• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
If this real is so legit 100%, why is a franchise in between another franchise? Does anyone have any defense for that? Why would Yoshi, a character from a different franchise, be in between the Mario gang? Makes ZERO sense.
because the ones to Yoshi's right are either newcomers or unlockable.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
If this real is so legit 100%, why is a franchise in between another franchise? Does anyone have any defense for that? Why would Yoshi, a character from a different franchise, be in between the Mario gang? Makes ZERO sense.
He is a character who appears in Mario frequently. Could be wrong here, but just with the platformers I'd guess Yoshi appears more often in that series than either Bowser Jr. or Rosalina.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
The exisiting stance on that is that once the remianing 5 (DLC or otherwise) the screen will shift around a bit and everyone will be where they belong, like it was in brawl (and melee?)

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Let's not be hasty about that just yet. I doubt MK is the last veteran to be officially revealed before the game is released.
With the next character that is revealed this leak will be confirmed or debunked anyway (By comparing CSS artwork with the official artwork), so might as well be hasty.

99thSmashFan

Smash Rookie
Let's not be hasty about that just yet. I doubt MK is the last veteran to be officially revealed before the game is released.
I'm hoping DLC characters are announced before the reveals though, right now seems like the time to answer the question before fans rage.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
He is a character who appears in Mario frequently. Could be wrong here, but just with the platformers I'd guess Yoshi appears more often in that series than either Bowser Jr. or Rosalina.
Bowser Jr. and Rosalina are part of the Mario franchise, and HAVE the symbol. Yoshi has his egg. So that makes zero sense.

As for being unlockable newcomers... really? How does THAT make sense? When have characters from different franchise been in between other franchises on the final roster? Never, regardless of being unlockable or not.

99thSmashFan

Smash Rookie
I think the roster and how its organized is the only time I say that the roster organization is weird is because Sakurai, he just wants to flip us off even with the organization.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I've been away all day, but to me it looks very likely that if this leak is true, then it's very likely that Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie are also in the game, but simply not yet unlocked on the character select screen shown in the leak, because of this:

Amongst the people on Smashboards who believe the new leak, do the majority also believe we'll also be getting Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo because of the above?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've been away all day, but to me it looks very likely that if this leak is true, then it's very likely that Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie are also in the game, but simply not yet unlocked on the character select screen shown in the leak, because of this:

Amongst the people on Smashboards who believe the new leak, do the majority also believe we'll also be getting Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo because of the above?
I don't believe the leak, but I do believe that if the Ninka/ESRB leak is true, so is the above leak.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Ugh, why Dixie? Why another damned monkey? A third monkey over a crocodile? Do people even think?

Anyway, I don't buy the koopalings alt for Bowser Jr. The proportions are different for each one of them, so I don't see how each can be an alt. It doesn't matter if they're all in the clown car, the hitboxes would need to change if the sizes are right. If they're all shrunk or grown to BJ's size, that wouldn't look good. Also, 7 unique alt skins with 7 unique voices all for one character? Yeah, right.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ugh, why Dixie? Why another damned monkey? A third monkey over a crocodile? Do people even think?
A series about Monkey characters is getting another Monkey? WAT?!

I suppose it depends on whether or not she is a low-effort clone. As we debated the other day, Dixie Kong is more relevant to the Donkey Kong franchise and she is certainly promoted over him in recent years. It would be an easy way to "represent" the franchise without investing too much time.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
A series about Monkey characters is getting another Monkey? WAT?!

I suppose it depends on whether or not she is a low-effort clone. As we debated the other day, Dixie Kong is more relevant to the Donkey Kong franchise and she is certainly promoted over him in recent years. It would be an easy way to "represent" the franchise without investing too much time.
I think you mean that it would be a lazy and easy way to put in a DK character even though if it's the less desired one. Name one game other than Tropical Freeze that Dixie was in and K. Rool wasn't. Come on, let's hear it, Smarty Pants. I can think of 3 that K. Rool was in and Dixie wasn't. Three versus one. Whoah, who's more relevant and seen more often now?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I think you mean that it would be a lazy and easy way to put in a DK character even though if it's the less desired one. Name one game other than Tropical Freeze that Dixie was in and K. Rool wasn't. Come on, let's hear it, Smarty Pants.
I was implying that Tropical Freeze is the pertinent reason that she might be included over King K. Rool, similar to Greninja or Rosalina, I suppose.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think you mean that it would be a lazy and easy way to put in a DK character even though if it's the less desired one. Name one game other than Tropical Freeze that Dixie was in and K. Rool wasn't. Come on, let's hear it, Smarty Pants.
Dixie was in several Mario spinoffs back in the day, but that's about it. K. Rool and Dixie have appeared in about the same number of games. Dixie might have 1-2 spinoffs up on K. Rool, but other than that they're about even, and K. Rool ALWAYS has a bigger role than Dixie Kong in every game they both appear in. Except DKC3 where she's the main protagonist. Dixie was also absent following DKC3 about as long as K. Rool has been absent since Mario Super Sluggers.

Except Tropical Freeze is too new to have any effect on Smash 4.
Not necessarily, X/Y came out a few months before TF. However, we haven't seen anything for TF at all, whereas we have seen plenty for X/Y.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
This leak is absolutely without a shadow of a doubt in the fiber of my being total BS! I mean why would ICs be DLC? Whoever made does not know how much fanrage and backlash there would be if they were confirmed DLC and obviously whoever made this did this to stir some sh*t up you guys just don't know how much this makes me want to find whoever made this and beat the **** out of that person especially having Wolf cut

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ok ok, I'm stopping this right here before it goes somewhere. I don't want another K. Rool debate. I've got things to do.

Last edited:

saggernaut724

Smash Rookie
NNID
sagwinsl
3DS FC
4785-6664-3260
This leak is absolutely without a shadow of a doubt in the fiber of my being total BS! I mean why would ICs be DLC? Whoever made does not know how much fanrage and backlash there would be if they were confirmed DLC and obviously whoever made this did this to stir some sh*t up you guys just don't know how much this makes me want to find whoever made this and beat the **** out of that person especially having Wolf cut
I don't think you understand how ridiculous you sound.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Except that leak doesn't mention Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo nor Chorus Kids so why the hell are they in that list?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Leaks, leaks and more leaks, i'll just wait and see, no point arguing about a leak anymore.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Except that leak doesn't mention Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo nor Chorus Kids so why the hell are they in that list?
The list above is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT "leak" posted several days before the Ninka leak first surfaced.

If the above leak is true, then the ESRB leak cannot be. ESRB said that the Chorus Men will be DLC.
I heard that was debunked actually. Besides which, why the hell would ESRB know about DLC months in advance?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I heard that was debunked actually. Besides which, why the hell would ESRB know about DLC months in advance?
If the DLC is supposed to release close to the launch date, then it can be rated alongside the base game.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Exactly! But apparently, the Smash Dojo decided to bring it back to life, so it is unfortunately still alive. People are really dense thinkers around here if they are this desperate to jump on another leak just because it overlaps with the next most reliable set of leaks out there.

The only other explanation I can think of for the ESRB thing is that it's an alias to cover his tracks, and that's assuming the leak is real.

If the DLC is supposed to release close to the launch date, then it can be rated alongside the base game.
ESRB doesn't rate DLC, however. Even if it is to be released close to launch, there would be no reason to show it to them.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp#16.5

No it doesn't, not if it doesn't "exceed" the rating of the core content. And based on this leak, there's literally no reason Nintendo would have to announce this DLC to ESRB for additional rating.
It seems like an extremely subjective test; however, I doubt there was an element of "mandatory." Perhaps Nintendo submitted the DLC along with the "core" product just to be safe and avoid any inconvenience. Maybe the DLC includes something that extends beyond the "core" product and the characters just happen to be bundled with the DLC?

Honestly, the DLC portion of the leak is the most suspicious. But there is nothing objective that refutes that that knowledge was not disclosed. There is also the possibility that the leaker had some insider information and he is fabricating the rest.

Who knows?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It seems like an extremely subjective test; however, I doubt there was an element of "mandatory." Perhaps Nintendo submitted the DLC along with the "core" product just to be safe and avoid any inconvenience. Maybe the DLC includes something that extends beyond the "core" product and the characters just happen to be bundled with the DLC?

Honestly, the DLC portion of the leak is the most suspicious. But there is nothing objective that refutes that that knowledge was not disclosed. There is also the possibility that the leaker had some insider information and he is fabricating the rest.

Who knows?
Basically like Gematsu? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom