• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

mark welford

Smash Ace
Wait. Digital event is on Tuesday. I work on Tuesday. Oh, it's on at 6 PM! Judging by my hours I'll have plenty of time to pick up a friend and cycle to a place with more friends to watch the Digital Event together! Wait. My shift ends at 6 PM starting next week. ****

For Yoshisaurus
I'm looking forward to more info on Starfox, Smash DLC and KH3. anyone else here a Kingdom Hearts fan?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
@ Logo12 Logo12 Well I don't know about any of that (just glazed over those huge argument posts) but I do know that Wolf was a really awesome character in brawl, and I know he'll be even better in Smash 4 wii u. So how about we all agree to disagree and then agree that Wolf should be in Smash again?
Ignoring the points that he'll be better only in Wii U and not 3ds, Of course we all want Wolf back. Why else would we post here anyways.

And... "We all agree to disagree then agree".... What?

Also, why target at me?

----

Speaking about how mechanics would benefit Wolf, where do you guys think that Wolf( and maybe Lucas)'s place in the tier list will be? (Relatively to Fox/Falco's place, or Ness's if about Lucas?)

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Ignoring the points that he'll be better only in Wii U and not 3ds, Of course we all want Wolf back. Why else would we post here anyways.

Also, why target at me?

----

Speaking about how mechanics would benefit Wolf, where do you guys think that Wolf( and maybe Lucas)'s place in the tier list will be? (Relatively to Fox/Falco's place, or Ness's if about Lucas?)
He's saying it's OK to have differing opinions, but to ultimately be in this thread for our love of Wolf.

Why do you believe everything is targeted at you squarely?

Also, it's kind of hard to make any sort of prediction when there hasn't even been proof that he's back or gameplay either.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
There is one interesting thing I've come across, no data miner has been able to breach the Wii U yet, all the things we've been finding are on the 3DS version, maybe if we could get into the Wii U version, it might shed some light on more DLC. Because the Wii U version is where all the good stuff is, except for smash tour, that was never good.

Colololin

Smash Cadet
Well, Sakurai himself said to not expect a lot of fighters, so their smaller development team is going to take a good while longer to create brand new characters from scratch. We don't even know how long Ryu has been in development; maybe before even Mewtwo.
In business decisions Sakurai himself does not get a say in it. He only gets say in what content gets in. Iwata is the one who decides when DLC is ending. Content overall, and characters will keep coming as long as the interest is high and it is selling.

I'm sure amiibos will cover the character's development cost anyway but buying the DLC helps too.

StormshockNightbringer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stormshock
There is one interesting thing I've come across, no data miner has been able to breach the Wii U yet, all the things we've been finding are on the 3DS version, maybe if we could get into the Wii U version, it might shed some light on more DLC. Because the Wii U version is where all the good stuff is, except for smash tour, that was never good.
Even if we do get into it, I feel like there's probably more data on the 3DS since it'd make sense for them to test everything there first. In all likelihood, if it works on 3DS it will definitely work on Wii U. Not saying we shouldn't check though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Didn't @ PushDustIn PushDustIn find a Dr Mario stage, Rhythm Heaven logo and other things? Only thing in 'other things' I remember is Ridley's stock icon being black

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Didn't @ PushDustIn PushDustIn find a Dr Mario stage, Rhythm Heaven logo and other things? Only thing in 'other things' I remember is Ridley's stock icon being black
It wasn't a Dr. Mario stage exactly. It's heavily speculated that it's a Dr. Mario stage. I found that Virus reference in the character database (next to Ridley, Metal Face and Nabbit). Afterwards, RandomTalkingbush was able to extract the images from the. Nut files. The black Ridley is meta Ridley stock icon. There is a black version of Ridley's texture that can appear in the game.might have been used for testing purposes/ on the game clear screen at one point.

That is all from the base version of the Wii U files. I'm still trying to figure out how to examine the update files. Maybe in the next couple of days?

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie

Also, why target at me?

----

Well I wasn't targeting you buddy, just saying that arguing over why Sakurai is or isn't something or doesn't do something right strays from the point that Wolf is life, and so are his bombastic combo-wombo trains of complete decimation. I think you were just the last to reply when I posted is why I sent that towards you. Also, "we all agree to disagree and then agree" is taken out of context, so it wouldn't make since without the est of the statement. In simplified terms I meant let's just respect that we have different opinions about Sakurai, and instead focus on why Wolf is too legit to quit. P.S. forgot about the 3ds since I don't have one, the Wii U title feels like the real game anyways.

Also (since I like participating) if Wolf WERE confirmed and retained his former moveset from Brawl with proper buffs and nerfs, I would say he would probably rank above Falco since he isn't a forerunner in the competitive play list as far as that goes and I think Wolf's moveset will let him better fit in Smash 4 than in Brawl. He might be just below or equal to Fox where he is at the moment. Still, I would be completely comfortable with him being bottom tier, just means I get to wreck more scrubs who underestimate his CLEARLY SUPERIOR MOVESET. Totally not biased for Wolf at all by the way...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It wasn't a Dr. Mario stage exactly. It's heavily speculated that it's a Dr. Mario stage. I found that Virus reference in the character database (next to Ridley, Metal Face and Nabbit). Afterwards, RandomTalkingbush was able to extract the images from the. Nut files. The black Ridley is meta Ridley stock icon. There is a black version of Ridley's texture that can appear in the game.might have been used for testing purposes/ on the game clear screen at one point.

That is all from the base version of the Wii U files. I'm still trying to figure out how to examine the update files. Maybe in the next couple of days?
I still hate how that thing's called Meta Ridley. Japan called it Black Ridley so it's an American decision. Good luck with datamining! Wonder if we get more music tracks uncovered like the ones for the Miiverse stage

Logo12

Smash Lord
He's saying it's OK to have differing opinions, but to ultimately be in this thread for our love of Wolf.

Why do you believe everything is targeted at you squarely?

Also, it's kind of hard to make any sort of prediction when there hasn't even been proof that he's back or gameplay either.
Because I don't see how "@Logo12" is not targeting at me.

And I mean, assuming he has not changed much except with the changes given to other similar characters (such as Wolf Flash not leaving him helpless), how well would he do in the game compared to Fox or Falco.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Because I don't see how "@Logo12" is not targeting at me.

And I mean, assuming he has not changed much except with the changes given to other similar characters (such as Wolf Flash not leaving him helpless), how well would he do in the game compared to Fox or Falco.
In other words, simply talking to you means he's targeting? (targeting has a negative connotation as if he has some malcious intent against you)
As said in the post above me, the salt is real.

Anyway, again, asking for something not even confirmed is hard to do

Logo12

Smash Lord
Salt? Where?

Yeah, I may have used wrong words again, but is this really worth talking about? >_> I only meant "targeting" as "saying those points" at me.

I'm not quite sure, but you've seen Wolf in action in Brawl already, so it's not really like asking for something hard to relate with, like saying how well Ryu would do or whatever. Tier lists aside, I see someone two pages earlier explain how Wolf would perform much better than he was in Brawl (And I missed the fact that I was 2 pages behind, hence me quoting on that now), so I asked how well would he do compared to Fox/Falco. Unless you had to be like this and say "it's hard to do" (Which doesn't matter, I'm asking everyone), it's not too much of a hard thing. You're not asked to predict and win a prize for whoever guessed the closest anyway.

@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything. Was just trying to clarify points if one asks. Apparently I'm still seen as a flamestarter no matter how many steps I take back and just wants to raise questions for good, no?

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I hope so.

Even if we get some sort of vague release date like "winter" I'd be happy just with a confirmation.

It would end the torment if nothing else.

If you didn't recognize it at that size, you probably won't know who it is in the first place but it's Carlos from The Magic School Bus.

It was an educational show for kids and Carlos was one of the characters in it and he made all sorts of face-palm worthy jokes/puns which the splash art text references.

It's been many, many years since I've watched it and seeing that picture gave me a huge nostalgia rush of childhood memories.
Childhood nostalgia achieved, my work here is done.
-Jumps out window-

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie
Alright I am going to separate myself with that other conversation since it is only going in circles.

Yeah, I played smash tour once and that was enough to put it off until I'm required to look at it again for a challenge.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What are you guys expecting/hoping for from the new Star Fox game on the Wii U? Personally, I hope it stays true to SF64 though I would want it to feel unique like how Assault was in comparison to 64.

Last edited:

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie
@ Ura Ura I think that Nintendo intends to take the show at E3 so I'm sure the Star Fox title will live up to expectations. It will be interesting to see how they use the Wii U's hardware in the gameplay. I have seldom played a star fox game that I didn't enjoy to some degree, so I'm sure that Nintendo will deliver.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
@ Ura Ura I think that Nintendo intends to take the show at E3 so I'm sure the Star Fox title will live up to expectations. It will be interesting to see how they use the Wii U's hardware in the gameplay. I have seldom played a star fox game that I didn't enjoy to some degree, so I'm sure that Nintendo will deliver.
Yeah. A lot of people are speculating Star Fox will be heavily focused on this year at E3, people are also saying it's not worthy of being the main attraction this year but I beg to differ.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True though i'm hoping to see a game that sticks really close to SF64 which I haven't seen in most of the post-64 games. Not a carbon copy of the game of course but something that sticks true to the game while still being unique. Assault did a good job of this though it can be taken to the next level.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
True though i'm hoping to see a game that sticks really close to SF64 which I haven't seen in most of the post-64 games. Not a carbon copy of the game of course but something that sticks true to the game while still being unique. Assault did a good job of this though it can be taken to the next level.
I always wonder why Assault gets so much hate. It was a great game and actually felt like a star fox game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I always wonder why Assault gets so much hate. It was a great game and actually felt like a star fox game.
I rented and finished the game in 2007 and I really liked the new features the game had. Some parts of the game felt tedious (like those missions were you had to find a dozen aparoids (however you spell it) and destroy them all. Some of them were a pain to find). Overall, it was a still a great game that was very SF64 like while having it's own identity. The boss fight in the game was the highlight of the game IMO with all the craziness that went down and it was cool to see Wolf help out Fox.

Last edited:

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie
@ Dragoncharystary Dragoncharystary Well I would never go as far as to say that it would be the main attraction of E3, just a big part of the expo for nintendo. I'm not sure on what other games will be shown alongside star fox though, so I can't really say where it will rank as far as importance to Nintendo.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I
@ Dragoncharystary Dragoncharystary Well I would never go as far as to say that it would be the main attraction of E3, just a big part of the expo for nintendo. I'm not sure on what other games will be shown alongside star fox though, so I can't really say where it will rank as far as importance to Nintendo.
I think Mario Maker and the new Fire Emblem will get some attention too.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Assault took SF64 to the Next level and is the best Star Fox game imo. SF64 being second.

I hope SF Wii U kills them both though, as well as overshadowing Zelda U, destroying KH III and FF XV and throwing Microsoft thanks to how good
[SF U] will be.

EDIT: throw Microsoft to bankruptcy*

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I personally think SF64 was better but each to their own I guess.

As great as SF Wii U is going to be, I can never imagine seeing it overshadow Zelda Wii U seeing as how people go nuts for anything Zelda related.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
So... do other people like Star Fox Adventures too or am I alone with this?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Multiplayer in Starfox: Assault. That is all.

I hope Starfox U has both the amazing multiplayer Assault had, plus air, land, and ground missions. Plus I hope Project Giant Robot and Project Guard become part of Starfox U

Top Bottom