• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I am one of those people who thought we'd see a DK newcomer. I thought we'd see Dixie though, mainly because I mostly supported King K. Rool and I knew I wouldn't get what I wanted. :glare:

... But nothing is confirmed so we'll see. And be disappointed.
Watch us get k rool as a playable character and gangplank galleon as a stage on both versions, since it looked like there could be one more stage.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
What if the whole leak thing was set up by Sakurai so that our heads will explode when we see K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo as playable?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Honestly this roster is looking pretty great for me. :4bowser:, :4pit:, and :4yoshi: get buffed, solo :4charizard: (losing :ivysaur: sucks :(), :4myfriends: is back, 3 out of 4 of my most desired newcomers (:4robinm:, :4lucina:, &:4shulk:) made it, and I'm excited to try out :4megaman:, :4pacman:, and :4mii:. The ONLY thing I dislike is no Mewtwo and DK newcomer yet and Mewtwo has so much going for him that outside of technical difficulties or Sakurai hating him to a point that even huge Japanese demand doesn't overcome it, I'm pretty confident he's in (I've given up on a DK newcomer though :urg:).

The stage selection on the other hand is really underwhelming.

Last edited:

xyt4n

Smash Cadet
Ugh, no DK newcomer but two new Kid Icarus characters? Sorry, but that's ridiculous...
Funny, because he said, he wants be neutral to the franchises. And I don't get it, why Fire Emblem has got 2 Newcomer, while other very important franchises not even one.

And I don't think, this ist the full roster. Remember, that the All-Star Mode was locked

#DKNewcomerIsNeeded
#LoZNewcomerIsNeeded
#MetroidNewcomerIsNeeded
#VilliansAreNeeded
#MewtwoIsNeeded
#Dr.Mario&DarkPitAreNotNeeded

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
What if the whole leak thing was set up by Sakurai so that our heads will explode when we see K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo as playable?
That's one of the most supported theories, actually.

They don't have to show everything to the ESRB, so maybe Sakurai held some exciting characters back to keep them secret!

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
If all 3 get in I would s*** myself.
Honestly this roster is looking pretty great for me. Bowser, Pit, and Yoshi get buffed, solo Charizard (losing Ivysaur sucks :(), Ike is back, Robin, Lucina, and Shulk made it, and I'm excited to try out Mega Man, Pac Man, and the Miis. The ONLY thing I dislike is no Mewtwo and DK newcomer yet and Mewtwo has so much going for him that outside of technical difficulties or Sakurai hating him to a point that even huge Japanese demand doesn't overcome it, I'm pretty confident he's in (I've given up on a DK newcomer though :urg:).

i got greninja megaman palutena robin and duck hunt dog, that makes the roster near perfect already, and I believe we will get at lest one if the hype 3 along with these to make it the best roster in any smash game.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Funny, because he said, he wants be neutral to the franchises. And I don't get it, why Fire Emblem has got 2 Newcomer, while other very important franchises not even one.

And I don't think, this ist the full roster. Remember, that the All-Star Mode was locked

#DKNewcomerIsNeeded
#LoZNewcomerIsNeeded
#MetroidNewcomerIsNeeded
#VilliansAreNeeded
#MewtwoIsNeeded
#Dr.Mario&DarkPitAreNotNeeded
#WolfIsNeeded:(

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I hope Nintendo has some groundbreaking menus to show us for the Wii U version if this roster is it. They're going to need them.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The only reason I thought of DKC newcomer as a high possibility was because of Dixie, I thought Nintendo would add her into the roster so that they could increase sales for DKC:TF. But it seems like it's too late for Sakurai to advertise the game now, and now I think there won't be any DK newcomer at all in the roster.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
No kidding. DK, Metroid, Pikmin, Sonic, Starfox, Yoshi, Wario, and G&W get nothing new at all. Meanwhile Mario gets six. I know he's the mascot of Nintendo, but come on. Though it's worth noting that Rainbow Road isn't on the leaked stage select, meaning there could be unlockable stages.

Funny, because he said, he wants be neutral to the franchises
Aha. Aha. Ahahaha.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I hope Nintendo has some groundbreaking menus to show us for the Wii U version if this roster is it. They're going to need them.
This cracked me up.

The only reason I thought of DKC newcomer as a high possibility was because of Dixie, I thought Nintendo would add her into the roster so that they could increase sales for DKC:TF. But it seems like it's too late for Sakurai to advertise the game now, and now I think there won't be any DK newcomer at all in the roster.
Well, if Dixie is not in, then I guess K. Rool should take her slot...

No kidding. DK, Metroid, Pikmin, Sonic, Starfox, Wario, and G&W get nothing new at all. Meanwhile Mario gets six. I know he's the mascot of Nintendo, but come on. Though it's worth noting that Rainbow Road isn't on the leaked stage select, meaning there could be unlockable stages.
We still don't know if that's the full stage selection screen. I find it very odd that there's a missing space at the bottom right...

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
No kidding. DK, Metroid, Pikmin, Sonic, Starfox, Yoshi, Wario, and G&W get nothing new at all. Meanwhile Mario gets six. I know he's the mascot of Nintendo, but come on. Though it's worth noting that Rainbow Road isn't on the leaked stage select, meaning there could be unlockable stages.
Rainbow road is there. Top Right stage.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here's what Vaanrose said on the tweet:
People, please.

It was Duck Hunt Dog emulating Porky Pig.

I'm sorry if you interpreted it wrong, but it was always a joke. A picture I drew, FOR FUN, and there was no malicious intent behind it. I've spent the last two months here trying to help clear the confusion around all these various leaks, I wouldn't intentionally spread more of it. I think the leaked roster is all there is, but that's my personal interpretation of the evidence,

I'm actually legitimately surprised people have taken it at face value, but I'm realizing now that a LOT of people think I've said more than I ever had. Things several other leakers have said have all been attributed to me, creating this image some people have where I somehow know everything about this game.

I don't.

I never did.

I heard from a friend of a friend that Duck Hunt, Robin and Bowser Jr were in the game. That was the extent of my "insider" knowledge. I was then able to confirm the MF 4chan leaker was lying, when he came to me, proved his identity and then stumbled over his own lies repeatedly.

If you think I've said anything other than this, I haven't. This is it. I've been here speculating with the rest of you, but I have no information you don't at this point. All the cards are on the table.

https://twitter.com/vaanrose/status/506558422280441856
https://twitter.com/vaanrose/status/506558763877163008
https://twitter.com/vaanrose/status/506559059974057984
https://twitter.com/vaanrose/status/506559367999537153
https://twitter.com/vaanrose/status/506560036475109377

I implore you to spread this tweets around. Post them and repost them and repost them again. I am getting sick and tired of people spreading false information about me.
Guys, please be careful when spreading information around, it's not fair to anyone to have their words twisted around like this. He was just having fun, we shouldn't be taking that fun and making it into false information.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
The dk newcomer should be k rool, the zelda newcomer should be groose, and we should have someone get a shovel and fill in that ugly dark pit, and the roster would be perfect. Oh, and the controversial metroid newcomer, birthday suit Samus. http://ifunny.mobi/i/48shQ6CG2

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The dk newcomer should be k rool, the zelda newcomer should be groose, and we should have someone get a shovel and fill in that ugly dark pit, and the roster would be perfect. Oh, and the controversial metroid newcomer, birthday suit samus.
Fixing that for you:
The DK newcomer should be Dixie, the Zelda newcomer should be Impa, the Metroid newcomer should be Ridley.
:)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If we're going to get a Zelda newcomer, I'd prefer it to be Toon Ganondorf, or boar Ganon. We have (technically) two Zeldas and two Links, so why not go all out? Plus, either of them may actually play like the guy we know from the Zelda series.

K. Rool and Ridley for DK and Metroid respectively. Come to think of it, if I had free reign over who was added, just about every franchise would have a villain newcomer. Smash Bros. is the only game where Bowser can finally defeat Mario, and Dedede can clobbah dat dere Kirbeh, so give some other bad guys a chance to shine. Without villains to fight, there would be no heroes.

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
As stupid as it is to not include a DK newcomer, DK not having anything like new items, new stages (at least on the 3DS), or anything outside of Kremlings and Tikis in Smash is the straw that breaks the camel's back in my opinion. At least Metroid and Zelda had attention paid to them with new Assist Trophies, stages, or items even if they aren't (likely) getting any newcomers. The treatment DK's received has been so poor its mindboggling. Its like Sakurai still thinks its 2008 when it comes to DK.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Fixing that for you:
The DK newcomer should be Dixie, the Zelda newcomer should be Impa, the Metroid newcomer should be Ridley.
Fixing that for you:
The DK newcomer should be K. Rool, the Zelda newcomer should be Impa, the Metroid newcomer should be Ridley.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Fixing that for you:
Fixing that for you:
The DK newcomer should be K. Rool, the Zelda newcomer should be no one, the Metroid Newcomer should be Kraid.:)

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Since Cranky is out of the picture Dixie is the next best choice.

Air guitars yo.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
As stupid as it is to not include a DK newcomer, DK not having anything like new items, new stages (at least on the 3DS), or anything outside of Kremlings and Tikis in Smash is the straw that breaks the camel's back in my opinion. At least Metroid and Zelda had attention paid to them with new Assist Trophies, stages, or items even if they aren't (likely) getting any newcomers. The treatment DK's received has been so poor its mindboggling. Its like Sakurai still thinks its 2008 when it comes to DK.
Tell me about it. The only DK items are the spring and hammer, both from the arcade game. The Barrel Cannon has been the only DKC originating item, and it was only in Melee. All we've got right now is the Chunky Kong AT rumor. Just watch Rumble Falls or 75m be the DK stage on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm pretty sure no one would really give a crap that the roster doesn't have a playable crocodile.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Why would anyone want a crocodile when you could have another monkey? :)
Horrible logic, we need variety, not another clone, I'd rather have black hole than another monkey, if Dixie or Impa are in, I will be sooo mad because we could've gotten original characters, not dumb clones that should be alts. K rool would be a great newcomer , and anyone who dislikes him does not know the grace of our lord and savior k rool.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Why don't you post this on the K. Rool support thread and see how that goes for you?
You know I'm speaking generally right.

Like I'm sure there is absolutely no one looking at the roster and thinking "You know what this roster needs? A crocodile."

If you wanna make a case for K.Rool, make a case for him being a villain.

Though I'd rather a bad example of 90's art stays far away.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Horrible logic, we need variety, not another clone, I'd rather have black hole than another monkey, if Dixie or Impa are in, I will be sooo mad because we could've gotten original characters, not dumb clones that should be alts.
What makes you think both Dixie and impa will be clones? Just because Dixie is the same species doesn't mean she's the same as Diddy. I mean, there are a TON of human on the roster, and they aren't all clones.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
You know I'm speaking generally right.

Like I'm sure there is absolutely no one looking at the roster and thinking "You know what this roster needs? A crocodile."

If you wanna make a for K.Rool, make a case for him being a villain.
I think the roster needs a crocodile, I'd prefer k rool, but id take any crocodile at this point. @ ihskeyp ihskeyp Impa and Dixie have very similar abilities, and many humans are different, such as shulk and Ike, shulk can see the future, and Ike is a very strong swordsman, where shulk lacks strength, he has foresight and buffs, and where Ike lacks speed, he has overwhelming power, and they both have range. The only real similarities are that they both wield cool swords, have great range, and are guys. Dixie is just a girl diddy with hair twirling, and Impa is a sheikah, just like shiek.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Fixing that for you:
The DK newcomer should be K. Rool, the Zelda newcomer should be no one, the Metroid Newcomer should be Kraid.:)
Triple fixing this for all of us:
The DK newcomer should be Dixie, the Zelda newcomer should be Malon, and the Metroid newcomer should be Anthony Higgs.

Whew. That was hard work.
Horrible logic, we need variety, not another clone, I'd rather have black hole than another monkey, if Dixie or Impa are in, I will be sooo mad because we could've gotten original characters, not dumb clones that should be alts. K rool would be a great newcomer , and anyone who dislikes him does not know the grace of our lord and savior k rool.
Getting a little heated there with that factpinion of yours. Allow me to offer my own factpinion... DIXIE WOULD NOT BE A TOTAL CLONE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom