• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh my God, I don't know if I can survive the whole weekend.

What worries me though is Sakurai's comment of them reaching the bottom of the newcomer video stash...

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
How do we know its 3 minutes? By the way, I take this "bottom of the video" as more trolling by Sakurai. There are always secret newcomers after all...

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
How do we know its 3 minutes? By the way, I take this "bottom of the video" as more trolling by Sakurai. There are always secret newcomers after all...
Possibly newcomers without videos (fir example, if Chrom is revealed, Shulk and Chorus don't and won't have one since they would be unlockables)... or only 3 videos and thus newcomers left ; Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Kids.
47 characters is good tho. On screen we had 12 in 64, 25 in melee and 35 in brawl. 47 on screen is perfect.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its a 3 minute video

I think ridley could be the one if a trailer is that long

Oh by the way when sakurai said low on newcomers i's sure 5 is barrel scraping.

Or maybe are alligator king k rool because of the barrel on the reference

(You see i am reminding myself it could be one of the 3 sals left but not jumping to conclusions i mean we can't predict the man.)

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'm pretty sure he said all newcomers are getting videos though...
Please don't kill my hype I want to have hope for more characters :(
Anyway, back to my blissful ignorance.
Secret newcomers won't get videos, or there aren't that many so he still doesn't have many videos to get through (like, 4 or 5 compared to the 8 we have so far)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It could be anyone though- Rosalina's trailer is almost 3 minutes. I'm really hoping on Shulk, but i have a feeling it's the Chorus Men because their trailer would probably include the Glee Club game to start and show the whole rhythm theme.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm probably going to guess it would either be Chrom, Shulk or the Chorus Kids via Sal's tipper claims.

Although I would be surprised if they unveiled a new character which was not on the Sal Romano's tipper's claims.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm probably going to guess it would either be Chrom, Shulk or the Chorus Kids via Sal's tipper claims.

Although I would be surprised if they unveiled a new character which was not on the Sal Romano's tipper's claims.
This is what I am thinking. I do feel that Chrom and the Chorus Men are more likely than Shulk, but still, who knows?

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings

If it's a Gematsu Leak character, then I can all-but-assure you the total roster is 47 + Random.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai may have stated that he's getting to the bottom of the barrel with newcomer reveals, though it makes you wonder how far to the bottom he's at. Perhaps there are 3 newcomers left?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Sakurai may have stated that he's getting to the bottom of the barrel with newcomer reveals, though it makes you wonder how far to the bottom he's at. Perhaps there are 3 newcomers left?
Hissssssssssssss
nope nope nope, I want more than that. I like Shulk and all but I want the Riddles too.
Though it could be that we get 3 newcomers and the Gematsu leak was all extremely lucky guesses until now. Who knows?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Hissssssssssssss
nope nope nope, I want more than that. I like Shulk and all but I want the Riddles too.
Though it could be that we get 3 newcomers and the Gematsu leak was all extremely lucky guesses until now. Who knows?
Gematsu can be wrong after i get my Shulk, not before....I do believe it's true though.

Last edited:

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Well I think Monday will tell us if the leak is real or not (I believe it is pretty certain now but I want to be wrong)

But I wanna know what veterans could be revealed with certain newcomer videos. Like I heard someone say that wario would make sense to reveal with chorus kids. So on and so forth. Share your ideas!

Broodlaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Broodlaw
Switch FC
SW-0613-0942-5903
I feel that if you are having a 3 minute trailer for a newcomer its definitely not going to be Chorus Kids just because how would you even do enough exposition for them; Chrom is a possibility though I think the only character that would get that much time for a reveal if we're going off the Gematsu leak is Shulk. Though I'm sure hoping for something that isn't those three since I want the leak to be wrong, however if it is true then its probably Shulk getting revealed on Monday with some other characters possibly getting revealed at the 3DS tournament at SDCC.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
It's three minutes long because it's going to reveal Paper Mario and ALL of his partners :troll:

Seriously though, I wonder why it's going to be a 3 minute long video, I'm guessing we'll be seeing more than just a character.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Shulk + R.O.B. Precogs playing chess, or something. I dunno. R.O.B. keeps spinning his rook. Neither have actually made a move yet, just precogging it out.

Chrom joins the Ice Climbers on a mountain climb and does the worst of the three.

Chorus Kids sing over C. Falcon's radio and cause him to find the concert.

There.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
It's three minutes long because it's going to reveal Paper Mario and ALL of his partners :troll:

Seriously though, I wonder why it's going to be a 3 minute long video, I'm guessing we'll be seeing more than just a character.
Palutena and Rosalina were about 3 minutes probably like there trailers.

Staarih

Smash Master

Oh I wish! But Palutena's trailer was 3 minutes long, so the length doesn't really tell us much.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe now, we'll see the remaining newcomers before Smash 3DS is released in Japan. We get a newcomer this month, followed by August, and then the final newcomer is revealed in September (before the release of course).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Maybe now, we'll see the remaining newcomers before Smash 3DS is released in Japan. We get a newcomer this month, followed by August, and then the final newcomer is revealed in September (before the release of course).
That's what I'm thinking.

And like it or not, it fits perfectly with the remaining Gematsu newcomers.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm holding out hope for Ridley, King K. Rool, and Takamaru to be secret newcomers if the Gematsu leak is true. All of them have been somewhat hinted and I'd be surprised to not see any of them.

Mewtwo's probably in too, of course. "Thinking about it" and all.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Chorus Kids and Wario dual reveal is a MUST

Missed opportunity otherwise.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Sakurai said that we're reaching the bottom of their video stack in his Miiverse post, which means we're running out of newcomers. Definitely not good news for any non-Gematsu character at all.
Perhaps not, but that statement isn't exactly specific. Maybe he's saying there's only three left, maybe he's saying there's only five left. The one thing we can conclude from this statement is that there are less newcomers left to reveal than there are ones that are already revealed. We still cannot definitively pinpoint the number of remaining newcomers.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The secret characters will probably be limited to the veterans then. The only question would be which veterans will be coming back.
Or some of the newcomers shown will be secrets. Having Marth, Ike, AND Chrom on the starting roster would be a bit much. Likewise, Mario, Peach, Bowser, AND Rosalina seems too much.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I find it hilarious people are trying to reason that unlockable characters wouldn't get videos. This is Mario Kart 8 all over again and this miiverse post without a doubt confirms the leak from sal. In my opinion, those hoping the leak gets proven wrong during that reveal are just asking for their hearts to be crushed.

I hope you folks have fun with the game. I'm going to pass on it for the time being. I also can't wait for the negative reception people in Japan are going to have towards the reveal; just like what happened with Palutena. That's going to very entertaining to say the least

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Japan was negative towards Palutena...?

I thought they loved her the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom