• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I think that we might get a character (2 if we are very lucky) on the 30th, they can't let us wait for 3 and a half month with no character, right?
I also don't expect anything on the 3rd, no character, no results, only a thank you for voting or something like that.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Hopefully the fireworks that come out of this thread will be fireworks of celebration and not fireworks of disappointment.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I think that we have 2 more Pre ballot DLC (Mario Slots) can be veterans and released before 2016 (1 on October and other on December)
And the 2 - 3 ballot winners can be developed until 2016 (1 per 2 months) can be newcomers
For more vigence and Smash hype train :088::088:

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I think that we have 2 more Pre ballot DLC (Mario Slots) can be veterans and released before 2016 (1 on October and other on December)
And the 2 - 3 ballot winners can be developed until 2016 (1 per 2 months) can be newcomers
For more vigence and Smash hype train :088::088:
Mario slots. Looking at the time between the discovery of mario slots and "fan service from now on", when Sakruai made that quote, it could be speculated that the remaining Mario slots were filled by the time he had that interview.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If you wish not to be disappointed then don't put your hopes up. We already live with the disappointment of not having Wolf since day 1 and not having him in the first batch of dlc. There's been no mention of a new dlc character, only a stage and the ballot coming to an end. We already know Wolf is practically a shoe in so the only thing to do now is wait.

That being said, if and when we do get more dlc characters, if Wolf isn't with them (or the one if the next 'batch' is one character much like Mewtwo) then I'll most certainly be disappointed.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
If you wish not to be disappointed then don't put your hopes up. We already live with the disappointment of not having Wolf since day 1 and not having him in the first batch of dlc. There's been no mention of a new dlc character, only a stage and the ballot coming to an end. We already know Wolf is practically a shoe in so the only thing to do now is wait.

That being said, if and when we do get more dlc characters, if Wolf isn't with them (or the one if the next 'batch' is one character much like Mewtwo) then I'll most certainly be disappointed.
Star Fox's delay, funnily enough, would help Wolf's chances in Smash if he wasn't already being developed. The upcoming 30th and 3rd just give me a "last chance for Wolf pre-ballot" vibe

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
GAIS ME DOG'S VACCUM CLEANER JUST GAV MEH INFOREMASHUN ON SPETEMBR 30th DELCEE

Wolf
Isaac
Sonic Stage(CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE)
Super Mario Maker
Mii costumes
As an easter egg there is visible text saying(Please Understand)
Voice Change Option(FIRE!!)
Ability to have FAST MODE(FASTER THAN MELEE)
AMIIBO TOURNEYS:You can make tourneys with your amiibo,you can save each replay and post them to YouTube(offline only)
OFFLINE TOURNEYS:Reggie informed us that while lurking the smash subreddit,he discovered a post about what could be done to make tourneys better
EXTENDED YOUTUBE REPLAYS:You can now have any amount of Footage(to 4:59 DBZ type crup to casual taunt battles...in For Glory)
Also,Lucas,Roy and Ryu and confirmed to release in Febuary 23rd,2016,Wolf and Isaac will release Summer 2016 in all regions.

Can confirm,he knows Bill and Reggie from his job,no Bill is not kill

Ok guys I'm done for now.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
How are we so sure that Sep 30 will be a BLOW-OUT content as so many people are making it out to be?

Will there be really a direct of SM4SH then? More trailers of content like with Mario Maker's stage, or something?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
How are we so sure that Sep 30 will be a BLOW-OUT content as so many people are making it out to be?

Will there be really a direct of SM4SH then? More trailers of content like with Mario Maker's stage, or something?
Cause of what happened wth Lucas

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
But that was in a direct ALONG with Mewtwo sheananigans. On that day, not much seems to be happening, UNLESS we're surprised with something, but I'm not that sure.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
But that was in a direct ALONG with Mewtwo sheananigans. On that day, not much seems to be happening, UNLESS we're surprised with something, but I'm not that sure.
Oh I meant when Lucas was released. Roy and Ryu came along with him.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh. Might be possible in that case. If Sakurai releases a character in the same vein as Lucas, then I can kind of see it happening.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Damn $hit is about to go down September 30th or October 3rd. A day to remember. Everything will go down in history that day.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Okay. I had a dream last night. An extremely weird dream. I would say a nightmare but it had some good parts in it.

Basically this new Nintendo franchise came out. It was about a doctor named "Dr. Doctor." So Dr. Doctor was actually based on a real person (in my dream). This real person was actual in jail for fraud. Dr. Doctor had an owl on his shoulder. The owl never did anything. It just sat there. So one day there was a Direct and we saw the whole *slash* *fire appears* thing. I got all hyped. But then I saw Dr. Doctor. He was riding a train (the Hype Train?) for whatever reason. Then the camera zoomed in on the owl and it said, "Dr. Owl Makes a Hoot." So in my dream I started crying. But then suddenly Iwata appeared (don't ask me how) and he said, "But that's not all of the new content we'll be adding. Please take a look at this," and then there was Donkey Kong bouncing around with Diddy Kong. And then King K. Rool appeared. I got hyped. But then Lanky Kong came down and knocked him into oblivion. "Lanky Kong Kongs the Kompetition" (yeah dumb name I know). I was crying hard now.

But then, an incredible thing. There was like a massive explosion, and then we saw Fox running in a city (don't ask me why he is in an Earthling city). Then there was a Wolfen that came down and shot Fox. Out of it jumped a Star Fox 64 style Wolf. "Wolf Can't Let You Do That." I was so happy.

So this dream. It was only slightly ****ed up. But anyway, the dream seems to be a metaphor for the fact that we will get heaping piles of crap, lot's of other things, but Wolf will come eventually. Basically along the lines of "Good things come to people who wait."

Never give up. How do I know? My dream that sounds like it was made up by a Kindergartener high on acid after eating an entire cake told me so.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
All in know is that there has to be a least one more pre ballot character. They can't let fans wait from june to early 2016 for new characters right...? R-right guys? :urg:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
All in know is that there has to be a least one more pre ballot character. They can't let fans wait from june to early 2016 for new characters right...? R-right guys? :urg:
I'm not giving up on my hunch that says Pichu (And probably Wolf) will be revealed that day, ending the clone veteran DLC (If Wolf counts as a semi-clone that is).

Unless Young Link comes back.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm not giving up on my hunch that says Pichu (And probably Wolf) will be revealed that day, ending the clone veteran DLC (If Wolf counts as a semi-clone that is).

Pichu would actually be really cool. I always had a soft spot for the little guy.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I think a newcomer would be more likely, they kinda have a pattern going, melee vet, brawl vet and then a newcomer

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can really say I'm not gonna expect much on Wednesday besides the Mario Maker stage and maybe some more pointless Mii costumes unless it's the ones I find really fancy. But definitely do expect to see some fireworks on Saturday or after either way. Hoping to see those on display in here.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Can really say I'm not gonna expect much on Wednesday besides the Mario Maker stage and maybe some more pointless Mii costumes unless it's the ones I find really fancy. But definitely do expect to see some fireworks on Saturday or after either way. Hoping to see those on display in here.
I personally still have hope that they'll reveal something else alongside it like they did in June.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Okay. I had a dream last night. An extremely weird dream. I would say a nightmare but it had some good parts in it.

Basically this new Nintendo franchise came out. It was about a doctor named "Dr. Doctor." So Dr. Doctor was actually based on a real person (in my dream). This real person was actual in jail for fraud. Dr. Doctor had an owl on his shoulder. The owl never did anything. It just sat there. So one day there was a Direct and we saw the whole *slash* *fire appears* thing. I got all hyped. But then I saw Dr. Doctor. He was riding a train (the Hype Train?) for whatever reason. Then the camera zoomed in on the owl and it said, "Dr. Owl Makes a Hoot." So in my dream I started crying. But then suddenly Iwata appeared (don't ask me how) and he said, "But that's not all of the new content we'll be adding. Please take a look at this," and then there was Donkey Kong bouncing around with Diddy Kong. And then King K. Rool appeared. I got hyped. But then Lanky Kong came down and knocked him into oblivion. "Lanky Kong Kongs the Kompetition" (yeah dumb name I know). I was crying hard now.

But then, an incredible thing. There was like a massive explosion, and then we saw Fox running in a city (don't ask me why he is in an Earthling city). Then there was a Wolfen that came down and shot Fox. Out of it jumped a Star Fox 64 style Wolf. "Wolf Can't Let You Do That." I was so happy.

So this dream. It was only slightly ****ed up. But anyway, the dream seems to be a metaphor for the fact that we will get heaping piles of crap, lot's of other things, but Wolf will come eventually. Basically along the lines of "Good things come to people who wait."

Never give up. How do I know? My dream that sounds like it was made up by a Kindergartener high on acid after eating an entire cake told me so.
Ok guys,this has to be true,my aunt's maid's father's step-son is Nintendo Europe Rep(My aunt doesn't have a maid)

Dr.Owl
HE(Lanky)
Wolf
Corneria City
Super Mario Maker
(R.I.P Sonic Stage based off of Sonic Boom:Too Glitchy(CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE,IT GETS DARKER EVERY DAY,DARKER EVERY DAY,I JUST FEEL THAT SOMETIMES,I JUST WANNA RUN AWAY))

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Ok guys,this has to be true,my aunt's maid's father's step-son is Nintendo Europe Rep(My aunt doesn't have a maid)

Dr.Owl
HE(Lanky)
Wolf
Corneria City
Super Mario Maker
(R.I.P Sonic Stage based off of Sonic Boom:Too Glitchy(CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE,IT GETS DARKER EVERY DAY,DARKER EVERY DAY,I JUST FEEL THAT SOMETIMES,I JUST WANNA RUN AWAY))
u promised u will stop
y u do dis to us

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
I dreamed twice about Wolf getting in. His inclusion trailer were different of course, both times.
I once dreamed about news, yes, news, about Super Mario Galaxy 3 and in the next week Nintendo confirmed it would be possible.
And 4 days ago dreamed about something weird again, and it happened. :l

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Doy you think it's possible we could get a direct on Wednesday? They'd still have a couple days left to announce it and I'm pretty sure we've gotten directs on Wednesdays before. Not to mention the new president and their recent comment that directs would continue.

I'm still keeping my hopes low but it's definitely possible

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Doy you think it's possible we could get a direct on Wednesday? They'd still have a couple days left to announce it and I'm pretty sure we've gotten directs on Wednesdays before. Not to mention the new president and their recent comment that directs would continue.

I'm still keeping my hopes low but it's definitely possible
I wouldn't be surprised at all. Pretty much the same thing happened in June. First they said Lucas was coming out on June 14th, then they said a Smash Direct was happening on the same day, and then bam, Roy and Ryu as well.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Maybe not a full on Direct, but a New Content Coming video like we had in June for the Royucas reveal is incredibly likely. You don't just drop the most "different' stage in Smash unceremoniously, when it's also incredibly likely a second stage will accompany it and potentially Wolf (and a bunch of Mii costumes no one cares about).

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I dreamed twice about Wolf getting in. His inclusion trailer were different of course, both times.
I once dreamed about news, yes, news, about Super Mario Galaxy 3 and in the next week Nintendo confirmed it would be possible.
And 4 days ago dreamed about something weird again, and it happened. :l
Meanwhile I'm just here half-conscious and endlessly getting woken up by the possibility of bad endings, and it happens every night.

How good it is to be at least optimistic...

I seriously hope that Wolf will be confirmed on September 30th. I really don't understand why he has been held back so long if he is a pre-ballot character, and Wolf being a ballot character doesn't really make sense as three other cut veterans didn't need the ballot to come back.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I think there should, at the very least, be a character reveal. I don't want this to be like last update where it ended in disappointment with nothing to look forward to.

Morbi

Scavenger
I seriously hope that Wolf will be confirmed on September 30th. I really don't understand why he has been held back so long if he is a pre-ballot character, and Wolf being a ballot character doesn't really make sense as three other cut veterans didn't need the ballot to come back.
Well, again, they are probably holding him back so that his release would more closely coincide with Star Fox Zero. Albeit, with the delay, maybe they can #FreeWolf.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Maybe not a full on Direct, but a New Content Coming video like we had in June for the Royucas reveal is incredibly likely. You don't just drop the most "different' stage in Smash unceremoniously, when it's also incredibly likely a second stage will accompany it and potentially Wolf (and a bunch of Mii costumes no one cares about).
Royucas. That is genius XD yes, with the Mario Maker stage and the ballot ending, this all merits a new Smash presentation

Top Bottom