• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

Mewtwo, Dixie and Ridley comin?

Also Robert disproves nothing the leak stands. Youre nitpicking a WIP video game for having graphical errors and ignoring the obvious HQ renders never before seen as well as the tomodachi confirmation photo.

Today's scans of Famitsu showed a room of the Tomodachi Life stage that we never saw before. But guess what... the same room was in the leak with the same furniture, the same colors and everything.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Man, I want to believe this leak is fake, but if it is real, talking about KIU overrepping with Dark Pit..

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
There's too much wrong with this leak. Maybe a block of flaws thrown at you at once will get you to realize that? Introducing:

God Robert's Long Post of Why This Leak is Bull****
Credit goes to a YouTube comment by "Fabel Go" on Relax Alax's newest video for having originally said most of this, by the way.

Start off by appreciating this piece of evidence right here that goes with these images. I'll let all of this speak for itself.

Next, it's rather convenient that Shulk's face is the exact same shape, size, and angle as Little Mac's.

Next, this is the very same model for Doctor Mario in his portrait:

Compared to his portrait's render at the bottom right. Apply shading and edit the pose. Bam, it's the exact same.

This also shows the levels in the Duck hunt, Diddy, and Ness picture even though they're colored as if controlled by human players. In the Bowser Jr. picture, it shows levels of other players but they're grayed out to signify that they're CPU controlled.

Look again at Diddy, Duck Hunt, and Ness. There are no series icons behind the characters.

And who can forget about Ness's shirt? Read everything down below and then go back up to compare it with the new render of Ness above. You'll see it doesn't stay with his design.

Additionally, let's compare all of this to the Palutena Leak.

This has been the only "leaked" image to come true thus far. Notice the quality on the image. See how it's actually within a 3DS screen. It's not compressed and small. Throughout WEEKS of nitpicking, we couldn't find a single thing wrong with it, as the model was new and didn't match up with anything we had seen before. Even Mario, in a remarkably similar pose, was in a different frame altogether. This should be our standard.

Compare to the various screenshots we got. The screens are connected as if they're on a computer, leaving question as to why one couldn't get higher quality images in the form of a screenshot. This is on top of all the consistency errors pointed out above. Again, we've found out all of this within a day. If a leak is real, it wouldn't have all of these flaws to point out in the first place. This isn't talking about our roster of characters or stages. This is speaking entirely on objective terms of inaccurate UI, similar character renders, and formatting issues of the actual photos themselves.

And to those of you still in love with the whole "muh new Duck Hunt and Jr. renders", it's not like we've never had new renders before that end up fake in the first place. Even the Chrom Leak, that beautifully done thing, was a fake. So your precious Dunk Hunt be damned, new renders will contribute towards the strength of a leak, but sure as hell don't cover up anything else wrong with it.

So, in conclusion:
You got some stuff wrong. The first picture you posted wasn't leaked, but was edited by someone after the fact to make it look fake. In the original leaked batch, you can't see the bottom. Secondly, Doctor Mario isn't the same. The stethoscope is in a different position.

Edit: Ignore the first point. Second still stands. And Palutena was picked apart to hell and flaws were found. iirc it had to do with the staff suddenly changing width at the part which was holding it.

But isn't the render of Ganondorf the same?
I can't say I understand what you mean by that.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Also Robert disproves nothing the leak stands. Youre nitpicking a WIP video game for having graphical errors and ignoring the obvious HQ renders never before seen as well as the tomodachi confirmation photo.
Let me tell you right now, the game would already be golden by this point. It takes 4 to 6 weeks between a game's completion and the period of time it actually hits store shelves. We are at 24 days left before the game's release. Anything we see now would be a final product, the UI especially. Unless you're telling me that they literally save the character select screen for the very last minute, "It's a work in progress" is a bull**** excuse and you know it.

And it's obvious you didn't even read my post, considering I addressed the "HQ renders" you're talking about. Ness, Shulk, and Dr. Mario in particular were picked apart, not even having to repeat that new renders have been fake time and time again.

Tomodachi Life was already confirmed a while back, by the way. Don't know what you're going on about.

Edit: New room? I'm pretty sure we got footage of Tomoadachi Life a while back, no? Either way, one piece of new evidence does not account for the rest of the inconsistencies. Gematsu stood for itself for months. This hasn't even stood for itself for over a day.
You got some stuff wrong. The first picture you posted wasn't leaked, but was edited by someone after the fact to make it look fake. In the original leaked batch, you can't see the bottom. Secondly, Doctor Mario isn't the same. The stethoscope is in a different position.
I'm gonna need a source for all of that. Show your work.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Visual discrepancies was never my issue with this leak. It's the fact that

- 54 characters
- Three clones newcomers (one of which is a complete palette swap)
- Two retros
- Seven Mario characters
- One of which is a character that is bound to a Clown Car
- Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, Snake cut
- DLC consists of only cut veterans and one very obscure newcomer

I'm sorry, but impressive as your Photoshop skills are, gentlemen, this is fake.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

- 54 characters
- Two retros
- Seven Mario characters

I'm sorry, but impressive as your Photoshop skills are, gentlemen, this is fake.
Right because Sakurai would never release a roster that dissapointed people..oh wait how long ago was brawl.

And it's generally understood that there are 4-6 more newcomers on the final roster/DLC depending on the stance you take but very few think the 54 is the final final roster anymore

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

- 54 characters
- Two retros
- Seven Mario characters

>trying to make sense of why Sakurai picks the characters he picks.

Come on now. Out of all the reasons to disbelieve why this one.

I dont see how you can hate a roster that has all brawl characters returning, plus Doc, DPit, Junior, DHD, and potentially even Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie. Its like you hate awesome things.

If the latter three are real, I wonder if they will be on the Wii U originally, and then be added to the 3DS roster via download like I think the DLC would be. It seems like the best way to get people to buy both versions.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Right because Sakurai would never release a roster that dissapointed people..oh wait how long ago was brawl.
I wasn't disappointed by Brawl's roster.
The only characters that were cut from Brawl were low effort clones and Mewtwo. Considering all of the statements Sakurai has made about this game, this roster completely contradicts all of that.

If all they had to offer for DLC was characters we've already had, they would delay the game and put them on the cartridge.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I understand what you mean by that.
In one of the pictures from that leak you can see Ganondorf's artwork on the "Winners" screen. It looks identical to the one on the CSS.

Btw, on the note of the fatter black line above Kirby, that apparently could happen in the demo as well. To me, that seems like a pretty strong indicator that it's real, because why would a fake leaker replicate a minor graphical glitch that would make people doubt his work? As for the other things God Robert mentioned.
-Little Mac thing is a coincidence most likely.
-Dr.Mario is not identical.
-As for why the CPUs have colored boxes, I can't really answer that. Might be related to Amiibo or some other mode, but it's definitely an inconsistency.
-On that screen they're not supposed to have series icons behind them, only in the upper corner, as illustrated (you can see this in the video I liked above)
-As for the Ness thing, that's the strongest proof it is fake to me, but it's still possible his in-game model has the shirt correctly and the one who made the render messed up.

And don't go asking me for proof on this Robert. You can't prove the renders are fake either, so no one will get nowhere by demanding proof.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I wasn't disappointed by Brawl's roster.
The only characters that were cut from Brawl were low effort clones and Mewtwo. Considering all of the statements Sakurai has made about this game, this roster completely contradicts all of that.

If all they had to offer for DLC was characters we've already had, they would delay the game and put them on the cartridge.
I didn't say you were disappointed, but people in general were, and all of your reasons you listed are problems with roster choice, which people had during brawl leaks (the true ones). It can be your reason for not believing, but dismissing it as a fake as fact for things that you don't like subjectivley isn't really logical

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
>trying to make sense of why Sakurai picks the characters he picks.

Come on now. Out of all the reasons to disbelieve why this one.
Because it includes characters that people are against seeing? I mean let's face it, from an objective point of view, the fact that Dr. Mario was planned as a separate character in Brawl along with that quote about Sakurai thinking it would feel strange to have him use Fireballs always made it far more likely for him to return as a clone character than an alt and the fact he was planned for Brawl at all, despite a lot of things going against him, means he always had a plausible chance of returning.

The only reason why people think otherwise is because they don't want him as a separate character, being a clone, and they personally feel he should be an alt. But as we know from history, What people think should=/= what Sakurai thinks.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like the roster AS IS (including the DLC) but if that old post is true and Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo are playable... this will be the BEST smash ever.

(At least from a roster stand point)

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I retracted that (mistook it for disablad I think, which wasn't in the original batch). The point on the stethoscope stands though.
Not really. As I said, the model could easily be reposed in a program like 3ds Max (ironically unrelated to the Nintendo 3DS) and then rendered with the shading we see in the portrait. The stethoscope would be no harder to move than his arm or legs.

Morbi

Scavenger

- 54 characters
- Two retros
- Seven Mario characters

It is arbitrarily fake because you do not like the roster? Interesting perspective.

Let me tell you right now, the game would already be golden by this point. It takes 4 to 6 weeks between a game's completion and the period of time it actually hits store shelves. We are at 24 days left before the game's release. Anything we see now would be a final product, the UI especially. Unless you're telling me that they literally save the character select screen for the very last minute, "It's a work in progress" is a bull**** excuse and you know it.

And it's obvious you didn't even read my post, considering I addressed the "HQ renders" you're talking about. Ness, Shulk, and Dr. Mario in particular were picked apart, not even having to repeat that new renders have been fake time and time again.

Tomodachi Life was already confirmed a while back, by the way. Don't know what you're going on about.

Edit: New room? I'm pretty sure we got footage of Tomoadachi Life a while back, no? Either way, one piece of new evidence does not account for the rest of the inconsistencies. Gematsu stood for itself for months. This hasn't even stood for itself for over a day.

I'm gonna need a source for all of that. Show your work.
Gematsu had just as many observable inconsistencies if you ask me.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
When did I say that?
Now you are just putting words in my mouth.
You listed a bunch of reaons why you think it's fake, all of which were roster choices then said: "I'm sorry, but impressive as your Photoshop skills are, gentlemen, this is fake."

That's about as declarative as it gets. X is Y

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It is arbitrarily fake because you do not like the roster? Interesting perspective.

Gematsu had just as many observable inconsistencies if you ask me.
Beyond Rosalina (who was never planned to be shown at the E3 event in the first place, something people seem to forget) and the Fire Emblem duo (which was later explained by Sakurai as Chrom being planned but dropped in favor of Robin), how did Gematsu have any inconsistencies in the first place?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This leak coincides with the idea that Gameatsu was outdated info..

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I never said this.
The most glaring individual roster choice is Bowser Jr. because he is in a Clown Car. I don't care how creative you are, that cannot feasibly work.

How does he punch? Or does he to punch, is Bowser Jr. just the most gimmicky character ever?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Beyond Rosalina (who was never planned to be shown at the E3 event in the first place, something people seem to forget) and the Fire Emblem duo (which was later explained by Sakurai as Chrom being planned but dropped in favor of Robin), how did Gematsu have any inconsistencies in the first place?
...except Chrom wasn't planned, this is the problem. All he said is that Chrom was considered. CONSIDERED. He never even went into the planning stages.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
=
The most glaring individual roster choice is Bowser Jr. because he is in a Clown Car. I don't care how creative you are, that cannot feasibly work.

Says who? You? And the leak gives very little info, who's to say its not a summoned object like Wario's bike, or Luma or something?

Also just realized that this real housewife looks like Henry...

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I never said this.

How does he punch? Or does he to punch, is Bowser Jr. just the most gimmicky character ever?
Maybe it grows arms :awesome:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
I never said this.

Maybe he could use his special Car that has gloves?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Says who? You? And the leak gives very little info, who's to say its not a summoned object like Wario's bike, or Luma or something?

Also just realized that this real housewife looks like Henry...
Because he's in the clown car in his render and past leaks which line up with this one state that Bowser Jr. is in his clown car. That would imply he's always in his clown car, which I agree, I cannot possible see how that could feasibly work. Summoning his clown car? Not a problem!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
OH WAIT the clown car cannot be summoned bc its in the render?

Like Luma? Or Pikmin?

Morbi

Scavenger
I vaguely recall that the leaker asserted that the characters would make an E3 appearance (only Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer appeared). This can obviously be explained with a hypothetical scenario in the same way that most of the inconsistencies on this leak can be explained. Other than that; if I remember, he did not establish the proper name for Villager as he did with Mii Fighters. There was also the "Pokemon from X and Y" fiasco for the many who believed that he had current information. It is common knowledge that he did not, but at the time, it was certainly an inconsistency that many ignored.

So there were about five or six inconsistencies that insinuated that the leak was false. In this case, I do not believe that there are more than five or six. We have Ness' shirt, the UI change in particular areas, Shulk and Little Mac's similar positioning, and a possible base for the Dr. Mario render.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Bowser Jr in a Clown Car sounds exactly like MODOK + Tron Bonne to me.

I can easily see it.

Last edited:

Mewter

Smash Master
Hold on.

Could those levels for the human players just be placeholder names for the bottom screen display during matches?

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
It's Gematsu all over again.
Okay, well while you guys continue to delude yourselves again, I am going to enjoy the last month of waiting away from Smashboards.
Honestly, you're the most deluded. Instead of giving good reasons not to believe in the leak, you just assume it as fake because you don't like it. And, whenever people say it's probably real, you just say you're right (again, without giving any evidence to support your position) and say we're deluded

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But Greninja and even Lucina are positioned similar to old art.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I really love the roster but i'm siding with #TeamFake here

If it's real holy crap DOC IS BACK :'D

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
...except Chrom wasn't planned, this is the problem. All he said is that Chrom was considered. CONSIDERED. He never even went into the planning stages.
Given. But much like how Ike was conceived in Brawl as originally just "Fire Emblem Protagonist", with IS recommending Ike to Sakurai later, it's more than possible that Chrom was read similarly as "Fire Emblem Protagonist". Given how Chrom is the main lord of Fire Emblem Awakening, it could have been an assumption from the leaker based on the conception documents that Chrom would have been that choice. A lot of "coulds", but all of this is said for one error regardless. Compared to the dozen found in the leak, 7/9 + an unknown the leaker couldn't have known about still leaves Gematsu valid. No other leak has lasted as long as it has thus far, the main point being here that this leak doesn't even hold a candle to Gematsu.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Hold on.

Could those levels for the human players just be placeholder names for the bottom screen display during matches?
I believe it is Smash Run,

So there were about five or six inconsistencies that insinuated that the leak was false. In this case, I do not believe that there are more than five or six. We have Ness' shirt, the UI change in particular areas, Shulk and Little Mac's similar positioning, and a possible base for the Dr. Mario render.
I think someone posted a video of someone playing in the E3 that had the same UI change in some areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom