• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
thank you whoever made this leak had to be very skilled with photoshop
Keep in mind I'm not saying its flat-out wrong. It could still be legit, but the information provided is too sketchy. There's just so many things wrong with the leak, with only a few things right.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

Can you show me the leaked Paper Mario shot? I never saw any shots but the famitsu one.

Which I know is weird to not happen.
http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Super-Smash-Bros-3DS-Stages.jpg
That's the stage list, paper mario is more to the top right i think
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/paper-mario
These 3 screens are what we have, the select icon lacks the characters and things like the fan of the potd version, ofc.
thank you whoever made this leak had to be very skilled with photoshop
or it could just be true

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Keep in mind I'm not saying its flat-out wrong. It could still be legit, but the information provided is too sketchy. There's just so many things wrong with the leak, with only a few things right.
that is what I have been saying there is too many glaring problems with this leak for it to be credible

mark welford

Smash Ace
that is what I have been saying there is too many glaring problems with this leak for it to be credible.
These 3 screens are what we have, the select icon lacks the characters and things like the fan of the potd version, ofc.

or it could just be true
I hope not but I find people who believe it to be very gullible and like I said if this thing is false whoever made the leak was talking the good sh*t telling people what they wanted to hear and I guess this leak is the most "notable" one right now.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I personally think which Zelda newcomer Sakurai could choose is a toss-up.

But if I had choose one, I hope it's Agitha.
I really want a character that can fight with a Parasol.

Peach doesn't do **** with hers

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I agree that the reaction to the PoD was a little... weird (it was nothing big or interesting and everyone was like "OMFG YAY!") but that's no reason for you to start using such a language :drifloon:
just getting some infractions. don't take it personally.
hopefully I will get a spam infraction for this post

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think that out of the franchises that have multiple characters, Zelda and Kirby are the best represented.
Imo, Mario is also really well represented. No Toad sucks and I get that, but everyone else is there.

just getting some infractions. don't take it personally.
hopefully I will get a spam infraction for this post
Lol. Why are you looking for infractions? :p

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would be pretty happy if Bowser Jr. did end up getting in. He's my second most wanted newcomer tied with Toad and right behind Krystal and right before King K. Rool.

With Zelda, I think Impa or Vaati would be the best choice, personally. Vaati because it would give another character to the toon side of Zelda.

I agree Kirby is good where it's at: it's got the two most important and recurring characters along with Meta Knight as the cherry on top.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kirby is missing something, so it isn't as perfect as you might think…
:awesome:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah Bowser Jr in a Clown Car sounds so neat.

A fighter in a mech playable in Smash? I'm in.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

or it could just be true
Thanks, now I know that I'm wasting my time on this leak now.

Not going to tell why because I did once on another leak and I got mad.

So, case closed for me. Anyway, it's false until true every time so still not going to care.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Just gonna mention how really similar this whole leak business is to the Pokemon X/Y leak that ended up true. (No, I'm not saying this one is true as well.)

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Imo, Mario is also really well represented. No Toad sucks and I get that, but everyone else is there.

Lol. Why are you looking for infractions? :p
because I have been getting infractions left and right, while trying to avoid them. So I decided I might as well look for em.
here we go: **** YOU DICKFACE
I DONT REALLY MEAN IT BUT **** YOU
GIMME DAT INFRACTION
spam?
trolling?
which is it?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
because I have been getting infractions left and right, while trying to avoid them. So I decided I might as well look for em.
here we go: **** YOU ****FACE
GIMME DAT INFRACTION
spam?
trolling?
which is it?
uhm, I still don't think you should do that, just be a gentleman and sort it out with the moderators. that's what I try to do anyways. works half the time.

ANYWAYS, so how about that dark matter? I still want him playable ala kirby's dreamland 2.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
here we go: **** YOU ****FACE
GIMME DAT INFRACTION
spam?
trolling?
which is it?
I call that borderline-decency, but I call everything decency. Since there's no borderline-decency infraction category, I guess it's profane language that's not family-friendly. I wanna throw a quote at you.
The ones that are hardest to love, are usually the ones who need it the most.
That probably has nothing to do with this, but it's a shot.
Also I approve of Dark Matter. :4dedede: & :4metaknight: aren't full-fledged Evillains

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Also I approve of Dark Matter. :4dedede: & :4metaknight: aren't full-fledged Evillains
yeah, I feel Dark Matter is the best Kirby villain.

for the WIN :D

is okay but the swordsman version would fit better. although, he could pull a Pac-Man and be both.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
As long as its not bandanna weenie.

But I think Kirby is all set, at least as long as DK is sitting on only 2 reps

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ya know, I've never been one to mine the salt, even after my actually improbable-in-the-first-place character, Pokemon Trainer, with my actually-improbable-Pokemon, Squirtle, took a bashing, and may be the only one in the entire game of Brawl (which is, far worse, than anything any wistful hopeful that is not an actual All Star of this game could possibly endure). But reading things like this...

"*moment of silence*
I can't see a Zelda newcomer happening, nor do I care for one"

Make me want to pick up my tools and go collecting, because it is absurd. Ghirahim held very little ground. We were not given Midna in Brawl and we were not going to be given Ghirahim now. I understand desire =/= likelihood, but not getting him certainly has nothing to do with us getting or not getting a Zelda charater, it just shows Sakurai has any level of sense about him with regard to whom he chooses.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I wouldn't be upset about Ghirahim not being playable if it wasn't for all of the people saying "I told you so" like so.
Seriously, that gets old fast.
Somehow it's worse when people know you support the character.

supposedly Dark Matter got in over Bandanna Dee. @ Chandeelure Chandeelure would probably take it the hardest. Not specifically because he wants Bandanna Dee the most, but because everyone here knows he really supports Bandanna Dee and would rub it in to him.

Sometimes, people can be jerks.

....meanwhile I'd be pretty happy Dark Matter got in over Bandanna Dee. not that it has anything to do with what I was talking about, I just really want Dark Matter! :laugh:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I wouldn't be upset about Ghirahim not being playable if it wasn't for all of the people saying "I told you so" like so.
Well, we don't have it so bad for what it is, this attitude will probably not last since Ghirahim was far from a highly controversial character.
I mean imagine this but with Ridley instead, and how would Ridley supporters be attacked in case of him being confirmed a boss.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Everyone tries to be a captain hindsight after the fact, as if they knew more then anyone else when they were just on the opposing side while still being in the dark like the rest of us.

I expect a handful of filth like that to show up in the snake thread if he isnt in.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The bigger the controversy, the worse the attack you'll get in the aftermath. This is something everyone should be prepared for. I'm already prepared for whatever backlash I'll get for fully supporting the Grass Raptor Sceptile.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Thanks, now I know that I'm wasting my time on this leak now.

Not going to tell why because I did once on another leak and I got mad.

So, case closed for me. Anyway, it's false until true every time so still not going to care.
To each their own i guess. The Tomodachi room thing was more of what convinced people it was real, however.

Ridley fans are already constantly attacked for that reason.
Do keep in mind this goes both ways, I know Ridley fans who think he's confirmed just because "Sakurai teased him" and they will not hesitate to burn down the "too bigots" if Ridley gets confirmed, nobody should play the victim in these situations as both sides spew poison at the other constantly.
I expect a handful of filth like that to show up in the snake thread if he isnt in.
Too bad that will never happen because he's totally in :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
To each their own i guess. The Tomodachi room thing was more of what convinced people it was real, however.

Do keep in mind this goes both ways, I know Ridley fans who think he's confirmed just because "Sakurai teased him" and they will not hesitate to burn down the "too bigots" if Ridley gets confirmed, nobody should play the victim in these situations as both sides spew poison at the other constantly.

Too bad that will never happen because he's totally in :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
Yes, even the room was checked.

Tough, there's a quite obvious one for Paper Mario that I don't know why it seemed normal (that's not even the fan, but would contradict the design).

Like, I don't even want to try seriously, I tried before and I got a deserved warning for getting mad (not in personal attack, but off topic in another thread and it was off topic).

I guess I tend to care so much about logic that when I see the most improbable theory ever without any foundation explained, I tend to ignore or reply strongly about it.

So, I don't talk about leaks. Me doing it is an obsession and others doing it is hurting everyone who doesn't want (I lived it with sal).

I just point how people consider it, but not go into the leak debunk.

I care more about teases than leaks, because at least teases have reliable source and proven to be trusted on multiple cases and even known to everyone here.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
New topic eh? Well, Jigglypuff certainly has quite a different looking render art this time around.

About time, its pose always seems to be the same for its renders in the past 3 games. xD

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
New topic eh? Well, Jigglypuff certainly has quite a different looking render art this time around.

About time, its pose always seems to be the same for its renders in the past 3 games. xD
I don't recall seeing Jigglypuff's official render confirmed officially. Unless you're talking about the leak with more holes in it than a cheese grater, but let's not get back onto that.
Regardless, I can see the Puff getting different art this time around. (though I almost want to see it get the same for old time's sake)

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Oh, wow, I totally neglected to bring this up. I love being the one that stirs chaos, so I'm going for it. But first, let me annoy you with the story of how this came to be: So, SamOxnar and I were talking about the potential Duck Hunt hint in Robin's trailer, and it brought us back to the Bowser Jr. shaped rock in Megaman's trailer and the Pac-Man cloud in Greninja's. Being as obsessive as we are, the two of us, as well as KHJEDIMASTER, began going through the trailers for more hints. Curtsey of the Jedi, we found a hint in the nebula from Rosalina's trailer. I'm gonna show you generally where, and narrow it down in a spoiler, and if you STILL don't see it, I'll just tell you what you're looking for in a spoiler under it:

You'd think the Ridley supporters would at least be able to find the space pirate known for being "Big as ****"

I never found this talked about anywhere else, so.......I'm sorry if I'm just regurgitating old news? :drshrug:

Last edited:

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet
Duck Hunt hint? Bowser Jr. rock? Pac-Man cloud? Sorry for not knowing, but where were each of them? Sound intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom