• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Ghirahim had enough going against him that I was completely confident that he wouldn't be playable, despite him being the most popular choice. I think it's very possible to ascertain who is the most and least likely to be on the roster if you analyze everything close enough, have a pragmatic sense of reasoning as to how they choose characters to be playable, and consider all of the facts. Also if it wasn't Ghirahim, I would bet my bank account it's most certainly not Ravio. :smirk:
Like I said though, we'll know everyone's fate soon enough.
Haha well that's what I'm saying (granted I also didnt think giradelli had any chance) but you still haven't revealed who you think this mysterious slightly edged out character is, you've piqued my interest

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

This is my somewhat-optimistic prediction roster. This is not my wanted roster.

King K. Rool: He's a new DK representative and he's a villain. We need both.
Mewtwo: Highly requested all over the world. He has had a recent movie and 2 mega evolution, making him relevant.
Ridley: He's a new Metroid representative and he's a villain. We need both.
Marshal: Rhythm Heaven has gotten some attention over the past few years, and I think it's time to see a RH character in Smash.
Captain Rainbow: He's the Little Mac of Japan. Highly requested and popular over there, not so much here.
Shulk: Highly requested everywhere. Can be an incredibly unique swordsman.

If you don't like Captain Rainbow, replace him with anyone else (Krystal, Dark Pit, Bandana Dee, Vaati, Dixie Kong, Duck Hunt Dog)

It's not that I don't like Captain Rainbow but, wasn't he rather obscure in Japan too?

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I don't even know what he does, but he seems cool. I've always wanted a sage playable, granted I wanted Saria or Darunia, but Ravio would be peachy
I'm not sure if you mean that Ravio's a sage, but he isn't. He's a comical weapons-trader who sets up house in Link's home in A Link Between Worlds. There are lots of weapons in the game, and he sells them all almost from the start. Each comes with sketches/artwork of Ravio using said weapon, thus building his moveset for him, really. Also, for uber endgame spoilers:

Ravio is Link's counterpart in Lorule, the world opposite of Hyrule. Whereas Link is the embodiment of courage, Ravio identifies himself as a coward. That's why he seeks Link out and tries to help him, because he can't take action himself.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'm not sure if you mean that Ravio's a sage, but he isn't. He's a comical weapons-trader who sets up house in Link's home in A Link Between Worlds. There are lots of weapons in the game, and he sells them all almost from the start. Each comes with sketches/artwork of Ravio using said weapon, thus building his moveset for him, really. Also, for uber endgame spoilers:

Ravio is Link's counterpart in Lorule, the world opposite of Hyrule. Whereas Link is the embodiment of courage, Ravio identifies himself as a coward. That's why he seeks Link out and tries to help him, because he can't take action himself.
Aww man, I thought he was a sage. Nevermind, if I want a goofy trader, I'll go back to the happy mask salesman, he's my most wanted anyway

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Next week truly is going to be quite the feat.

Any character whether it be a newcomer or veteran could either prove or disprove the leak. Better batter down the hatches if something against the leak does occur.

Tbh, I really do wonder where the Ice Climbers are...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Or Sakurai will lay off a veteran/newcomer reveal until the game releases, and we will never know. :troll:
Simply going off of Sakurai's comment when he announced the July character reveal, I'd say that we have at least one newcomer left that will be revealed prior to the release date.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think Sakurai will reveal a newcomer not on the (possibly incomplete) leaked roster, just to mess with us.
Or he'll reveal one that's not on the "leaked" roster because the "leak" is fake and he was going to reveal that character regardless of the "leak's" existence.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I assume the Shadow Assist Trophy will be substituted with Alfonzo holding a chaos emerald whenever the playable Shadow is on field. :p

Alfonzo: Leave it to me!

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Or he'll reveal one that's not on the "leaked" roster because the "leak" is fake and he was going to reveal that character regardless of the "leak's" existence.
Well technically the leak suggests 5 remaining characters, to that wouldnt discredit it :p

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Haha well that's what I'm saying (granted I also didnt think giradelli had any chance) but you still haven't revealed who you think this mysterious slightly edged out character is, you've piqued my interest
You had it right. I honestly think Toon Zelda is the most likely sixth candidate to be on the roster. I'm not ashamed to admit it; I've been in a few discussions regarding the character. I see you roaming this thread often, so I assumed you may have seen my posts regarding her stance in the game. Sorry about that.

I never really notice anyone speculate about her chances, even though I've felt for a while that she was the most likely. Trust me, I know that quite a few people on the Boards don't like the idea of her being playable. I assume that's why most just write her off while saying that there's no way Sakurai would add a third version of Zelda. I've never determined that to be a good reason as to why she doesn't have a chance. I've also never minded clone characters, so I've decided to be the one to advocate for the character and present the good case that I believe she has at being playable.

I always first refer to the fact that she has already been considered in the past. Many will say that since she was cut, she wouldn't be considered again. I believe that Toon Zelda, just like the rest of the characters on that file, were cut due to time constraints. Meaning I believe that any of them might get reconsidered. If we have the Miis, and the possible inclusion of Dr. Mario and Mewtwo to go by, we know this to be the case. I also state that she has a good chance of being reconsidered due to having big game releases since Brawl that uses her art style (Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker HD).

I've also pointed out that, as I'm sure everyone knows, Zelda underwent quite the change in this iteration of Smash. People say that Toon Zelda has been out right disconfirmed due to Zelda's new down special being the Phantom Slash. I'm here to say that I don't believe that to be the case. Zelda could have been given that move in order to keep Toon Zelda and Zelda similar. I would even go as far as to say that I think it's possible that the move could have first been conceived for Toon Zelda. That's just my own speculation though.

Another note to add is about the Phantom is that they showed off a good picture of the Phantom Trophy for the 3DS version of Smash in a Picture of the Day a few weeks ago. The model is the same model from all of the Spirit Tracks artwork; the one that Toon Zelda is associated with the most. I believe it could be the model from Toon Zelda's version of the Phantom Slash move. You can read my thoughts on this theory in a little more detail in the Toon Zelda thread if you wish. I posted it there a few weeks ago.

Those aren't all of the points I have; other hints could be that many of Zelda's changes might be due to a clone now sharing her move set. Many Marth mains complained after E3 about Marth feeling different before Lucina was revealed to be a Marth clone. It's also possible that Wind Waker could still get a new stage on the Wii U version of Smash. I'm also thinking that Ganondorf might be revamped, effectively justifying adding a clone to the Zelda roster. I would go into more detail about these points, but I don't want to ramble on too much. You get the point.

I just feel that Toon Zelda has the most going for her, and almost nothing against her. If you think about it, everyday that we don't get a Zelda newcomer revealed, Toon Zelda's chances at being a secret character keep rising. Before you think that I'm biased towards the character, I'll just tell you that Tetra is my most wanted Zelda newcomer. I just feel that Toon Zelda has the best chance, so I speculate in her favor. I don't mind Toon Zelda being on the roster though, especially if it means that I'm correct about my speculation. :b:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I think the leak is BS we have Wario, Ganonodorf, Ness, Ice Climbers, Falco, R.O.B., and Wolf left maybe Lucas and with this I will back up why I said wolf there is simply no reason to cut him if anything he has everything going for him he needs little to no tweaking if was not for graphical limitations he would of been in melee he is a main character of starfox he is sakurai's favorite starfox character he has too much going for him to be cut and in my opinion he is very deserving to return.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@ Scamper52596 Scamper52596 Yea I thought you were the Toon Zelda guy, I just wanted to make sure

I don't have a problem with her, or any zelda newcomer not that ghiriam is out, I want HMS or Ganon and everyone else is on an equal second tier of importance to me, so Toon Zelda is as exciting/not exciting as Impa, Yuga, Demise, etc.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think the leak is BS we have Wario, Ganonodorf, Ness, Ice Climbers, Falco, R.O.B., and Wolf left maybe Lucas and with this I will back up why I said wolf there is simply no reason to cut him if anything he has everything going for him he needs little to no tweaking if was not for graphical limitations he would of been in melee he is a main character of starfox he is sakurai's favorite starfox character he has too much going for him to be cut and in my opinion he is very deserving to return.
Wolf has as much of a chance as Wario (whom honestly has most reasons to not get cut)?
You can't really say there's absolutely no reason, just like how False Sense said in a sense there are no absolute shoo-ins for the game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
With Ghirahim gone...

*moment of silence*

I can't see a Zelda newcomer happening, nor do I care for one. If there is a Zelda newcomer, though, I would bet money it's...

She would be like Sheik in that her moveset is improvised from pirate tropes, and she borrows some of WW Link's arsenal (such as the Grappling Hook for a tether grab)

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
With Ghirahim gone...

*moment of silence*

I can't see a Zelda newcomer happening, nor do I care for one. If there is a Zelda newcomer, though, I would bet money it's...

She would be like Sheik in that her moveset is improvised from pirate tropes, and she borrows some of WW Link's arsenal (such as the Grappling Hook for a tether grab)
She can be the Toon Link everybody wanted but will never get.

I'm still not expecting a Zelda newcomer, but Impa / Tetra / Ganon seem like plausible possibilities (but the former two moreso, I'd think at least).

D

Deleted member

I think Sakurai will reveal a newcomer not on the (possibly incomplete) leaked roster, just to mess with us.
To be fair to Sakurai, that's the only reasonable thing to do unless he just wants confirm the leak(if it's true) I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up happening.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Instead of Toon Zelda, I would prefer Skyward Zelda if we are going the clone route.

Ganon might have a chance to be a playable character. Then we would have two takes of all three main Zelda characters.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Instead of Toon Zelda, I would prefer Skyward Zelda if we are going the clone route.
Ganon might have a chance to be a playable character. Then we would have two takes of all three main Zelda characters.
I feel like I'm the only person in the world who cannot stand Skyward Sword Zelda. Her voice is so grating, and she's clearly toying with Link's emotions.

Anyway, Ganon would be cool, but I doubt he would be included solely to have two versions of every Zelda character. I would rather Ganon replace Ganondorf, or Ganondorf is revamped. Again...

Plus moveset based on Nightmare from Soulcalibur = All of my want.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
With Ghirahim gone...

*moment of silence*

I've been wanting Tetra alone as the Zelda newcomer since the very beginning, even before they announced that there would be no transformation characters!

I really hope she makes it in, but it seems unlikely.

DISCLAIMER: Tetra =/= Toon Zelda. Toon Zelda would be really boring, and everyone knows why. Tetra on the other hand, is a flippin PIRATE! who doesn't want a PIRATE? (I'm talking to you, @ Bowserlick Bowserlick :p)

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do want a pirate. Kaptain K. Rool.

He has a blunderbuss. What does Tetra have? A small curved butter knife?
She could spread goat cheese on crackers. That is about it. Not very piratey. Bleh.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There should be a trailer where Ridley dives from the skies and starts fighting Mario and the gang. A "Ridley Swoops In" picture is shown. But then it is quite clear that the character is not Ridley, but King K. Rool in a Ridley costume.

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord

This is my somewhat-optimistic prediction roster. This is not my wanted roster.

King K. Rool: He's a new DK representative and he's a villain. We need both.
Mewtwo: Highly requested all over the world. He has had a recent movie and 2 mega evolution, making him relevant.
Ridley: He's a new Metroid representative and he's a villain. We need both.
Marshal: Rhythm Heaven has gotten some attention over the past few years, and I think it's time to see a RH character in Smash.
Captain Rainbow: He's the Little Mac of Japan. Highly requested and popular over there, not so much here.
Shulk: Highly requested everywhere. Can be an incredibly unique swordsman.

If you don't like Captain Rainbow, replace him with anyone else (Krystal, Dark Pit, Bandana Dee, Vaati, Dixie Kong, Duck Hunt Dog)
Umm.....where the heck is Captain Falcon?!?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

She could spread goat cheese on crackers. That is about it. Not very piratey. Bleh.
I don't think this is the thread to insult beloved characters in an uncreative manner.

If you insist though, may I remind you that Tetra is probably smart enough not to constantly suck in a blunderbuss, constantly leaving herself open to being attacked. Maybe K. Rool should dress up as a vacuum salesmen in his next appearance.
If he even has one. :awesome:

Sorry, but I take insults to characters from one of my favorite games a little personally.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Tetra as a Zelda clone would be uncreative.

A taunt where she spreads goat cheese on a cracker and then yells," You'll walk the plank!" as she marches the cracker onto her tongue for a hasty devour would be the more creative.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Bah, that's just a costume. :troll:

(I do want king K Rool though, and having that costume would be pretty cool)

Tetra as a Zelda clone would be uncreative.

A taunt where she spreads goat cheese on a cracker and then yells," You'll walk the plank!" as she marches the cracker onto her tongue for a hasty devour would be the more creative.
Has ANYONE here actually said that they wanted Tetra as a Zelda clone?

'cause that's a dumb idea.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh I personally feel the only Zelda characters with the most realistic shot are Tetra and Toon Zelda (Would love Ganon the most but I see him just being Ganondorf's final Smash again) assuming we'd even get a Zelda newcomer to begin with (Which isn't too far out of the realm of possibility imo)

But eh, I don't really like talking about Zelda stuff anymore to begin with so.... consider it just my two cents on the matter.... *walks away*

mark welford

Smash Ace
I want to ask one thing is there any credibility or facts behind this leak? until someone tells me I'm not believing a single word of this bullsh*t leak and I probably still wont believe it.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I want to ask one thing is there any credibility or facts behind this leak? until someone tells me I'm not believing a single word of this bullsh*t leak and I probably still wont believe it
It had angles of the paper mario and tomadachi life stage that were not available at the time of the leak's posting, and still wouldn't be without intense photoshop

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I want to ask one thing is there any credibility or facts behind this leak? until someone tells me I'm not believing a single word of this bullsh*t leak and I probably still wont believe it
The only credibility the leak has is renders. Everything else sounds construed, especially the whole ESRB thing. I can't come up with a single time where leaked information like this EVER came from ESRB. And the information shown in the supposed leaked ESRB video is extremely questionable. The ESRB would need to rate character movesets and how those look, so why would they show Shulk's end battle and the character select screen for most of these?

The entire thing is sketchy, with the one legitimate thing for the leak is the renders, but all of the veteran characters renders aren't hard to do (take an existing model and tweak the pose), and Game and Watch isn't based on his design in the Pac-Man trailer, either.

mark welford

Smash Ace
The only credibility the leak has is renders. Everything else sounds construed, especially the whole ESRB thing. I can't come up with a single time where leaked information like this EVER came from ESRB. And the information shown in the supposed leaked ESRB video is extremely questionable. The ESRB would need to rate character movesets and how those look, so why would they show Shulk's end battle and the character select screen for most of these?

The entire thing is sketchy, with the one legitimate thing for the leak is the renders, but all of the veteran characters renders aren't hard to do (take an existing model and tweak the pose), and Game and Watch isn't based on his design in the Pac-Man trailer, either.
thank you whoever made this leak had to be very skilled with photoshop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom