• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I haven't posted here in a while, because I just finished my first semester at university, man was that stressful. Anyways, I made this as a final composite for my photoshop class this semester and I thought I'd show it off here. So, what do you guys think? Oh, and Reyn is there, because it's Reyn time ;)
Final Composite.jpg

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I haven't posted here in a while, because I just finished my first semester at university, man was that stressful. Anyways, I made this as a final composite for my photoshop class this semester and I thought I'd show it off here. So, what do you guys think? Oh, and Reyn is there, because it's Reyn time ;)
View attachment 52044
Yeah!
Reyn Time!

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
The gun is clearly at his skin, his reflector wouldn't have saved him
I thought reflector knockbacks whatever's near? You can have the opponent jab at you and still block it with Wolf's reflector, the counter back the opponent. Given the timing's correct. Reflectors start at frame 1 don't they?
I was hired by Sakurai
Hired by Sakurai to point a gun at Wolf? What for?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This is a competitive smash site, the mix ups are real
I thought reflector knockbacks whatever's near? You can have the opponent jab at you and still block it with Wolf's reflector, the counter back the opponent. Given the timing's correct. Reflectors start at frame 1 don't they?
*trying to explain Smash to a UMvC3 character*
Hired by Sakurai to point a gun at Wolf? What for?
Sakurai didn't want Wolf back and he knew Wolf wouldn't take it lightly so he hired the original furry animal guy to take him out but you guys were going to fire the Waluigi Launcher. It's the Guardians' one true weakenss.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I want to ask you guys this.
How would you feel if both Krystal and Wolf entered the fray at E3.
Or worst case scenario Krystal/Slippy replaces Wolf.
If Wolf comes back with Krystal:

If Wolf is replaced by Slippy:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Wolf's New Final Smash.
I think, should he return via DLC or SSB5, his Final Smash should be changed to a cinematic Final Smash like Captain Falcon's in which his Wolfen crashes into an opponent near him, dragging that foe into space, then Leon, Panther and Wolf, all in their Wolfens, start firing at the trapped opponent, and at the end of the Final Smash, Wolf crashes his Wolfen into the foe again, warping them back to the stage, causing the opponent to receive major knockback.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I would be totally ok with Wolf coming back with Krystal.

But if either Krystal or Slippy replaces Wolf.....

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
What changes, if any, would you guys want Wolf to get if/when he comes back?

The only changes I want are (in order from most wanted to least)
  • Acting out of Wolf Flash/no longer going into a helpless state (99.9% guaranteed to happen anyway)
  • Less landing lag on fair
  • Less freeze frames on ftilt
  • Faster start up and not losing all momentum on dash attack.
Everything else can stay the same or get buffed if it wants.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
What changes, if any, would you guys want Wolf to get if/when he comes back?

The only changes I want are (in order from most wanted to least)
  • Acting out of Wolf Flash/no longer going into a helpless state (99.9% guaranteed to happen anyway)
  • Less landing lag on fair
  • Less freeze frames on ftilt
  • Faster start up and not losing all momentum on dash attack.
Everything else can stay the same or get buffed if it wants.
You forgot crawl animation.
Which he sorely needs in this iteration.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I feel like Wolf is supposed to fight in a more feral and wild manner (in other words, not just be a slower/powerful Starfox member),
Sakurai isn't going to change too much about Wolf. He's one the laziest/worst directors for fan service, but instead goes for he believes is right. For 3 games, there has been Falcondorf, a YL/TL that doesn't use his awesome original weapons, a Green Mario that actually has more abilities and personality than what he's given, requests for King K. Rool, requests for Ridley, and the list goes on. He made Ike have a sword that looked like Ragnell, but functioned like Ettard, he made him buff looking, but weaker overall (power, damage, and range) and not able to grab ledge behind him.

Personally, I hope that Smash 4 is the last Smash game Sakurai is attached to. He complains so much about doing it and soaks attention from the casual fanbase to feel his pain (which I find absolutely sickening). If it hurts so much, give it to a younger, more tenacious developer that actual recognizes his fans and calls the game what it is: a fighting game (Sakurai notoriously has called his game not a fighting game, but a party game).

I really don't like Sakurai (the idea to include Nintendo characters wasn't even his, it was Miyamoto who said when Sakurai was making Dragon King: The FIGHTING GAME, to add Nintendo characters to make it more familiar and sell better.)

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I feel like Wolf is supposed to fight in a more feral and wild manner (in other words, not just be a slower/powerful Starfox member),
Sakurai isn't going to change too much about Wolf. He's one the laziest/worst directors for fan service, but instead goes for he believes is right. For 3 games, there has been Falcondorf, a YL/TL that doesn't use his awesome original weapons, a Green Mario that actually has more abilities and personality than what he's given, requests for King K. Rool, requests for Ridley, and the list goes on. He made Ike have a sword that looked like Ragnell, but functioned like Ettard, he made him buff looking, but weaker overall (power, damage, and range) and not able to grab ledge behind him.

Personally, I hope that Smash 4 is the last Smash game Sakurai is attached to. He complains so much about doing it and soaks attention from the casual fanbase to feel his pain (which I find absolutely sickening). If it hurts so much, give it to a younger, more tenacious developer that actual recognizes his fans and calls the game what it is: a fighting game (Sakurai notoriously has called his game not a fighting game, but a party game).

I really don't like Sakurai (the idea to include Nintendo characters wasn't even his, it was Miyamoto who said when Sakurai was making Dragon King: The FIGHTING GAME, to add Nintendo characters to make it more familiar and sell better.)
Well, whether we like it or not, this may be his last smash games. After all, Melee and Brawl were supposed to be the last games in the series. Though let's be honest, Smash is making Nintendo too much money for them to stop making Smash, so there will continue to be sequels for every new console, with our without Sakurai. Though I'm not a fan of some of the choices he's made, you gotta give the guy some credit.

Though I'm wondering if DLC was his idea. I highly doubt it. After all, look at how well Mario Kart 8 DLC sold. Plus, they never planned to even have paid DLC for Smash. Though I really couldn't be happier they are. I have high hopes the already diverse roster gets added to even further.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I want to ask you guys this.
How would you feel if both Krystal and Wolf entered the fray at E3.
Or worst case scenario Krystal/Slippy replaces Wolf.
Sorting by satisfaction:
  1. Wolf back only
  2. Wolf+Krystal
  3. Slippy over Wolf
  4. Krystal over Wolf
Also @ Man Li Gi Man Li Gi , are you seriously expecting the developer of an extremely popular game to be feeling no pressure at all and would slave for his fans without complaints? Sorry Earth is not the correct place. Also for a developer who supervised a work for so much years, it would really be hard for him to pass the light on and expect the newcomer not to misdirect the original plan r meaning of Super Smash Bros. It's as risk as adding a character in the game and expecting no fans to ask for it to return.

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Krystal could have a cool moveset based on the staff from Star Fox adventures, but Wolf is much more important and must be put back in his rightful place before anyone else is added.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Sorting by satisfaction:
  1. Wolf back only
  2. Wolf+Krystal
  3. Slippy over Wolf
  4. Krystal over Wolf
This, I agree with 100%. Though I never was a Krystal fan to begin with. Ever since she was introduced I never liked her. I get they wanted the series to have more female characters, but this wasn't the solution. Am I the only one that hopes she either doesn't appear in or gets a role change in Star Fox Wii U?

Krystal could have a cool moveset based on the staff from Star Fox adventures, but Wolf is much more important and must be put back in his rightful place before anyone else is added.
I agree that Wolf should come back over anyone else. Though I'm wondering: If SF got Wolf back and they were to add a fourth Star Fox character, who would you guys pick? I'd go for Bill Grey.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Sorting by satisfaction:
  1. Wolf back only
  2. Wolf+Krystal
  3. Slippy over Wolf
  4. Krystal over Wolf
Also @ Man Li Gi Man Li Gi , are you seriously expecting the developer of an extremely popular game to be feeling no pressure at all and would slave for his fans without complaints? Sorry Earth is not the correct place. Also for a developer who supervised a work for so much years, it would really be hard for him to pass the light on and expect the newcomer not to misdirect the original plan r meaning of Super Smash Bros. It's as risk as adding a character in the game and expecting no fans to ask for it to return.
Oh, please. People like you are the reason I made the comment in the first place. You guys are saying his job is so hard, but if say a surgeon messed up the way Sakurai does, that person would be on the line to lose their job and wouldn't have the same fanfare about them. At this point, when people legitimately try and defend Sakurai, they should really evaluate how they treat other workers when they mess up.

Also, I hope you do know this game is a glorified fan service fighting game. So, sakurai should do a better job in listening and making things happen. Sakurai is LUCKY he has fans in the first place to be slaving over. People say we should be grateful for his services and I ask why? He's in the business for him to deliver goods for the consumer and thus be grateful that we buy the game. We shouldn't have to be grateful for putting in work into contents that can get old quickly. I feel as though that has been lost in translation and thus he focuses on minute details instead of the big picture.

I don't know where this "Praise Sakurai" sentiment started, but it needs to stop or else we'll start praising him for evertyhing, which can give an inflated negative ego.

Well, whether we like it or not, this may be his last smash games. After all, Melee and Brawl were supposed to be the last games in the series. Though let's be honest, Smash is making Nintendo too much money for them to stop making Smash, so there will continue to be sequels for every new console, with our without Sakurai. Though I'm not a fan of some of the choices he's made, you gotta give the guy some credit.

Though I'm wondering if DLC was his idea. I highly doubt it. After all, look at how well Mario Kart 8 DLC sold. Plus, they never planned to even have paid DLC for Smash. Though I really couldn't be happier they are. I have high hopes the already diverse roster gets added to even further.
I hope it's his last Smash game. Honestly, when he didn't have the pressure to release the game is the time he made better Smash games. Anyway, the developer I'm looking at is the one that did that Kirby arena fighter game (can't remember what the title is called) since that person had the whole "No Stage Harzards" option. I like the games Sakurai works on, bar Smash where (not his fault inherently though) takes characters and waters them down and decides to change movesets because he want to.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
This, I agree with 100%. Though I never was a Krystal fan to begin with. Ever since she was introduced I never liked her. I get they wanted the series to have more female characters, but this wasn't the solution. Am I the only one that hopes she either doesn't appear in or gets a role change in Star Fox Wii U?

I agree that Wolf should come back over anyone else. Though I'm wondering: If SF got Wolf back and they were to add a fourth Star Fox character, who would you guys pick? I'd go for Bill Grey.
Krystal would be a good 4th rep, for the fact of very different moveset potential vs. The other Star Fox characters.

Top Bottom