• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I didn't bother to do research and as I said, my knowledge is rusty but I'd imagine it's less Wolf having anything to do with it and instead either Pigma told him or he simply knew the fate of Jame since team Star Fox is and was well known throughout the Lylat System and the news of the death of the leader would quickly spread. That being said, he could have been part of James' death. I don't think there's anything in the Starfox games deconfirming any involvement.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So i just had a depressing dream. It was somewhere in late 2016, and i was browsing YouTube when i came across "Projared's Top 10 Gaming Disappointments of 2015" I don't remember all of them, but one of them was the ff7 remake, doom, a new assassins creed and number one was the smash ballot.
"Coming in at number one, is unfortunately the smash bros fighter ballot. Now super smash bros is one of the most popular and unique cross over fighing games ever, so you can imagine the excitement fans felt when nintendo revealed the fighter ballot. This was finally a chance to let fans be truly heard. Throughout it's life cycle the ballot created tons of hype and even controversy. Fans were requesting the likes of king k rool, ridley, and returning vets wolf and snake, but who we got was somewhat...sh*tty. From april to june we got mewtwo, lucas, roy, and newcomer ryu. Shortly after, sakurai said in a famatsu interview stating, 'The four characters were pre-ballot and were in production shortly after the games release. But now we want to focus on fan service.' Now i don't know what fan service means in japan, but it certainly isn't what we thought it was. For the rest of the year...silence. No news of the ballot or upcoming characters, we did however get some new stages and some mii costumes, but it's the characters fans really wanted to see. Finally in January 2016, we got a news of a new character. They said it was a 'Fan favorite vet that was long overdue.' *gasp* Was it wolf? Or maybe even Snake? Nope, it was young link! Yup thats right just straight up young link. Pretty much exactly how he was in melee. Next up we got plusle with a minun alt or as everyone likes to call them F**KING PICHU 2.0!! Then we got metal mario, with a totally unique and cool moveset...psyche it's mario but with metal. The last character we got was, krystal from star fox. I'd be cool if she wasn't a fox clone tho. You thought wolf and falco were bad, krystal's only difference was that her blaster fired pink lasers instead of red. So obviously the fans weren't happy, so sakurai came out and said 'We didn't actually look at the ballot, we started on the characters last summer and just kinda guessed what people wanted to see. I guess we made some pretty bad predictions huh?' So there you have it the top 10 disappointments in 2015"

This isn't word for word accurare, but it's generally what went on. I rushed over to this thread and thank god none of that happened. I didn't have a good morning. Moral of the story...don't eat rainbow sherbert at 2 in the morning while watching character discussions on gamexplain.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I'm quite sure Fox's blaster is already pink tho

You have weird dreams

Also, Gaming disappoints at 2015, but the DLC comes at 2016? Dream Logic :L
---
Luckily for me I never really dreamt about the DLC content... Even if i actually did I just don't remember... Despite what I do every day since June is keep going on this site to do ballot poll analysis, talk ballot speculation and stuff...

What only happens every night, is that I grasp at the possibilities of effort failure and the worse situation that would happen alongside, and haunt myself to sleep :/

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
So i just had a depressing dream. It was somewhere in late 2016, and i was browsing YouTube when i came across "Projared's Top 10 Gaming Disappointments of 2015" I don't remember all of them, but one of them was the ff7 remake, doom, a new assassins creed and number one was the smash ballot.
"Coming in at number one, is unfortunately the smash bros fighter ballot. Now super smash bros is one of the most popular and unique cross over fighing games ever, so you can imagine the excitement fans felt when nintendo revealed the fighter ballot. This was finally a chance to let fans be truly heard. Throughout it's life cycle the ballot created tons of hype and even controversy. Fans were requesting the likes of king k rool, ridley, and returning vets wolf and snake, but who we got was somewhat...sh*tty. From april to june we got mewtwo, lucas, roy, and newcomer ryu. Shortly after, sakurai said in a famatsu interview stating, 'The four characters were pre-ballot and were in production shortly after the games release. But now we want to focus on fan service.' Now i don't know what fan service means in japan, but it certainly isn't what we thought it was. For the rest of the year...silence. No news of the ballot or upcoming characters, we did however get some new stages and some mii costumes, but it's the characters fans really wanted to see. Finally in January 2016, we got a news of a new character. They said it was a 'Fan favorite vet that was long overdue.' *gasp* Was it wolf? Or maybe even Snake? Nope, it was young link! Yup thats right just straight up young link. Pretty much exactly how he was in melee. Next up we got plusle with a minun alt or as everyone likes to call them F**KING PICHU 2.0!! Then we got metal mario, with a totally unique and cool moveset...psyche it's mario but with metal. The last character we got was, krystal from star fox. I'd be cool if she wasn't a fox clone tho. You thought wolf and falco were bad, krystal's only difference was that her blaster fired pink lasers instead of red. So obviously the fans weren't happy, so sakurai came out and said 'We didn't actually look at the ballot, we started on the characters last summer and just kinda guessed what people wanted to see. I guess we made some pretty bad predictions huh?' So there you have it the top 10 disappointments in 2015"

This isn't word for word accurare, but it's generally what went on. I rushed over to this thread and thank god none of that happened. I didn't have a good morning. Moral of the story...don't eat rainbow sherbert at 2 in the morning while watching character discussions on gamexplain.
Uhh...really don't know how to respond to this one...interesting to say the least.
What's the conquest title? Battle of the Criminally Under-Represented Franchises?
Fixed.;)

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

Holy hell, what a dream that was.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I remember that one dream I had a while back with Super Smash Bros. in it. Whilst it didn't feature Wolf or any gameplay, all I remember was that it was Super Smash Bros. as an arcade machine (Pikachu was on the side of the machine), with the dance mat to use for attacks... *shudder*

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
For those of you who've read @PushDustIn's article, I couldn't agree with him more, Wolf isn't shoo-in, he's popular, sure, highly requested, sure, and likely to be included, sure, but for people saying that he's shoo-in, that's just not true. No character is shoo-in no matter what the case, i do see him as likely, but not a character that is shoo-in. Sorry to rant, I just wanted to get this message out.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
For those of you who've read @PushDustIn's article, I couldn't agree with him more, Wolf isn't shoo-in, he's popular, sure, highly requested, sure, and likely to be included, sure, but for people saying that he's shoo-in, that's just not true. No character is shoo-in no matter what the case, i do see him as likely, but not a character that is shoo-in. Sorry to rant, I just wanted to get this message out.
Wolf isn't exactly a full shoo-in, but he is extremely likely.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Oh joy, we're bringing up politics. I'll be back when we stop bashing.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm quite sure Fox's blaster is already pink tho

You have weird dreams

Also, Gaming disappoints at 2015, but the DLC comes at 2016? Dream Logic :L
---
Luckily for me I never really dreamt about the DLC content... Even if i actually did I just don't remember... Despite what I do every day since June is keep going on this site to do ballot poll analysis, talk ballot speculation and stuff...

What only happens every night, is that I grasp at the possibilities of effort failure and the worse situation that would happen alongside, and haunt myself to sleep :/
I guess cause the smash ballot started in 2015 thats why it's on the list, but can't really argue with dream logic. Fox's always looked red to me, and krystal's was a hot neon pink...like legally blonde type of pink. Don't ask me why i know that. I've had quiet a few "wolf revealed as dlc" dreams, but this one was worth mentioning. Also i don't even watch pro jared all that much despite being subbed to him

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ah the joys of being an ignorant person, more specifically a non-American since I can imagine Americans are kinda forced to know who Trump and those other politicians are thanks to media and word of mouth.

More on topic, worry not fellow Wolf supporters! It's not a matter of if but when! Wolf WILL be in this game, he must if the likes of ****ing Roy came back (no offense to Roy supporters). It's all a matter of whether he'll be soon which there's support for thanks to the ballot and SF0 or if he'll be in near the end of Sm4sh's dlc life.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
More on topic, worry not fellow Wolf supporters! It's not a matter of if but when! Wolf WILL be in this game, he must if the likes of ****ing Roy came back (no offense to Roy supporters).
....Not gonna lie, as one who loves Roy and supported him until the end, that kinda hurt.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Ah the joys of being an ignorant person, more specifically a non-American since I can imagine Americans are kinda forced to know who Trump and those other politicians are thanks to media and word of mouth.

More on topic, worry not fellow Wolf supporters! It's not a matter of if but when! Wolf WILL be in this game, he must if the likes of ****ing Roy came back (no offense to Roy supporters). It's all a matter of whether he'll be soon which there's support for thanks to the ballot and SF0 or if he'll be in near the end of Sm4sh's dlc life.
I, too, want Wolf back and I'm convinced he is coming. However, while I am not into Roy as much as I am Wolf, instead of being mad that it wasn't Wolf that got released, I try to feel happy for those who have rooted for Roy's return since the beginning. Let's not bash other characters for their inclusion. When people talk about the Wolf thread, they should think "Wow, this thread is full of nice people! We should support them!" Of course, with the Ballot over with, it doesn't matter--but still, be fair and nice.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I, too, want Wolf back and I'm convinced he is coming. However, while I am not into Roy as much as I am Wolf, instead of being mad that it wasn't Wolf that got released, I try to feel happy for those who have rooted for Roy's return since the beginning. Let's not bash other characters for their inclusion. When people talk about the Wolf thread, they should think "Wow, this thread is full of nice people! We should support them!" Of course, with the Ballot over with, it doesn't matter--but still, be fair and nice.
Thank you. It was a hard journey as a Roy supporter, but I along with everyone else managed to pull through to the end.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I'd still vote for anyone over Donald Trump though, even Jeb Bush. If Trump becomes president, it'll be the end of the world.

And it would nice to have Wolf back again if they do bring him back but I'm not gonna get ahead of myself by saying he will but will only say I hope he makes it back. Plus most people only wanted Roy back for the wrong reasons, which is this "Roy's our boy" meme I've been seeing everywhere prior to his confirmation. I will say that I do play as him from time to time but he's nobody's boy.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Don't get me wrong guys. I enjoy Roy, he was fun in Melee and he's fun in this game too. I'm glad he's in the game. But his inclusion to me shows how low the bar is being set. Literally, all Roy has going for him is veteran status, as does Wolf. Roy doesn't mean much to the FE series. Marth is the first, Ike was the first to get 3D and has the deepest story (thank you Radiant Dawn) and Lucina and Robin are popularity inclusions.

Again, I mean no offense to Roy supporters but I refuse to believe in a world where Roy is an a-okay dlc inclusion and Wolf isn't.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Again, I mean no offense to Roy supporters but I refuse to believe in a world where Roy is an a-okay dlc inclusion, but Pichu and Young Link aren't.
Fixed.

Lucas is more similar to Ness than Wolf is to Fox. Spread the word.
[Soon, a picture of smile.jpg with Wolf in it will be here]

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong guys. I enjoy Roy, he was fun in Melee and he's fun in this game too. I'm glad he's in the game. But his inclusion to me shows how low the bar is being set. Literally, all Roy has going for him is veteran status, as does Wolf. Roy doesn't mean much to the FE series. Marth is the first, Ike was the first to get 3D and has the deepest story (thank you Radiant Dawn) and Lucina and Robin are popularity inclusions.

Again, I mean no offense to Roy supporters but I refuse to believe in a world where Roy is an a-okay dlc inclusion and Wolf isn't.
Series relevancy means nothing. Look at Sheik.

Furret24

Smash Master

I GUESS HE MADE SOME PRETTY BAD PREDICTIONS HUH?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

In all seriousness, i'd be perfectly fine with Young Link and Pichu Pluse/Minun getting in.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Don't get me wrong guys. I enjoy Roy, he was fun in Melee and he's fun in this game too. I'm glad he's in the game. But his inclusion to me shows how low the bar is being set. Literally, all Roy has going for him is veteran status, as does Wolf

Now this I agree with. Roy was only put in before Wolf because he already had a game to miss out on (Brawl) and had fans who waited a long time for his return.
And while Pichu was never planned for Brawl, you had Plusle and Minum data found and they probably would've been successorsto Pichu in same vein of Toon Link and Young Link. So even Pichu in a sense was worked on for Brawl. To end it off, I will say that the only cut veteran remaining that I will tolerate returning before Wolf is Snake

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Sheik is only still here though because she was a part of Zelda, then they had to separate them after both Melee and Brawl so of course they had to keep her
But still, if we're going by the logic Roy haters are using, she should've been cut entirely.

*sigh* Look, I don't wanna start another Roy argument. I'm just saying he's not deserving of all the hate he gets.

Furret24

Smash Master
But still, if we're going by the logic Roy haters are using, she should've been cut entirely.

*sigh* Look, I don't wanna start another Roy argument. I'm just saying he's not deserving of all the hate he gets.
I hate Roy, but not because of him bring in the game (I'd like to see all cut characters, even Snake and Young Link).

I just hate his forward smash.

Furret24

Smash Master
Well, Meta Knight is really light, and that Roy had 112% percent of rage...
Meta Knight isn't even that light (only 80 units) and Roy didn't have that much rage either. The move was stale too.

Could I mention that it kills Mario at 62% uncharged from the center of FD (in training mode)? That's even sooner than Bowser's.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Meta Knight isn't even that light (only 80 units) and Roy didn't have that much rage either. The move was stale too.

Could I mention that it kills Mario at 62% uncharged from the center of FD (in training mode)? That's even sooner than Bowser's.
I understand where you're coming from, but still:

1. His forward smash has always been like that and it's kind of a staple for him.

2. Marth's tippered forward smash kills earlier than that.

3: It's super punishable if whiffed, and Roy himself has plenty of flaws.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'll say it again, I don't hate Roy. However, his inclusion shows the bar is set quite low. Sheik is only in OoT but her role in that game and that game as a whole was a huge step forward for the Zelda series. Roy does not have that same impact on the FE series. Sheik lacks relevance but the same applies to R.O.B., G&W and Duck Hunt but they have significant history backing them up instead. Honestly, at this point we can say even Ganondorf isn't relevant. Recent relevance is Lucina, Dark Pit and especially Robin since he's not a clone. Significant history is Sheik, and the 3 retros. Roy is neither relevant or historically important to his series. He was added in Melee to advertise and was brought back purely for being loved by the Smash community. And Wolf has that same love and more.

No hate for Roy or his supporters but you can't tell me Wolf isn't a shoo in when Roy is in the game. I refuse to believe that. Yay for opinions.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'll say it again, I don't hate Roy. However, his inclusion shows the bar is set quite low. Sheik is only in OoT but her role in that game and that game as a whole was a huge step forward for the Zelda series. Roy does not have that same impact on the FE series. Sheik lacks relevance but the same applies to R.O.B., G&W and Duck Hunt but they have significant history backing them up instead. Honestly, at this point we can say even Ganondorf isn't relevant. Recent relevance is Lucina, Dark Pit and especially Robin since he's not a clone. Significant history is Sheik, and the 3 retros. Roy is neither relevant or historically important to his series. He was added in Melee to advertise and was brought back purely for being loved by the Smash community. And Wolf has that same love and more.

No hate for Roy or his supporters but you can't tell me Wolf isn't a shoo in when Roy is in the game. I refuse to believe that. Yay for opinions.
Well, Roy arguably saved the entire Fire Emblem series, but I don't wanna make a super long paragraph on it. I'm just gonna say I respect your opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom