• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Last edited:

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Well considering Toon Zelda is actually one of my top most wanted newcomers, the decision isn't 'too-n' difficult for me.
That was an awful attempt at a pun, wasn't it? :ohwell:
Tri forceing your silly puns one more time, I dare you. You're dra-ganon the conversation.

P.S: Can't wait to toon in tonight at Midna-ight for the PotD

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
ATTENTION TO EVERYONE: I'm currently creating the Smash Purge as a fun little detractor. I know I tried to start movement in the forum again, but since we rooted back to DP, I've come up with this little game and here's how it's gonna work:

You are in charge of Smash 4's character roster in 2012, and you have been asked to select characters through a purge. You travel through dimensions to find yourself in a cityscape with 30 characters. Some have already been confirmed in the game, but in this dimension, you have the power to change it. In the Smash Purge, you must eliminate 15 of them, and leave the other 15 to be put in the game. Your choices are as followed:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
28. PROFESSOR LAYTON THERE WAS NEVER A ROY HERE
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

Reply with a roster you've made, or just a list.

I'm curious to see the response to this, so I'll await the feedback. Be creative, and have fun! If you want, you can even describe how you purged the characters you didn't select.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
ATTENTION TO EVERYONE: I'm currently creating the Smash Purge as a fun little detractor. I know I tried to start movement in the forum again, but since we rooted back to DP, I've come up with this little game and here's how it's gonna work:

You are in charge of Smash 4's character roster in 2012, and you have been asked to select characters through a purge. You travel through dimensions to find yourself in a cityscape with 30 characters. Some have already been confirmed in the game, but in this dimension, you have the power to change it. In the Smash Purge, you must eliminate 15 of them, and leave the other 15 to be put in the game. Your choices are as followed:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
28. Roy
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

I'm curious to see the response to this, so I'll await the feedback. Be creative, and have fun! If you want, you can even describe how you purged the characters you didn't select.
My remaining 15 following the purge:

1. Paper Mario
2. Krystal
3. Lucina
4. Robin
5. Rosalina
6. Mega Man
7. Villager
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Shulk
10. Palutena
11. Little Mac
12. Greninja
13. Mewtwo
14. Ridley
15. Pac-Man

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
28. Roy
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.
I would just like to point out

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
28. Roy
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

I'm not doing this since you left out the best one. The one that would leave no smash unsolved. you know, that one.

(psst. it's Layton.)

I do think his chances were never higher than they are now, that said it's a slim chance.

I would just like to point out
OH! maybe he could replace one of those with Layton! I'd like that.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
My heart won't contain itself ...

2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
13. Robin
14. Lucina
17. Krystal
22. Shulk
24. Paper Mario
29. Chorus Men

I just cut Greninja and Mii Fighters, then add in Krystal, Shulk, Paper Mario, Chorus Men, K. Rool, and Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

No Bandana Dee, 0/10, I hate this game.

DACSHeyes

Smash Cadet

You are in charge of Smash 4's character roster in 2012, and you have been asked to select characters through a purge. You travel through dimensions to find yourself in a cityscape with 30 characters. Some have already been confirmed in the game, but in this dimension, you have the power to change it. In the Smash Purge, you must eliminate 15 of them, and leave the other 15 to be put in the game.
1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
14. Lucina
18. Ghirahim
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
26. Black Shadow

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
You guys know that Nintendo doesn't own Professor Layton, right? He'd be a third-party character, if I'm not mistaken. It wouldn't even be a Kirby/Pokemon/Fire Emblem situation.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mario: Toad
Wario: Captain Syrup
Yoshi: None
Zelda: Impa
Pokemon: Pokemon Trainer
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
Kid Icarus: Medusa
Metroid: Ridley
Kirby: Prince Fluff
Star Fox: Krystal
Mother/Earthbound: Ninten
Fire Emblem: NO MORE
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh
Retro: Takamaru
Third Party: Simon Belmont
Other: Isaac
Returning Veteran: Wolf
Most Wanted: Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Do Not Want: Dark Pit

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You guys know that Nintendo doesn't own Professor Layton, right? He'd be a third-party character, if I'm not mistaken. It wouldn't be a HAL or Game Freak or Intelligent Systems situation.
True, though i guess you could call him a 2.5 party, since Nintendo has published all the games so far.

Morbi

Scavenger

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

I have a question about the game, what if we wanted to purge the entire roster of every character, aside from a certain fallen angel? I would cite the reason as follows: "hypothetical character a" was not Dark Pit. "Hypothetical character b" was not Dark Pit. So on and so forth. Would that be okay?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom

16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa

20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider

29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I have a question about the game, what if we wanted to purge the entire roster of every character, aside from a certain fallen angel? I would cite the reason as follows: "hypothetical character a" was not Dark Pit. "Hypothetical character b" was not Dark Pit. So on and so forth. Would that be okay?
Of course! However, we all know you're implying Krystal, so why don't you just admit it? :troll:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal

18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.

21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
28. Professor Layton

29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

Characters to be put in:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Villager
7. Megaman
8. Pac-man
9. Takamaru
10. Roy
11. Bowser. Jr.