• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
You mean characters like Roy or characters like Amaterasu?
well I dont know a lot about those characters. I like to keep my hopes down to not get really upset. I never played melee or fe and only heard amaterasu like once, I think I know who he is ill check and edit

well I dont know a lot about those characters. I like to keep my hopes down to not get really upset. I never played melee or fe or amaterasu's game (forgot the name), I think I know who he is ill check and edit
EDIT: I know who he is but isn't he capcom? 3rd parties probably wont get a 2nd rep
now that I think about I like the dog smash needs moar dogz

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You haven't seen me praise Okami? Well anyways, she Is an awesome character from an awesome game who has the poor misfortune of being buried under more popular characters. So basically Geno if he was a wolf...and a sun goddess. (I can see the Fan Fiction now)

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
You haven't seen me praise Okami? Well anyways, she Is an awesome character from an awesome game who has the poor misfortune of being buried under more popular characters. So basically Geno if he was a wolf...and a sun goddess. (I can see the Fan Fiction now)
Oh Okami, yup the name rings a bell. I actually heard a decent amount about it (I didn't see you praise it but knew you liked it from your avatar) for proof I know the fish orb yami and mr. and mrs. cutter and the navi-ish guy whos less annoying yup I know it. people will probably make geno amaterasu as humans in repulsive form

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Okami is a very nice looking and sounding game. Shame Capcom killed it along with more or less every other IP they have.

Maybe it's because I've never played a Fire Emblem game, but I fail to see what's so special about Roy.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Okami is a very nice looking and sounding game. Shame Capcom killed it along with more or less every other IP they have.

Maybe it's because I've never played a Fire Emblem game, but I fail to see what's so special about Roy.
Here's a summed up version of Roy:

Roy's the son of Eliwood (The protagonist of Fire Emblem 7 - The first FE released outside of Japan), and he takes the call to arms to fight off the invading forces from Bern, lead by Zephiel. Roy's young age is surprising, given that he's fifteen when he takes command of the Lycian army, and towards the end of FE6, Roy acquires the Sword of Seals, which gives him The Ph1r3!!! and the ability to heal injuries and seal beings away. He's more popular in Japan than in America, mainly because of the low stats he has and how long it takes for him to get promoted, unlike characters like Ike or Chrom.

And if you're looking for an entry game in to Fire Emblem, your best options would probably be either 7 or 13.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
We've had some nice discussions as to why Roy's popular in the past, especially taking into account that the rest of the Melee cuts, except for Mewtwo, weren't as popularly requested.

I'm not one to really care why a person particularly likes and wants a character. There could be tons of different reasons why. Anyway, strictly Smash speaking, I think what we come up with is that there's sentimental value with Roy, and something that makes him stick out among the Melee fighters (especially compare to Y. Link, Pichu, and Doc, or something that makes people more attached to him). This is mostly talking about the West, since Roy's game is Japan-only (it makes sense if he's more popular in Japan). Although FE fighters tend to be popular in general, and it helps that FE keeps on growing. Maybe people like cool sword characters from SRPGs (especially ones with fire), who knows.

Also, try out Okami if you haven't. Stunning game. Ammy's one of my pipe dream characters I'd love to see. *sigh*

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Remember when you posted this. 8 people believed you that this is fake but Etika confirmed it to be real :laugh:
even i did give them a proof before but i knew they wouldnt believe me because they dont like me and they were too lazy to research as i said before

Yeah, but you don't see as many people clamoring for Pichu or Young Link's return. Hell, prior to Dr. Mario's reveal for SSB4, he didn't have a lot of support either.
Oye! I'd love Pichu to return, he's my one of my most wanted characters.

And the thing with Roy over the other clones is that he has a sword that creates giant explosions. That's something that tends to stick in peoples minds.

That and the fact that he was part of the reason that Fire Emblem got an international release.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember when you posted this. 8 people believed you that this is fake but Etika confirmed it to be real :laugh:
even i did give them a proof before but i knew they wouldnt believe me because they dont like me and they were too lazy to research as i said before

https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai

This is Sakurai's twitter account.

Not this fake one you brought up.

It has always been this name.

2. Etika isn't always right. He's often wrong.

3. You're not providing a source for that claim about Etika.

4. What's the in bringing this up this late?

Geno Boost

Smash Master

https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai

This is Sakurai's twitter account.

Not this fake one you brought up.

It has always been this name.

2. Etika isn't always right. He's often wrong.

3. You're not providing a source for that claim about Etika.

4. What's the in bringing this up this late?
not twitter account. its his instagram account that i was showing

Geno Boost

Smash Master
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei OMG I did just told everyone on Instagram on the fake sakurai account in the comment "guys this account is fake. Sakurai said it in twitter by himself" then after a 5 minutes I did check out his account again but I saw the fake sakurai account delete all of his posts :crazy:

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, I haven't been here for quite a while. I can only hope discussion regarding our true all-star Shaq is going down. He'd make for awesome character DLC. :yeahboi:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ughhh so hard to tell who everyone is now.

Sorry, I was messing around with the columns before I left so the data you guys saw was slightly misleading.

Here's the published chart (so you can sort it by language, etc):

Want:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...S0/pubchart?oid=1404193269&format=interactive

Picture Format:

Potential chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...S0/pubchart?oid=2075568975&format=interactive

And finally: Wants divided by Potential:

Bayonetta and Roy are more likely than Waddle Dee?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bayonetta and Roy are more likely than Waddle Dee?

Yeah I agree. I don't think Shaq would put Bayo over Bandanna Dee either. Bandanna Dee can dunk, I don't think Bayo can, even if she can free-throw like a champ.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Here's a summed up version of Roy:

Roy's the son of Eliwood (The protagonist of Fire Emblem 7 - The first FE released outside of Japan), and he takes the call to arms to fight off the invading forces from Bern, lead by Zephiel. Roy's young age is surprising, given that he's fifteen when he takes command of the Lycian army, and towards the end of FE6, Roy acquires the Sword of Seals, which gives him The Ph1r3!!! and the ability to heal injuries and seal beings away. He's more popular in Japan than in America, mainly because of the low stats he has and how long it takes for him to get promoted, unlike characters like Ike or Chrom.

And if you're looking for an entry game in to Fire Emblem, your best options would probably be either 7 or 13.
I'm not really looking to get into Fire Emblem. Strategy games aren't my thing.

Man, why did I get a smiling Shaq as my avatar instead of an unimpressed one? Totally messes up my vibes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Looks like a nice day to make or break DLC hopes and dreams.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy is like the 5th most requested character for DLC in Japan not to mention he's still popular in the West. I don't see any reason for him to not be DLC personally.

Hyped for today's Direct though. Would be nice if they had a trailer for Mewtwo sorta like PM did.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
What the hell? Shaq took over again? I thought our defense barriers were strong enough to hold him back.

Eh, Vaati for Smash 4 DLC shown at today's direct. You heard it here first.

Troykv

Smash Master
Roy is like the 5th most requested character for DLC in Japan not to mention he's still popular in the West. I don't see any reason for him to not be DLC personally.

Hyped for today's Direct though. Would be nice if they had a trailer for Mewtwo sorta like PM did.
Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and Roy were planned at some point to Brawl ... I see his chances ... Later we will know well in the end it was with the DLC.

Hyped here too, and yes, I too would love to see a trailer.

Edit: WTF? XDDD SHAQ FU EVERYWHERE

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and Roy were planned at some point to Brawl ... I see your chances ... Later we will know well in the end it was with the DLC.

Hyped here to, and yes, I too would love to see a trailer.

Edit: WTF? XDDD SHAQ FU EVERYWHERE
Yeah, and out of the 3, Mewtwo was the only one to have a trophy in the game which was weird. I'm not sure why Doc and Roy didn't have trophies in Brawl considering they were planned (both ended up only being stickers).

Unrelated but what's going to happen to the current trophy of Mewtwo when the game releases? Are they going to use that trophy for his standard Classic trophy? What would happen if one already owned the Mewtwo trophy in the game.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, and out of the 3, Mewtwo was the only one to have a trophy in the game which was weird. I'm not sure why Doc and Roy didn't have trophies in Brawl considering they were planned (both ended up only being stickers).
Because neither had models to use for trophies other than the horribly clashing Melee models.
Brawl's trophies use models from other games.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Because neither had models to use for trophies other than the horribly clashing Melee models.
Brawl's trophies use models from other games.
I heard something about them having Mewtwo's model for the game but due to time restraints they took him out. Sucks because I wanted to see Roy and Mewtwo in the Subspace Emissary Adventure mode. Doc, YLink, and Pichu in the game would have also been great.

D

Deleted member

I heard something about them having Mewtwo's model for the game but due to time restraints they took him out. Sucks because I wanted to see Roy and Mewtwo in the Subspace Emissary Adventure mode. Doc, YLink, and Pichu in the game would have also been great.
Unless there's a source for where you "heard" this, whoever told you was lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom