• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
There is probably some sort of rhythm style of fighting going to be involved with them. Maybe my ideas of Lip might be realized after all, with powering up through chaining attacks not only increasing damage output but also upgrading certain attacks for extra efficiency.
Mmmm...

Not to keen on taking stuff away from Lip. Still, if Lip really is never going to be in a Smash game, (as unproven as I still think it is), it might as well live on in someone else..

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Alright next question whos got one let's get off of THAT topic.
Not just yet, I want to clear something up. Shouldn't take long.
Am I wrong for thinking it's Goku level? Not really, if you can "call people stupid" for wanting Goku, what difference is it when someone does the same for this?
well, goku seemingly is against all smash criteria, for one.
I'm not calling anyone here stupid, your thinking of that only proves the mentality that it's alright to call Miiverse stupid for wanting Goku, but not someone else for a different character.
The way you say "drop to miiverse levels" clearly shows you view them as lower individuals regarding smash speculation. In which case, I deem you hypocrite. :p
Don't take my opinion as a personal attack.
I take it as an attack if you call out people who believe that and put it on miiverse standards.

And that is everything you addressed me with.

In short, it wasn't your opinion that upset me, it was the way you put it, like people such as myself are complete morons. Don't appreciate it. Really.

EDIT: But as swamp said, let's leave it be, okay?

Forgive and forget.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
http://askhelixfossil.com/#t7xfdj :troll:
(I had to I'm so sorry.)

Okay...

Let's all calm down people...

So... Shulk, Chrom and Palutena look like shoe ins now.

Those three are popular characters. What do you think?
That's what this roster we have going needs: more popular characters.
Maybe a little dash of Mewtwo and a sprinkle of K. Rool and a nice BIG serving of Ridley and we've got a nice plate of popular characters to go with our main course.
And then finish it off with a nice unexpected desert, Anna. :awesome:
At this point though it seems like there are going to be to many unexpected flavors for my liking, and perhaps a few of those could be too bitter. Though I suppose I should wait and see what they taste like before judging too harshly.
...not sure why I'm using cooking analogies. Gets the point across though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
well, goku seemingly is against all smash criteria, for one.
I take your valid point and raise you one Geno. :troll:
The way you say "drop to miiverse levels" clearly shows you view them as lower individuals regarding smash speculation. In which case, I deem you hypocrite. :p
anyone with experience in Ridley debates know those go far past "just opinion" most of the time.

I take it as an attack if you call out people who believe that and put it on miiverse standards.

And that is everything you addressed me with.

In short, it wasn't your opinion that upset me, it was the way you put it, like people such as myself are complete morons. Don't appreciate it. Really.

EDIT: But as swamp said, let's leave it be, okay?
I don't view anyone as lower individuals, I know that the majority of Miiverse users are children, they don't know any better, that doesn't make them stupid or worse.

I never called out anyone actually, I just think Marshal is a bad idea, which is an opinion. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but there's no need to attack me over it.

I apologize if I came off that way, I have terrible communication skills so I just tend to come off as blunt, I just speak my mind. I don't think you're a moron, I like you.

It's simply a misunderstanding, let's continue with the character discussion like you and Swamp said. Though that lead to this in the first place.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Okay...

Still don't like Palutena due to what happened with Rosalina multiplied by the KI:U fanbase. If she's a good enough newcomer then i may come to like the character despite the fans.

Shulk is probably the best of the three, smash needs moar british, moar bonados, and moar unique sword users.

Unless he ends up a semi clone, i'm looking forward to Chrom as well. One of my favorite lords in one of my favorite games is a match made in heaven.

Edit: Extended character thoughts

Mii: I liked playing as mii in mario kart, where they're barely different from other players, i'm not sure what to expect here.

Pac-man: if he replaces snake i hate him. If not he's cool

Chorus Men/Marshal: so much rhythm heaven potential=good newcomer

Also, it's amazing how people can still not think the Sal leak is true even after it lasting this long, while literally no other leak has shared its lifespan.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mmmm...

Not to keen on taking stuff away from Lip. Still, if Lip really is never going to be in a Smash game, (as unproven as I still think it is), it might as well live on in someone else..
Unfortunately, I'm not expecting Lip anymore.

But i would at least have ideas for her be used in some sort of fashion instead of not at all.

Besides, it's still fitting for a Rhythm Heaven character to have a playstyle based around rhythm.

Morbi

Scavenger
Still don't like Palutena due to what happened with Rosalina multiplied by the KI:U fanbase. If she's a good enough newcomer then i may come to like the character despite the fans.

Shulk is probably the best of the three, smash needs moar british, moar bonados, and moar unique sword users.

Unless he ends up a semi clone, i'm looking forward to Chrom as well. One of my favorite lords in one of my favorite games is a match made in heaven.

Edit: Extended character thoughts

Mii: I liked playing as mii in mario kart, where they're barely different from other players, i'm not sure what to expect here.

Pac-man: if he replaces snake i hate him. If not he's cool

Chorus Men/Marshal: so much rhythm heaven potential=good newcomer

Also, it's amazing how people can still not think the Sal leak is true even after it lasting this long, while literally no other leak has shared its lifespan.
You shouldn't let a fan-base dictate how you feel about a character, is it truly that difficult to discern the character from the fans?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Bingo.

That right there is half the reason I expect someone from rhythm heaven.
Hm...
I just thought about this but HarmoKnight (By GameFreak?)
May also be a good choice for that type of moveset.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hm...
I just thought about this but Rhythm Knight (By GameFreak?)
Just my opinion.
There's also the other half being that Rhythm heaven is pretty popular in Japan.

Way more than harmoknight

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hm...
I just thought about this but Rhythm Knight (By GameFreak?)
Just my opinion.
Tempo, from HarmoKnight?

Yeah it could work for him as well but his "series" is a hell of a lot smaller and less popular.

Morbi

Scavenger
Depends on the fans.
Honestly, it depends on the individual making the judgment. If one fallaciously reflects their feelings of a fan-base on a fictional character, I hardly deem the problem to be the fan-base. That may just be me though, I never view a character more negatively just because the fans "bother" me.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tempo, from HarmoKnight?

Yeah it could work for him as well but his "series" is a hell of a lot smaller and less popular.
Yeah that's the one.
But the reason I pointed that out is because it's GameFreak who is by far the biggest Nintendo second party.
But honestly who knows at this point.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yeah that's the one.
But the reason I pointed that out is because it's GameFreak who is by far the biggest Nintendo second party.
And Nintendo is by far Nintendo's biggest first-party.

But yeah really, nobody knows character-wise.

Last edited:

DoubleN

Smash Rookie
Biased opinion alert, but I really think Sceptile would have been a better addition over Greninja. I understand the desire to promote the new Pokemon games, but Sceptile would've been SO FREAKING COOL! Super fast and Leaf Blade for some smash attacks! Ahhh one can dream...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Biased opinion alert, but I really think Sceptile would have been a better addition over Greninja. I understand the desire to promote the new Pokemon games, but Sceptile would've been SO FREAKING COOL! Super fast and Leaf Blade for some smash attacks! Ahhh one can dream...
Grovyle>Sceptile

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There is still that chance Because Sakurai is being completely unpredictable about characters.
I mean Wii Fit Trainer? Greninja?
Those were surprise factor characters right there my friend.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Almost certain sakurai has the unpredictable out of the way now.

(Unless you count Rhythm heaven as unpredictable)

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Almost certain sakurai has the unpredictable out of the way now.

(Unless you count Rhythm heaven as unpredictable)
I would it's not that well known after all.
But a Rhythm Heaven character would probably be secret unlockable post-release.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We need to figure out a way to predict Sakurai.
Predict the unpredictable that will make your predictions unpredictable which will make the predictable stuff unpredictable and the unpredictable stuff predictable.
Wait...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah that's the one.
...this, this doesn't really matter. Sakurai goes for "bigger" series, not bigger developers. GF really only has a sole notable IP and there are several other second-party IPs bigger than anything GF has done other than Pokemon. Not that being first or second party changes things...

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
You shouldn't let a fan-base dictate how you feel about a character, is it truly that difficult to discern the character from the fans?
It all has to do with the saturation of the character. I was quickly over saturated with Rosalina on these boards.
Imo, the "goddess female" characters are only good in small amounts, and the omnipresence of said characters on these boards really ruins it for me. I haven't played smash yet so i don't know if it will apply there, but for the time being they've grown stale.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
...this, this doesn't really matter. Sakurai goes for "bigger" series, not bigger developers. GF really only has a sole notable IP and there are several other second-party IPs bigger than anything GF has done other than Pokemon. Not that being first or second party changes things...
I wasn't predicting him I just thought it'd be cool.
And the only reason I threw GameFreak out there was because I like GameFreak.
Am I being a hypocrite?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wasn't predicting him I just thought it'd be cool.
And the only reason I threw GameFreak out there was because I like GameFreak.
Am I being a hypocrite?
A hypocrite? Uh, for what? Wanting a character? Liking a company? I don't think that makes you a hypocrite. :laugh:

It just sounded like you were raising GF as if that helped Tempo's chances.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A hypocrite? Uh, for what? Wanting a character? Liking a company? I don't think that makes you a hypocrite. :laugh:

It just sounded like you were raising GF as if that helped Tempo's chances.
Maybe I worded my first post wrong.
But I do think it'd be cool for a rhythm based fighter and Tempo was the first person to come to mind.
That's all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
But guys, we already have a rhythm based fighter, just use DK's final smash. :troll:

I'm not really sure how a rhythm based fighter would work actually, how does that translate into fighting? Unless it means purely cosmetically like attacking with sounds waves/music notes, etc.

D

Deleted member

Okay...

Chrom: Well, I guess thats cool! Wouldn't mind seeing him.

Shulk: Don't care.

Palutena: Also don't care about. Probably the only person on the planet that doesn't understand her hype.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Really? You weren't excited about Mega Man or Little Mac's reveal?
Little Mac had a great trailer but I never really cared for him. I was never a fan of the classic Mega Man series so I can't say I was too excited for him, but once again, I love his reveal trailer. Both characters are wonderful choices and I find them deserving, but I personally preferred the other characters. Villager is my favorite so far. I enjoy Animal Crossing and he seems like the most fun to play as.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice

Who else would fit into a roster of about 50?
Seems like there are about 3 spots left.

My guesses are King K. Rool, Takamaru, and Isaac.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo, Lucas and Mach Rider, though the latter two should have been added on the roster by default.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
I do not intend to download Roster Maker so I will make my Roster by text. THIS IS WHAT I PREDICT.
SUPER MARIO: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina & Luma, Bowser
YOSHI: Yoshi
WARIOWARE: Wario
DONKEY KONG: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool
LEGEND OF ZELDA: Link,
Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Gannondorf

NAZO NO MURASAME JO: Takamuru
METROID: Samus, ZSS, Ridley
KID ICARUS: Pit, Palutena
KIRBY: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
STAR FOX: Fox, Falco, Wolf
POKEMON: Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo
FIRE EMBLEM: Marth, Ike, Chrom
MOTHER:
Ness, Lucas
OTHERS: Little Mac, R.O.B, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Marshal, Captain Falcon, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Game & Watch
3RD PARTY: Sonic, Megaman, Snake, Pac-Man

TOTAL: 52

Ask me any questions on what I feel about the roster.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I could hardly predict Sakurai....

However if I was making the decision I'd go for Isaac, Mewtwo and K. Rool. (two I want + one a lot of other people want) Those three make sense to me and I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai went for them but it's Sakurai so what can you really know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom