• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
If Ghirahim wasn't relevant to the series, popular or deserving, what makes you think Vaati is? he was only truly relevant in The Minish cap, and the 3 games where he appeared in weren't even that popular.
Oh, you have no idea how much I would destroy this argument if it weren't 7 hours ago. :evil::demon:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Oh, you have no idea how much I would destroy this argument if it weren't 7 hours ago. :evil::demon:
I'll play the punching bag then. :laugh:

If Ghirahim wasn't relevant to the series, popular or deserving, what makes you think Vaati is? he was only truly relevant in The Minish cap, and the 3 games where he appeared in weren't even that popular.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'll play the punching bag then. :laugh:

My body's ready for this checkmate move. Go for it @ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
Figure'd I'd reply to both because reasons.

Alright relevance, in 4 Swords he was also the main villain, which I think would make him pretty important, and in Adventures he was the secondary villain, only second to Ganon, which reminds me of another fabulous villain I know. :smirk:
And you can't even say Nintendo forgot about his games or don't care, because they've re-released his games and even made a remake of one.

Now for popularity, Vaati's still incredibly popular as a Zelda character, and is still pretty popular as a Smash contender. Heck, he's got a pretty big following under him that's been wanting him in another game for quite some time now.

And finally deservance (if that's even a word), I'd add his popularity and relevance to his deservence along with being an incredibly unique character and being the 2nd most reoccuring villain only to Ganondorf himself.

So, did I do good guys?

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Figure'd I'd reply to both because reasons.

Alright relevance, in 4 Swords he was also the main villain, which I think would make him pretty important, and in Adventures he was the secondary villain, only second to Ganon, which reminds me of another fabulous villain I know. :smirk:
And you can't even say Nintendo forgot about his games or don't care, because they've re-released his games and even made a remake of one.

Now for popularity, Vaati's still incredibly popular as a Zelda character, and is still pretty popular as a Smash contender. Heck, he's got a pretty big following under him that's been wanting him in another game for quite some time now.

And finally deservance (if that's even a word), I'd add his popularity and relevance to his deservence along with being an incredibly unique character and being the 2nd most reoccuring villain only to Ganondorf himself.

So, did I do good guys?
I think you did fabulous :troll: And I'm feeling a zelda character tomorrow, so maybe vaati if we're lucky, and if they announce another assist trophy and not a character, I'm probably going to throw my phone out into the street

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm refreshing the director's page rapidly, yet nothing is happening. My internet is broken.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Vaati is the most recurring villain in the Zelda franchise after Ganondorf.
The most recurring villain in the Toon series (Toon Link)
The most recurring handheld villain (3DS)

This is objective, not factoring in aesthetic, wind magic, flight, etc.
Nor the theory linking him to any other bosses in the Zelda verse.

So. Yeah. If you want another Zelda villain, it is him.
And if you want another zelda character, he is the next most interesting.
...or honestly, the most interesting.

*BTW, where's this update? Can everyone see it but me, again?*

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think the update is running late, because I'm not seeing anything either.
Last time it was this late, we got Meta Knight.

I'm refreshing the director's page rapidly, yet nothing is happening. My internet is broken.

Director's page...

do I look at the wrong page for the updates?

*goes to the forum of embarrassing things, game is revealed in days*

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
All the past little LoZ PotD build-up mentioned by @ CJ Falcon CJ Falcon is something to notice too. I'm ready for a veteran, like :ganondorf:.

Edit: Darn you SmashBoards, making me try again later.:troll:

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Whatever it is, it probably has some sort of update to the main site as well.

The same happened with Meta Knight too. We're gonna get something more than just one pic.

xyt4n

Smash Cadet
Could it be possible, that we dont get a PotD today? Maybe is today holiday in japan. Do Sakurai post really every Working Day a picture?

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
So, the main composer for the Metal Gear Solid franchise is a composer on the 3DS. It should be noted that for video games she has been credited for contributing to Metal Gear, Halo 4, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn...notify me if I missed any others. As you can see, I find little reason to believe that Kingdom Hearts, Halo 4 and Final Fantasy music will find their way into Smash.

So, I'm curious as to why she's here. Will she really just remix a random song this time, outside of any relation to Metal Gear? I can't say that I buy that, but it's a possibility...

Will Metal Gear music really make it into Smash 4, but without a playable Snake? Possible, and a scenario I'm not willing to disregard, but it would be extremely bizarre (and insulting to Snake fans)...

Best not get too caught up in this though. Looking to the music selection may lead to vast disappointment (the Shulk hype is already in full swing) and is likely to be as reliable as looking at IMDB for voice actors/actresses (as in, not reliable at all), but I still find it slightly intriguing nonetheless...

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I don't think it's worth putting any stock in the musicians. I doubt we will get Idol master music, yet there are 7 musicians from the series. It's just a list of some of the composers bigger accomplishments.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The most interesting thing we got today is Meta Knight's banner is gone, and that usually means there's a new character incoming.

Marcusjll

Smash Cadet
can't wait for the next character reveal, because then we'll know whether the leak was fake or not due to the renders!

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
So, the main composer for the Metal Gear Solid franchise is a composer on the 3DS. It should be noted that for video games she has been credited for contributing to Metal Gear, Halo 4, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn...notify me if I missed any others. As you can see, I find little reason to believe that Kingdom Hearts, Halo 4 and Final Fantasy music will find their way into Smash.

So, I'm curious as to why she's here. Will she really just remix a random song this time, outside of any relation to Metal Gear? I can't say that I buy that, but it's a possibility...

Will Metal Gear music really make it into Smash 4, but without a playable Snake? Possible, and a scenario I'm not willing to disregard, but it would be extremely bizarre (and insulting to Snake fans)...

Best not get too caught up in this though. Looking to the music selection may lead to vast disappointment (the Shulk hype is already in full swing) and is likely to be as reliable as looking at IMDB for voice actors/actresses (as in, not reliable at all), but I still find it slightly intriguing nonetheless...
using this logic and seeing Motoi Sakuraba:
I guess Cless, Lloyd, Kratos, Genis, Claus and Asbel confirmed?

I doubt the composer means anything.

Brawl had many composers, including Nobuo Uematsu who composed the main theme.
yet there were a grand total of 0 Final Fantasy characters playable.

Don't get too excited...

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Hmmm, no Ganondorf today but we still saw something related to Zelda in the PotD. That's 3 days in a row. Something's up.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Warning Received
has anyone paid attention to how Sakurai has been eating ***** lately?
I am so sure this last Pic of the day proves that everyone on this board is a bunch of cock****ing sluts

Maxilian

Smash Ace
has anyone paid attention to how Sakurai has been eating ****s lately?
I am so sure this last Pic of the day proves that everyone on this board is a bunch of ********ing ****s
I agree that the reaction to the PoD was a little... weird (it was nothing big or interesting and everyone was like "OMFG YAY!") but that's no reason for you to start using such a language :drifloon:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think people are actually upset that Impa has such good chances now.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think people are actually upset that Impa has such good chances now.
Since when? We know you're a fanboy, but I really don't think we are even gonna get a new Zelda character this time. If all of the three most popular requests are denied as AT, then I can see Impa falling into it just to troll us again

...and before you ask, if Impa suddenly made it as a alt attire for Sheik, I won't be complaining about that. Gives us more chances for Vaati

VAATI FOR SMASH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom