• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

koffdropz

Smash Rookie
I was thinking Wolf would be released alongside the new Starfox game, as the Falco amiibo is being released later than the rest of the cast as well. Maybe even a "preorder Starfox, get Wolf" type of deal. But with the game delayed, I don't know what to think.
Same

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I was thinking Wolf would be released alongside the new Starfox game, as the Falco amiibo is being released later than the rest of the cast as well. Maybe even a "preorder Starfox, get Wolf" type of deal. But with the game delayed, I don't know what to think.
I thought the same thing. But he better not hold wolf back because of the delay. We've been waiting almost 6 months for him. Making us wait for another 5, is completely arbitrary and unfair considering lucas, mewtwo and roy fans got there characters shortly after dlc started.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Well, the weekend starts tomorrow and Oct. 14 (the rumored Direct) is around the corner. Let's see what happens.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Wolf: You fools! What are you idiots up to now!?
Us: Wolf! You're here!
Sakurai: That you, Wolf?
Wolf: You're on my turf now.
Wolf: Watch...your...step...Sakurai!
Leon: Ha ha! I think I'll torment you a bit before I cook you!
Panther: Allow me to introduce myself. I am Panther...and I won't be appearing in this game outside of a Lylat Cruise Cameo!
Sakurai: We're just here for newcomers, ok? Shut your traps and move over.
Wolf: Newcomers?! Don't know anything about newcomers...
Wolf: But there is one thing...
Wolf: ...I'm owed an apology, and I WILL have it!

Damn it Leon! This all sort of worked out until you opened your trap! I can't think of a way to turn his line into something more related so it's just kinda...there. Also, people that never played or watched Assault have no idea what I'm going on about xD. Odds are this was done better, earlier before I joined.

Speaking of which, I joined right before we hit 200 pages and now we're close to 300. Wow time flies by, that and Wolf support keeps growing!

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Panther: Allow me to introduce myself. I am Panther...and I won't be appearing in this game outside of a Lylat Cruise Cameo!

That was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Unless it comes straight from the horse's mouth, I ain't believing any leaks. We'll have to just wait it out. This stuff is stressing us out.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I didn't get to vote for Wolf in the Ballot, but I still like him and support him.

What can I say? I'm into characters with a history of being leaders of Space Pirates.

Furret24

Smash Master
I didn't get to vote for Wolf in the Ballot, but I still like him and support him.

What can I say? I'm into characters with a history of being leaders of Space Pirates.
Space Pirates are cool. How could someone not like them?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Space Pirates are cool. How could someone not like them?
Samus. Ridley and his Space Pirates are responsible for her people's deaths on K2-L. Ridley ate Samus' mother, and boasted about it to Samus years later.

Wolf and Ridley have some similarities: they're space pirate leaders (or at least were), both were involved with the deaths of the protagonists' parents, both have an important part in the series canon, both are merciless and cunning. Maybe that's why I like both of them, I guess. Maybe they'd be secret pals.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I gotta say, if you have doubts about Wolf's inclusion just listen to his theme on the Red disc in the CD pack (or find it on Youtube). It really restores your hope.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Samus. Ridley and his Space Pirates are responsible for her people's deaths on K2-L. Ridley ate Samus' mother, and boasted about it to Samus years later.

Wolf and Ridley have some similarities: they're space pirate leaders (or at least were), both were involved with the deaths of the protagonists' parents, both have an important part in the series canon, both are merciless and cunning. Maybe that's why I like both of them, I guess. Maybe they'd be secret pals.
Yet you main...Kirby? Nothing against Kirby but that's a pretty huge difference

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I simply voted "Wolf" and game "Star Fox".
So yeah, a lot of people knows Wolf O'Donnell as simply Wolf, because many don't know how to write his surname correctly.

(NOT MY CASE) XD
Most people just refer to him as wolf because there's no real to, there's no other important character called wolf I can think of.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Perhaps my Starfox knowledge is a bit rusty but I don't recall Wolf having anything to do with James' death. Pigma was part of team Starfox along with James and Peppy. Pigma betrayed James and Peppy. I believe he either sent them into a trap made by Andross or simply left them while confronting Andross. Peppy made it out alive but not James. Sometime after that, Fox becomes the leader of Starfox and Falco and Slippy join and Pigma joins Star Wolf. Nowhere in that do I recall Wolf and James interacting let alone Wolf being the cause of his death.

Heck, Wolf kicks Pigma out of his group between 64 and Assault (possibly during Adventures) because he knows Pigma is a traitorous swine.

Otherwise, yeah, your point of Wolf and Ridley being space pirates is roughly accurate. Wolf is more of a mercenary though but he does command a somewhat large group as shown in Assault. Your other points are fine =P

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Read the top comments. The best rated ones are great, well made/ written and restored my hope :)
Glad to hear that man.

It's a shame some people are downvoting the top comments including mine out of spite.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Yet you main...Kirby? Nothing against Kirby but that's a pretty huge difference
Kirby not a space pirate

Kirby eats families for breakfast,lunch,and din-din.YOU DONT FREAKING UNDERESTIMATE KIRBY MAN.

Damn it Leon! This all sort of worked out until you opened your trap! I can't think of a way to turn his line into something more related so it's just kinda...there. Also, people that never played or watched Assault have no idea what I'm going on about xD. Odds are this was done better, earlier before I joined.

Speaking of which, I joined right before we hit 200 pages and now we're close to 300. Wow time flies by, that and Wolf support keeps growing!
Sakurai wanted a newcomer,Leon took that spot woth Wolf

I stil think we should have Wolf with a cyborg alternate from 64,maybe even Leon,if we get him.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...interesting...

Never done the conquest before, but it's really between these three? That does seem odd.

I do think that these arguments are meaningless grasping-at-straws-type arguments since I've seen these so many times to absolutely no avail, but I'm still hoping for this to be the one time it's actually something.

If they gave us Wolf, K.Rool, and Ridley, I would not be able to function from all the hype. I think Smashboards would explode

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Ok, I'm false hoping myself hard here.

So, the metroid, DK, and StarFox conquest is true:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_conquests_(SSB4-Wii_U)

It ends Oct. 16.

This supposed reliable dataminer states that there'll be a Direct on the 14 and a Splatoon? update on the 16. What if Smash joins in on the 16?

I don't know how to embed tweets, so here's the link:
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/647072477256937472
Not holding my breath for anything, but it would be nice if SOMETHING happened just so we're not completely in the dark.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 plan:
"Nintendos biggest franchises only get 2 reps. Tops! Best selling (Mario, Pokemon F&E) get 5-6"
:/
FE isn't a best seller. The original Donkey Kong Country sold more than all FE games combined.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
It is rather ironic, knowing that Metroid, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong (universe) each having two non-DLC representatives (the reason I said like that is because EarthBound also has two representatives, with Lucas being DLC) and no villain/rival being a playable character.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Perhaps my Starfox knowledge is a bit rusty but I don't recall Wolf having anything to do with James' death. Pigma was part of team Starfox along with James and Peppy. Pigma betrayed James and Peppy. I believe he either sent them into a trap made by Andross or simply left them while confronting Andross. Peppy made it out alive but not James. Sometime after that, Fox becomes the leader of Starfox and Falco and Slippy join and Pigma joins Star Wolf. Nowhere in that do I recall Wolf and James interacting let alone Wolf being the cause of his death.

Heck, Wolf kicks Pigma out of his group between 64 and Assault (possibly during Adventures) because he knows Pigma is a traitorous swine.

Otherwise, yeah, your point of Wolf and Ridley being space pirates is roughly accurate. Wolf is more of a mercenary though but he does command a somewhat large group as shown in Assault. Your other points are fine =P
My apologies, if that part with James McCloud that I saw was incorrect, it must've been bad information.

Darn you Star Fox wiki *shakes fist*.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge

They say he may have had a hand since he literally says "You'll be seeing your dad soon Fox!" when fighting him. He also says "You're nothing like your father." When you lose in Assault also. Just speculation so he may know something.

Upcoming 14th date, if nothing happens then there's dark times ahead for Wolf. :ohwell:

Top Bottom