• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just had a thought about Wolf being preplanned. Now, like I said before, they may have started working on fanservice characters while they are still working on some pre-ballot characters. Now, remember the Roy and Ryu official reveal in the presentation? Well, before then, they were leaked in April when that update came around, so they were not much of a surprise. But I'd bet you all that they were planned to be a surprise to us that they did not want to reveal before the presentation, and had the leak not been made, we would have been surprised and all.

Now, considering the last two placeholder characters left in the game's data from April, I think Nintendo wants to surprise us with any remaining pre-ballot characters, like those two placeholder characters, the same way they wanted to surprise us with Ryu and Roy (even with the leak that spoiled it all). It seems Nintendo is doing better keeping the possible remaining pre-ballot characters a secret, and maybe in August, we will be surprised with any possible pre-ballot characters and maybe a ballot character as well, like how they would have surprised us with Roy and Ryu.

So, what do you all think of this?

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I just had a thought about Wolf being preplanned. Now, like I said before, they may have started working on fanservice characters while they are still working on some pre-ballot characters. Now, remember the Roy and Ryu official reveal in the presentation? Well, before then, they were leaked in April when that update came around, so they were not much of a surprise. But I'd bet you all that they were planned to be a surprise to us that they did not want to reveal before the presentation, and had the leak not been made, we would have been surprised and all.

Now, considering the last two placeholder characters left in the game's data from April, I think Nintendo wants to surprise us with any remaining pre-ballot characters, like those two placeholder characters, the same way they wanted to surprise us with Ryu and Roy (even with the leak that spoiled it all). It seems Nintendo is doing better keeping the possible remaining pre-ballot characters a secret, and maybe in August, we will be surprised with any possible pre-ballot characters and maybe a ballot character as well, like how they would have surprised us with Roy and Ryu.

So, what do you all think of this?
I wouldn't be surprised at all, in fact, I really hope that Wolf is pre ballot! Since Roy and Ryu got leaked, I think the dev team is trying much harder to prevent future DLC from being leaked. So, if we don't see Wolf's files in an update, I feel we still shouldn't worry about him. I just wonder who would be the other place holder character. I'm thinking a Rhythm Heaven character or maybe the Ice Climbers (who knows, they possibly were able to get them working on the 3DS).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wouldn't be surprised at all, in fact, I really hope that Wolf is pre ballot! Since Roy and Ryu got leaked, I think the dev team is trying much harder to prevent future DLC from being leaked. So, if we don't see Wolf's files in an update, I feel we still shouldn't worry about him. I just wonder who would be the other place holder character. I'm thinking a Rhythm Heaven character or maybe the Ice Climbers (who knows, they possibly were able to get them working on the 3DS).
Agreed, masterofcircuits. Whatever the case is, they should definitely have something pre-ballot that should surprise us by the time August comes around. Plus, they are trying harder to prevent such DLC from being leaked. Now, I wonder who the other placeholder character would be?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't know if I've said this before or not but I'm willing to drop all of my mains and secondaries you see on my signature (except for :rosalina: and :4megaman:) just to play as Wolf again if he makes it back. He and those two I've mentioned would be the only ones I would ever play as in the game. My very own Three Musketeers.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Agreed, masterofcircuits. Whatever the case is, they should definitely have something pre-ballot that should surprise us by the time August comes around. Plus, they are trying harder to prevent such DLC from being leaked. Now, I wonder who the other placeholder character would be?
Who knows? All I could guess is possibly a Rhythm Heaven character ( I've heard rumors that one was planned, but idk), Snake (if Nintendo and Konami can reach an agreement), and Ice Climbers (if they can get them to work on the 3DS). Or it could be neither of these, it is Sakurai you know.

I don't know if I've said this before or not but I'm willing to drop all of my mains and secondaries you see on my signature (except for :rosalina: and :4megaman:) just to play as Wolf again if he makes it back. He and those two I've mentioned would be the only ones I would ever play as in the game. My very own Three Musketeers.
:wolf:,:4myfriends:,:4shulk:. Those would be my Three Musketeers :)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I, uh, wouldn't actually play Wolf if he returned.

I did have an Unholy Trinity in Brawl, though.

:rob::lucas::wolf:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Stop being so confident guys, lament will be bigger.
I'll just remain optimistic. Cautiously optimistic, but optimistic, nonetheless. I will be that way as long as there is no shred of proof that Wolf will not get in.

StormC

Smash Hero
You guys are occupying the thread of the most likely character to be added as Smash 4 DLC. Relax.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
You guys are occupying the thread of the most likely character to be added as Smash 4 DLC. Relax.
Who's to say?Who's to say anything when Sakurai's around?
Not saying unlikely AT ALL,but it is Sakurai.

Anyway,WHAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE I WAS LAST HERE?WHY MUST YOU STOP ALERTING ME OF THIS THREAD'S ACTIVITY,SMASHBOARDS?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I think its time someone made the smash 3 Wolf model more detailed, like making him look more like Brawl Wolf, mainly adding purple outline and the decals.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Stop being so damn negative. We have no reason to think Wolf isn't getting in.
"Sakurai will never cut Mewtwo. He's unique and a very popular pokemon"

I firmly believe we will get Wolf, but nothing is ever set in stone.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Also I've gotten the supporter list up to 2500, this is just the number of Wolf supporters I've found, this is no where near the total number of Wolf supporters worldwide, but its hard to find Wolf supporters when your just one guy surfing through Youtube comments, looking for Wolf supporters. At least those Wolf supporters are being recognized, and that's part of what the main supporter list is about.
Also a new Wolf gif,
Who's DLC character #5?

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Also I've gotten the supporter list up to 2500, this is just the number of Wolf supporters I've found, this is no where near the total number of Wolf supporters worldwide, but its hard to find Wolf supporters when your just one guy surfing through Youtube comments, looking for Wolf supporters. At least those Wolf supporters are being recognized, and that's part of what the main supporter list is about.
Also a new Wolf gif,
Who's DLC character #5?
Now, introducing DLC character number 5, VINCE MCMAHON!
NO CHANCE, THAT'S WHAT CHA GOT!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Also a new Wolf gif,
Who's DLC character #5?

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Also a new Wolf gif,
Who's DLC character #5?
#5 Wolf,yes please.
Good one,bro.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
It's actually from a top 10 DLC character video.
I see, but never saw one who put Wolf at 5th.

As I've told you, I came from watching endless video's on inspection about Whoever's coming back, or whoever they want most.

For prediction, most people said Wolf would be #1, no doubt.

For want, this is a bit arbitrary. I see a few videos that would not include cut veterans because they will dominate the whole poll (But one points out he'd be ~4th if he's included), and most of them put Wolf at around 7-9th place. I saw one at ~3rd (And that's one of the few posts I agree with most), but it's not that common.

So meh.

I think its time someone made the smash 3 Wolf model more detailed, like making him look more like Brawl Wolf, mainly adding purple outline and the decals.
Agreed, for some reason I find the haircut weird and stuff... Maybe it's just me.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
If Sakurai had more resources and time we would have custom specials and standard moves making characters like Dark Pit and Doctor Mario obsolete as characters and can become what they originally were planned as to allow diversification of the other characters.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
"Sakurai will never cut Mewtwo. He's unique and a very popular pokemon"

I firmly believe we will get Wolf, but nothing is ever set in stone.
Mewtwo was only cut due to time constraints, and because the Wii wasn't capable of DLC. He, Roy, and Dr. Mario were all planned for Brawl, but were low priority.
It's very likely that those three were all planned for the base game of Sm4sh, but were again low priority, along with Lucas and Wolf. Dr. Mario barely made it in as a last-minute clone. With DLC, time constraints and priority are no longer an issue. Lucas and Wolf both have assets in Smash 4, which tells me that they at least had a little work done on them, until it became apparent to the dev team that they weren't going to get finished in time, causing them to be set aside for DLC later.

Sakurai has stated that he hates and really stresses about cutting characters, because it upsets those characters' fans, hence why three of the first four DLC characters in the series are returning veterans.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Mewtwo was only cut due to time constraints, and because the Wii wasn't capable of DLC. He, Roy, and Dr. Mario were all planned for Brawl, but were low priority.
It's very likely that those three were all planned for the base game of Sm4sh, but were again low priority, along with Lucas and Wolf. Dr. Mario barely made it in as a last-minute clone. With DLC, time constraints and priority are no longer an issue. Lucas and Wolf both have assets in Smash 4, which tells me that they at least had a little work done on them, until it became apparent to the dev team that they weren't going to get finished in time, causing them to be set aside for DLC later.

Sakurai has stated that he hates and really stresses about cutting characters, because it upsets those characters' fans, hence why three of the first four DLC characters in the series are returning veterans.
Dr Mario is planned as an alt costume all the way in Sm4sh. But Sakurai felt that Dr Mario could have been its own character, so he's split into a clone, and changing a few numbers and giving him back the Dr Tornado, etc.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the Wii supported DLC but very few developers used it. I'm probably wrong.
It didn't support DLC. Not when Brawl was released, at least.
Brawl used full capabilities of the Wii Optical Disc. 7GB and a bit more. I don't think it was capable for more content.
DLC doesn't use disc space. If that's what you're referring to.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Dr Mario is planned as an alt costume all the way in Sm4sh. But Sakurai felt that Dr Mario could have been its own character, so he's split into a clone, and changing a few numbers and giving him back the Dr Tornado, etc.
Its more he was going to be an skin but because he wanted to give them slightly different properties and smash 4 only allows for custom specials and not standard moves and properties such as weight etc... he just copy/pasted/tweaked him.

I think if Smash 5 comes around they will expand the custom specials feature to also include standard moves and properties of characters hence rendering Dr Mario and friends into their true role they were planned for along and belong in, Skins.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Its more he was going to be an skin but because he wanted to give them slightly different properties and smash 4 only allows for custom specials and not standard moves and properties such as weight etc... he just copy/pasted/tweaked him.

I think if Smash 5 comes around they will expand the custom specials feature to also include standard moves and properties of characters hence rendering Dr Mario and friends into their true role they were planned for along and belong in, Skins.
If this does happen,

GOOD ****ING BYE DR. MARIO!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What software is needed in order to do this,

I want to make a parody of the Indiana Jones swordsman scene, with Wolf and the monkey ninja/shulk. Basically Wolf plays Indy and gets to say Can't let you do that before he finishes the swordsman (Shulk/monkey ninja).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What software is needed in order to do this,

I want to make a parody of the Indiana Jones swordsman scene, with Wolf and the monkey ninja/shulk. Basically Wolf plays Indy and gets to say Can't let you do that before he finishes the swordsman (Shulk/monkey ninja).
Photoshop. You take the original video, split it into frames, edit the ones you need, delete the rest, convert those pictures to a gif. Simple as that!

Top Bottom