY clear to each other. The best idea is just to wait for a new character to get announced, and compare art. WE ONLY GOT ONE MONTH LEFT!!! :facepalm:
A leaf fighting an ocean.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
I just want it to be wrong because I was so underwhelmed when I saw it.

(Although this is good so my expectations won't be too high again.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meh... for SSB5, I will be supporting these characters...

1. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
2. Wandering Heroes (Find Mii)
3. Mallo (Pushmo)
4. Captain Toad (Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker)
5. Infantry Units (Advance Wars)
6. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
7. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
8. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country 2)
9. Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
10. Captain N (Captain N: The Game Master)

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
So has this been debunked?
http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg

I haven't checked over the thread, but if true, it would explain last night's leak and the Gematsu leak. Last night's roster showed five missing character slots that could go to Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men, and Metwo. And if Customization is on, Miis too. Which would fill up the five remaining slots, making the total 53 characters. I'd be super happy with that roster... But, again, don't know if that link has any merit.

EDIT: okay, checked the previous page and apparently it was talked about, and could very well be true. Awesome. As long as I get one more DK character I'm happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom