• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Let's have a look at his biggest issues:
  • By far the slowest meteor cancel
  • Bad ecovery
  • Chaingrabs
The first and third issues would be nullified by Smash 4's mechanics, leaving only bad recovery as a big flaw. This would presumably be fixed, since Fox and Falco's were.

So yeah, Wolf would probably be better in 4 (unless we're nerfed into oblivion like Falco initially was).
:gawmelee:
Falco was the best of the spacies in Brawl right? And Wolf was the worst? I think we can expect some fairly good buffs, or at the very least he won't be nerfed

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
When did I say it Only helped K. rool?
Lol nevermind, to each their own. Either the costume supposedly alludes to KKR's inclusion or it's Sakurai's consolation for not being able to come up with concepts for him

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Falco was the best of the spacies in Brawl right? And Wolf was the worst? I think we can expect some fairly good buffs, or at the very least he won't be nerfed
Nah, he'll probably be nerfed like Fox, but notice how Fox is better in 4, despite being nerfed. The same will probably happen to Wolf as well.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't accidentally write an essay about why Wolf should be in Smash. Or write "Wolf" as a fill-in-the-blank answer (unless it's a biology exam and wolves are relevant).
Haha no it was a discrete maths exam. About the closest thing I could do was prove that Wolf should be DLC by using implication but that wasn't a question that was asked :/

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
On the Brawl tier lists, Falco was in seventh place, Wolf was in fourteenth, and Fox was in fifteenth. I can see Wolf getting minor changes that end up buffing him, and the in-game mechanics working out for him in his favor. There's no reason to nerf Wolf, only change aspects of him which will just end up buffing him.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The removal of edge hogging automatically would make Wolf's recovery better. Add in being able to act out of Wolf Flash (which has a 99.9% chance of happening) and boom instant recovery buff.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
So, did anyone wrote to Omni or Shofu on twitter or something? Asking, what the wolf post means. Like, is tlinked to the recent "leak" or for the 3rd slot thing? Personal made up hype?

(I don´t expect much, but worth a try I assume...)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Let's have a look at his biggest issues:
  • By far the slowest meteor cancel
  • Bad ecovery
  • Chaingrabs
The first and third issues would be nullified by Smash 4's mechanics, leaving only bad recovery as a big flaw. This would presumably be fixed, since Fox and Falco's were.

So yeah, Wolf would probably be better in 4 (unless we're nerfed into oblivion like Falco initially was).

Wolf having bad recovery?

Are you crazy?

Wolfs side B is foxes but diagnial of going up and his up B is the same distance as fox.

You saying he sucks at coming back to the ring if he did have to recover

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Wolf having bad recovery?

Are you crazy?

Wolfs side B is foxes but diagnial of going up and his up B is the same distance as fox.

You saying he sucks at coming back to the ring if he did have to recover
Actually yeah, wolf having bad recovery took me by surprise when i first read it on the wiki. My friends weren't all that great and very rarely knocked me off the stage, i barely had to recover at all so i never noticed it. But once i booted brawl back up and faced lvl 9's, i noticed. The thing that's really bad for me is that wolf has a horrible ledge sweetspot when using fire wolf,and he barley moves while free falling.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Actually yeah, wolf having bad recovery took me by surprise when i first read it on the wiki. My friends weren't all that great and very rarely knocked me off the stage, i barely had to recover at all so i never noticed it. But once i booted brawl back up and faced lvl 9's, i noticed. The thing that's really bad for me is that wolf has a horrible ledge sweetspot when using fire wolf,and he barley moves while free falling.
the huge range of ledge snapping using Wolf Flash in Brawl is also a big flaw (well for me at least).

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
the huge range of ledge snapping using Wolf Flash in Brawl is also a big flaw (well for me at least).
True, but if they make so you can act out of wolf flash and into fire wolf, that should help alot. Also i hope the make fire wolf slide up the stage, i got stuck under the stage too many times in brawl.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
How about some comedy while we wait..? :p

Found this in another page of this thread, but figured to share it here, hehe.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Nah, the issue was on my end. I didn't check the list until after they updated it. Apparently it initially had the wrong list or something.
Yeah when I first checked it, Wolf wasn't on it, but they later corrected it, and now Wolf is at the number 1 spot. People want him back.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Someone find a fake leak, my false hope is running out.
Here you go: http://smashboards.com/attachments/1444342151402-png.77228/

This is supposed to be a leak of the official ballot results. Got it from the Krystal support thread. Although I think there might be truth to it. If that is just a hoax someone really put a thought into it given the spelling errors. It would make sense for people to vote just "Wolf" given that only his forename was displayed in the Brawl CSS. These votes are probably a mix of Starfox fans and those who just enjoyed Wolf in Brawl. Then we've got the "true" (in a lack of a better word) SF fans who'd use his full name. This is validated by the fact that the correctly written "Krystal" is ranked higher than "Crystal". Since the majority of her support knows her and are fans. "Crystal" might be the result of newcomers or (although I might give him more credit than he deserves) fans of this Jordan Sweeto guy who just do what he says. There might also other reasons I can't think of right now...I think K. Rool has the same principle going. However, this is just my opinion as a hobby analytic.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

This is supposed to be a leak of the official ballot results. Got it from the Krystal support thread. Although I think there might be truth to it. If that is just a hoax someone really put a thought into it given the spelling errors. It would make sense for people to vote just "Wolf" given that only his forename was displayed in the Brawl CSS. These votes are probably a mix of Starfox fans and those who just enjoyed Wolf in Brawl. Then we've got the "true" (in a lack of a better word) SF fans who'd use his full name. This is validated by the fact that the correctly written "Krystal" is ranked higher than "Crystal". Since the majority of her support knows her and are fans. "Crystal" might be the result of newcomers or (although I might give him more credit than he deserves) fans of this Jordan Sweeto guy who just do what he says. There might also other reasons I can't think of right now...I think K. Rool has the same principle going. However, this is just my opinion as a hobby analytic.
I'm upset about the lack of love for the pokemon veterans. I want them back because they were fun to play as, just like Wolf.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I'm upset about the lack of love for the pokemon veterans. I want them back because they were fun to play as, just like Wolf.
Never played Pokemon or played as these vets that much in Brawl so I can't really relate. But I kind of see their relevance as THE starter pokemons (or rather their evolutions). But it's been a while since first gen, hundreds of new pokemon are out and I'm pretty sure people would rather vote for some of them. Like Blaziken. So no surprise there, imo.

Furret24

Smash Master

Spongebob is 20.

Mach Rider is 30.
I would take this with a grain of salt.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Spongebob is 20.

Mach Rider is 30.
I would take this with a grain of salt.
Not to mention that Luffy (from One Piece I guess) is 12. But I noticed that this ranking is somewhat arbitrary an not based on percentage. Additionally the order of the nations are mixed up for some characters. I wonder if that means anything. Probably where the most votes for this character come from but then this would mean that the most SPongebob votes came from Japan... Any ideas?

Furret24

Smash Master
Not to mention that Luffy (from One Piece I guess) is 12. But I noticed that this ranking is somewhat arbitrary an not based on percentage. Additionally the order of the nations are mixed up for some characters. I wonder if that means anything. Probably where the most votes for this character come from but then this would mean that the most SPongebob votes came from Japan... Any ideas?
Well, CFTKK came out in Japan.

Yeah, this list is fake.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Well, CFTKK came out in Japan.

Yeah, this list is fake.
Not neccessarily. True, entries like Spongebob may let this list appear to be fake especially since most of his votes are coming from Japan but if enough people make this joke vote it can come to this amount of votes. And Spongebob even appears to have a big and growing fanbase in Japan. But I admit, this seems farstretched. I think if this list is a fake (although it's well thought out) it comes close to the real one, though.

Aviterius

Smash Cadet
Not neccessarily. True, entries like Spongebob may let this list appear to be fake especially since most of his votes are coming from Japan but if enough people make this joke vote it can come to this amount of votes. And Spongebob even appears to have a big and growing fanbase in Japan. But I admit, this seems farstretched. I think if this list is a fake (although it's well thought out) it comes close to the real one, though.
The fact that it puts Wolf at first makes it a good list for me, no matter if it's a lie or not.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator

Tingle and Metroid? Fake

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman

Snake not in the top 10? Fake.

Furret24

Smash Master

Wolf over Wolf O' Donnell?

Fake. :troll:

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman

I wish that list is true lol. I voted Wolf initially, then I started voting with Wolf O'Donnell. I want Krystal in this game too, that list gives me hope.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Well it does correct people's sense when they say anyone being a shoe in or not, but it's not like people really do think that anymore. Dunno.

I've stopped expecting after July 30, when the drought was just there and we're left with fake leaks every day, or Mario Maker. From that time on, every time an update came, while everyone is expecting we finally having to end this and move on as a subforum, I could really say I expect nothing from the updates, and I wouldn't even be affected one bit by them. Because I've quite lost hope as time goes.

So yeah, if you want to know why I expect no characters (no specific characters), there you go. Quoting from Sourcegaming,
I’ve come to strongly believe that any fan thinking that any character is a “shoo-in” is unnecessary and will probably ultimately lead to disappointment.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Even without zero, wolf should be fine. I dont see lucas or roy getting games anytime soon. Considering wolf is almost as popular as king k friggin rool in his home country, sakurai better have a really good reason to leave out again. He hates cutting vets right? Well here's a perfect opportunity to bring a popular one back. No excuses.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
*would retweet if they cared enough to log in to Twitter* Though to be fair, I'd be fine with Chibi-Robo getting in. But this isn't either the Inkling or Chibi-Robo thread so moving on!

I'm not buying Dustin's "only one vet from each game" idea. He's grasping at straws imo. Sakurai's wording doesn't give me the vibe that he only wants to put in one from each game, and as others said, he DOES hate cutting vets. My money says the only reason they're holding off on Wolf is because they didn't want to put ALL of the vets up at once.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking Wolf would be released alongside the new Starfox game, as the Falco amiibo is being released later than the rest of the cast as well. Maybe even a "preorder Starfox, get Wolf" type of deal. But with the game delayed, I don't know what to think.

Top Bottom