• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well if it's any character besides wolf, i can't help but be disappointed. However if inklings are the next dlc, it'll give k rool fans some comfort in the fact costumes don't deconfirm characters. Still hoping for wolf tho. Also i don't buy that wolf k rool and bomberman leak. I'd be weird if they replaced snake with another character from the same company that's less popular than than him. Thats like if they cut sonic and replaced him with the monkey from monkey ball.
I still have no idea where this whole "Mii costumes = character deconfirmed" thing came from. I thought that fear was put to rest when :4metaknight: made his return. 'Cause, you know, there was a :4metaknight: mask early on, and people got a little antsy about it if I remember correctly. But we all knew he was coming back anyway. But I suppose in reality it might not be the same case for some of the other costumes of characters people are hoping for. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

Personally, Bomberman would be a more appealing choice, as i don't think :snake: really fits in with the rest of the Smashers. That might be my Bomberman bias talking, but still, :snake: lacks any sort of charm in my eyes. He's just....too normal. That said, If he does happen to return, I won't hold anything against him, I just think a different Konami rep could be chosen.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I still have no idea where this whole "Mii costumes = character deconfirmed" thing came from. I thought that fear was put to rest when :4metaknight: made his return. 'Cause, you know, there was a :4metaknight: mask early on, and people got a little antsy about it if I remember correctly. But we all knew he was coming back anyway. But I suppose in reality it might not be the same case for some of the other costumes of characters people are hoping for. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

Personally, Bomberman would be a more appealing choice, as i don't think :snake: really fits in with the rest of the Smashers. That might be my Bomberman bias talking, but still, :snake: lacks any sort of charm in my eyes. He's just....too normal. That said, If he does happen to return, I won't hold anything against him, I just think a different Konami rep could be chosen.
For the inklings, they received a costume and a couple of trophies--also, Wholly World was a last-minute addition to the Stage roster--Sakurai was obviously aware of Wholly World, whose to say he wasn't aware of Splatoon? We got enough items from Splatoon integrated into Smash that Sakurai appears to be well aware of its popularity. However, this is something bad as he has already acknowledged them and there has yet to be an announcement of a character. And why didn't Inklings go the route of Mario Maker?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Guys... one of us made that render...
So I made some minor changes (I had nothing to do today so I felt like fixing some things)

EDIT: Just fixed tail
Nothing to get hyped about, unfortunately, but it does look quite nice. I agree with Tino Tino , Wolf's render probably will look something like this.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
Gone for a day after my internet craps out and I SEE THE HYPE.

I won't believe in any leak until Lord :wolf: is announced.
Sakurai played with my feelings too much.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Gone for a day after my internet craps out and I SEE THE HYPE.

I won't believe in any leak until Lord :wolf: is announced.
Sakurai played with my feelings too much.
Sakurai has been using silent treatment to its full emotional carnage potential.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Sorry guys I haven't been around in the last 2 and a half months I've been lurking in the shadows so I was here but not here now that that's out the way, what's all this wolfing about Roger Base? Who is he? And what implications does he have on the return of Wolf at this point?

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Sorry guys I haven't been around in the last 2 and a half months I've been lurking in the shadows so I was here but not here now that that's out the way, what's all this wolfing about Roger Base? Who is he? And what implications does he have on the return of Wolf at this point?
Here's my message explaining this hype.

Guys, let's be clear; Omni, Rogersbase, and Shofu are ALL just streamers/youtubers who have no connection to Nintendo. Omni's tweet was in response to the news that there are 3 new slots, and he just expects them to get announced, the tweet was just a prediction.
The only thing we know about Rogersbase so far is that he called Shofu to do a JapanTime. To talk about Wolf's chances? Definitely, but neither of them know anything about it. Shofu's a regular on that series (whose episodes are few and far between nowadays) so it makes sense to contact him about it.

All I'm trying to do here is prevent people from getting irritated at Roger or Omni for "falsely leaking" when really, Omni just likes to speculate and Roger's thing is to overhype small news to oblivion. Nothing wrong with that, but that's how he do.
I'd like to edit that and say that Roger did in fact work for Nintendo at some point, and may have some information, but he also likes to overhype everything like I've said. Also, him and some other people on twitter like @therealzef could easily just know that something's coming soon, and claim to know who it is to build hype. Him, Stealth, Zef, and whoever else knows about the characters aren't spilling the beans so we'll just wait and see.

An alternative is if one of them gets drunk and drunk tweets the character name, but that's rolling the dice, most likely they won't leak it if they do know, of which I'm doubtful because I might as well be.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
An alternative is if one of them gets drunk and drunk tweets the character name, but that's rolling the dice, most likely they won't leak it if the do know, of which I'm doubtful because I might as well be.
Well all we need to do is get Roger drunk, just offer him saki.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I will tell you what I have in my mind about how some Mii costume have helped Wolf's chance.

First: King K. Rool as Mii costume. I believe it actually has impacted on King K. Rool's chance, so one character down. Why? While there are costumes of the same character exist, and I'm seeing people have been using that as an argument. But in my view, Any would-be DLC characters who have had their personalities into a paid Mii costume are probably outta luck. I haven't yet to see the paid fighter + Mii costume of the same character. I doubt Nintendo will go for this kind of strategy. I'd actually be surprised if there are paid contents of the same character sometime in the future.

Everyone behind King K. Rool receive a better chance. What's Wolf's position in the most voted list of the SSB Ballot? He's probably somewhere in the top list. If King K. Rool was above Wolf then the reason I've explained above will make a difference, but if Wolf is already ahead of King K. Rool, then that makes no difference.

Second: Fox Mii custome. If they went for Wolf Mii costume then it'd be a big bad news for Wolf. But instead they went for Fox, this is also to avoid the paid contents of the same character, and oh, that's Fox, right? His rival? Well, you know what that mean! Nintendo probably have Wolf DLC up its sleeve.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Second: Fox Mii custome. If they went for Wolf Mii costume then it'd be a big bad news for Wolf. But instead they went for Fox, this is also to avoid the paid contents of the same character, and oh, that's Fox, right? His rival? Well, you know what that mean! Wolf has his chance skyrocketed because of this reason alone.
NO.
The Fox costume was put in Smash 4 because it was already avaible for Miis to wear outside of Smash 4 (In the Mii Plaza), just like the Meta Nerf and (Maybe) Link ones.
If anything, the kostume INCREASES K. Rool's chances, because they bothered to make an entirely new model for him, showing that Nintendo does indeed care about him.
Not having King K. Rool as Smash 4 DLC would be sort of like not having Mega Man in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
"A 8 or 9 in hype scale"
Duno´ guys, but Inkling would be around 5 or 6. Yes they are great, the game is well selling. But we all KNOW they will be in sooner or later (this Smash or in the next one).

If someone sets the hype scale this high, it can only be something that fans wanted for YEARS. Or something that was out of reach. But not a yourng new char. I like the Inklings, but I don´t think the leak is talking about them. And while I like SK and the female Genie., they don´t deserve a spot in Smash.

So, we are left with a either...

-) (a working pair of) ICE CLIMBERS (since the newest 3DS version seems to be far more powerfull than the old one)
-) the King himself: K. ROOL K. Rool I don´t need to explain. He has been wanted since BRAWL days.
-) RIDLEY. I´m seriouos. Fans asked forever. Maybe people OUTSIDE reddit or our polls still voted for him. Like massive. We don´t know what a lot of the younger audience is voting for, after all these Memes, maybe they catched up?! Or maybe Sakurai changed his mind on him, still haveing this much support in the ballot. Wouldn´t be the first time... Unlikely, but worth the "big hype"

I would include Snake or bomberman, but the leak said First Party, so...
Sadly, Banjo & Kazooie would have been big enough as well, but same issue.

True or not, Wolf will come after or might even be the next DLC. I still believe.
As preception of how hyped a character is is subjective, I wouldn't take the 8 or 9'on hype scale quote too seriously

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
NO.
The Fox costume was put in Smash 4 because it was already avaible for Miis to wear outside of Smash 4 (In the Mii Plaza), just like the Meta Nerf and (Maybe) Link ones.
If anything, the kostume INCREASES K. Rool's chances, because they bothered to make an entirely new model for him, showing that Nintendo does indeed care about him.
Not having King K. Rool as Smash 4 DLC would be sort of like not having Mega Man in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
That's kinda putting K. Rool above everyone else, my good friend. If Mario was not included in Smash 4, your metaphor would work better.
Also, that doesn't make any sense. Why would they bother making a costume for him if there's a potential for him to be included as a fully-fledged character? Like you said, they put effort into making his costume--why would they risk cannibalizing his sales by releasing a costume AND his character? Also, the fact that he's released with a Chrom costume leads to many bad interpretations of what that could spell for K. Rool.
And before you say "Costume is not the same as character" there are low-income families with kids who probably go bonkers for dressing their Miis to iconic characters like Fox, Link, and K. Rool. To those kids, dressing a Mii up like K. Rool would be like playing as K. Rool

Also to resurface Swift Fox Swift Fox 's point, this is a major stretch, but they probably could've easily recolored Fox's costumes to match that of Wolf's. You know how much moolah they could've made? "Play as Fox v.s Wolf! Rival it out in Smash! Duke it out between two Starfox rivals!" But nope, just Fox. Missed opportunity, man.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma The fact that they have working data on the Wii U just sitting there is just so infuriating, man. Like there's a potential gold mine--only thing holding them back is they'd have to be exclusive. And yes, I respond to everything
Pirate ship, while being a stage, broke the "All stage DLC is shared" rule. With Ice Climbers already having data, thetre must be some temptation with them.

Last edited:
Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma The fact that they have working data on the Wii U just sitting there is just so infuriating, man. Like there's a potential gold mine--only thing holding them back is they'd have to be exclusive. And yes, I respond to everything
Yes, but Sakurai has already stated that he wants to keep the rosters identical. I don't see him changing his mind about that.

And Ice Climbers being exclusive to Wii U and New 3DS would be unfair to people with only old 3DS.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Yes, but Sakurai has already stated that he wants to keep the rosters identical. I don't see him changing his mind about that.

And Ice Climbers being exclusive to Wii U and New 3DS would be unfair to people with only old 3DS.
Oh, no. I wouldn't even think they'd release them for the New 3DS and not the old one. I don't think they'd treat the New 3DS so exclusively like that. There is a much better understanding if Wii U got exclusive content and the 3DSs were treated as the same--(plus it's more unfeasable because I believe the New and Old 3DSs still play each other online) I guess what I'm saying is that Wii U getting Ice Climbers exclusively is more likely than Wii U and N3DS getting exclusive content--that would more of a spit to the face than the former--and when Sakurai said he'd keep characters the same, I took it to be reffering to the base characters. giving Wii U users an additional character at start than 3DS is unfair---but giving them the option to purchase an aidditional character more than 3DS is a little more negotiable. But like you said, it's probably not gonna happen

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
He's...he's literally at the top of the list. Unless one of us has a bad browser.

Also, yay at Inkling being second ^_^
He wasn't there before, they fixed it now.

As for other placements, Inklings at number two is interesting. Krystal at eighteen is pretty cool, too.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I apologize if this has been mentioned but the movie list on the official Smash Bros website is working again but there's nothing new.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
He wasn't there before, they fixed it now.

As for other placements, Inklings at number two is interesting. Krystal at eighteen is pretty cool, too.
Ah, I was a bit slow on the uptake then, my bad.

But yeah, my most wanted overall at number 2 and my most wanted vet at the top? I won't complain. I know this list doesn't have a direct impact on who we get, but it *is* still nice to see.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
That's kinda putting K. Rool above everyone else, my good friend. If Mario was not included in Smash 4, your metaphor would work better.
Also, that doesn't make any sense. Why would they bother making a costume for him if there's a potential for him to be included as a fully-fledged character? Like you said, they put effort into making his costume--why would they risk cannibalizing his sales by releasing a costume AND his character? Also, the fact that he's released with a Chrom costume leads to many bad interpretations of what that could spell for K.
Rool
The costume shows that K. rool IS relevant.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Well I have to go take a midterm that's worth 31% of my final grade in 20 minutes and I see this and all I see is hype. Now it's all hype. I probably shouldn't have peeked on here before the exam but wish me luck anyways, guys D:

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Well I have to go take a midterm that's worth 31% of my final grade in 20 minutes and I see this and all I see is hype. Now it's all hype. I probably shouldn't have peeked on here before the exam but wish me luck anyways, guys D:
I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't accidentally write an essay about why Wolf should be in Smash. Or write "Wolf" as a fill-in-the-blank answer (unless it's a biology exam and wolves are relevant).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
This list is literally amazing, Wolf at 1, Dixie at 10, Impa at 12, Krystal at 18. But how the hell is Chibi-Robo at 9?

Also why does smashboards keep not giving me notifications for this thread

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
This list is literally amazing, Wolf at 1, Dixie at 10, Impa at 12, Krystal at 18. But how the hell is Chibi-Robo at 9?

Also why does smashboards keep not giving me notifications for this thread
If you get a "X replied to the thread Y" but don't click on it, SmashBoards assumes you're no longer interested and no longer gives you notifications. It's happened to me here and on the Krystal thread.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If you get a "X replied to the thread Y" but don't click on it, SmashBoards assumes you're no longer interested and no longer gives you notifications. It's happened to me here and on the Krystal thread.
It does it so often though with so many threads and I swear I'm not missing them, so idk

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
The costume shows that K. rool IS relevant.
All the costumes showcase a character's relevancy. But how does this help K. Rool specifically? His costume is also paid dlc--if he was truly wanted since Brawl (or even Melee) then this might be Sakurai's acknowledgement of the character's popularity--this is bad-looking for K. Rool because he was thought of and yet, he's not a character. Inklings got a trophy and Costumes--can you really blame people for interpreting these things for "this is all you get" by Sakurai?

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
To take a break from the painful speculation, how do you think Brawl Wolf would fair in this meta?
Let's have a look at his biggest issues:
  • By far the slowest meteor cancel
  • Bad ecovery
  • Chaingrabs
The first and third issues would be nullified by Smash 4's mechanics, leaving only bad recovery as a big flaw. This would presumably be fixed, since Fox and Falco's were.

So yeah, Wolf would probably be better in 4 (unless we're nerfed into oblivion like Falco initially was).
:gawmelee:

Top Bottom