• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
It is a wonderful time to troll--everyone's on edge with the Super Mario Maker coming and supposedly a character to spice it up. I imagine "leaks" would be pumping out from every Otaku with a laptop just to mess with people--I don't believe this leak. I give him props, though, the Zant thing was original..

In fact, I'm gonna do my own leak.
Make sure it's believable

So we can make the source and Etika will have to talk about it

Tho,he might see this post
On second thought, I'm not very good at this.
Hi guys, I don't have much time.

Sakurai is working very hard on this game and from what I can tell--there appears to be at least 5 more characters coming.

1st up is Fox
-- returning from Brawl, Fox moves a little quicker and is more aggresive than usual
3rd is some weird looking Green man--Tangy?
I didn't know I was a beta tester for DLC

And Tangy,10/10 would leak again(in the information way)

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Didn't update 1.0.8 take only an hour, yet we got multiple characters, stages, mii costumes, and a balance patch?

EIther this Mario Maker stage is crazy complex or there's something Nintendo ain't telling us.
View attachment 75754
Exactly! There's has to be some thing else. As complex as it might be, there's no way in hell it takes and hour and a half to put one stage in the game.

Morbi

Scavenger
Exactly! There's has to be some thing else. As complex as it might be, there's no way in hell it takes and hour and a half to put one stage in the game.
Albeit, we do not necessarily know the data required to make the stage as of current. Maybe it is not one stage, but it is a dozen stages with similar aesthetics. In which case, Sakurai is technically adding close to six times the amount of stages as he did with the Dreamland update which, if I recall, took half an hour. While not completely plausible, I do not believe it is outside of the realm of possibility.

Secondly, people like you and Dark Dire Wolf make me feel inadequate. Like, do I have to have references to "Wolf" in my username to support the character Wolf? Is there some sort of unspoken rule that I am breaking?

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Albeit, we do not necessarily know the data required to make the stage as of current. Maybe it is not one stage, but it is a dozen stages with similar aesthetics. In which case, Sakurai is technically adding close to six times the amount of stages as he did with the Dreamland update which, if I recall, took half an hour. While not completely plausible, I do not believe it is outside of the realm of possibility.

Secondly, people like you and Dark Dire Wolf make me feel inadequate. Like, do I have to have references to "Wolf" in my username to support the character Wolf? Is there some sort of unspoken rule that I am breaking?
Lycan Rex is my username for practically anywhere not just here. It has nothing to do with Wolf.There's a bloodrayne comic series called lycan rex, it sounded cool so i just blatantly stole the name...and im not sorry about that.
As far as the stage goes, it's possible that it's that complex. Still, they should of had at least one character done by now, assuming they've been working on it since june. This would be a perfect time to release said character. Or maybe they're doing a crazy balance patch where samus and mewtwo become viable characters...wouldn't that be nice?

Edit:
this the specific comic i was talking about. I know practically nothing about bloodrayne, but werewolves are my favorite monsters so...there ya go.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Just because Fox has a Wolf color swap and the Wolf flash means nothing, in fact this reminds me of Marth's color swap of Roy and Ness's PK Freeze.

I heard a rumor that we might see a veteran fighter return with the Mario Maker update, so I guess we'll see about that tomorrow.

Furret24

Smash Master

Like I said, this stage may just be crazy complex (which is likely).

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Come to think of it, Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle were both mentioned in the last New Content Approaching--perhaps, the two stages were just extensions of the Lucas Update (if that makes any sense). In short, there was not really any reason to expect a character in the last DLC update. The Mario Maker update, I'm a bit mixed on. It's not like a "final tidbit" like the Castle update--but they didn't exactly announce a New Content Approaching

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
Like I said, this stage may just be crazy complex (which is likely).
From a programming standpoint; (not exactly the same type of games but still)
Mario maker's data must just have pieces of the stage like our own stage creator. Then probably has it's code set it up so that it
arranges the pieces to set up a playable stage. I don't think it would be too complex. But then again I don't make smash, so...

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, last thoughts before we actually see something...? What do you think we could actually see...?

A character?

A costume?

An extra stage?

Nothing...?

Or maybe...

:shiro:!

GeneralBrwni

Smash Cadet
I'm calling a balance patch that totally nerfs sheik and zero suit (just because she's my main and I'm pessimistic like that), pikachu is still amazing, other balance patches (sakurai seems to like buffing the characters that seem less good, so maybe some of that?) and a batch of mii costumes come out. I'm really really hoping for wolf though.

EDIT: Oh, and I think we'll see a new Mario Maker-based stage tomorrow, too :p

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Nice!

Glad to see some content aside from that MM stage. But then again, I figured we wouldn't get much, honestly. If anything, a lot of people expected much from the update, but yeah.

Very nice tidbits to have aside from the MM stage. Glad to see/find out we got quite a few of stuff along two stages.

Anyone hack the update yet to find anything?
Nope. But someone should do that ASAP. I guess that is going to take quite a lot of discussion while we wait for the ballot to end, and I guess that's fine for many, hehe.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
To be honest I've barely played Smash at all in these past few months. It just doesn't feel right without Wolf. In fact its kind of like my experience with Mario Kart 7. It was so incomplete without Waluigi that I just didn't enjoy it as much as I would have. Luckily Mario Kart 8 came around and rectified 7's mistakes. However Mario kart 7 didn't have DLC, Smash does.
Yet MK8 committed a crime that makes a lack of Waluigi seem a non-issue: NO. KING. BOO.

So here's the update,
Wait. Why would the Pirate Ship be Wii U only?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Thinking about it now, I picked a hell of a time to visit this place. All the upcoming content was spoiled for me(assuming it's indeed real). Yet there is no Wolf.

The wait goes on.....I guess.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Glad I didn't have my hopes up. Also glad that there were no characters since that tells me no one was yet again prioritized over Wolf. Currently recording all of my replays with my capture card so they aren't lost then I'm gonna get whatever patch there may be, if any and at least get the two stages. Not sure if I'll get anything else. Then it's bed for me x.x

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Fox hats... <- Wolf confirmed.
Also seems like they will not release any character at all in October... "Here's the fourth and the fifth DLC collection in less than a week!" doesn't seem appealing.
To be honest Nintendo has a great timing in terms of releasing huge DLC: 6 months... 1 year... since the game has launched.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Well they could still show a trailer to announce a new character--but yeah, this pretty much shoots me down. That pirate ship, though. Also, Fox costume could've easily been Wolf costume--although, don't know if that means anything.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Well, next update that has characters should have 3 like the Lucas one. No excuses XD

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well all that's left is for the ballot to end Saturday and see who's gonna be walking down the stage as the next character reveal.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For ****'s sake, really? I'd like to get back into Smash, but it's kinda hard when you starve us in the dark for months without a new character.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Ever since i voted for wolf in the ballot i said to my self, "Ill change my vote once wolf is comfirmed!"...welp that ain't happening. Thanks Sakurai
Remember back when we thought wolf was gonna be revealed in august? good times

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Wayforward (company behind Shantae) just now, asking fans to vote Shantae in the ballot.
Seems like they're not working on any single ballot character at the moment, are they? Because Sakurai should have asked for permission to that company to include Shantae.

So as I said, with huge DLC release windows (characters), I'm pretty sure it's 6 months from now to get the first Smash ballot characters.

And Wolf chances sure have been lowered now, but can get really really high between Star Fox Zero's release. They might even have just skipped a 2015 release because of Wolf's inclusion in Sm4sh as they thought it would be a great marketing idea.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
The ballot ends in just three days. There is still a chance we might get a Wolf announcement very soon even though he could be a post-ballot character. But even if he is, I would still be thankful that Sakurai brought him back, post ballot character or not.

Anyway, I'm very glad that Pirate Ship is back and I plan on getting it soon. It was one of my favorite stages in Brawl so it's going to bring back some memories. Unfortunately, my eshop balance is running low again so I most likely won't be getting the Mario Maker stage so I can have enough money for characters I might want once the ballot ends.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
No Falco buff, unnecessary Fox nerfs, and no sign of Wolf. I might have to take a break from this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom