• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
So, since this is over...
did we discuss, that cut "clones" kept their special moves as customs for their "clone origin"? And how most of them came back?

Ness had Lucas Specials and he returned.
Marth/ Lucina had Roys Up Spcial (since side and down special are the same) and he returned.
Fox/ Falco have the Wolf specials and ... he will return?

(Note: I don´t know if maybe Lucario had Mewtwo ones, but maye they were to different? Duno...)

But since the DLC have no custom moves, I assume, they are (maybe) sharing them with someone else?
Or is Sakurai teasing us? Did he know, they would return and so left the hints?

Duno, need something to talk about until august.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
So, since this is over...
did we discuss, that cut "clones" kept their special moves as customs for their "clone origin"? And how most of them came back?

Ness had Lucas Specials and he returned.
Marth/ Lucina had Roys Up Spcial (since side and down special are the same) and he returned.
Fox/ Falco have the Wolf specials and ... he will return?

(Note: I don´t know if maybe Lucario had Mewtwo ones, but maye they were to different? Duno...)

But since the DLC have no custom moves, I assume, they are (maybe) sharing them with someone else?
Or is Sakurai teasing us? Did he know, they would return and so left the hints?

Duno, need something to talk about until august.
What does Falco have? Same stuff Fox has?

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I am having so much trouble trying not to stir things up again, because that is just how I am, but anyway...

I think we have asked this question a ton of times but we are still just guessing, in SFZ and Smash DLC, if he is to get in, what design and voice will he have? I really like Assault/Brawl voice, and I think I like Assault's design too.

The British accent just does not fit, however if we end up with the regular eye patch and original design that would be kind of cool, even if sort of inconsistent.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I am having so much trouble trying not to stir things up again, because that is just how I am, but anyway...

I think we have asked this question a ton of times but we are still just guessing, in SFZ and Smash DLC, if he is to get in, what design and voice will he have? I really like Assault/Brawl voice, and I think I like Assault's design too.

The British accent just does not fit, however if we end up with the regular eye patch and original design that would be kind of cool, even if sort of inconsistent.
Both iterations are pretty good, haha if they put in 64 Wolf has a skin or something and had the voice that would be amazing.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Both iterations are pretty good, haha if they put in 64 Wolf has a skin or something and had the voice that would be amazing.
That could work. There is a classic Wolf in Project M but without the voice. Nintendo could do it too since we have the Koopalings and the Robins as good examples.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Well if when you need, refer to the mighty Cloneosity thread (that has been brought out oh-so-frequently right after I first showed it)!
While this is a worst-case scenario, there ARE some kind of minor similarity between them. Though they are most likely coincidence.

Meh, I will only be able to hear the Japanese version so I suppose he will be unchanged, like how Fox and Falco did in this game (albeit manlier? lol)

For English version, I'm guessing we're getting the 64 voices back... sure the British accent doesn't fit... but look at what happened to Fox... I'm not that optimistic about the English voices now.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Well if when you need, refer to the mighty Cloneosity thread (that has been brought out oh-so-frequently right after I first showed it)!
While this is a worst-case scenario, there ARE some kind of minor similarity between them. Though they are most likely coincidence.

Meh, I will only be able to hear the Japanese version so I suppose he will be unchanged, like how Fox and Falco did in this game (albeit manlier? lol)

For English version, I'm guessing we're getting the 64 voices back... sure the British accent doesn't fit... but look at what happened to Fox... I'm not that optimistic about the English voices now.
You are scaring me. I can't handle the British accent. It does not fit at all.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

i'd like someone else to voice wolf and have it be a mix of both 64 and assault.

MainJPW

M.T.A
For this wasn't better a Change .org petition? How is Sakurai going to notice all those Wolf fans from Smashboards?
I really don't think a change.org petition is at all necessary, that's what the ballot is for. Not like they would pay attention to it anyway.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
It's going to be agony waiting for news. I wish I could sleep until August, lol.

I'm still pretty sure Wolf is pre-planned, I highly doubt they would have just thrown three DLC characters at us at the same time if more weren't in the pipeline.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Smashboards nor petitions will affect, filling miiverse would.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I wouldn't be surprised if members of the dev team looked around online in message boards and polls and such to find out which characters are popular. They were aware of Mewtwo's, Roy's, and Lucas' popularity, weren't they?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I assume the 5000 supporters list means something since most of them probably voted Wolf on the ballot. Although, I'm sure some have shown support for Wolf and not voted necessarily. They want him, but kind of secondarily or something, or they believe he's in already but still want him. I voted Wolf once myself, but all other opportunities to vote for another character on a different device have gone to Krystal... other than that one Shantae vote.

Even so, there's no guarantee Sakurai and co are "counting" votes. It'll probably just be a "well, this character has a lot of support, and we were thinking of doing them anyways" decision. I don't know that we'll ever know who the "winner" is in terms of vote numbers. Heck, we're not even sure if Nintendo has a way to weed out multiple votes. If we went on numbers alone some random character could be the leader because some silly troll has designed a program that auto votes for them every 15 minutes since the ballot was announced. I'd like to think Nintendo has some way of making sure only one vote per device or IP gets through or "counts", but there's always work-arounds for these kinds of things. Besides these issues, there's other reasons to believe that the ballot is simply a suggestion box.

It's clear that Sakurai and co have a notion of who's popular too from stuff outside the ballot. He was aware of Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy's popularity, and that was all pre-ballot stuff. Safe guesses of course, but still info he had to discover by other means besides a convenient ballot. Some support is hard to ignore I guess. Ridley support was big enough for him to address it specifically... no pun intended. So yeah, maybe he's not looking here but someone on his team has been looking somewhere before and outside the ballot for what the people want.

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
I just don't really think he will be announced by August. I think he's simply NOT going to get in...
Edit: Wolf is a violent character: decapitating d-throws, etc...

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I just don't really think he will be announced by August. I think he's simply NOT going to get in...
Edit: Wolf is a violent character: decapitating d-throws, etc...
He's nowhere near too violent for an E10+ game. I think if anyone has trouble getting in because they're too violent, it's Snake or Bayonetta. Wolf's violence is more cartoony.

Why, he's highly requested. Bad business decisions if you ask me.
Agreed, Sakurai and his team don't want death threats haha.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I can caption that gif.

Falco when he finds out Fox is actually Wolf in disguise.
Yes! Definitely do that!

As for Wolf being too violent, I just don't see it. Sure, he attacks with his claws in a feral manner and such but it's nowhere near Snake in terms of violence. Also, Smash Bros is a fighting game after all so violence is to be expected but it's not filled with blood and gore like Mortal Kombat

Speaking of Smash Bros and Mortal Kombat...
Imagine what Bowser's side B would be like.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yes! Definitely do that!

As for Wolf being too violent, I just don't see it. Sure, he attacks with his claws in a feral manner and such but it's nowhere near Snake in terms of violence. Also, Smash Bros is a fighting game after all so violence is to be expected but it's not filled with blood and gore like Mortal Kombat

Speaking of Smash Bros and Mortal Kombat...
Imagine what Bowser's side B would be like.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's going to be agony waiting for news. I wish I could sleep until August, lol.

I'm still pretty sure Wolf is pre-planned, I highly doubt they would have just thrown three DLC characters at us at the same time if more weren't in the pipeline.
I know how you feel. If I didn't have to deal with summer college, I'd gladly sleep until August came.

And I agree about Wolf being pre-planned. Maybe they have started the fanservice thing while they are still working on some pre-planned characters like Wolf.

Top Bottom