• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, my first 2 choices was quite obvious:

Paper Mario (3): Not doing it would be like scatman not wanting vaati; it's not going to happen.

Ridley (5): My second most wanted and I found him interesting even for 5 points.

The problem is the remaining 4 points...

Ghirahim (4): I would honestly want vaati more, but it seemed to be the the one one I would care the most remaining on the list. And I'm neutral on everyone except my first 2 and King K Rool so "most" doesn't mean a lot.

PsychoVillager

Smash Rookie
Why not, dreaming:

Mario: Paper Mario
Wario: No one
Yoshi: No one
Zelda: Midna deserves a place, it could be a really cool move set, sad she is not in here
Pokémon: Aegilash/Venusaur/Absol/Chesnaught [I would be really stranger if i don't see Sceptile in the game… One initial fire, initial water… initial grass now they do the reboot of the game? Sounds legit]
DK: No one, I really dislike DK characters
KI: Dark Pit only if he is quite different and not a clone (same could be said to Dark Link)
Metroid: Ridley
Kirby: Bandana Dee
Fire Emblem: No one more!
F-Zero: No one
Mother: Should play more to say a character
Retro: Ryu (If we have PAC-MAN..)
Other: Bayonetta
Veteran: Ness & Meta Knight
Most Wanted: Isaac
Do not want: Any DK character
Third Party: Bomberman, Layton & Agnes

And for the purge:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider

28. PROFESSOR LAYTON THERE WAS NEVER A ROY HERE
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Elite Beat Agents only worth 1 point?

**** that noise, they're damn worth 12 points and everyone should pick them.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
ATTENTION TO EVERYONE: I'm currently creating the Smash Purge as a fun little detractor. I know I tried to start movement in the forum again, but since we rooted back to DP, I've come up with this little game and here's how it's gonna work:

You are in charge of Smash 4's character roster in 2012, and you have been asked to select characters through a purge. You travel through dimensions to find yourself in a cityscape with 30 characters. Some have already been confirmed in the game, but in this dimension, you have the power to change it. In the Smash Purge, you must eliminate 15 of them, and leave the other 15 to be put in the game. Your choices are as followed:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider
29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

Reply with a roster you've made, or just a list.

I'm curious to see the response to this, so I'll await the feedback. Be creative, and have fun! If you want, you can even describe how you purged the characters you didn't select.

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
8. Wii Fit Trainer

9. Villager
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Takamaru

13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Chrom
16. Roy
17. Krystal
18. Ghirahim
19. Impa
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
23. Waluigi
24. Paper Mario
25. Dark Pit
26. Black Shadow
27. Mach Rider

29. Chorus Men
30. Mii Fighters.

Well considering I don't really like most of these character, It wasn't to difficult for me to do. I'd probably remove more characters if I could.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I don't get the big deal with Ridley, I get that he has a large following, and many put up a whale of an argument about his size. He's such a massive deal around here, and I want to hear some of your opinions. Btw I'm new here first post!

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
king k rool (5)
Dillon (2)
Duck Hunt Dog (2)
Sceptile (3)
thats tough so many character combos i would want

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
I don't get the big deal with Ridley, I get that he has a large following, and many put up a whale of an argument about his size. He's such a massive deal around here, and I want to hear some of your opinions. Btw I'm new here first post!
Welcome! The only advice I can give is to have enough self control to not pull your hair out while on this thread. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
It is of my opinion that Ridley is the most likely candidate for Smash 4 based on the ambiguous allusion (and its implications) alone. I used to be more passionate about his inclusion, I would type text-wall after text-wall; however, as of current, there is no point as all of that information is compiled in his thread's original (and second) post.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Allow me to be first to Like your post then, and Welcome to the Boards.
You're not the only one who doesn't necessarily understand the Ridley hype. I myself am neutral towards his inclusion. There are many big Metroid fans though who would like to see the franchise get another playable representative, and Ridley seems to be the next in line since he's the main villain of the franchise. People are also hoping to see more villains in Smash, as there hasn't been too many as of yet. That's likely another reason why Ridley has a big following. Don't worry too much about Ridley if you're not as invested in the character as others are. We'll learn of his fate soon enough.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Welcome! The only advice I can give is to have enough self control to not pull your hair out while on this thread. :p
Lol I've followed for a bit, and the dark pit discussion gets a bit heated, but I'll be fine thanks lol and Ridley to me, is the most likely playable character, but I get the arguments against him, just not the size one, just look at bowser in 3d world and galaxy

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Welcome to the Boards!
Ok so here's my opinion. I, for one, don't really care too much for Metroid. It was never a huge part of my childhood so seeing Samus in Smash was the only thing I knew about it for quite some time. However, I got my hands on Super Metroid(which is a great game) and I honestly still don't see the huge appeal for Ridley. Now don't get me wrong, I support Ridley for Smash and I'd love to play as him. I simply don't have any attachment to the character and I think he'd make a fantastic boss character. Would I rather him be playable? Heck yeah! But I won't cry over it if he's confirmed to be a boss character, just slightly irritated.

Depending who you ask will get you different answers regarding his chances. Some say he's flat-out disconfirmed while others believe he's even more likely now.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I don't know if I want to know whether that was intentional or not

D

Deleted member

Oh, puns are always so much better when they're unintentional...

EDIT: Oh, I missed one. The "whale" bit.

Yeah, intentional.
Not as funny.

EDIT: And "big deal" and "large following".
.....yeah. Definitely intentional.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Welcome to the Boards!
Ok so here's my opinion. I, for one, don't really care too much for Metroid. It was never a huge part of my childhood so seeing Samus in Smash was the only thing I knew about it for quite some time. However, I got my hands on Super Metroid(which is a great game) and I honestly still don't see the huge appeal for Ridley. Now don't get me wrong, I support Ridley for Smash and I'd love to play as him. I simply don't have any attachment to the character and I think he'd make a fantastic boss character. Would I rather him be playable? Heck yeah! But I won't cry over it if he's confirmed to be a boss character, just slightly irritated.

Depending who you ask will get you different answers regarding his chances. Some say he's flat-out disconfirmed while others believe he's even more likely now.
I've played some metroid, and I just want Ridley in the game, and same as you, I prefer him being playable. And was there actually a boss health meter on the palutenas temple stage? Because maybe pyro sphere has one, or hopefully, maybe not. And my take on puns is go big or go home

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I can underline the puns as well!

Lol I've followed for a bit, and the dark pit discussion gets a bit heated, but I'll be fine thanks lol and Ridley to me, is the most likely playable character, but I get the arguments against him, just not the size one, just look at bowser in 3d world and galaxy
I apologize for that. Dark Pit is my baby. :troll:

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I can underline a pun as well!

I apologize for that. Dark Pit is my baby. :troll:
Lol I'm fine with dark pit, and I hope he will be playable as well. I'm just so hyped for this game I would take Lindsey Lohan as a newcomer as long as I could see more gameplay and more information about the game come out

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, I found this on the Smash Sub-Reddit.

You get 12 points, each character row corresponds to the point on the left. So Wonder Red = 4 Points, and Duck Hunt Dog = 2 Points, etc.

So if you only had 12 points, who would you choose? This is mine.

Ridley: Because Ridley.

Bandana Dee: Awesome character, if FE can have 4 reps, so does Kirby.

Sceptile: Because the Fire-Water-Grass starter trio.
Lessee:
Captain Toad (5 points; seriously though why is Toad the only Mario option missing?)
Duck Hunt Dog (2 points)
Bandana Dee (4 points)
Saki (1 point)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Lol I'm fine with dark pit, and I hope he will be playable as well. I'm just so hyped for this game I would take Lindsey Lohan as a newcomer as long as I could see more gameplay and more information about the game come out
Lindsey Lohan as a newcomer
I know you're joking and all, but I don't think I could take it. :laugh:
I'd have to say though. I definitely know who my new punching-bag would be!

Morbi

Scavenger
I know you're joking and all, but I don't think I could take it. :laugh:
I'd have to say though. I definitely know who my new punching-bag would be!
If Lindsey Lohan was Paper Lindsey Lohan, I am sure that you would be okay with it. Am I; perhaps, correct with this assumption? :shades:

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
If Lindsey Lohan was Paper Lindsey Lohan, I am sure that you would be okay with it. I am; perhaps, correct with this assumption? :shades:
Oh, uh, obviously, uh paper mario is definitely on the top of my list. All joking aside, I think the 8 bit mario and paper mario arguments have thin evidence. I think appear mario has some wind at his back now with a stage, and I hope he gets in. And what do you guys think of a character reveal along with the direct? I know it's not likely at all, but if we did, who do you think we would get?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
ATTENTION TO EVERYONE: I'm currently creating the Smash Purge as a fun little detractor. I know I tried to start movement in the forum again, but since we rooted back to DP, I've come up with this little game and here's how it's gonna work:

You are in charge of Smash 4's character roster in 2012, and you have been asked to select characters through a purge. You travel through dimensions to find yourself in a cityscape with 30 characters. Some have already been confirmed in the game, but in this dimension, you have the power to change it. In the Smash Purge, you must eliminate 15 of them, and leave the other 15 to be put in the game. Your choices are as followed:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Greninja
7. Rosalina
9. Villager
10. Mega Man
14. Lucina
16. Roy
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Isaac
22. Shulk
27. Mach Rider

Reply with a roster you've made, or just a list.

I'm curious to see the response to this, so I'll await the feedback. Be creative, and have fun! If you want, you can even describe how you purged the characters you didn't select.
I wanted to keep Takamaru, but I'd save him for the next Smash when he's more heavily requested

So I've been gone all day. What's the current topic again? Rayman deconfirmed? Dark Lord Pit? Peanut Butter and Jelly?

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I wanted to keep Takamaru, but I'd save him for the next Smash when he's more heavily requested

So I've been gone all day. What's the current topic again? Rayman deconfirmed? Dark Lord Pit? Peanut Butter and Jelly?
I'm pretty sure it's been dark pit, with some other various characters. And have you guys seen the dark pit amiibo pic?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

We can discuss more Dark Pit if you are interested... we already have a taker!

I'm pretty sure it's been dark pit, with some other various characters
Yes, yes. Dark Pit.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think appear mario has some wind at his back now with a stage, and I hope he gets in.
Oh you don't understand the amount of want emitting from my soul. Right in the feels.
And what do you guys think of a character reveal along with the direct? I know it's not likely at all, but if we did, who do you think we would get?
I agree as I find it unlikely. However, if we were to see someone. . . Ganondorf or Impa.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Does anyone have the pic of the boss health meter on palutenas temple? And do you guys think we'll be getting anymore 3rd party newcomers? I hope we get Layton, but bomberman is a close second

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So at this point, are we getting a retro character? Or did we already get one in the form of Little Mac?

We're left with Mach Rider, Bubbles, Muddy Mole and Duck Hunt Dog. Who do you guys think we're most likely to get?

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
BluePikmin was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the PotD, haha. Anyway, I think this shows that Smash 4 is going all out with Nintendo content in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom