• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much, it seems (i still like Mac tho) But this character seems much more complex. Also:

Lol to breaking shields in two hits

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
None of these points apply to Yoshi: he has very solid range, can force approaches, can evade edgeguarding attempts, doesn't really care too much about disjoints, is moderately heavy, has good kill power and has very little lag on his moves. That might help explaining why Ganon has such a poor matchup against him.

:059:
I main both characters and play both matchups extensively, and the matchup isn't as bad as you seem to think. Everyone who isn't a Ganon main just assumes Ganon loses every basically matchup until they see evidence to the contrary.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
That "adjustments have been made" bit is the non-balance wording they used in the past. They specifically used the word balance in the balance patches
Incoming placebos anyway :(
The fact that replays were broken definitively tells us some moveset changes were made.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It was stated in the tips that his ftilt does crazy shield damage. That move is his overhead in SF games which must be blocked high. Sakurai was trying to translate the collarbone breakers ability to bypass low guards into a smash game.

And made it a broken move in that transition.

Ryu is looking monstrous wtf.

The Satsui no Hadou is strong in this one.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think someone should make a patch thread... There's a data thread and sort of leak thread in the Wii U General Discussion... I'm on mobile, so I can't really do that. I'll ask.

So, how's Lucas, Ryu, and Roy feeling, everyone?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So Ryu is pretty much a better Little Mac?
Kind of. The fact that he has a projectile that can be made stronger with specific inputs makes him significantly better than L mac. The real question is how does he do against rushdown chars like Falcon, intimidating characters like Ganon, and projectile chars like Link?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Roy feels like what I've always wanted from Marth.

He hits hard, he's fast, and he's definitely a character I'm going to look into.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Diddy's Up Throw was nerfed from 8% -> 5%, Down Throw buffed from 6% -> 7%

Charizard's Up Throw appears to have gotten a significant KB boost. I can KO Mario in the center of FD at 130% in training mode. His Down Throw was nerfed though. It doesn't KO Mario even at 300% lol.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
I will check Meta Knight thoroughly when the patch is done.

Also, I do not usually call 'top tier' on face value, but Ryu probably is. Does he have substantial invincibility on his Shoryuken in the air?

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The sourspot of Kirby's side smash attack angled upwards deals 12% damage instead of 13%.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Roy feels like what I've always wanted from Marth.

He hits hard, he's fast, and he's definitely a character I'm going to look into.
Cool... Won't be able to play him until I get a Wii U. Sworn off Smash 4 since I don't want to wear down my Circle Pad more and FG is irritating.

Any basic combos and move uses, anyone?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Pretty much, it seems (i still like Mac tho) But this character seems much more complex. Also:

Lol to breaking shields in two hits
It slow enough to side step it. Only beginners will fall for that imo.
Wow... they nerf diddy's Upair. Holy crap!

Seeing EmblemLord switching to Roy and Ryu makes me smile.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
GRENINJA'S FORWARD TILT IS BUFFED!

The whole animation is quicker (less startup and ending lag) and the damage is up to 7.3% from 6.5%.

Considering it already has awesome range I think this is a legitimately good move now. It's pretty damn safe, gonna be massive for his footsies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also, I do not usually call 'top tier' on face value, but Ryu probably is. Does he have substantial invincibility on his Shoryuken in the air?
I think Shoryuken only has I-frames if you do the Shoryuken input and not the regular Up Special input.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
GRENINJA'S FORWARD TILT IS BUFFED!

The whole animation is quicker (less startup and ending lag) and the damage is up to 7.3% from 6.5%.

Considering it already has awesome range I think this is a legitimately good move now. It's pretty damn safe, gonna be massive for his footsies.
Oh my god Greninja got buffed.

Is this reality

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
@ Shaya Shaya the god tho? He's always saying that if MK's forward tilt got buffed, He would be top tier. Victory is my destiny confirmed.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Finally, Sheik's grab game is very unreliable for damage output. I love that Sheik's throws all deal 2% or 3% damage instead of 7% now. It also seems her attacks have taken a hit for knockback as well.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe their nerfing diddy again, even though there are better characters than him that aren't getting nerfed. Diddy isn't broken, zero just mains him. I hope luigi, rosa, and shiek gets nerfed just as hard.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Finally, Sheik's grab game is very unreliable for damage output. I love that Sheik's throws all deal 2% or 3% damage instead of 7% now. It also seems her attacks have taken a hit for knockback as well.
Wait.. Sheiks been nerfed a third time? Please tell me this isn't true.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
if sakurai is nerfing sheik and diddy he is just making the game even more boring since players won't be as willing to approach as before.

gg, sakurai, you're going to kill competitive sm4sh faster.

Last edited:

Spirst

What in the hell are you talking about? Her throws do:
Uthrow 5%
Bthrow 7%
Fthrow 7%
Dthrow 6%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom