• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Colololin

Smash Cadet
Put me in the squad. Its better to add him as DLC than to listen to us all cry Wolf for the next 8 years.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
About 25 days until the digital event, I hope they have a mini smash bros DLC direct before then, because if not, its gonna be a long wait.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of the digital event, I wanna ask something. In E3 2013, I believe that the Wii Fit Trainer was revealed for Smash sometime after the first Smash Bros trailer was revealed and Villager and Mega Man were announced. In E3 2014, Pac-Man was revealed after the digital event. They were revealed on the same respective days, right? If so, exactly how long after the Direct/Digital were WFT and Pac-Man revealed? Just curious.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I might've asked this before but when does E3 begin in Eastern Standard Time?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait. Digital event is on Tuesday. I work on Tuesday. Oh, it's on at 6 PM! Judging by my hours I'll have plenty of time to pick up a friend and cycle to a place with more friends to watch the Digital Event together! Wait. My shift ends at 6 PM starting next week. ****

For Yoshisaurus

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I remember seeing someone named non specific guy (now called non specific hokori) around here before I joined but now I never see him.

How come he never comes here anymore?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Wait. Digital event is on Tuesday. I work on Tuesday. Oh, it's on at 6 PM! Judging by my hours I'll have plenty of time to pick up a friend and cycle to a place with more friends to watch the Digital Event together! Wait. My shift ends at 6 PM starting next week. ****

For Yoshisaurus
What's a Bethesda?... Anyway to the time zone maps! (Cause I may or may not know what time zone I am in.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's a Bethesda?... Anyway to the time zone maps! (Cause I may or may not know what time zone I am in.)
The guys who made Fallout and Skyrim
I remember seeing someone named non specific guy (now called non specific hokori) around here before I joined but now I never see him.

How come he never comes here anymore?
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy doesn't always get to be active, but he's on a crap ton of threads

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I love this thread. I love the people in this thread. But I left when I did because of the negativity floating around this place. After Roy and Ryu were "leaked" people started freaking out and believing that he wasn't going to make it back. Which was dumb. He's pretty much a shoo-in. I would love to main the thread again if that crap doesn't happen again because, like I said, I love this thread and its users. :)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I love this thread. I love the people in this thread. But I left when I did because of the negativity floating around this place. After Roy and Ryu were "leaked" people started freaking out and believing that he wasn't going to make it back. Which was dumb. He's pretty much a shoo-in. I would love to main the thread again if that crap doesn't happen again because, like I said, I love this thread and its users. :)
I like you too, friend. :3

get it cuz you like things a lot

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Bring me up to speed. There was negativity in this thread? I remember it being pretty calm here, not to mention upbeat.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of the digital event, I wanna ask something. In E3 2013, I believe that the Wii Fit Trainer was revealed for Smash sometime after the first Smash Bros trailer was revealed and Villager and Mega Man were announced. In E3 2014, Pac-Man was revealed after the digital event. They were revealed on the same respective days, right? If so, exactly how long after the Direct/Digital were WFT and Pac-Man revealed? Just curious.
Is anyone going to answer my question?

StormC

Smash Hero
Pac-Man was revealed like... 12 hours after? At the most. WFT was almost immediately after.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's funny, all the negativity here was the reason I joined in the first place.

What's even more funny, the last post you liked was made the day before I joined. If only I joined sooner...

And what's even funnier is that a little while after you left, @StormshockNightbringer took over your role of liking everyone's post.

So even though you left, the likes kept coming anyway.

Now on to the good stuff:

My goal of joining was to bring some optimism to this place since Wolf's chances of getting in the game are 99.9%

I'm very proud of this post I made in particular:

Man this place is more barren than Titania Desert. Can't let that happen so here's some encouragement. (Wall of text incoming: deploy the landmaster)

There is literally absolutely no reason for Wolf to not make it into the game. With Lucas (and most likely Roy) confirmed, Wolf has literally no competition to be next in line against veterans, which are the most wanted and the easiest to make. The only veterans that can challenge him are Snake and the Ice Climbers, but their chances of making it into the game are very slim. Wolf is more popular than any remaining potential newcomer if polls mean anything and is definitely much easier to get into the game even if he wasn't thanks to Brawl data porting and having his move set "already done" compared to newcomers who need to be made from scratch. Faster release plus less costs = more profit. Plus with Star Fox Wii U, the advertising potential is huge plus it gives Wolf a new game which kills the "irrelevance argument" which Lucas already killed. The whole "Fox stole 1 custom move so he can't be in" means jack since Lucas still has all of his specials which Ness "stole" from him. And before some brings up "The Wolf color for Fox" I point to the Mario "Wario" color and vice versa along with the Marth "Roy" color. Lastly, the Wolf trophy? Since Mewtwo gets brand new trophy's, the assault trophy is just a bonus trophy and doesn't hurt his chances one bit. The character selection screen doesn't mean jack anymore since Mewtwo got put in a "DLC corner" .

Literally THE ONLY reason Wolf won't be in is developer bias/the staff has an unreasonable hate/grudge against him. But considering Namco's the developer of this game and the fact they developed Star Fox: Assault (which got a whole trophy box dedicated to it), they can't let that happen.

I'm not sure how effective my efforts have been, but I'm remaining optimistic until the very end regardless of what pops up.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
From what I can recall, the Wii Fit Trainer was revealed almost immediately afterwards (wasn't able to watch E3 live, so I'm not entirely sure), and Pac-Man was revealed really late at night after the digital event (want to say sometime around midnight or 1 am).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
From what I can recall, the Wii Fit Trainer was revealed almost immediately afterwards (wasn't able to watch E3 live, so I'm not entirely sure), and Pac-Man was revealed really late at night after the digital event (want to say sometime around midnight or 1 am).
So, if there is a third DLC character revealed at E3, which is perhaps likely, do you think they'll show the third character on the same day?

StormC

Smash Hero
I'll be surprised if we even get two DLC characters announced. Smash 4 is already out so they have less reason to focus so much on the game at E3, in addition to the fact that they would want to keep DLC going as long as they can.

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie
@ StormC StormC Considering the amount of fighters that were likely submitted into the character ballot, I doubt it would b hard to keep DLC running for a while.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
We like you too. :chuckle:

So, if there is a third DLC character revealed at E3, which is perhaps likely, do you think they'll show the third character on the same day?
Hmm. Well I've been thinking about what could go down at E3 and here's what I propose. Ryu takes the place of Mega Man and Pac-Man as being the big third party newcomer, he will be revealed during the presentation. From what I hear, Sakurai is going to a Fire Emblem concert after E3. Roy could be the character revealed a little bit after the presentation. That leaves one slot left during the presentation if we're hoping for three characters. Wolf anyone?

StormC

Smash Hero
@ StormC StormC Considering the amount of fighters that were likely submitted into the character ballot, I doubt it would b hard to keep DLC running for a while.
Well, Sakurai himself said to not expect a lot of fighters, so their smaller development team is going to take a good while longer to create brand new characters from scratch. We don't even know how long Ryu has been in development; maybe before even Mewtwo.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Hmm. Well I've been thinking about what could go down at E3 and here's what I propose. Ryu takes the place of Mega Man and Pac-Man as being the big third party newcomer, he will be revealed during the presentation. From what I hear, Sakurai is going to a Fire Emblem concert after E3. Roy could be the character revealed a little bit after the presentation. That leaves one slot left during the presentation if we're hoping for three characters. Wolf anyone?
I hope Wolf will be announced during E3. Anyone else think that may happen?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As the spear head of the Wolf Campaign's Twitter, it was my responsibility to stay active in the community no matter what. And for that I apologize.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

Your avatar is killing me. (in a good way)

"Childhood nostalgia rush intensifies to dangerous levels"

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well, Sakurai himself said to not expect a lot of fighters, so their smaller development team is going to take a good while longer to create brand new characters from scratch. We don't even know how long Ryu has been in development; maybe before even Mewtwo.
I think we will get:
:roymelee: because they can easily use Marth as a template, and work from there. + popularity.
:icsmelee:.......Maybe. I think it's possible, and there is no way Sakuri just forgot about them. Besides, it'd be all that work down the drain if they don't find a way.
:younglinkmelee:See Roy, but without the popularity.
:pichumelee:See Young Link.
:ivysaur:I think he was planned in the beginning.
:squirtle:See Ivysaur.
:wolf:Duh!
King K. Rool: I would be surprised if he didn't join at this point.
Bandana Dee: I think he is the second most popular newcomer.
Rhythm Heaven character: See Ivysaur.
Any other character that was planned for ssb4: See Ivysaur.
Characters nobody expected, but would make a lot of people happy: This includes Snake, Ryu (pre-leak), Ray Man, Shantae, Shovel Knight etc.
Your avatar is killing me. (in a good way)

"Childhood nostalgia rush intensifies to dangerous levels"
What is his avatar of? I can't tell because the character is to small, and I don't recognize the area.

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie
Well that proves how out of the loop I have become when it comes to Smash in recent years. Still, their aren't too many big expos that will garner a lot of attention when it comes to video games. I don't really expect too many fighters to join the roster, but enough big ones that will make a huge difference.

Another fighter I want to join (behind Wolf obviously) is the Hunter from the Capcom Monster Hunter series. With Ryu likely entering coming from Capcom, it opens a possible (but unlikely) door for his/her submission.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think we will get:
:roymelee: because they can easily use Marth as a template, and work from there. + popularity.
:icsmelee:.......Maybe. I think it's possible, and there is no way Sakuri just forgot about them. Besides, it'd be all that work down the drain if they don't find a way.
:younglinkmelee:See Roy, but without the popularity.
:pichumelee:See Young Link.
:ivysaur:I think he was planned in the beginning.
:squirtle:See Ivysaur.
:wolf:Duh!
King K. Rool: I would be surprised if he didn't join at this point.
Bandana Dee: I think he is the second most popular newcomer.
Rhythm Heaven character: See Ivysaur.
Any other character that was planned for ssb4: See Ivysaur.
Characters nobody expected, but would make a lot of people happy: This includes Snake, Ryu (pre-leak), Ray Man, Shantae, Shovel Knight etc.

What is his avatar of? I can't tell because the character is to small, and I don't recognize the area.
I know it's a long shot. But, thanks to the poll, Snake has a pretty good chance. I do expect him but that's just me being biased, I know.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Most polls indicate Isaac is the second most requested after K. Rool in the west.
Good to know. Maybe Isaac will join too. :3
I know it's a long shot. But, thanks to the poll, Snake has a pretty good chance. I do expect him but that's just me being biased, I know.
I can't say I would be surprised by his inclusion, but I'm not expecting it either. I would be happy though, I can't really give anything more than moral support to his inclusion, but I want him back. I may not be able to get Amaterasu (My most wanted), but if Snake gets in than that's one step closer to my second most wanted thing: All the veterans back in Smash. Same for Wolf.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I hope Wolf will be announced during E3. Anyone else think that may happen?
I hope so.

Even if we get some sort of vague release date like "winter" I'd be happy just with a confirmation.

It would end the torment if nothing else.

If you didn't recognize it at that size, you probably won't know who it is in the first place but it's Carlos from The Magic School Bus.

It was an educational show for kids and Carlos was one of the characters in it and he made all sorts of face-palm worthy jokes/puns which the splash art text references.

It's been many, many years since I've watched it and seeing that picture gave me a huge nostalgia rush of childhood memories.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If you didn't recognize it at that size, you probably won't know who it is in the first place but it's Carlos from The Magic School Bus.

It was an educational show for kids and Carlos was one of the characters in it and he made all sorts of face-palm worthy jokes/puns which the splash art text references.

It's been many, many years since I've watched it and seeing that picture gave me a huge nostalgia rush of childhood memories.
Um............. I thought you were talking about NonSpecificHoroki's avatar. Oops. Now you probably think I'm an idiot, because it says Carlos right on his avatar.
EDIT: And page 99 starts with me being an idiot....Yaaaaaaaaay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom