• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Well...by tank I mean sales-wise. Unless that was what you meant then ignore this.
From the Japanese Uncyclopedia (Don't even ask) and a bit of googling, the sales dropped after 64, and has went back up a bit in the recent 643D.

This is not exactly reliable, so meh :/

----

Some news about me, my brother decided to download Brawl in his computer so we can play a laggy Brawl finally. Haven't got the point of unlocking Wolf yet, but yeah

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Honestly Assault is my favorite in the series. It annoys me to no end that Star Fox is getting yet another reboot, when they could have just built on Assault.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Okay, just read through the Japanese and English Wikipedia article for Wolf...

Japanese:
"Having a big difference from Fox and Falco...."

English:
"He is criticized for the similarity of Fox"....

This is why we can't have good things...
Who the hell cares what Wikipedia thinks? You can change it. Spread truth!

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Truth is, Wikipedia relies on sources, and since they chose to source those ignorant part of the Earth, that's what we get. :[

Or maybe we lack sources that show Wolf is no way "similar" to Fox...
Can't we use SmashWiki as a source or something?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I voted for Wolf on my computer, my android tablet, my iPad and my iPhone. Satisfying, ain't it?

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I have a friend who needs my help to pass algebra and I require votes for Wolf as payment. Even though he doesn't even like Wolf he still votes for him. Is it blackmail? Maybe, but he's getting more votes so.....

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have a friend who needs my help to pass algebra and I require votes for Wolf as payment. Even though he doesn't even like Wolf he still votes for him. Is it blackmail? Maybe, but he's getting more votes so.....
Sounds like blackmail to me. :denzel:
But the more votes, the better. heh

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
So I went to my friends house and played brawl and i just remembered how wolf ran like he got shot in the leg I hope they tweak him just a little bit but not give him the Falco treatment
Also that meteor cancel delay is a no no

Finally make him faster to counter other characters that got a speed buff

It'll be great to be able to play him again and now I don't have to worry about being chain grabed

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Uh, I have never played a Kirby game, hell I don't even know half the titles of the games, but I know who Bandanna Dee is.

It is not "Sakurai bias" is his own game series that is still highly popular gets 4 reps. He even said somewhere that the reason he does not have 4 Kirby reps now is because he did not want to be called biased. Donkey Kong is almost guaranteed to get another rep (in the form of K. Rool), so no need to worry.

Is it "Sakurai bias" that Fire Emblem got 5 reps?

Your argument that he would not be known is flawed, because I know Bandanna Dee, and I am not a Kirby fan. Wouldn't it make more sense to add characters that are popular among fans but maybe not among the general public so that the general public could learn about these characters?

If no one knows Bandanna Dee then no one knows Wolf or Falco. They are just as well known. An average person would not know them. Probably not even Fox.

Anyway let's get back on topic. When did this become the Bandanna Dee support thread? We should just agree to disagree.
It's viewed over a larger audience, a handful of "I know X" does not change the fact that some series will have more well known characters compared to others regardless of being a fan or not. Sakurai said Kirby was the only rep originally to be "modest" and then put in MK and King Dedede. KD was always planned to be in the game. Its literally impossible to not have bias being the creator of a series.

Sakurai bias doesn't apply to games he doesn't have any involvement with compared to I dont know, being the creator of the Kirby and Dark Pit series. Making chrom would have taken time they didnt have so they made lucina instead. Roy is a fan request. Robin is an original character thats relevant.

And yeah as you mentioned if anyone actually wants nonsense dee in the game go over to the niche inflated thread this is for a real character called Wolf.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sakurai bias doesn't apply to games he doesn't have any involvement with compared to I dont know, being the creator of the Kirby and Dark Pit series. Making chrom would have taken time they didnt have so they made lucina instead. Roy is a fan request. Robin is an original character thats relevant.

And yeah as you mentioned if anyone actually wants nonsense dee in the game go over to the niche inflated thread this is for a real character called Wolf.
Dark Pit series wtf? You mean Kid Icarus: Uprising. They made Robin because Sakurai thought he'd have a more unique moveset than Chrom which is why Chrom isn't in the game, not because it would take up time. And that's rude to the Bandana Dee fans.

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
Wolf wasn't one of my favorite characters in Brawl, but I'd be okay with him coming back in Smash 4 as DLC. Just as long as they buff him from his Brawl days.

Also, has anyone here noted that the names of custom moves have previously hinted towards DLC characters? I forget which ones they were, but as a point of reference, one of Fox's custom moves is "Wolf Blitz" or something like that. So mayb Sakurai is hinting Wolf's coming back? He's known this whole time that Lucas and Roy were coming back, so he's been royally trolling us the entire time until those characters were announced. I'm about 65% sure he's trolling us with Wolf now and 100% sure he has a few more tricks up his sleeve as to who the other DLC characters will be.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Dark Pit series wtf? You mean Kid Icarus: Uprising. They made Robin because Sakurai thought he'd have a more unique moveset than Chrom which is why Chrom isn't in the game, not because it would take up time. And that's rude to the Bandana Dee fans.
lol no. Making Chrom playable would have taken effort for a unique sword moveset whereas Robin has magic, that's why he was playable over Chrom. Lucina was last minute
Haha oh god total mindblank there, yes I did mean Kid Icarus.

I was referring to I was talking to Lucina v Chrom not Robin V Chrom. Robin and Chrom was the assumed lineup but obviously Chrom would take time to make him unique and Sakurai did mention even another blue haired sword wielding lord would have been much.

Tough, theyll get over the reality.

Wolf wasn't one of my favorite characters in Brawl, but I'd be okay with him coming back in Smash 4 as DLC. Just as long as they buff him from his Brawl days.

Also, has anyone here noted that the names of custom moves have previously hinted towards DLC characters? I forget which ones they were, but as a point of reference, one of Fox's custom moves is "Wolf Blitz" or something like that. So mayb Sakurai is hinting Wolf's coming back? He's known this whole time that Lucas and Roy were coming back, so he's been royally trolling us the entire time until those characters were announced. I'm about 65% sure he's trolling us with Wolf now and 100% sure he has a few more tricks up his sleeve as to who the other DLC characters will be.
There is Wolf Flash which is a custom side B for Fox. Wolf was one of the few matchups in brawl v MK where the non MK player wasnt at a horrible disadvantage.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Haha oh god total mindblank there, yes I did mean Kid Icarus.

I was referring to I was talking to Lucina v Chrom not Robin V Chrom. Robin and Chrom was the assumed lineup but obviously Chrom would take time to make him unique and Sakurai did mention even another blue haired sword wielding lord would have been much.

Tough, theyll get over the reality.

There is Wolf Flash which is a custom side B for Fox. Wolf was one of the few matchups in brawl v MK where the non MK player wasnt at a horrible disadvantage.
No, Robin was picked over Chrom. Chrom wasn't picked because he felt he would be just like Marth and Ike.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ke_it_into_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u_and_3ds

Lucina is a clone therefore took little to no time to make.

You're playing the life's tough game. Wow. Well, sorry if they want to support Bandana Dee (WHO IS ACTUALLY PRETTY LIKELY)

shane3x

Saint of Swords
No, Robin was picked over Chrom. Chrom wasn't picked because he felt he would be just like Marth and Ike.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ke_it_into_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u_and_3ds

Lucina is a clone therefore took little to no time to make.

You're playing the life's tough game. Wow. Well, sorry if they want to support Bandana Dee (WHO IS ACTUALLY PRETTY LIKELY)
Oh Sakurai, Same arguments he makes for Chrom are even more relevant to Lucina. I think people can separate Smash talk from everything else, nothing wrong with them but all caps yay that was totally needed.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
LOL, Excuse me?
Wait a moment, you are the guy with the huge forehead who posted "is this a joke thread?" in the Bandana Dee thread some weeks ago.
You can read the OP of his thread (the one that has more than 100 likes, ups) if you want to know more about the character, because it's pretty obvious that you know absolutely nothing about him and his fanbase.
If you don't like the character, be quiet, nobody is insulting Wolf or his fans in the Bandana Dee thread.
If you want to discuss about Bandana Dee, you can do it in his thread or in the general character thread, but yeah, everybody will tell you that Bandana Dee is actually one of the most popular characters in both continents, with good moveset potential and that he deserves a spot.

If you insult the character of his fanbase again without good arguments and in another character's thread, I will report you, this is not the first time.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
It's viewed over a larger audience, a handful of "I know X" does not change the fact that some series will have more well known characters compared to others regardless of being a fan or not. Sakurai said Kirby was the only rep originally to be "modest" and then put in MK and King Dedede. KD was always planned to be in the game. Its literally impossible to not have bias being the creator of a series.

First of all, you are walking on verrrrrrry thin ice insulting and trying to degrade one of the biggest threads around here.

Secondly, I can't believe you would be as cowardly as to insult an entire thread and all the supporters of that said character behind their backs, really shows your maturity, don't try to act all surperior because as of now (or whenever that famitsu article was published) Wolf is just like ANY other ballot character :)

I was actually in favor of Wolfs reinclusion to but if that's the type of "respect" you are going to give to people than I've really overestimated the maturity of you guys.

And yes that goes for everybody someone should have stepped in and told him "That is not O.K." over at the Bandana Dee thread we have never insulted a thread (unless it was a joke, or someone got in an argument) and you have no reason to insult and degrade us to that extreme of a level.

We would like an apology...

Thank You

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
First of all, you are walking on verrrrrrry thin ice insulting and trying to degrade one of the biggest threads around here.

Secondly, I can't believe you would be as cowardly as to insult an entire thread and all the supporters of that said character behind their backs, really shows your maturity, don't try to act all surperior because as of now (or whenever that famitsu article was published) Wolf is just like ANY other ballot character :)

I was actually in favor of Wolfs reinclusion to but if that's the type of "respect" you are going to give to people than I've really overestimated the maturity of you guys.

And yes that goes for everybody someone should have stepped in and told him "That is not O.K." over at the Bandana Dee thread we have never insulted a thread (unless it was a joke, or someone got in an argument) and you have no reason to insult and degrade us to that extreme of a level.

We would like an apology...

Thank You
For the record, as a Bandana Dee supporter myself, sometimes it's best to just not stir things up. I ignored it and moved on. I'm not saying you should do the same but labeling all of us for something someone else did without knowing the circumstances is wrong. A lot of people in here had nothing to do with this; leave us out of it. If you must have an apology then so be it: I am sorry. You however owe some of us here an apology as well. You calling us immature isn't anything to be proud of.

This is coming from a Bandana Dee fan, again. If @ Chandeelure Chandeelure posted a complaint about us in the Bandana Dee thread, please edit it. We don't want, nor need, any drama. Thanks, and again I will apologize for his actions but I also wish for you to apologize for calling us immature in return. See ya around.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
For the record, as a Bandana Dee supporter myself, sometimes it's best to just not stir things up. I ignored it and moved on. I'm not saying you should do the same but labeling all of us for something someone else did without knowing the circumstances is wrong. A lot of people in here had nothing to do with this; leave us out of it. If you must have an apology then so be it: I am sorry. You however owe some of us here an apology as well. You calling us immature isn't anything to be proud of.

This is coming from a Bandana Dee fan, again. If @ Chandeelure Chandeelure posted a complaint about us in the Bandana Dee thread, please edit it. We don't want, nor need, any drama. Thanks, and again I will apologize for his actions but I also wish for you to apologize for calling us immature in return. See ya around.
Haha, the big King of Likes himself has approached me...anyways

You misunderstood me, I called him immature for smack talking behind our backs.

And I apologize for any misunderstandings

but I beg in the future for someone to step in before things get this crazy.

Also, I hate doing this so it isn't really anything to be proud of, lol.

ALRIGHT back to sleep.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
*Comes back for Wolf News
"Hey guys, what wa-"
Reads Comments.

"I´ll come back later..."

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
People take things waaaaayyy too personally. Whatevers their choice. Not allowed to have an opinion in case you hurt someones feelings. This is the Internet just calm down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom