• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Cali Smash World ( Salinas, Seaside, Monterey, Watsonvile, Carmel, Gilroy, ect )

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see so many new posts :D
If anyone's interested, Prombay's next event this Saturday is going to be in Cupertino. Kind of out of the way but I'm interested in going and figured maybe someone would might be interested as well. Also, check out smashladder for any other people who play on PC like myself. There's a pretty strong WC scene, and you can defs find matches for all the games for practice, 64 and Sm4sh were recently added.

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, So I made a FB Group called Central Coast Smashers and would love you guys to join! I just need you guys to look it up and join the group, then we can get serious about planning stuff!

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Maybe consider starting up a Skype Group or an invite-only Facebook group for the Valley. Something to get people networking and meeting other local smashers would be nice; it'd at least be easier to show to friends who aren't on Smashboards that may be interested.

Hey, so I started a facebook group for Central Cali so we can all get together and smash out, called Central Coast Smashers! You (plus everyone here) should definitely join.

Last edited:

Jmorales12

Smash Rookie
Any upcoming tournaments? I'm from Newman ca. I seem to be the only one in this town that plays smash brothers. So I don't really know if I'm good enough to be entering myself in competitions.

Salty Senpai

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone.
I've been reading these forums at work for some time now but just made an account today.
I'm a pretty dedicated smasher. Im on that project M hype, I still love melee tho.
I just moved to Watsonville and I'd LOVE to host some practice sessions on the regular, my nights are pretty free.
Seriously guys don't be shy to hit me up! My pad is super chill and I have the smash stamina of a god, I can play for hours on end without getting bored in the slightest.
I got the PM set-up with 4 controllers (in case we wanna practice teams)
Lets do this! Lets grow and put ourselves on the map for real!
If you guys send me a message, ill send one back with my cell # and we can get this thing goin.
Edit: I don't have a Facebook (I know crazy huh?)

Last edited:

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Once again, PromBay #11 will be taking place at Vallco Mall in Cupertino this Saturday. They need at least a 30 person turnout to continue it being a biweekly, so come and check it out. We had All-Star Stamina Wrap around mode on for the side event, **** was chaos. And for those who can't find it, our good friend @ ValkoreTheUnlcean ValkoreTheUnlcean made a facebook page here for CenCal smash. There's another group here as well, so be sure to check them out. I didn't use facebook after I deleted mine several years ago simply on principal, but I've since relented and made an account just for smash since using smashboards exclusively leaves a lot of tournaments out of the realm of discovery.

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Any upcoming tournaments? I'm from Newman ca. I seem to be the only one in this town that plays smash brothers. So I don't really know if I'm good enough to be entering myself in competitions.
1. FIxed the name, Central Coast Smashers
2. There is a tournament in Cupertino this saturday, and one on the 28th in Redwood City. Cupertino is project M and Redwood is Sm4sh

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Also a great app for you guys (IK Its on android, don't know bout IOS) Is the Smash Bros. Locator. Lets you know which other smashers are near you and which versions they play.

EnzoTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
EnzoTheGreat
Hey guys! Ive been reading these posts and wanted to say that I am from Salinas and been wanting to enter the competitive Smash scene. I've only started with smash for the wii u and wanted to know if anyone else is up for playing! I want to learn from other good players!

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Ive been reading these posts and wanted to say that I am from Salinas and been wanting to enter the competitive Smash scene. I've only started with smash for the wii u and wanted to know if anyone else is up for playing! I want to learn from other good players!
My friend and I are always down to play, but we have trouble with transportation, so it's mostly online. More than happy to play if you send us your nnid

EnzoTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
EnzoTheGreat
My friend and I are always down to play, but we have trouble with transportation, so it's mostly online. More than happy to play if you send us your nnid
Yeah Definitely! My nnid is EnzoTheGreat Im usually on at night and will be on tonight after work at 11. Just wanna get something going and have fun!

The Game II

Smash Champion
Great to see you all are playing and wanting to meet up. Going to do my best to get something going. Not a big tourney to start but we need meetups to get consistent.

Me personally I'm looking for Amiibo trainers to test my own against others. Will be heading to SoCal this weekend for an Amiibo tourney, and then I'm going to put out a Chipotle bounty on my own Amiibos soon (maybe April 4). If there's interest, I'll do it in Sand City instead of San Jose. Let me know.

--GCII

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Great to see you all are playing and wanting to meet up. Going to do my best to get something going. Not a big tourney to start but we need meetups to get consistent.

Me personally I'm looking for Amiibo trainers to test my own against others. Will be heading to SoCal this weekend for an Amiibo tourney, and then I'm going to put out a Chipotle bounty on my own Amiibos soon (maybe April 4). If there's interest, I'll do it in Sand City instead of San Jose. Let me know.

--GCII
Just getting into amiibos but I'm very interested. Maybe some friendlies involved/ side Tourney on top of amiibos?

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn

--GCII

Just getting into amiibos but I'm very interested. Maybe some friendlies involved/ side Tourney on top of amiibos?
I wasn't aware that competitive Amiibo tourneys were a thing, but I'd be down to try it.

I agree that having friendlies on the side would be amazing, I wouldn't even care if it wasn't a tournament, it'd just be nice to be at an event and play some Smash with fellow Central California Smashers.

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
I wasn't aware that competitive Amiibo tourneys were a thing, but I'd be down to try it.

I agree that having friendlies on the side would be amazing, I wouldn't even care if it wasn't a tournament, it'd just be nice to be at an event and play some Smash with fellow Central California Smashers.
Same here, but if someone wants to set up a meet up in Sand City, which works fine for me location wise, then I'm down to follow his parameters.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Well I was going to try an Amiibo meetup on the 28th in San Jose but screw it let's do it at Chipotle Sand City. I'll get all the details finalized tonight.

--GCII

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Well I was going to try an Amiibo meetup on the 28th in San Jose but screw it let's do it at Chipotle Sand City. I'll get all the details finalized tonight.

--GCII
Oh dude, if that's going to take away the possibility of those people in San Jose than please, by all means we can wait. Don't skimp out on those in San Jose for us Central Cali Amiibo novices (Speaking for myself dont know bout the rest of you.)

The Game II

Smash Champion
Oh dude, if that's going to take away the possibility of those people in San Jose than please, by all means we can wait. Don't skimp out on those in San Jose for us Central Cali Amiibo novices (Speaking for myself dont know bout the rest of you.)
Well I live in Salas so I'll take a 20-minute drive over 50 minutes. If hardcore San Jose people want to play me for a free burrito, they can come down here, nbd

--GCII

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Well I live in Salas so I'll take a 20-minute drive over 50 minutes. If hardcore San Jose people want to play me for a free burrito, they can come down here, nbd

--GCII
Sounds good to me then, let's see how Miss Booty (My peach Amiibo) turns out, maybe she'll actually put up a fight =D

ModernSqueezingHurts

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ouch42
3DS FC
3067-7181-9501
Yo, from the Salinas area, mostly looking for people who wanna train and stuff on the 3DS. Online is perfect! If you guys have any useful info or links to local tourneys or meet ups or something, I'd be interested

Talk to me im skype too: pkshep8

Last edited:

PartyPoison831

Smash Rookie
NNID
partypoison831
Wow, I didn't really expect to find Watsonville anywhere on this site, count me in. dm me, skype me (ThePartyPoison831) whatever, just keep me involved please.

heehoo10

Smash Rookie
Hi all, I just moved to Marina for the summer for an internship. I'm not too great, but i'm looking to get better at sm4sh and try and maybe start learning melee. Id be down to play whenev and probably down to travel to nearby tourneys

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
Hi all, I just moved to Marina for the summer for an internship. I'm not too great, but i'm looking to get better at sm4sh and try and maybe start learning melee. Id be down to play whenev and probably down to travel to nearby tourneys
Haha, sweet, a fellow Marina Smasher. Sadly, there's not many tourneys around this area, most of us play on Wi-Fi from what I see. I was gonna try and see if there would be a way to start up something here, but it's never easy to get something started so it may be a while until I can get enough support and funding for that kind of thing.

Anywho, welcome to the small foggy town of Marina, friend. If you ever want to play over Wi-fi or something, feel free to shoot me a pm so we can share IDs or even play in person.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Hello all,

I play Smash 4 and main a very confident Mega Man. If there are any tournaments in the area or if you'd like to meet, let me know because I visit Salinas a lot and live very near there. I'm willing to practice, learn and exchange Smash 4 tech.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
We should probably meet one of these days if there's ever a nearby event or something.
I'm part of the Central Cali Facebook group and they post events that will be happening. Just yesterday I attended a tournament of decent size, I believe it affected our PR but I may be wrong. Other than that I don't plan on going to events that are to far from where I live cause I'm not of age where I can drive myself.

Last edited:

heehoo10

Smash Rookie
Yeah, let's get together and smash it up sometime, I need frendz :| lol
I have a 3ds, but if someone has a wii u version that would be baller

Also, is that Facebook group a thing? I couldn't find it, can someone link it?

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yeah, let's get together and smash it up sometime, I need frendz :| lol
I have a 3ds, but if someone has a wii u version that would be baller

Also, is that Facebook group a thing? I couldn't find it, can someone link it?
Can't right now unfortunately since I'm at school and it's blocked but it should be called CentralCali Official Smash group or something, there's a public group for it.

CaptainPavelski

Smash Rookie
For you guys in Monterey County, would you be up for a big tourney at Embassy Suites? I've run events there in the past and wouldn't mind putting together an event there. LMK. Probably wouldn't be until the summer.

--GCII
That would be amazing. i live like 3 minutes walking distance from ES, It'd be perfect to get a smash scene in the area.

EnzoTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
EnzoTheGreat
Nice to see this thread still "Livin" haha. I'm up for any local tournaments as I live in Salinas. If anyone wants to play over wifi just shoot a message I'm always up for learning new setups, techs, etc :)

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
I'd really like to help with that in some way since I'm nearby if we can gather enough people and equipment for such.
I second this. If anyone is ever planning to start a tourney in the near Monterey or Marina area or around there, shoot me a PM. I'd be thrilled to help this area get some sort of local scene started.

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
We could start with pretty small tournaments or even just smashers night out and then make them much larger. The only thing is we would need to find 8-16 consistent players to keep a strong tournament scene. In reality, I'd feel we all have to start slow and break the ice. What, there's like only four of us here that actually live nearby each other and want to play smash locally... So why not just do that until we're tournament standard?

Edit: Feel free to message me or add me on the Wii U if you'd like.

Last edited:

CaptainPavelski

Smash Rookie
I second this. If anyone is ever planning to start a tourney in the near Monterey or Marina area or around there, shoot me a PM. I'd be thrilled to help this area get some sort of local scene started.
Do you think the marina teen center would be down to host a small tourney? Or maybe a thing at the "monterey side" of the Laguna grande park?

Top Bottom