• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
That's not new. I don't know where it comes from, but it's definitely not modern HD artwork. They probably got it from some old promo art hardly anyone saw.
meh your in denial, ive never heard of a promo that no one saw, and i never have seen this render anywhere except for the amiibo site

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If I had to guess I'd say it was made from Fox's Smash 4 model because he doesn't have any good renders. Command and 643D's are deliberately plastic to emulate the style that official art used in the 90's when rendering fur was the fevered dream of a mad man.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If I had to guess I'd say it was made from Fox's Smash 4 model because he doesn't have any good renders. Command and 643D's are deliberately plastic to emulate the style that official art used in the 90's when rendering fur was the fevered dream of a mad man.
Then why not just use the smash 4 art or not include him at all. If you're gonna make new renders for this amiibo ad, why just make one for Fox and no one else?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think there is something significant going on but I'm hesitant to jump to conclusions.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Have to say it's rather odd that Link is in his 2D Twilight Princess art style. Especially when all the others are more modern.

Edit: On a side note: This'd be some pretty great Signature Art.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Have to say it's rather odd that Link is in his 2D Twilight Princess art style. Especially when all the others are more modern.

Edit: On a side note: This'd be some pretty great Signature Art.
Yeah that Fox is new, I even looked at the full group shot for smash bros Wii U/3DS,

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
That Fox render is used in Mario Kart 8 on the amiibo tracksuit screen too. In other words, it's been used since Nov. 2014 at the earliest when MK8 got amiibo support

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Welp, 27th of April is over in Japan, and with it, Wolf's birthday.

IT'S OVER, WOLF DECONFIRMED FOREVER, NINTENDO CONFIRMED FOR HATING FUN

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The staff must have hated Other M like 99.3% of the population and decided to sneak in Metroid Prime (released in 2002) art instead.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's funny how the banner uses different art in general from the Amiibo page. Not sure about all the "Mario" renders, but Samus and Link in the banner and the Amiibo page are totally different. Link is his Twilight Princess self in the banner but his Skyward Sword self on the Amiibo page. Samus is her Other M self in the banner but her Prime self on the Amiibo page. The fact that there's two different Fox renders from banner to Amiibo page doesn't seem as odd assuming the banner Noivern posted last is the original. What's odd is if they chose to change it. Assuming the new Fox render is actually representative of his new look, will the Link in the banner change once Zelda gets more developed. Or maybe this banner will have been tossed aside for entirely new art. I do wonder about the Falcon on the Amiibo page too.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
So today is the fabled 27'th of April, aka Star Fox 64's release date, and no news regarding Wolf :confused:
I'm disappointed too, but we can't lose hope. Just keep supporting him and I know he'll be announced in no time. We've gone too far to give up! Though to be honest I'm probably the person with the least right to say that since I'm stressed to no end with finishing up the semester here in engineering school.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Hey there, everyone! I'm a new member here at Smashboards and I just joined yesterday.

Wolf was a character I really enjoyed playing as in Brawl, I really liked his moveset and he was a lot of fun to use, and I was pretty sad when I found out he was cut from Smash 4.

He's my most wanted Brawl veteran to return (At the beginning it was Lucas, but now he's back) and my 2nd most wanted veteran of the series as a whole to return alongside Roy.

So I would love to be added to the supporters list and start to show my support for Wolf the same way I'm currently doing so for Roy.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Hey there, everyone! I'm a new member here at Smashboards and I just joined yesterday.

Wolf was a character I really enjoyed playing as in Brawl, I really liked his moveset and he was a lot of fun to use, and I was pretty sad when I found out he was cut from Smash 4.

He's my most wanted Brawl veteran to return (At the beginning it was Lucas, but now he's back) and my 2nd most wanted veteran of the series as a whole to return alongside Roy.

So I would love to be added to the supporters list and start to show my support for Wolf the same way I'm currently doing so for Roy.
Welcome! I'd post a confetti gif but I'm too lazy to find one so you will have to make do with this: (Throws confetti)

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Sakuri never seems to follow anniversaries so I knew the chances of any news today was slim to none.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] - So I've noticed that alot of the DLC character forums have their own promo signature... We don't have one... So I got artsy again and made one. If it's well recieved, I guess it can become the official signature here, and the regulars can use it if they don't have one already.

The design is simple. The "Galaxy' in the background was ripped from the new "Star Fox Horizons" website. I mixed it in with an overlay of the slash lines in the beginning of all the SSB4 chaacter trailers. Makes the galaxy part form to the Smash Bros symbol.

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] - So I've noticed that alot of the DLC character forums have their own promo signature... We don't have one... So I got artsy again and made one. If it's well recieved, I guess it can become the official signature here, and the regulars can use it if they don't have one already.

The design is simple. The "Galaxy' in the background was ripped from the new "Star Fox Horizons" website. I mixed it in with an overlay of the slash lines in the beginning of all the SSB4 chaacter trailers. Makes the galaxy part form to the Smash Bros symbol.
We're gonna have fun with this thing :wolf:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

I take it you're feeling the power:awesome: Anyway welcome to Smashboards. Also we now have 2400 supporters on the list.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Did anyone really think they were going to announce Wold DLC on Star Fox 64's anniversary.
I didn't know it was Star Fox 64's anniversary, so no. Besides, unlike most people in the Smash community, I don't jump into conclusions, but still hoping that Wolf would be announced at some point. It may or may not happen...but who knows.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
You know what would be complete torture but also very satisfying? If Wolf was the last DLC character in the game kind of like how he was the last character you unlock in Brawl (for most people anyway). I even made up a scenario that will never happen to go with it:

So say we get 3+ more characters after Lucas and "Royu". Than Iwata or whoever during a direct announces the "last character" with their reveal trailer, says that whoever is "the last character" for DLC when either 1) a laser tries to shoot them but misses or 2) You hear a familiar voice say either: "play time's over" or "I'm owed an apology-and I WILL have it!" or any other good Wolf quote. Than the iconic "smash trailer opening" thing happens, Wolf gets confirmed at the last second because he can't let Star Fox take all the glory 4 himself, haters cry their hearts out, fans howl at the moon, I literally die of happiness and never get the chance to use him I pull off a "Etika Mewtwo reaction" and everybody wins since we finally get my best/favorite/the only character I liked in Brawl Wolf back.

I had fun with that ^ thing

I based the above scenario from all of Wolf's "last minute" appearances he does in the games he's in. (True Venom path in 64, saving Fox in Assault on the Corneria level, last character to appear in Brawl/last character worked on/last character added to the game)

Hopefully it doesn't happen because I hate waiting beyond recognition but if it guaranteed Wolf getting into the game, I'll wait for as long as it takes, as painful as it would be.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Even though it may not be Smash, I'm glad there's a likely possibility we could see Wolf at E3 with a Starfox trailer being inevitable.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Even though it may not be Smash, I'm glad there's a likely possibility we could see Wolf at E3 with a Starfox trailer being inevitable.
It's extremely likely. He's been confirmed to be in the game, and he even has his own mode dedicated to him.
I believe they're going to show Star Fox Wii U at E3. Why wouldn't they? It's one of their biggest games of the year (along with Splatoon and Xenoblade X)

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Wolf's chances are extremely high if you ask me. I'm thinking he's gonna be announced at E3 alongside more Star Fox Wii U information, but even if that doesn't happen, he's arguably the veteran with the highest chance of returning currently.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
If he isn't announced at E3 (which better happen), I wouldn't be surprised if he's announced 2 months before Star Fox Wii U comes out and is released around that time period.

I based this off the fact that Lucas got revealed in April and is released 2 months later in June.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm not so sure we'll get Wolf at E3, he wasn't found in the data meaning he'll likely come after Ryu and Roy. Roy could be announced at the Fire Emblem concert in July while Ryu at E3. Also there seems to be a pattern forming
Melee vet - Mewtwo
Brawl Vet - Lucas
Newcomer - Ryu
Melee vet - Roy
Then we could have Wolf and then a newcomer (Dixie, Isaac etc)

Top Bottom