• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He
As much as I want it to be real, Mewtwo looks really off, and that's Wolf's smash 3 look *groans* Wolf's smash 3 look doesn't have the decals, or the purple that Brawl Wolf had. The direct will be on April 2nd in Japan so chances are they won't play any cruel April Fools jokes, unless they want to get flattened by Landmasters.
Also here's the cool Wolf videos,
Yeah, shame it is not real. Then again, there is still the possibility of Wolf being in as DLC.

Say, what is with all the pictures of the dark skinned guys? I know this is April Fools, but still...

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
While I'm ecstatic that Lucas means Wolf is pretty much guarantied in the future, I'm a bit sad that Lucas came first.

At least we finally have an official poll we can vote for Wolf with now. You know what to do.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
While I'm ecstatic that Lucas means Wolf is pretty much guarantied in the future, I'm a bit sad that Lucas came first.

At least we finally have an official poll we can vote for Wolf with now. You know what to do.
You bet! Let's all go vote for Wolf and demand Sakurai to put him in, dudes and dudettes! I will update the Facebook page to get people to vote for Wolf in Smash Bros. There is just no way Sakurai won't put Wolf in. This is great!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm going to ask everyone here to vote for someone other than Wolf. He's guaranteed, don't waste your vote.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What did I miss? I might wait for articles later from other sites, but there was Mewtwo stuff and Lucas is confirmed? Is Wolf confirmed because Shaya mentioned August... And we can vote... So... er... What? Meanwhile, adorable Yarn Yoshi (Amiibo)!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only reason Lucas is coming first is because Wolf will be released when its time for SF Wii U promotion. (kinda obv)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I KEEP MISSING ****! Screw it, I'll wait for the compiled news... I just missed the Fire Emblem stuff while reading up on Mewtwo who looks like it kept its Melee moveset, but improved and balanced and Lucas who is well, Lucas. If the voting thing didn't list Wolf or Wolf was ignored completely with the votes, so say he gets 10,000 votes while er... Roy gets 9,000, but Roy's announced as a candidate to return, then it's obvious as sin he's in or until the Star Fox Wii U stuff is announced and a sneak preview has him in.

Lucas looks so happy in SSB4 compared to Brawl and its dark atmosphere. Sweeeet. Still not going to play as him since I don't really care for their play styles.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm going to ask everyone here to vote for someone other than Wolf. He's guaranteed, don't waste your vote.
I was about to say the exact same thing.

I bet he's already in development. He may even get a shout out before the end of this direct. If Lucas can make it, it's almost impossible for Wolf not too.

inb4 we assume this and it's not true though.

Edit: Not even a mention of Star Fox Wii U... but I think this is good. It further reinforces the idea that it they're spending extra time on it now that Zelda is delayed and stuff like Wolf DLC that would coincide with it will perhaps be announced when they're ready to talk more about Star Fox Wii U.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Aren't votes anonymous anyways?

I put my first vote for Wolf, might give one to Impa, Dixie Kong, and maybe Snake.

sauceee

Smash Rookie
I hope wolf is already in development, because if not we're gonna have to wait until october when the poll ends.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Even though I was upset over there being no Star Fox coverage in general, I'm still hoping we all can get Wolf to be up next! Everyone! Let's bring back our Wolf!

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
This is amazing, I'm so happy that Lucas is back, well deserved.
I'm so glad and Lucas fans must be crazy, I'm already imagining the reaction of my friend when I'm going to show him the trailer without him knowing it's Lucas trailer.

You guys shouldn't be saddened that Lucas get in before Wolf, all characters are equal, we should be ****ing happy that there's more to come and that this confirm that we can do something to bring back Wolf !

Now I disagree with you guys thinking that Wolf is guaranteed because Lucas is coming back. It's not because 1 unjustified cut veteran is returning that the other one is probably returning too. Even though they don't have to create a new moveset (except for the final smash please) since Wolf is already an unique character, showing him our support is very important in my opinion and this is our chance.

I don't know how this poll is going to work, if you can request only one time and requesting multiple time just overwrite the last one or if indeed you can vote multiple time and it counts as different vote.

I do know however what I'm going to do, I'm going to write the most sincere speech I can write about why Wolf should coming back and "shill" him a bit, we need to mobilize the more people possible.

We can do it.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry you guys didn't get the announcement you wanted, but this is a really great sign for Wolf, too! We've learned that more character DLC is definitely a thing, and that it's not limited to shiny new characters and can include cut veterans. This is great news for Wolf fans. Best of luck on a Wolf reveal soon!

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
As much as we are all optimistic right now, I really don't think we should relax and get complacent over his DLC status. Mewtwo and Lucas both happened due to fan demand, and that cannot be let down now.
Also you can apparently vote more than once

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This is amazing, I'm so happy that Lucas is back, well deserved.
I'm so glad and Lucas fans must be crazy, I'm already imagining the reaction of my friend when I'm going to show him the trailer without him knowing it's Lucas trailer.

You guys shouldn't be saddened that Lucas get in before Wolf, all characters are equal, we should be ****ing happy that there's more to come and that this confirm that we can do something to bring back Wolf !

Now I disagree with you guys thinking that Wolf is guaranteed because Lucas is coming back. It's not because 1 unjustified cut veteran is returning that the other one is probably returning too. Even though they don't have to create a new moveset (except for the final smash please) since Wolf is already an unique character, showing him our support is very important in my opinion and this is our chance.

I don't know how this poll is going to work, if you can request only one time and requesting multiple time just overwrite the last one or if indeed you can vote multiple time and it counts as different vote.

I do know however what I'm going to do, I'm going to write the most sincere speech I can write about why Wolf should coming back and "shill" him a bit, we need to mobilize the more people possible.

We can do it.
Most all polls taken anywhere in the last few months since Mewtwo's announcement have had two characters requested above all others... Wolf and Lucas. In fact, I've seen more Wolf requests than Lucas, but in general they are voted more than any newcomers or vets. The Japanese poll that was taken a while back, although the sample size was only around 400 I think, had Lucas leading Wolf by only half a percent as I recall. Iwata said when revealing Lucas that, "Nintendo had seen the requests". It would be hard for them not to have noticed Wolf was right there too. This is part of the reason why I believe Wolf may even be in development as we speak.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just so you all know, I have been having some payment issues with my Facebook account, so I won't be promoting the post with the Smash Ballot for another few days. Is that okay?

In the meantime, just get as many people as you all can to vote for more Wolf in the ballot, since we don't know if he is being made already or not, okay?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, thanks to this poll they're doing on the Smash Bros. site, I already know who I'm voting for to join Rosalina and the Dream Team. :wolf:

I'm not too thrilled about Lucas, though. Downloading him would be a waste of my money.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Kirlia was my 1st vote due to her being a favorite Pokemon of mine (going to be laughing hard if they actually accept it as a playable fighter, then again we already have both of it's type combinations in the game with Mewtwo and Jiggs repping both Psychic and Fairy at the same time) and we need a Gen III rep anyways (although I have a feeling they'll pick Sceptile over her to complete the starter trio).

Granted Wolf is all but a done deal at this point (hench why I'm not voting for him, because all the other people will be voting for him anyways), I'm expecting him to be shown off at E3 (right after Lucas' DLC ends), when they show off the new Starfox game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom