• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's because square Enix that's why SMRPG haven't got a real squel yet but alphadream are planning to bring back geno and mallow in their next game
Oh wow, that's pretty impressive.

Can I have a source?

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
The most likely characters that would be profitable for DLC due to popularity would be Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Ridley (in my dreams), any other notable Pokemon (doubtful), or any other Mario character they could think of (Toad and Paper Mario are prime candidates).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Actually Square sold the Geno rights to Nintendo.

Unfortunately afterwards Nintendo gave them to Rare, which were acquired by Microsoft, who traded them for magic beans.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Unfortunately afterwards Nintendo gave them to Rare, which were acquired by Microsoft, who traded them for magic beans.
This is how rumours get started. :V

Totally thought this was legit 'til I read the second sentence.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Don't mind me, just gonna pull the lever and shunt this thread onto a different track...~

Anybody expecting anything else with the Mewtwo DLC? New music, an extra stage, possibly even a character or two?

I'm excited for Miiverse and tourney mode. They're pretty nice bonuses as it stands.
I expect nothing else right now, I think we will have mewtwo by the end of April, and we will probably hear some sort of "final" decision on future dlc by the end of summer this year. But if it's for sure a go, probably will be announced around E3.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide IGN interviewed a couple of Alphadream execs who helped make Mario & Luigi: Dream Team who elaborated on the proper way to go about giving Geno and Mallow minor roles in future RPG games.
There is a significant difference between "we'd want to bring back these characters," and "we have the rights to these characters and are going to bring them back in the next game."

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide IGN interviewed a couple of Alphadream execs who helped make Mario & Luigi: Dream Team who elaborated on the proper way to go about giving Geno and Mallow minor roles in future RPG games.
Ignoring the fact that you claimed they were "planning" to bring Geno and Mallow back, which is false, wants=/=plans, and the fact that they DONT own the rights to those characters, changing absolutely nothing from previous arguments, you're seriously claiming that a MINOR role in a future MARIO RPG GAME would help Geno's chances?

No it's really likley to happen
:joyful:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The most likely characters that would be profitable for DLC due to popularity would be Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Ridley (in my dreams), any other notable Pokemon (doubtful), or any other Mario character they could think of (Toad and Paper Mario are prime candidates).
If not SSB4 DLC, then hopefully SSB5.

The only notable Pokemon worth adding is Meowth... but Sakurai, Nintendo, and Pokemon Company will just skip over Meowth and add a new unknown Pokemon.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If you guys are going to continuously mock him, then the debate is still going to continue.
Geno Boost as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm for Geno, he's not owned by Nintendo completely.
Try to understand that.

Ignoring the fact that you claimed they were "planning" to bring Geno and Mallow back, which is false, wants=/=plans, and the fact that they DONT own the rights to those characters, changing absolutely nothing from previous arguments, you're seriously claiming that a MINOR role in a future MARIO RPG GAME would help Geno's chances?

Oh hey you went premium

It's not worth the trouble anymore. Just let him stay ignorant. We dont waste time arguing and he stays excited for something that wont happen.

The only notable Pokemon worth adding is Meowth...
well that just isnt true.

[quote="Arcadenik, post: 18831746, member: 152216" but Sakurai, Nintendo, and Pokemon Company will just skip over Meowth and add a new unknown Pokemon.[/quote]

this probably is though:chuckle:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

There is a significant difference between "we'd want to bring back these characters," and "we have the rights to these characters and are going to bring them back in the next game."
I accept Geno is not owned by Nintendo or alphadream after people here discussed about it and made it very clear for me
Also I didn't talk about Geno chances in ssb4 here
But it's still likley to see him back in the next game they don't seems to have any problems on using him. Yeah I know the mistake about saying "they are planning" instead of saying "they have too much interest" but I was typing so fast without reading my comment

Oh hey you went premium

It's not worth the trouble anymore. Just let him stay ignorant. We dont waste time arguing and he stays excited for something that wont happen.
There is always a chance for this to happen and I am not ignorant you can't be 100% sure that this will not happen because you didn't come from the future

If you guys are going to continuously mock him, then the debate is still going to continue.
Geno Boost as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm for Geno, he's not owned by Nintendo completely.
Try to understand that.
Yeah I know since yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is how rumours get started. :V

Totally thought this was legit 'til I read the second sentence.
A source told me that Retro wanted to use Geno as the final boss of Tropical Freeze, but couldn't because he's owned by Rare.

D

Deleted member

*Sniff*
Strange.....smells like chili beans.....
*takes bite*
It is chili beans! STALE chili beans! Covered in gold paint!

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
According to that interview with Sakurai where he says Mewtwo is almost done, he mentions that he was really thinking about having Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club as a character in Melee, but didn't include her due to lack of notoriety outside of Japan.

What do people think? Knowing that she had an honest chance at one point, would people rally behind her? Does she have any hopes of being DLC?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
According to that interview with Sakurai where he says Mewtwo is almost done, he mentions that he was really thinking about having Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club as a character in Melee, but didn't include her due to lack of notoriety outside of Japan.

What do people think? Knowing that she had an honest chance at one point, would people rally behind her? Does she have any hopes of being DLC?
Unless Famicom Detective Club gets an overseas release, I doubt it.

Not to mention that Prof. Layton is much more famous Nintendo exclusive detective.

:231:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

How do you know this?

Ivander

Smash Legend

Not to mention that Prof. Layton is much more famous Nintendo exclusive detective.

I always thought Nintendo should get Level-5 to do remakes of the Famicom Detective Club games and Shin Onigashima.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
How do you know this?
He casually mentions it in this interview, after the guy next to him, voice actor Sugita Tomokazu (Chrom in Fire Emblem Awakening, Kyon in Suzumiya Haruhi) asks him to put Famicom Detective Club in Smash Bros.

Sakurai says, "I actually thought about it for Melee," and mentions the Melee trophy as evidence of this.

Even if you don't understand Japanese, I think you can possibly make out "Ayumi" and "Famicom Tantei Club" in their conversation.

(Sorry about the formatting issues, it's been fixed)

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

I always thought Layton would a great character. Maybe next time...

In other words, Geno Boost..... seriously man, get a hold of yourself. I like geno just as much as the other guys from his thread but spouting nonsense isn't helping our soiled, straw-grabbing reputation at all.

He's owned by Square, he has low chances of making a comeback, he's NOT making it into a Smash game without something big in his profile.

So now that I've beaten that dead horse, here's one we haven't beaten in a while. Saki Amamiya or any sort of Sin and Punishment rep? At the very least, if not here, 5mash?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I always thought Layton would a great character. Maybe next time...

In other words, Geno Boost..... seriously man, get a hold of yourself. I like geno just as much as the other guys from his thread but spouting nonsense isn't helping our soiled, straw-grabbing reputation at all.

He's owned by Square, he has low chances of making a comeback, he's NOT making it into a Smash game without something big in his profile.

So now that I've beaten that dead horse, here's one we haven't beaten in a while. Saki Amamiya or any sort of Sin and Punishment rep? At the very least, if not here, 5mash?
He have a big chances to make a comback than before after what alphadream said about him they are really interested on using him again

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I never got the want for a "Mario RPG rep." Ignoring that reps are a load of BS in the first place...

Mario himself already "reps" every game he stars in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A SMRPG character have always better chance than the other Mario RPGs characters because SMRPG was more important in Nintendo history than the other Mario RPGs
Which is exactly why SMRPG has more content in Smash than the M&L and Paper Mario series, right? :rolleyes:

Oh wait, the M&L and Paper Mario series have 4 games each, are more popular and actually have content in Smash like music and, in Paper Mario's case, trophies and a stage.

Not that I believe that any of those series will get a character in Smash in the first place, let alone the original Super Mario RPG.

I never got the want for a "Mario RPG rep." Ignoring that reps are a load of BS in the first place...

Mario himself already "reps" every game he stars in.
True that.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm hoping the release of Takamaru's game outside of Japan through the virtual console and Takamaru's assist trophy gives him enough exposure to warrant a spot in the next installment. They could just give us a new Murasame Castle to basically guarantee him a spot on the roster, just to be safe :estatic:. If for some reason it's not enough and they still want to add a new classic character then I guess we'll get Mach Rider. He's probably the most recognizable classic character never in Smash Bros and not dismissed by Sakurai (Excite Biker and Balloon Fighter).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A SMRPG character have always better chance than the other Mario RPGs characters because SMRPG was more important in Nintendo history than the other Mario RPGs
Even if Nintondy owns Geno's rights, they didn't use them to make multiple games, including one on the 3DS that was heavily marketed, so either way, a lack of rights is what's killing Geno's chances.

And last but not least, there's a loooong way of Mario characters that come before Geno/Fawful.

D

Deleted member

Not a chance.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
With logic like this: SMRPG is more important in Nintendo history than other Mario RPGs therefore Geno should be in Smash!

I am oddly reminded of this: Donkey Kong is more important in Nintendo history than other Mario games therefore Jumpman should be in Smash!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
With logic like this: SMRPG is more important in Nintendo history than other Mario RPGs therefore Geno should be in Smash!

I am oddly reminded of this: Donkey Kong is more important in Nintendo history than other Mario games therefore Jumpman should be in Smash!
Hoo boy.

Twice the fire, twice the burn~

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Which is exactly why SMRPG has more content in Smash than the M&L and Paper Mario series, right? :rolleyes:

Oh wait, the M&L and Paper Mario series have 4 games each, are more popular and actually have content in Smash like music and, in Paper Mario's case, trophies and a stage.

Not that I believe that any of those series will get a character in Smash in the first place, let alone the original Super Mario RPG.

True that.
I don't actually understand why SMRPG didn't get any content but at least it got the game name in brawl and also there was unused forest maze music there

Should I say the same thing again the importance of SMRPG

Popular and more games =\= important

You didn't understand yet now i will give the reason why it was important than both of the seires

-Smrpg released toys in japan unlike the other Mario RPGs
-smrpg was ranked 9.5/10 by IGN wich was the most ranked Mario RPG game
-without this game Mario and luigi and Mario paper seires wouldn't exist
-smrpg was one of the most sold game on the wii eshop and mostly in Europe
-it's a game that was made when square and Nintendo teamed up for the first time and they are friends now
-the story of this game was memorable than the other Mario RPGs
-this game made a lot of square and Nintendo fans happy when it first came out
-alphadream are very interested on revisiting SMRPG
-the team in SMRPG has the best playable characters and it was very creative for example: you have a prince and a princess and a villain and a hero and a guardian unlike the other Mario RPG games
EDIT: oh come on why people here wants me to talk about Geno chances in ssb when I was just talking about the owner of Geno and having him in the next alphadream game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom