• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm one of those people who thinks Zelda has enough playable fighters.

If we had to have another though I suppose I wouldn't mind Toon Zelda, or Tetra

Or.. Because I like her more then most fans do Ashei

D

Deleted member

In terms of another zelda character. I'm pretty content with what we have, but if I had to pick another, it would be either Midna or Vaati. Even though Midna is already decomfirmed, I think she could do some cool stuff with wolves and stuff. As for Vaati, I think he could work because he is another villain, has been in multiple games, and could fit with Toon Links style withought having another toon link situation, with there being multiple of the same character. But to be honest, I'm happy with Hyrule Warriors filling my Zelda character hunger.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I would've like Toon Zelda/Tetra as the alternative of Zelda/Sheik in the days of brawl.

Right now, I would just take Tetra.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We aren't getting 3 iterations of Zelda.

We already have Zelda and Sheik. It'd be overkill to add Toon Zelda or Tetra IMO.

D

Deleted member

No.
We need Toon Zelda and Tetra.
And we also need Hylia.
And Hilda.
And CD-i Zelda.
And Other CD-i Zelda.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I believe it's safe to assume you guys would know how much I'd hate Toon Zelda being confirmed.
You'll learn to love it! Toon Zelda is the character you never thought you wanted! She can use magic for her forward smash, magic for her up smash, and magic for her down smash! SO UNIQUE!

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
No, I think "popular" best fits Robin. "Overrated" is too subjective.
Nah, he's not overrated, he just had a huge boost in popularity over here for some reason. Now who's overrated is Tharja, maybe not over here, but there still are a good amount of people who actually think she's a possibility.
I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree with you both due to the fact that Robin's popularity shot up out of nowhere and suddenly, everyone wants him in. Everyone....except me and several others. I find Robin to be Brawl's version of Krystal in term of overrateness with them not even becoming playable. Has a lot of potential, but also has competition with Chrom, Lucina, Roy, Lyn (AT), Hector, and many more. I do agree that Tharja would most likely just be a trophy to please fans

D

Deleted member

You'll learn to love it! Toon Zelda is the character you never thought you wanted!
And of course, the first thing that pops into my head is Pumbaa saying "you'll learn to love them" to Simba while eating a bunch of bugs.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree with you both due to the fact that Robin's popularity shot up out of nowhere and suddenly, everyone wants him in. Everyone....except me and several others. I find Robin to be Brawl's version of Krystal in term of overrateness with them not even becoming playable. Has a lot of potential, but also has competition with Chrom, Lucina, Roy, Lyn (AT), Hector, and many more. I do agree that Tharja would most likely just be a trophy to please fans
Lyn, Hector, and Roy have no shot, I'm sorry. They were reasonably popular when FE7/FE6 came out however many ages ago, and theyre popularity wanes with each iteration. Robin is a playable character, the only playable avatar in FE history, and has a unique movepool. I don;t think he'll get in because chrom is chrom though, but I rank him second out of any other FE rep.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Lyn, Hector, and Roy have no shot, I'm sorry. They were reasonably popular when FE7/FE6 came out however many ages ago, and theyre popularity wanes with each iteration. Robin is a playable character, the only playable avatar in FE history, and has a unique movepool. I don;t think he'll get in because chrom is chrom though, but I rank him second out of any other FE rep.
Excuse me.. New Mystery of the Emblem was before Awakening and had an avatar named Chris/Kris

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Fair enough. The only playable avatar in america, and the only since...what is that one Fe4? 3? My japanese only memory is shaky
Sorry I edited. "New" mystery is the 12th game. The one right before Awakening. A remake of Mystery of the Emblem, which is the 3rd game

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
There was a playable avatar in that one? Go figure, beat the whole game, you think I'd remember something like that.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Roy have no shot, I'm sorry. They were reasonably popular when FE7/FE6 came out however many ages ago, and theyre popularity wanes with each iteration.
Completely disagree with this. And Roy's the 2nd most wanted character in Japan, and among the top 5 in the west. It sure seems like his popularity is dying. :rolleyes:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
There was a playable avatar in that one? Go figure, beat the whole game, you think I'd remember something like that.
Well it was Japanese only, it came after Shadow Dragon. The remake of FE1, Shadow Dragon didn't do so hot in the states so New Mystery didn't come out of Japan sadly as good as it was

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Where's that stat from? I have to hear it, thanks for being an ass though, appreciate it!\

EDIT: Oh I was thinking of Shadow dragon, that explains it

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
The time table for Gematsu Plus is a week from Friday, not this Friday. However, if we are to have two character reveals in July, this week would indeed be preferable.

Still, while the math does add up a bit (it adds up perfectly on both versions if there are only three cuts in Brawl's roster, and the Mii Fighters share a slot with the Random icon with customizations turned on), I must call Isaac and Dixie Kong's inclusion to be rather questionable for various reasons. But, we'll see soon enough, won't we?

Btw, given that the guy leaked that the gematsu leak itself is tied directly to the leaked Brawl roster here on the smashboards, I would like some clarification on the matter since we can find out right away if the leak is fake or not.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm feeling Gematsu (and Rosalina) + Brawl - Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucas + Mewtwo.
48 slots on the CSS, 50 characters total.

Although I certainly wouldn't complain about getting Ridley, Isaac, and Dixie.
The lack of K. Rool is disappointing though.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The new leak would make me so happy, but I'm not sure if I believe it or not. I'll wait and see if Wario is revealed (even then I still won't be sure, but if he's not revealed then it's fake). I just think seeing Dixie and Ridley would be so amazing (I'm not a Ridley supporter but I'd be happy to see him for the many people who support him)

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
What's this new Gematsu Plus? Are there more "leaked" characters?
I'm so sick of the original one, geez. Next, we'll see Ultra Gematsu Arcade Edition Gold. Now including Mario and Link as playable characters. And Final Destination is a stage.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The new leak says that Dixie, Ridley, and Isaac will be in along with Chorus Trio, Chrom, and Shulk. It was not from Sal Romano though, I don't think? It's from someone else from gematsu? Not completely sure.
Edit: forgot Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Found it:
"The final newcomers yet to be announced are Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Trio, and Isaac. Mewtwo is returning."
EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I find it suspicious that Sal hasn't commented on this new 'leak' himself. I'll take it with a grain of salt as always. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom