• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
Meanwhile I'm just here half-conscious and endlessly getting woken up by the possibility of bad endings, and it happens every night.

How good it is to be at least optimistic...
Yeah, i cant be optimistic about Wolf anymore. No matter how much i want him.

I truly believe something else will happen however, even with the delay they had SOMETHING must have been worked on.
I don't think 1 stage would take that long to debug.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I'm not giving up on my hunch that says Pichu (And probably Wolf) will be revealed that day, ending the clone veteran DLC (If Wolf counts as a semi-clone that is).

Unless Young Link comes back.
It can be argued that DLC development is no different than regular development --if they can squeeze out Pichu with ease to add to the character list, I'm sure they'd consider it. I guess a major difference is the fact that you'd have to still pay for them--Pichu would be a wonderful 2.99 chara--OR A BONUS CHARACTER TID TO SAFFRON CITY! Ahh, one can dream

edit: anyways, guys, Melee vets have been slightly favored because they Melee players have been waiting a little longer for Mewtwo and Roy's return! But with Lucas appearing and Ryu being declared as having used "special development time", perhaps Wolf was put on hold for work on Ryu, initially allowing Wolf to be released alongside Star Fox Zero. Wolf would've fit perfectly along Lucas and Roy. Maybe I'm just blindly hopeful--only time will tell.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I truly believe something else will happen however, even with the delay they had SOMETHING must have been worked on.
Sakurai said that in a Miiverse post,a couple of days before release"Lucas is already finished,I have been playing as him constantly and up-smash is so fun and satisfying to perform(Sakurai,you magnificent wizard)"
The stage is done,there preparing something

Tho,Sakurai is known for toying with our emotions(cough cough*GRENINJA*cough cough)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, i cant be optimistic about Wolf anymore. No matter how much i want him.

:132:. It is difficult to be optimistic once your optimism has been destroyed. Though, at the same time, the disappointment is not nearly as palpable either.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
In my modest developer opinion, Wolf should have been worked on since the ballot.
The ballot has been around since April, and the last DLC came mid-June.

From what I saw all around the web, Wolf is most wanted character. In order to not lose any precious development time, they should be developing Wolf since June. And I dare say, another character may have been worked on since August.

I'm more a pessimistic person than optimistic. But in this case, I think that Wolf being in Smash 4 is not a dream.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Yo I had this nightmare where Sakurai released wolf..... As a mii costume. It was a war zone. Only 20% of the human population survive. I Think it was more than a nightmare. I believe it was a premonition. Please Sakurai for the sake of earth and our future, release wolf as a character not a costume!

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
If Wolf is not announced/released this Wednesday or Saturday,you guys can pelt me with airsoft guns

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yo I had this nightmare where Sakurai released wolf..... As a mii costume. It was a war zone. Only 20% of the human population survive. I Think it was more than a nightmare. I believe it was a premonition. Please Sakurai for the sake of earth and our future, release wolf as a character not a costume!
Some dream.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Going to leave this here for you guys. Take it as you will. More and more signs are pointing towards at least one character, chances are, it's Wolf.

I just saw something interesting pointed out: the Smash maintenance is an hour and a half long. With every stages only, or stages with Tournament mode only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Mewtwo took a little over a hour maintenance, last time there was an hour and half long period in conjunction with a DLC release was the 3 E3 characters.

Looks like we're in for at least one character this week! or the data at least. I think our King has great chances
If Wolf is not announced/released this Wednesday or Saturday,you guys can pelt me with airsoft guns
I'll hold you too it!

Not really though.

Morbi

Scavenger
In my modest developer opinion, Wolf should have been worked on since the ballot.
The ballot has been around since April, and the last DLC came mid-June.

From what I saw all around the web, Wolf is most wanted character. In order to not lose any precious development time, they should be developing Wolf since June. And I dare say, another character may have been worked on since August.

I'm more a pessimistic person than optimistic. But in this case, I think that Wolf being in Smash 4 is not a dream.
It is still a dream. The difference is that some dreams come true while others remain dreams.

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
Well guys, looks like this week is the final week for not only the end of September, but also results of Super Smash Bros Ballot. And I am so darn excited that I can't sleep well at night!

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Going to leave this here for you guys. Take it as you will. More and more signs are pointing towards at least one character, chances are, it's Wolf.

I'll hold you too it!

Not really though.
iirc the last maintenance, which literally added nothing more than one single option in the tourney, was inspected the same with a maintenance period abnormally long or something, isn't it?

Well guys, looks like this week is the final week for not only the end of September, but also results of Super Smash Bros Ballot. And I am so darn excited that I can't sleep well at night!
I thought everyone already knew...

But yeah. 1 day (20 hours according to my inaccurate calculations) remain. Let's... hope for whatever. I dunno. I still don't expect a thing.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
iirc the last maintenance, which literally added nothing more than one single option in the tourney, was inspected the same with a maintenance period abnormally long or something, isn't it?

I thought everyone already knew...

But yeah. 1 day (20 hours according to my inaccurate calculations) remain. Let's... hope for whatever. I dunno. I still don't expect a thing.
I honestly find it hard to believe that you don't expect a single thing. Here we are with the end of the Ballot and you of all people thinks we will get nothing.

I definitely expect there to be at least one character.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I would just find it perfect in Wolf's reveal if it's silent for a few minutes, showing a silhouette of someone from behind. Then you see a furry tail pop out and the figure turns around, the opening to his song plays as his face is revealed. Then he's shown doing some Wolf stuff to various Smash fighters--probably beating up Ryu at some point.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I would just find it perfect in Wolf's reveal if it's silent for a few minutes, showing a silhouette of someone from behind. Then you see a furry tail pop out and the figure turns around, the opening to his song plays as his face is revealed. Then he's shown doing some Wolf stuff to various Smash fighters--probably beating up Ryu at some point.
Wolf should have a cyborg Wolf alt. and alts based off of Star Fox characters+Dark Wolf and redone Green Wolf and Red Wolf

Leon:(cheap space to not make :p)purple Clothes with Green Fur
Panther:White+Purple with Purpler Fur
Fox:Like the Smash 3 alt
Black:Dark Wolf from Wolf but given a design overhaul like Falco
Green:Redone with no more brown fur(reason I didn't use it)
Red:Same Pink as usual
Slippy:White+Blue with Green Fur
American:White with Blue and Red fur(cuz if mario can have one,why not wolf or falco)

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Only 48 hours left. I think we can all agree we've experienced this anxiety a little too often. I really hope we get Wolf soon. It'll make playing Smash with friends so much cooler. But at the same time I feel getting a character is a bit far fetched for some reason. Idk, maybe I'm saying that because I don't wanna get my hopes up and they crumble if my expectations aren't met.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I'll let myself out.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Take it with a grain of salt -_- I don´t believe it. Too much fakes in the past.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72567003
Because delaying Wolf DLC with Star Fox Zero is a STUPID idea and the part about Zant, while an interesting "this leak is real" tactic, goes against what Sakurai said about one-time characters. Midna and Skull Kid are assist trophies because they only made ONE appearance in the series. "But Sheik, bro" part of Zelda till now, bro. Also, Snake is WAY too awesome to not mention so it's fake

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If we get Wolf I might actually pick up and play this game again without the requirement I have now where my cousin has to be over. Also PurpleSoda PurpleSoda I liked the green Wolf outfit :( the brown and white made me think of Eevee and the golden reflector looked awesome. Preferred the shade of green the PM team used though. The rest of the outfits you listed sound awesome though, well maybe not the USA one but then I'm one to talk since Wolf had a red and white outfit in Brawl =P

Morbi

Scavenger
If we get Wolf I might actually pick up and play this game again without the requirement I have now where my cousin has to be over. Also PurpleSoda PurpleSoda I liked the green Wolf outfit :( the brown and white made me think of Eevee and the golden reflector looked awesome. Preferred the shade of green the PM team used though. The rest of the outfits you listed sound awesome though, well maybe not the USA one but then I'm one to talk since Wolf had a red and white outfit in Brawl =P
I still play the game quite frequently, but Wolf is the only DLC character that is already guaranteed to be one of my mains. I feel as though his play-style would translate to Smash 4 extremely well.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I try to play Sm4sh every now and then without my cousin being around but I take forever picking a character since none of them 'click' with me the way Wolf did. Not even my main, or any of my best characters. They're all just there. Wolf will definitely be my main in Sm4sh though I fear for his aerials.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I haven't been able to play in quite a long because I've been taking driver's education for the past couple weeks and the work I get along with it takes up a lot of my free time and I've mostly been focused on getting through the class. Fortunately, the class ends on the 8th of next month so I won't be inactive for much longer.

Take it with a grain of salt -_- I don´t believe it. Too much fakes in the past.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72567003
I'm pretty sure that's fake.

The 30th and the 3rd are so close now so I'm honestly not going to buy into anymore leaks at this point. The next few days are going to be filled with so much news but I would rather hear official stuff from Sakurai himself.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Logo12 Logo12 "Let's... hope for whatever. I dunno. I still don't expect a thing"
What's the matter? Scared? ...Sorry, I had to XD

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
A part of me isn't expecting characters this Wednesday, but why is this maintenance taking an hour and a half?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Oh,well,maybe we can have to green ones,I wonder if
Best response in that thread.
I wonder who that could be(cough cough*WOLF SUPPORTER*cough cough)Dis is legit

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Quick congrats on reaching 250 pages!

Let's hope Wolf comes sooner rather than later. Can't let the maintenance or Star Fox Zero delay stop Wolf outright!

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
That thread is gone, or is otherwise not viewable.

Can someone give me a summary?
Apparently, a Shovel Knight costume was coming out to reflect his popularity in the Ballot. He along with K Rool and Isaac were being discussed for the ballot choice (with Isaac being the frontrunner) and that nothing would be revealed on October 3rd. Wolf was apparently going to be released alongside Mario Maker but Star Fox's delay would delay Wolf DLC for whatever weird reason. And to spice it up a bit and add some bizarre "too weird to false" 'truth' to it, he said that Zant from the Zelda series would be considered to be a new Zelda rep.

Can you imagine all the negative backlash from Zelda fans? Midna is an assist trophy, Skull kid is an assist trophy, the weird guy from Skyward Sword is an assist trophy.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apparently, a Shovel Knight costume was coming out to reflect his popularity in the Ballot. He along with K Rool and Isaac were being discussed for the ballot choice (with Isaac being the frontrunner) and that nothing would be revealed on October 3rd. Wolf was apparently going to be released alongside Mario Maker but Star Fox's delay would delay Wolf DLC for whatever weird reason. And to spice it up a bit and add some bizarre "too weird to false" 'truth' to it, he said that Zant from the Zelda series would be considered to be a new Zelda rep.
You didn't think what he said was true, did you? I didn't.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
You didn't think what he said was true, did you? I didn't.
It is a wonderful time to troll--everyone's on edge with the Super Mario Maker coming and supposedly a character to spice it up. I imagine "leaks" would be pumping out from every Otaku with a laptop just to mess with people--I don't believe this leak. I give him props, though, the Zant thing was original..

In fact, I'm gonna do my own leak.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is a wonderful time to troll--everyone's on edge with the Super Mario Maker coming and supposedly a character to spice it up. I imagine "leaks" would be pumping out from every Otaku with a laptop just to mess with people--I don't believe this leak. I give him props, though, the Zant thing was original..

In fact, I'm gonna do my own leak.
Yeah, I'd say he also put some effort into this unlike the other fake leakers did.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Yeah, I'd say he also put some effort into this unlike the other fake leakers did.
On second thought, I'm not very good at this.
Hi guys, I don't have much time.

Sakurai is working very hard on this game and from what I can tell--there appears to be at least 5 more characters coming.

1st up is Fox
-- returning from Brawl, Fox moves a little quicker and is more aggresive than usual
2nd is Snake
-- issues regarding some license thing have been resolved. He looks great and he moves a little faster to make up for the new gameplay in 4
3rd is some weird looking Green man--Lingle? Tangy? I don't remember
--apparently he's from Zelda or whatever
now the 4th and 5th ones are Ballot characters
--Sakurai sees a lot of support for Isic, King Cruel, and some weird spherical guy with a stick. There's also some graverobber in armor that he's considering..sorry I don't know the characters well.

Top Bottom