• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Cali Smash World ( Salinas, Seaside, Monterey, Watsonvile, Carmel, Gilroy, ect )

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Hey I am a dedicated smasher, located in Salinas Cali. I can personally travel to neighboring cities (anywhere in monterey county) to meet up and play. I want to put Central California on the smash map! So I am creating a central cal community of the smaller cities. The ones that are most commonly overlooked, and thought to be dead regions. Lets start from the bottom up and become known as some of the best smashers in central California! Its simple, if you are willing to play and meet up with fellow smashers, then post here stating that you would like to join in and become apart of the Central cali scene. I'll add your name to the list of players who can meet up and participate in our local smash events.

I'll also be posting flyers around the local area with my number on them to gather people to play and meet up. And directing them to this forum and thread.

Events will be things such as: SmashFest ( playing smash related games for hours with multiple people ) Smash Tournaments local. PowerRankings, Rivalries and more.

Sora Keyblade Master: Location ( Salinas/Castrovile ) Transportation: Sorta.
Sybronx:
Aron?:​

Last edited:

ARON?

Smash Apprentice
What's up Sora. I'm occasionally in Salinas, and I know some other people. I'll let you know if we have a smashfest.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
What's up Sora. I'm occasionally in Salinas, and I know some other people. I'll let you know if we have a smashfest.

Cool dude, i was starting to think this area really was a deadzone, if you guys get together let me know, or tell them to register here so we can see how big the our scene is getting.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
I'm also in the area. I have a grip of friends who play smash and they are starting to pick up smash 4. We definitely have to put in some work. Wouldn't mind helping set up a tourney at all, and I can definitely get others to help too. Let's do this!

Last edited:

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
I'm also in the area. I have a bunch of friends who play smash and they are all starting to pick up smash 4. We definitely have to put in some work. Wouldn't mind helping set up a tourney at all, and I can definitely get others to help too. Let's do this!
Looks like this thread is actually taking off. Nice its good see some others post here. Starting a new scene is always pretty tough, but i look forward to playing with you guys. I missed the get together i was invited too this past week. But i am definitely going to be joining in on the next one. Which should be tomorrow hopefully. I was thinking these cities are more to the west, right?

Hey Sybronx what area are you in? And text me the next time you guys play man. Im trying to find somewhere to play today too.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Yeah dude, honestly I'm thankful you made this post because I was totally going to if you didn't. It's definitely tough, not because there aren't enough smashers around, but because it's hard to convince people that it's actually good to gather together sometimes and meet new people. We're pretty far west, we should definitely start getting more people together though. California is brimming over with talent in my opinion.

I'm originally from King City, but I also live in Paso. My best friend lives in San Jose and I go up there to visit him and train in smash pretty often. I have a ton of smash friends I've made, I just need to reconnect with them. Any of them would be down to play melee, brawl, or smash 3ds though. Someone just needs to get it going.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Only one so far is down to join smashboards so far, he said tomorrow after work. We joined a Facebook nor cal smash page and apparently he's taking part in it tomorrow as well.

Getting people motivated to play smash is tough, or anything for that matter, as a lot of people nowadays are too lazy to do even things they're passionate about. But me and my friend who's joining are definitely aiming high. We can meet up in salinas at the mall whenever everyone's free. Do you have smash for 3ds by the way? Right now we're only busting the 3ds version but I'm about to buy melee and brawl, and I have nothing against trying P:M either when or if it crosses my path. Also getting a wii u very soon.

@ ARON? ARON? if you do happen to be in the area, I'm definitely down for a smash fest as well. As long as I'm free.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Only one so far is down to join smashboards so far, he said tomorrow after work. We joined a Facebook nor cal smash page and apparently he's taking part in it tomorrow as well.

Getting people motivated to play smash is tough, or anything for that matter, as a lot of people nowadays are too lazy to do even things they're passionate about. But me and my friend who's joining are definitely aiming high. We can meet up in salinas at the mall whenever everyone's free. Do you have smash for 3ds by the way? Right now we're only busting the 3ds version but I'm about to buy melee and brawl, and I have nothing against trying P:M either when or if it crosses my path. Also getting a wii u very soon.

@ ARON? ARON? if you do happen to be in the area, I'm definitely down for a smash fest as well. As long as I'm free.
Yea the salinas mall is a good meeting point, since i think every knows where its at. I do have a 3DS but no smash at the moment, not 100 percent sure on if i want to get it yet or not. I don't really like how the controls feel for the 3DS version. Aron contacted me a few days ago too, said they might be playing today.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Yea the salinas mall is a good meeting point, since i think every knows where its at. I do have a 3DS but no smash at the moment, not 100 percent sure on if i want to get it yet or not. I don't really like how the controls feel for the 3DS version. Aron contacted me a few days ago too, said they might be playing today.
Yeah then we could just go from there. Have you gotten to try it out? At first it was weird, like putting on new shoes but I got used to it after like four games on the demo, everyone has different hands and stuff of course though so idk. My friend says the XL's controls make his thumbs feel twitchy haha. I gotta get that wii u version too though, it's just gonna be so smooth and crispy. I'm in paso currently but I'll be up in that area more soon 'cause I work up there.

Dyce

Smash Cadet
I'm from Modesto, but I go to school in San Jose now. Kinda far, but we can see if in the future we can do meet ups.

Last edited:

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Has anyone been playing lately?
Yessir. I was in a nor cal tourney today online and placed 7th! I had a lot of comp from Greninja, and Sheik.

NCS4Week5

I really want to play melee bad, and have just saved enough up to get it!! Stoked. How about you brotha, been busting smash 3ds or melee or pm lately?

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Yessir. I was in a nor cal tourney today online and placed 7th! I had a lot of comp from Greninja, and Sheik.

NCS4Week5

I really want to play melee bad, and have just saved enough up to get it!! Stoked. How about you brotha, been busting smash 3ds or melee or pm lately?
Nah sadly i have not. Been too busy with other things since i have gotton here. Need to find a group to play, thats the only time i can get serious about smash. A little hard to stay motivated with no one else to play with.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Nah sadly i have not. Been too busy with other things since i have gotton here. Need to find a group to play, thats the only time i can get serious about smash. A little hard to stay motivated with no one else to play with.
Ah dude I totally understand. How's about we put together a little event? I have melee in my possession and four controllers, so we're set melee wise. Also have brawl. Will soon have smash 4 for wii u.

I have three players who will for sure show up, myself included. I'm sure we'd all benefit greatly. I haven't played melee in about 6 years so I need to be introduced to pro level play.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Ah dude I totally understand. How's about we put together a little event? I have melee in my possession and four controllers, so we're set melee wise. Also have brawl. Will soon have smash 4 for wii u.

I have three players who will for sure show up, myself included. I'm sure we'd all benefit greatly. I haven't played melee in about 6 years so I need to be introduced to pro level play.
Yea that sounds great, but where exactly are you located? I'm in salinas right now, will likely be moving to marina soon. If you're close enough ill show up for sure.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Yea that sounds great, but where exactly are you located? I'm in salinas right now, will likely be moving to marina soon. If you're close enough ill show up for sure.
I live in king city right now, but I have a friend in Carmel who wouldn't mind hosting a little smash fest. King City is lame but we have a small movie theatre here that lets people reserve and play games on their screens. Mostly call of duty fans use it. Was thinking about hosting a tournament there someday, would be pretty epic.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
I live in king city right now, but I have a friend in Carmel who wouldn't mind hosting a little smash fest. King City is lame but we have a small movie theatre here that lets people reserve and play games on their screens. Mostly call of duty fans use it. Was thinking about hosting a tournament there someday, would be pretty epic.
Yea that sounds cool, if anything changes or if anything smash related happens feel free to text me.

SaucyMcYolo

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm also in the 831 area looking to find a consistent smash scene for Wii u. Not much practice around here so I'm stuck with laggy internet matches.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Hello, I'm also in the 831 area looking to find a consistent smash scene for Wii u. Not much practice around here so I'm stuck with laggy internet matches.
Hey Saucy!!!! It's me Bryson! Great to see you on the boards!! I keep forgetting to tell everyone to join here so I'm super glad to see you went ahead on your own and did!!

As for everyone else, I've been doing my best to get people involved with smash and the community. I'm hoping you're all making progress with both your gameplay and local scene, It's not easy by any means but so worth it. Every weekend I try to host at least one smash fest at my pad, and I'm constantly getting people into our local NorCal Facebook smash 4 community. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorcalSmash4/

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Yo, not exactly CenCal, but Morgan Hill reporting in. Scene is literally dead here, closes place I know of to hold any kind of weekly is SJSU. Don't have my own wheels yet, but the VTA can take me to most anywhere I need to get to in the area. I'll keep an eye on this thread, and let you guys know if I can make it to anything if it's close enough, I'm really looking for some people to get practice in with, Netplay just isn't cutting it anymore.

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, looks like I am a little late to the party =/. I'm going to represent two players with this account, myself and my good friend of mine, because we just agreed it to be easier. So we are basically the only major scene happening here in PG, and no-one else seems to be that interested. We host smash like 2-3 times a week generally, but never anything that the other guys are too serious about. I just found this thread and it seems like a god send, I'll direct some other people to it as I go. I was just hoping that we could all plan something out, because I feel like it'd be awesome to connect with people outside of my school for something as awesome as smash. We personally have Melee, Brawl, Project M, and SSB4 w/ respective consoles. (Brother took OG to the SF D,= ) If you guys ever get anything serious planned/and or need help planning, please don't hesitate to ask!

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
I'm just hoping this thread didn't die, I love this game too much for it to have just up and disappeared in the central cali scene.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
@ ValkoreTheUnlcean ValkoreTheUnlcean thats great! I'd love to plan something out and don't worry, the scene isn't dead. there are tons of people playing but no current way to connect us all! I'd love to do everything I can to help. I have friends over to my house weekly for smash 4, don't currently have any other smash title but I will play them all. I'm basically getting a crew together and would love to direct a lot of them here. I've had some good success in finding strong players who love playing the game, and I find more all the time so I think we're off to a good start. we just gotta get everyone talking :D

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Maybe consider starting up a Skype Group or an invite-only Facebook group for the Valley. Something to get people networking and meeting other local smashers would be nice; it'd at least be easier to show to friends who aren't on Smashboards that may be interested.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'm in Salinas also, have run a few tournaments and would like to do a big local in 2015, but I work a lot :/. Trying to find Amiibo trainers for Smash 4 at this point so I can test what I have.

--GCII

The Game II

Smash Champion
For you guys in Monterey County, would you be up for a big tourney at Embassy Suites? I've run events there in the past and wouldn't mind putting together an event there. LMK. Probably wouldn't be until the summer.

--GCII

BrendanH117

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm a highschool student from Salinas, and I host one of the scenes at my school. We play Melee and Project M. We gather about 7 people, but only about 4 of us play seriously. We're still far from competitive level, though. I'd love to help out and get a scene going. EDIT: I see a lot of people play Smash 4 but wanna play others. I have a Gamecube w/ Melee and a Wii w/ Project M. I don't mind hauling the Gamecube around, so if people wanna play Melee, I can bring equipment.

Last edited:

Supertramps

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm a highschool student from Salinas, and I host one of the scenes at my school. We play Melee and Project M. We gather about 7 people, but only about 4 of us play seriously. We're still far from competitive level, though. I'd love to help out and get a scene going.
I am part of this high school group of friends. We definitely want to start something

GhettoTastic

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm a highschool student from Salinas, and I host one of the scenes at my school. We play Melee and Project M. We gather about 7 people, but only about 4 of us play seriously. We're still far from competitive level, though. I'd love to help out and get a scene going. EDIT: I see a lot of people play Smash 4 but wanna play others. I have a Gamecube w/ Melee and a Wii w/ Project M. I don't mind hauling the Gamecube around, so if people wanna play Melee, I can bring equipment.
Hello, I am Garrett. I'm a Marth main that also lives in Salinas ( in the south side, next to YMCA ) and am trying to work my way into the competitive scene. I practice (sadly by myself) all the time and only get in games of friendlies with my few friends whenever they feel like playing (which is hardly often to never lately).

I am free almost all of the time and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS want to play melee, and I have a lot of time to practice lately as I am waiting for next school semester to start.
I am only into Melee as far as smash games go. I would play PM but only a few games for fun, not to get deep and practice all that match in it. Not into Brawl nor Smash 4 whatsoever.

*** INVITE ME TO PLAY, ANYTIME ***
If you hit me up to play in Salinas, I would most likely be able to ride my motorized bike over. If I can get a ride within Salinas that is always even better, but I won't have my own car until March/April.

My main goal is to find a nice community to grow into the competitive scene with and hopefully start getting known in the melee community.

Last edited:

Nvader

Smash Rookie
What's up guys! I'm in the Marina area and I've been mainly playing Smash 4 right now. I play Melee and PM casually since I don't know squat about tech haha. I post often on the NorCal Smash 4 FB group but if anyone wants to hit me up and play some matches on or offline, I'm down.

Really like the idea of starting a tourney nearby, that would be dope!

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
Hey guys, Marina resident here, I would be super game for a local scene, though I'm primarily focused on Smash 4 at the moment (Want to learn PM and Melee down the line, but I should probably get decent at Smash 4 before that.) There's really not much for a competitive Smasher to do in this area (without driving a bit upstate) so it'd be cool to be engaged with a local scene and a lot easier on me as a college student.

Please don't give up on creating a local scene here, guys! You have my full support.

Top Bottom