• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Cali Smash World ( Salinas, Seaside, Monterey, Watsonvile, Carmel, Gilroy, ect )

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
Do you think the marina teen center would be down to host a small tourney? Or maybe a thing at the "monterey side" of the Laguna grande park?
You know, that's actually a really good idea. I've only been there once wayyyy back in the day back when I was a middle school Goof, but I'd be completely down to check in to it. If hypothetically we can get one there, would the players here be okay with the tournament being in Marina? Like I live here and even I know it's pretty out of the way and tiny lol.

I've not sure I've ever been to Laguna grande park (but given that this area is so small, I most likely have) but if you think something could work there, I'd be completely okay with that.

CaptainPavelski

Smash Rookie
You know, that's actually a really good idea. I've only been there once wayyyy back in the day back when I was a middle school Goof, but I'd be completely down to check in to it. If hypothetically we can get one there, would the players here be okay with the tournament being in Marina? Like I live here and even I know it's pretty out of the way and tiny lol.

I've not sure I've ever been to Laguna grande park (but given that this area is so small, I most likely have) but if you think something could work there, I'd be completely okay with that.
If everyone is in Monterey/Seaside and Salinas area, Marina is a perfect middle lol. Me and a friend would have like Project M sessions at the teen center for hours so I know we can play. In just not sure if they'd be down to host an event. As for the park, on the "Monterey side" (which is basically the other half of the pretty small park, there's a small party area with shade, tables, outlets, and a volleyball court. That would be perfect if people were feeling an outdoor thing would work

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hey, I just moved to Lemoore, which is dead center of Cali and in the desert where the sun is pierces the skin harder than a crossbow bolt at point blank. I don't know if that is part of this but yeah.

metanight1311

Smash Rookie
NNID
metaknight1311
3DS FC
1633-4405-3849
Hey guys. I'm a smasher (mainly smash 4) who's looking to enter the competitive scene. I reside in the Tulare County area. If any1 can direct me to groups or upcoming tourneys, that would be great!

metanight1311

Smash Rookie
NNID
metaknight1311
3DS FC
1633-4405-3849
Hey Guys. I'm a smasher who's looking to get into the competitive scene. I mainly play smash 4 but I'm willing to play any smash game. I reside in the Tulare County area. If any1 could direct me to groups or upcoming tourneys in this area, that would be great!

EnzoTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
EnzoTheGreat
If everyone is in Monterey/Seaside and Salinas area, Marina is a perfect middle lol. Me and a friend would have like Project M sessions at the teen center for hours so I know we can play. In just not sure if they'd be down to host an event. As for the park, on the "Monterey side" (which is basically the other half of the pretty small park, there's a small party area with shade, tables, outlets, and a volleyball court. That would be perfect if people were feeling an outdoor thing would work

I would totally be down for that as I commute to Marina everyday for work.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Who in this will actually hold something? I'm down to play!

Down_With_Gravity

Smash Rookie
Who in this will actually hold something? I'm down to play!
I might be able to host something small at my house. I'm thinking something casual just to meet up and play. If people are down to bring like an extra tv or a wii and some controllers or just something to help out that would be great. If i get enough interest on this post I can start working something out. FYI i live in Salinas so keep that in mind if you have to drive into town. Also I'm thinking about 2 weeks from now as far as the time line goes.
What I can supply:
-At least 1 tv maybe more
-Wii with 4 controllers
-Melee
-PM

Last edited:

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I might be able to host something small at my house. I'm thinking something casual just to meet up and play. If people are down to bring like an extra tv or a wii and some controllers or just something to help out that would be great. If i get enough interest on this post I can start working something out. FYI i live in Salinas so keep that in mind if you have to drive into town. Also I'm thinking about 2 weeks from now as far as the time line goes.
I can do with 2 weeks. I don't have a controller or a wii but I will be able to get it if given enough time. Not sure if you have a GC port or not but if not then, ill look to get one. As far as a TV, I'm not sure about that but I'll see what I can do.

Down_With_Gravity

Smash Rookie
I can do with 2 weeks. I don't have a controller or a wii but I will be able to get it if given enough time. Not sure if you have a GC port or not but if not then, ill look to get one. As far as a TV, I'm not sure about that but I'll see what I can do.
Sounds good, thank you for showing interest! I don't have a GC port, but i can ask a friend if I can borrow his for the day.
PS I accidentally hit report on your comment instead of reply lol. Sorry about that. I hope no problems come from it.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, fail moment indeed XP

Anyway I'll see what I can do and keep putting in practice on my 3DS

Pwndahbear

Smash Rookie
I will be in the area august 1st to the 16th if anyone wants to do some Smash 4 or PM. I'm just looking for a scene where I can play some games Q__Q

Last edited:

gamecmdr

Smash Rookie
Is there a facebook page for smash in the general area (I'm from Carmel valley) or is this thread pretty much all we got for trying to get people together to play smash?

ARON?

Smash Apprentice
Is there a facebook page for smash in the general area (I'm from Carmel valley) or is this thread pretty much all we got for trying to get people together to play smash?
Assuming you play melee, you can try the official norcal melee page.

SuppyBoyX

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuppyBoyX
Hey guys, I was wondering if this thing was alive. I am A highschooler from Watsonville, I go to PV I play Melee and 4 for the wii u. I really just want some fellow smashers to play with. Anybody hmu via pm or skype (SuppyBoyX) my NNID is SuppyBoyX

EnzoTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
EnzoTheGreat
Hey guys, I was wondering if this thing was alive. I am A highschooler from Watsonville, I go to PV I play Melee and 4 for the wii u. I really just want some fellow smashers to play with. Anybody hmu via pm or skype (SuppyBoyX) my NNID is SuppyBoyX

Yep! still livin! alright cool I will add you a bit later. If anyone is interested there is going to be a tournament on august 15th at the Salinas Northridge mall. it starts at 1pm and is being hosted by the store named "Gamers In Control".

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Yeah it would be fun because there is no smash scene in Salinas. Just looking to have fun and meet some fellow smashers!
Made a post over their event page yesterday. If you see me, you may friend me if you want over there. I had made a new facebook account after shutting mines years ago so I am pretty much opened to smash players who want to hit me up.

SuppyBoyX

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuppyBoyX
Yep! still livin! alright cool I will add you a bit later. If anyone is interested there is going to be a tournament on august 15th at the Salinas Northridge mall. it starts at 1pm and is being hosted by the store named "Gamers In Control".
OMG sweet, thamk you for informing me about this. I will definitely see you there.

Dewott_Gamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamer999
Hello High schooler from Salinas here! New to the competitive Smash 4 Scene(Main Ness/Rob) does any one know of any more tournaments being hosted besides the one at the mall which I would have joined but is full... This seems to be starting a great community and I would like to join!

SuppyBoyX

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuppyBoyX
Hello High schooler from Salinas here! New to the competitive Smash 4 Scene(Main Ness/Rob) does any one know of any more tournaments being hosted besides the one at the mall which I would have joined but is full... This seems to be starting a great community and I would like to join!
There's supposed to be a few tournaments starting up at someone's house in salinas, i don't know when the next one is cause i didnt go but ill keep you informed. But just go to the tournament in the mall to get to know people, I'll be there wearing a nametag :3

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
There's supposed to be a few tournaments starting up at someone's house in salinas, i don't know when the next one is cause i didnt go but ill keep you informed. But just go to the tournament in the mall to get to know people, I'll be there wearing a nametag :3
Didn't show up to that one but if there is a next one seeing how it went smoothly, I think the person will end up hosting again. Likely not this week because he'd be overshadowed by the Mall's event @ GiC.

Last edited:

gamecmdr

Smash Rookie
Wish I'd known about the tourney before it was full, if anyone learns about any more definitely post em here so I can see!

Ohknee

Smash Rookie
NNID
ohkneee
oh i guess im pretty stupid for not coming here in the first place, but i'm a smash 4 player from Salinas and i've been hosting tournaments at my house since the end of summer. They consistently get at least 16 players, I even recognize a few of you guys in here. I made a facebook group for Salinas but we've been getting players from watsonville and soledad as well so youre all welcome to join! Heres the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/837092769739997/

D_E_T

Smash Rookie
NNID
LegitBoss
Sup guys! Fellow smasher from Marina! It's so dead in this area, glad to see there are some needles in this haystack lol. Yeah I'm so down to meet up with the fellow smashers in the area. Only play Sm4sh. Look me up on Kik (Username: Darkhylianinterloper, name: LeVic TheDeiTy) or add on WiiU: LegitBoss

Jesu_Hadouken

Smash Rookie
Hiya, I reside from the Watsonville area, I've gone to UCSC for the Fight Nights but I'm looking for something closer. I'm a bus ride away to Salinas. New to Smash 4 and willing to learn the game ground up, I generally come from a SFIV and KoF background.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Well 0hknee hosts tournaments biweekly on Saturdays around 1pm his own Garage. He has a facebook group called "Salinas Super Smash Bros 4" Its just a search away. He's hosting this Saturday. (see the link in post #115)

In Soledad (which is a ride on bus 21 IIRC From Salinas to King City) in a Pizzaria called "Gourmet Pizza" they have Game Nights and hold tournaments too. This Friday they will be holding a singles.

https://www.facebook.com/NighTimeGa...5541973634000/443153419206188/?type=3&theater

Jesu_Hadouken

Smash Rookie
I have to apologize, for 0hknee's house its actually on the 3rd of October. But yeah no problem. I hope you can make it tomorrow in Gourmet Pizza.
No worries. Oct 3rd I'll remember. Ah that Gourmet Pizza sounds familiar, another guy (Marvel player) has been spreading the word around bout that event. I think he goes by DavidNerd.

Top Bottom