• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My two cents: Melee was in 2001, Smash 4 in 2014. People change in years, Sakurai and none of us are any exception.

Remember that Melee's roster was half of Smash 4's roster, so better focus in variety was more important back then, given the more limited number of characters.

What people fail to grasp is that Dark Pit, along with the other two clones, were already fully functional in the game, albeit as aesthetic differences rather than having slight moveset differences. They're less clones, but more like glorified costumes.

Whereas in Melee, the clones were added with a bit more premeditation (given they had to make new models), in Smash 4, they seem more of a side thing that was thrown in as a bonus. Both are last minute additions made late into development, but the clones in Melee and the clones in Smash 4 are result of different situations.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
These guys are clones of already existing characters that were guaranteed to be in the game. They also took little developing time. So why do people think they replaced cut veterans and newcomers alike? Toon Link is a clone...ish... and I don't see anyone hating on him. Honestly I think people needed a scapegoat, and being new clones, Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario (I know he isn't new) were the perfect and undeserving scapegoats.

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
Well, honestly I think that some clones only deserve to be costumes (EX: Lucina, Dark Pit, Pichu, Lucas(this would open more opportunities such as Chrom and Ninten) but others are too different in their fighting styles and bone structure to be costumes(EX: Toon Link, Falco, Roy and Dr. Mario because of their fire and pills) And although Ganondorf's moveset fits him well, it's about time they create a unique one for him.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
[quote="And although Ganondorf's moveset fits him well, it's about time they create a unique one for him.[/quote]

I don't think that Sakurai would do that because they'd probably feel like they'd be alienating current Ganondorf players. If they changed it from Melee to Brawl, it'd probably be a lot more understandable, but after three installments with current Ganondorf, they wouldn't. I like him how he is, although it would've been cool if he were unique from the start.

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
[quote="And although Ganondorf's moveset fits him well, it's about time they create a unique one for him.
I don't think that Sakurai would do that because they'd probably feel like they'd be alienating current Ganondorf players. If they changed it from Melee to Brawl, it'd probably be a lot more understandable, but after three installments with current Ganondorf, they wouldn't. I like him how he is, although it would've been cool if he were unique from the start.[/quote]

They could put in Black Shadow or Blood Falcon, and give him Ganondorf's current moveset. Then they could make him a new one. It would make more sense.

Also, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that I am a Ganondorf player as well.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, it is nice that we are getting Mewtwo soon, but it would be really nice if Sakurai would say something now about whether or not there will be more DLC, even if what he says is rather small. The wait for any more news is killing me. Plus, it has made things boring lately.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

To think that Melee's roster could have been this if Sakurai went against clones.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As far as Ganondorf goes, I feel like even changing his default neutral special to Warlock Blade would go a long way. I get that they don't want to alienate the people who play as Ganondorf, but would it kill them to give him a sword and make it so his neutral B attack isn't almost exactly the same as Captain Falcon's?

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
To be fair, I think if players can distinguish Pit and Dark Pit on 3DS, they probably could distinguish Fox and Wolf on an early 2000's TV.

:231:
Oh, I'm sure they could.

I was playing devil's advocate in an effort to approximate Sakurai's thought process.

To think that Melee's roster could have been this if Sakurai went against clones.
That's either terrifyingly endearing or endearingly terrifying, and I can't tell which it is.

Being honest, I would be okay with this roster. I'd miss Doc, of course, but I'm sure Dedede would rise to fill the Mario-shaped hole in my heart.

That render looks perfect for the game.

dededelee~

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
Oh, I'm sure they could.

I was playing devil's advocate in an effort to approximate Sakurai's thought process.

That's either terrifyingly endearing or endearingly terrifying, and I can't tell which it is.

Being honest, I would be okay with this roster. I'd miss Doc, of course, but I'm sure Dedede would rise to fill the Mario-shaped hole in my heart.

That render looks perfect for the game.

dededelee~
But, my Boy... :roypm:

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
You know, it is nice that we are getting Mewtwo soon, but it would be really nice if Sakurai would say something now about whether or not there will be more DLC, even if what he says is rather small. The wait for any more news is killing me. Plus, it has made things boring lately.
I guess Sakurai and Nintendo are waiting for the Mewtwo sale feedback, to see if there is enough demand to go through the struggle makeing more DlC chars.

Better chances for more DLC with every purchased Mewtwo
I guess :)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guess Sakurai and Nintendo are waiting for the Mewtwo sale feedback, to see if there is enough demand to go through the struggle makeing more DlC chars.

Better chances for more DLC with every purchased Mewtwo
I guess :)
Which is exactly why we must try to get as many people we know as we can to buy the DLC to increase the chances of more DLC happening. Who's with me?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know I could use the edit button, but I felt that it would be better to make a separate post to gain more attention, so I hope you don't mind.

Also, I say we should get other people who do NOT like the Mewtwo DLC to be more constructive and not so whiny, overly negative and man-childish when giving feedback. I have a feeling that negative, rage-filled feedback may discourage Sakurai from making more DLC.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Thought I'd like to share this for my fellow Wolf supporters here just for fun.

image.jpg

Rosalina: Wolf...? Are you in there...?
Wolf: I'm heading to Sakurai's. You saw nothing, Rosalina!
Rosalina: Oh...? Is there a reason why you're going over there...?
Wolf: I'm going over there to see if he's going to make me a DLC fighter and I've waited long enough for this! I want answers and I want it now!
Rosalina: I...see. Sakurai did give Mewtwo another opportunity to join us... Surely he will do the same for you...
Wolf: First of all, as touching as that sounds, I don't need your pity! Second of all, you are not to tell anyone about this, or else you will pay!
Rosalina: Don't worry... I will not mention to no one about our encounter between us... You have my word...
Wolf: Good. Glad we have an understanding. Now if you don't mind, I have work to do!
Rosalina: I wish you nothing but the best...and may the stars shine down on you...
Wolf: Hmph!

Not the best I've got, I will say, but it'll have to do.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thought I'd like to share this for my fellow Wolf supporters here just for fun.

View attachment 44411

Rosalina: Wolf...? Are you in there...?
Wolf: I'm heading to Sakurai's. You saw nothing, Rosalina!
Rosalina: Oh...? Is there a reason why you're going over there...?
Wolf: I'm going over there to see if he's going to make me a DLC fighter and I've waited long enough for this! I want answers and I want it now!
Rosalina: I...see. Sakurai did give Mewtwo another opportunity to join us... Surely he will do the same for you...
Wolf: First of all, as touching as that sounds, I don't need your pity! Second of all, you are not to tell anyone about this, or else you will pay!
Rosalina: Don't worry... I will not mention to no one about our encounter between us... You have my word...
Wolf: Good. Glad we have an understanding. Now if you don't mind, I have work to do!
Rosalina: I wish you nothing but the best...and may the stars shine down on you...
Wolf: Hmph!

Not the best I've got, I will say, but it'll have to do.
Not bad. I like it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So am I. Still, you know anyone else who owns either or both games that you could try to convince into buying the DLC?
Nintendo knows that DLC sells well. They will release more DLC, it's just a matter of time.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I see it happening in packs with Stages, Music, Items and Characters - like they have done with MK8 and Hyrule Warriors.

I know Sakurai whines about DLC and working a lot and such, but if Nintendo passed up on DLC they are missing out on a huge opportunity to make extra money for one of their flagship wii u titles. Don't really see it NOT happening, if anything they could add DLC without Sakurai involved.

Wolf is a no brainer as a DLC character, honestly. If they do more DLC, he will likely get in. They would only have to rework him vs starting from scratch...and the fact that Star Fox Wii U is coming out this year is also a big push. I can see him being released around that time.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm going to pay for Mewtwo, since I don't currently have a Club Nintendo account:ohwell: I might create one though just so I can get Flipnote studio 3D, since I'm not sure if that will be available to the public. Only then would I do the Mewtwo for free promo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom