• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Which makes me think, has anyone looked up any other character yet?
It didn't exactly work that way. If you look up the name of a character, it will search for games with that character's name in the title.
Wario was on the front page as a specific character to search (coming up as Wario with a superscript TM), as the E-Shop cycles through various characters and series promoted this way. We either got lucky that Wario was up and they happened to have Sm4sh on the list, or Nintendo left that as an easter egg and removed it once it was found out.

And to say, I believe in 4x13 roster (random in the bottom right again). All BRAWL veterans minus Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur returning. Four newcomers, two being Shulk and a RH rep (likely Marshall). The "hopeful" 2 are Bandanna Dee and Sceptile, and my middle ground is swapping Sceptile for K Rool (...or Dixie but less likely).

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Jeez, I would have got the point had someone told me once, let alone 3 times.

I wasn't on the site for a week, so I didn't know about the mistranslation. My apologies.
I do think that Chrom was very heavily considered to the point that he may have been on the first draft of the roster.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, "Id" is Robin's theme song, after all. It's more tied to him/her than anyone else. And the final battle is more focused on Robin than it is Chrom.
I was more so questioning that Chrom was the character excluded when the original poster said Purpose pertained to Robin and Lucina only. Especially when Chrom still plays a big part in the final mission. That's all my point was.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Purpose does not apply to Chrom, then it doesn't apply to Lucina either.

Though I think the reason the used the song in the video and on Arena Ferox is simply because it's a very popular song from the game.
Then again, there are others that fit in better for that stage, so maybe it is because of Robin.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm going to go with elaborate straw.

Both Palutena and A FE newcomer were expected. I don't really get the idea that Purpose was only directed at Lucina and Robin either; I would need an explanation as to why it doesn't pertain to Chrom when he is a major part of the final level.

Like I said, if we get a Zelda newcomer or Ridley, then maybe i'd believe it. Otherwise I think people are looking waaaay too deep.
I thought it was because Tiki (The trophy shown) can only support with Robin and Lucina.

I might be wrong on that though.

Edit: She can support with Robin, Lucina, and about 2 others. But Chrom isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
No.

Initially they said the would detail every character and stage in the game.
What they actually meant was every already confirmed stage and character.
Yeah thats what I meant, but I thought he meant them confirmed Ridley then. But if they were to go into detail of all the stages there, then I guess we could be looking at a possible Ridley disconfirmation

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So, we talked about a second Sonic character. If Capcom were to receive a second character, who would you want to see? Personally, I was hoping for a Street Fighter character before Megaman, but Megaman deserved the spot. I was seriously rooting for these guys:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
So, we talked about a second Sonic character. If Capcom were to receive a second character, who would you want to see? Personally, I was hoping for a Street Fighter character before Megaman, but Megaman deserved the spot. I was seriously rooting for these guys:

Anyone? .....

I won't accept anyone else but

Of course, she wouldn't get in due to using realistic guns and such. Unless they went the MvC2 route.

The only correct answer is:

He's been on GBA, DS, Wii Ware, and 3DS. And his only non-Nintendo appearances are his PC Port and UMvC3 appearance. He would deserve it the most.

Amaterasu would be my 2nd choice though.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I honestly never found Chrom to be as likely as everyone else said he was. He's also the reason I never believed in the Sal leak. I actually found Lucina and Robin the most likely.

We all know this guy is the best choice.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I honestly never found Chrom to be as likely as everyone else said he was. He's also the reason I never believed in the Sal leak. I actually found Lucina and Robin the most likely.

We all know this guy is the best choice.
I agree on both the Chrom and Phoenix Wright things.

I thought that there was no way we wouldn't get a magic user or at least a female character from Fire Emblem. I didn't, however, find Lucina and Robin the most likely, but Micaiah (due to personal bias)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Anyone? .....
The only correct answer is:
He's been on GBA, DS, Wii Ware, and 3DS. And his only non-Nintendo appearances are his PC Port and UMvC3 appearance. He would deserve it the most.
Amaterasu would be my 2nd choice though.
He asked who I wanted to see, not who deserved it the most. :awesome:

Nothing against Phoenix Wright, having never played his games, but I'd take three Resident Evil characters before him.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
He asked who I wanted to see, not who deserved it the most. :awesome:

Nothing against Phoenix Wright, having never played his games, but I'd take three Resident Evil characters before him.
Yeah I gotcha, it's fine. Phoenix Wright is one of my favorite franchises, and Ace Attorney 1 and 3 rank in my top 5 favorite DS games, as well as in my top 10 favorite games of all time.

Hence why I was upset when Mega Man got announced.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I had an incredibly ingenious and devious idea.

They should make the game have unlockable newcomers.
But make them really hard to find so they can release trailers for them and how to unlock them after the 3DS game comes out. :awesome:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I think most of my wanted characters at this point are characters who I haven't played their games (with the exception of Sceptile). I haven't even played all the way through Vaati's. :laugh:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Nathan Radd Spencer.
Either a remasterization of the 8-Bit character, or the BC:Rearmed version (the first, not the 2nd). And the alt costume would be the one that appears in MvC3.

He's got enough moves to hold his own. He'd sort of be a mix between Snake and ZSS.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Street Fighter has been on:
SNES, GBC, GBA, Wii Ware, and 3DS.
To go further in-depth, Ryu has appeared on almost all Nintendo consoles. The only Nintendo consoles that he hasn't are:
NES, Nintendo 64, and Nintendo DS. Of course, this is just what I came up with on the top of my head. I haven't played any of the Ace Attorney games so he doesn't really interest me. I know he has a lot of fans though, especially after that UMvC3 ordeal.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Arthur from Ghost N Goblins, Amaterasu from Okami, or Ryu.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
They would have to be crazy to add Phoenix Wright. He would look odd amongst the other fighters.
Have you played Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3? I wouldn't be surprised if they employed Sakurai to make that move-set, it's so Smash like imo.

He's my main in that game, and the whole entire reason I bought it.

Street Fighter has been on:
SNES, GBC, GBA, Wii Ware, and 3DS.
To go further in-depth, Ryu has appeared on almost all Nintendo consoles. The only Nintendo consoles that he hasn't are:
NES, Nintendo 64, and Nintendo DS. Of course, this is just what I came up with on the top of my head. I haven't played any of the Ace Attorney games so he doesn't really interest me. I know he has a lot of fans though, especially after that UMvC3 ordeal.
I get what you mean, but personally, I don't like the idea of characters who only exist in Fighting games, being guest fighters in Smash Bros. Heck, I considered Punch Out! a fighting game, and even though I like it, it was why I was upset of the addition on Little Mac.

MasterDoom1666

Smash Cadet
Have you played Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3? I wouldn't be surprised if they employed Sakurai to make that move-set, it's so Smash like imo.

He's my main in that game, and the whole entire reason I bought it.

I get what you mean, but personally, I don't like the idea of characters who only exist in Fighting games, being guest fighters in Smash Bros. Heck, I considered Punch Out! a fighting game, and even though I like it, it was why I was upset of the addition on Little Mac.
I don't care, I would still much rather have Ryu anyways.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Punch-Out is way closer to a puzzle game than a fighting game.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't care, I would much rather have Ryu anyways
Alright, I was just saying.

Punch-Out is way closer to a puzzle game than a fighting game.
Yeah I guess, but to me he doesn't look right being in Smash. But that's my personal opinion of course.

I think most of my wanted characters at this point are characters who I haven't played their games (with the exception of Sceptile). I haven't even played all the way through Vaati's. :laugh:
Same, when I first wanted (for Brawl) Micaiah, Banjo, Amaterasu, Chrono and Neku I hadn't played their games all they way (I didn't even own TWEWY) before Brawl came out.

I still haven't beaten any of Banjo's games, Chrono Trigger, or Okami. I need to do that soon.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Banjo (+Kazooie) would be a nice addition, but Amaterasu would work just as well as Wolf Link would.
I'm not familiar with Wolf Link, but since Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu have been in a fighting game before, I'm convinced they can be in Smash as well.

And why would Wright and Layton work bad? Sakurai took Captain Falcon and made something out of them. You, I guess, just lack imagination.

I would love to see Phoenix Wright as a DLC Charcter along with Layton
Yes. Me too.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah I guess, but to me he doesn't look right being in Smash. But that's my personal opinion of course.
Well, I'm just saying, Smash Bros. is about unrealted franchises being mashed together.
Nobody looks "right" in Smash because everyone does.

Same, when I first wanted (for Brawl) Micaiah, Banjo, Amaterasu, Chrono and Neku I hadn't played their games all they way (I didn't even own TWEWY) before Brawl came out.
I still haven't beaten any of Banjo's games, Chrono Trigger, or Okami. I need to do that soon.
I generally support characters because of the games they were in. The only exception, as I've mentioned before, is Ridley.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well, I'm just saying, Smash Bros. is about unrealted franchises being mashed together.
Nobody looks "right" in Smash everyone does.

I generally support characters because of the games they were in. The only exception, as I've mentioned before, is Ridley.
I usually support the characters I like the design of, as well as the ones from games I liked. That's why now, I'm a huge supporter of Neku and Micaiah, not only do I like the character but the games I enjoyed so much.

Wolf Link is basically like Amaterasu, except it's a version of Link and Nintendo actually has all the rights to him.
Last time I checked Wolf Link isn't a goddess and didn't have god-like powers.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I guess Layton would work just as terribly as Phoenix Wright.:facepalm::facepalm:
OBJECtuhh, TAKE A LOOK!
UMvC3 managed to make Phoenix Wright work as a character despite, you know, not fighting. I suppose him not fighting in any way could also go against Smash 4, if another game that is significantly faster didn't already manage it.
As for Layton...

He HAS been shown fighting quite competently in multiple games and in the movie. Mix his swordfighting (fencing, to be exact) and some things from the puzzles and you have a great moveset. We also can't forget this:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I usually support the characters I like the design of, as well as the ones from games I liked. That's why now, I'm a huge supporter of Neku and Micaiah, not only do I like the character but the games I enjoyed so much.
That's funny. Usually if I'm supporting a character where I haven't played the game, I'm supporting them in spite of their design rather than because of it.

Again, Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom