• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
You know what would be complete torture but also very satisfying? If Wolf was the last DLC character in the game kind of like how he was the last character you unlock in Brawl (for most people anyway). I even made up a scenario that will never happen to go with it:

So say we get 3+ more characters after Lucas and "Royu". Than Iwata or whoever during a direct announces the "last character" with their reveal trailer, says that whoever is "the last character" for DLC when either 1) a laser tries to shoot them but misses or 2) You hear a familiar voice say either: "play time's over" or "I'm owed an apology-and I WILL have it!" or any other good Wolf quote. Than the iconic "smash trailer opening" thing happens, Wolf gets confirmed at the last second because he can't let Star Fox take all the glory 4 himself, haters cry their hearts out, fans howl at the moon, I literally die of happiness and never get the chance to use him I pull off a "Etika Mewtwo reaction" and everybody wins since we finally get my best/favorite/the only character I liked in Brawl Wolf back.

I had fun with that ^ thing

I based the above scenario from all of Wolf's "last minute" appearances he does in the games he's in. (True Venom path in 64, saving Fox in Assault on the Corneria level, last character to appear in Brawl/last character worked on/last character added to the game)

Hopefully it doesn't happen because I hate waiting beyond recognition but if it guaranteed Wolf getting into the game, I'll wait for as long as it takes, as painful as it would be.
That's cool. I personally think he'll show up after the Star Fox presentation. He better! Or else!!!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm not so sure we'll get Wolf at E3, he wasn't found in the data meaning he'll likely come after Ryu and Roy. Roy could be announced at the Fire Emblem concert in July while Ryu at E3. Also there seems to be a pattern forming
Melee vet - Mewtwo
Brawl Vet - Lucas
Newcomer - Ryu
Melee vet - Roy
Then we could have Wolf and then a newcomer (Dixie, Isaac etc)
Hasn't formed yet. If Ryu, and Roy get announced, then I will be hoping for Wolf to be the Brawl veteran in the pattern. (Then I will be hyped for the next newcomer.)

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I'm not so sure we'll get Wolf at E3, he wasn't found in the data meaning he'll likely come after Ryu and Roy. Roy could be announced at the Fire Emblem concert in July while Ryu at E3. Also there seems to be a pattern forming
Melee vet - Mewtwo
Brawl Vet - Lucas
Newcomer - Ryu
Melee vet - Roy
Am I the only one that doesn't believe that leak? It just doesn't add up. There really is no proof that this is legit, for all we know it could have been a prank. I just don't see Ryu in Smash. Roy, maybe. There are just so many other characters more heavily requested. Plus, the files weren't found on the Wii U version, so that makes it even more fishy.

Though I'm thinking that Roy just may just be an alt for Marth. I'd be more than content with that. Though I will admit having 2 characters named Roy in Smash would be odd. Also, Ryu just seems too out of place for Smash imo. Again, it just doesn't add up to me.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Am I the only one that doesn't believe that leak? It just doesn't add up. There really is no proof that this is legit, for all we know it could have been a prank. I just don't see Ryu in Smash. Roy, maybe. There are just so many other characters more heavily requested. Plus, the files weren't found on the Wii U version, so that makes it even more fishy.

Though I'm thinking that Roy just may just be an alt for Marth. I'd be more than content with that. Though I will admit having 2 characters named Roy in Smash would be odd. Also, Ryu just seems too out of place for Smash imo. Again, it just doesn't add up to me.
I'm in more of a: Lets wait and see position.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

well they were in the files, victory fanfares and all, one of my friends showed me as well.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
well they were in the files, victory fanfares and all, one of my friends showed me as well.
Still, ever since all of these Smash leaks have been proven false in the past, I like to take these things with a heaping tablespoon of salt.

I'm in more of a: Lets wait and see position.
Totally Agreed.

Ditto. Still, I can hope that Wolf will be announced at E3.
We just gotta keep having faith. For all we know he's currently being worked on as we speak.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Yeah you and one other guy from here.

Listen bruh, the files have been confirmed by multiple different groups, and I'm sure (Like I've said 20 billion times over) that Shinyquagsire wouldn't destroy his reputation in the 3DS community by doing this as a prank >_>

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Melee vet - Mewtwo
Brawl Vet - Lucas
Newcomer - Ryu
Melee vet - Roy
I doubt all the files they were using in development were left behind in the patch data. Roy and Ryu are in the data, but it could be it's actually Wolf that's further along. They were just more careful about removing his dev build data before uploading the patch. At least, that's a theory. We really know so little other than what we can assume based on the scraps Nintendo has dropped for us.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I doubt all the files they were using in development were left behind in the patch data. Roy and Ryu are in the data, but it could be it's actually Wolf that's further along. They were just more careful about removing his dev build data before uploading the patch. At least, that's a theory. We really know so little other than what we can assume based on the scraps Nintendo has dropped for us.
This makes the most sense to me because they wouldn't want to reveal him before they feel the time is right. Didn't they find files on Wolf in the game when the game was released?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This makes the most sense to me because they wouldn't want to reveal him before they feel the time is right. Didn't they find files on Wolf in the game when the game was released?
I feel like I've heard those rumors, but it's been a while and I just don't know. Someone here I'm sure knows better. I might look it up otherwise.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
In other news, this thread has now hit over 100,000 views.

It doesn't mean jack but it shows that people want to see Wolf come back and that this is one of the more popular DLC threads.

If someone has any good Wolf victory gifs that would be pretty fitting.

Also if/when Wolf is confirmed, we gotta get his Assault multi-player victory pose with the dual machine guns blazing added to the front page along with the quote "Victory is Mine!" That, would be perfect.

TIL

Smash Rookie
NNID
SDMdom
I support Wolf as DLC, how do I get added to the list?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
If he isn't announced at E3 (which better happen), I wouldn't be surprised if he's announced 2 months before Star Fox Wii U comes out and is released around that time period.

I based this off the fact that Lucas got revealed in April and is released 2 months later in June.
Don't count on it. He'll be closer to release of Star Fox U. Ryu and maybe Roy are E3. Wolf will probably be like October.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I support Wolf as DLC, how do I get added to the list?
@ [Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] will add you if you show interest (which you have). I was actually added and I had no idea, not that I'm complaining haha :p.
In other news, this thread has now hit over 100,000 views.

It doesn't mean jack but it shows that people want to see Wolf come back and that this is one of the more popular DLC threads.

If someone has any good Wolf victory gifs that would be pretty fitting.

Also if/when Wolf is confirmed, we gotta get his Assault multi-player victory pose with the dual machine guns blazing added to the front page along with the quote "Victory is Mine!" That, would be perfect.
I have a couple of related things. I just don't know how to upload an image from my computer on here; I only know how to use an internet image. Anybody know how?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Don't count on it. He'll be closer to release of Star Fox U. Ryu and maybe Roy are E3. Wolf will probably be like October.
"If he isn't announced at E3 (which better happen), I wouldn't be surprised if he's announced 2 months before Star Fox Wii U comes out and is released around that time period."

I don't count on anything.

I just hate waiting with a passion and E3 is the closest thing for big announcements.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just hate waiting with a passion and E3 is the closest thing for big announcements.
I know how you feel. Waiting is a pain for me as well. If only E3 could come sooner...

With all this talk of Star Fox U, I have suddenly gained an interest in that game. I suddenly want to see more of it.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
So question(sorry if asked before), but if Wolf was to be DLC hopefully, after they show off Starfox properly. Should he have his Starfox U design, Brawl one or...?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
So question(sorry if asked before), but if Wolf was to be DLC hopefully, after they show off Starfox properly. Should he have his Starfox U design, Brawl one or...?
Pretty sure we've decided that the brawl design will be for Wolf.

I dont think the Starfox Wii U design will be new, as we've mentioned and shown a render of Fox that is brand new and based off smash 4 on the Amiibo site, which most of us think is his render for the new game, concluding that the Brawl designs will be used in StarFox U.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Pretty sure we've decided that the brawl design will be for Wolf.

I dont think the Starfox Wii U design will be new, as we've mentioned and shown a render of Fox that is brand new and based off smash 4 on the Amiibo site, which most of us think is his render for the new game, concluding that the Brawl designs will be used in StarFox U.
Hmm, I missed this. Where is this render? I don't see it on the amiibo site.
Though just because Fox uses a render based on Smash 4, doesn't really tell whether Wolf will or not.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
When Wolf returns, I'm pretty sure they'll most likely use the same design from Brawl like they did with Fox and Falco.

He may or may not get a new design in Star Fox Wii U, though.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That makes a surprising amount of sense, don't know why it never came to mind

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
That makes a surprising amount of sense, don't know why it never came to mind
It's at least a possibility with Wolf or really any other character. We already know we're not seeing all of the dev build obviously. Who knows what else we don't know. Those Roy and Ryu files are more than we expected already.

Could be your assumption is correct however and we really will get Ryu and Roy first and the fact that their files were specifically left behind is telling. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I know how you feel. Waiting is a pain for me as well. If only E3 could come sooner...

With all this talk of Star Fox U, I have suddenly gained an interest in that game. I suddenly want to see more of it.
Someone thought it was a good idea to make E3 happen on the 16th instead of like the 5th or the first week of June like it usually is so that really stings.

When I first heard that Star Fox Wii U was going use the game pad as the primary(or even only) controller, 2 things crossed my mind:

1: Potentially annoying/dumb motion controls forced onto everyone with no option for traditional controls.

2: No chance of Assault-like multiplayer. Some of the greatest fun I've had was from that mode. IMO it's the only game that can rival smash in multiplayer fun. Maybe even surpass it, but I'll never know since no one plays couch multiplayer anymore (especially where I live). The fact that I managed to get 3 player matches going so many years ago is already an achievement. Those matches were incredible. Those were good times that will never be replicated. I can only imagine what 4 players would've been like.

But considering that there may not be any other games for me to play this year besides it, I'll take anything. Maybe it will actually be amazing like 64 or Assault. (I love Assault, my favorite in the series and one of my favorite games of all time.)

There are only 2 guarantees:

1: E3 will happen eventually with the inevitable reveal of Star Fox Wii U
2: I will main Wolf if/when he is released.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think without a shadow of a doubt we will see Wolf.

But, when, I have no idea.

To go along with what @ jahkzheng jahkzheng said, I actually thought of a similar theory when Ryu and Roy were first found.

Judging by the fact that Ryu and Roy have virtually no files besides music, and absolutely none on the Wii U, I think that they were accidentally left behind, and Wolf is actually really far along. I do remember a rumor after the game released about Lucas and Wolf sound files being found in the game. This was after Mewtwo was announced. If this is true, it could simply mean Wolf was already in development before Mewtwo was even announced.

I think the whole thing about finding 5 slots in the code for more characters EVEN FURTHER supports Wolf, because why would they randomly have 2 other slots in there for no reason? I think this means 2 other characters are being worked on, my guess is Wolf and Inkling. The Ballot is not even finished with yet, why would they have planned out exactly what/how many characters already, 8-9 months before it even ends?

E3 will be a time of celebration. My guess is Wolf, Ryu, and maybe Inkling at E3, with Roy at the Fire Emblem Concert.

Hopefully.

If this happens I think I would be fine if there was no more DLC even.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
My Personal predictions on these 5 PrePlanned non poll characters.

I think Ryu will be shown at e3 as well as Capcom vs Nintendo.

Wolf will either be shown in a Star Fox Wii u related direct or at e3 after Star Fox Wii u is finally shown off.

Roy will most likely have a trailer be shown off at the fire emblem concert.

And lastly the last PrePlanned character will be Ice Climbers in September since sakurai has had time to get them working on them for the 3ds version.

I don't believe snake is coming back unless he does well on the smash poll and even then it still might not be enough.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Wolf will either be shown in a Star Fox Wii u related direct or at e3 after Star Fox Wii u is finally shown off.

And lastly the last PrePlanned character will be Ice Climbers in September since sakurai has had time to get them working on them for the 3ds version.

I don't believe snake is coming back unless he does well on the smash poll and even then it still might not be enough.
I could only wish.
:popo::wolf::roypm:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

Well, the 2 previous E3s had 3 characters announced, so is it a possibility the same could happen this year?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Hmm, I missed this. Where is this render? I don't see it on the amiibo site.
Though just because Fox uses a render based on Smash 4, doesn't really tell whether Wolf will or not.
i believe the render is a few pages back here and you should find it, and if fox can look like smash 4, wolf would look so out of place (plus i really want the assault model to burn in a fire)

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I mean think about it, if it took Sakurai roughly 3 years to make Smash 4(assuming that production started early 2012 like he says), why does it take his team from October till June (possibly longer) just to make 4 fighters? Even with the decreased team size that seems like a bit of a low. Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, and Roy are without a doubt not alone in terms of who is currently being worked on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom