• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, that just kind of came out of nowhere. Is this Nintendo's new strategy? To remain utterly silent about their activities and then blitz us randomly to hold our attention?

Anyway, it's good to know that they are including more new stages alongside classic ones, and this looks like a very interesting stage.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Maker is a big success at the moment, that now its stage is going to be released so, now I think they will reveal Wolf at some point Star Fox Zero is out.
Also every Super Smash Bros. had a Great Fox stage.
They won't make a new Star Fox stage because it took them 1 year to develop the actual one, but hey you know they can release Sector Z from the Nintendo 64 alongside Wolf. :B

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
September 30th can't come fast enough! I wonder what else Sakurai has up his sleeve.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Looking forward to that Mario Maker stage. September 30th is going to be a field day with this.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing that's worth noting is the URLs for the stage screenshots. The screenshots for the previous two DLC stages are listed as stage_2 and stage_3, while the Mario Maker stage is stage_5. If we are getting a new stage, though, I'd think it would be one from an older game, since that would take less work than something like the Mario Maker stage.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3l0exp/evidence_of_another_stage_coming_explanation_in/

Take as you will. Some in the K. Rool thread, like many others, have noticed that the Mario Maker is strangely shoved to the side in the Extra Stage CSS instead of center aligned in the trailer. In addition, the link above states that there is a missing stage. Ryu's stage is bundled with him and thus doesn't have its own spot. Super Mario Maker is Stage 5. Peach's Castle 64 and Hyrule Castle 64 are 2 and 3. Stage 4 is missing. A link to it is broken.

It's theorized that it's highly possible another stage will be coming, possibly alongside Mario Maker. And it's likely not a stage for a new franchise, or at least one bundled with a character of a new franchise, otherwise it wouldn't be there like Ryu's bundled stage.
My hope is Sector Z or Saffron City. Especially Saffron City. I'd ask for Fountain of Dreams, but its signature music is already on Dreamland 64.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
In my opinion the missing new stage could be a DLC character Stage as Ryu
Unfortunately not. Ryu's stage is not listed here like the other stages, because that stage is bundled with Ryu. This theory on reddit is for an unbundled stage. However, that's not to say we won't ALSO get another bundled stage with a character.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3l0exp/evidence_of_another_stage_coming_explanation_in/

Take as you will. Some in the K. Rool thread, like many others, have noticed that the Mario Maker is strangely shoved to the side in the Extra Stage CSS instead of center aligned in the trailer. In addition, the link above states that there is a missing stage. Ryu's stage is bundled with him and thus doesn't have its own spot. Super Mario Maker is Stage 5. Peach's Castle 64 and Hyrule Castle 64 are 2 and 3. Stage 4 is missing. A link to it is broken.

It's theorized that it's highly possible another stage will be coming, possibly alongside Mario Maker. And it's likely not a stage for a new franchise, or at least one bundled with a character of a new franchise, otherwise it wouldn't be there like Ryu's bundled stage.
My hope is Sector Z or Saffron City. Especially Saffron City. I'd ask for Fountain of Dreams, but its signature music is already on Dreamland 64.
It's not sector Z since Corneria is already in the 3ds and Sakurai wants both versions to be equal.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
That mario maker stage looks bada**! September 30th huh? U know what that means! Hoping for Wolf's reveal thats probably gonna end in disappointment...again! Can't wait :chuckle::chuckle:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
So it's confirmed that Nintendo Directs will finally continue (not given when)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/nintendo-directs-will-continue

While it's not like they said they wouldn't do directs since Iwata's passing, but eh, we're ensured to have something upcoming.
You beat me to it
It's not sector Z since Corneria is already in the 3ds and Sakurai wants both versions to be equal.
V E N O M B O Y Z
Please don't give me the fear again... :[
Shantae costume confirmed

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Lol i wish venom came back. Was one of my favorite stages in melee but the song itself appears on lylat cruise.
Two stages deconfirmed

R.I.P Venom and Fountain of Dreams

Rest in Spaghetti,never forgett
There's no Paper Mario option...
If that happened
image.jpg

New stage on 30th September? I wonder how many Mii costumes we'll see :troll:
"Hmm,WayForward made art of Shantae in SM4SH and made alts for her"
Better Nerf Greninja

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Sign me up.

Either Sector Z or Saffron City would be great. I'd take them over Battlefield: Kirby Edition and not Peach's Castle any day.

:007:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Yeah but Sakurai wants both versions to be equal. That's why ice climbers got cut since 3ds limitations.
True. But Sector Z is still a possibility. Sector z and Corneria are completely different stages but have a similar idea (fighting on great fox sideways). And it wouldn't be the first time both the 3DS and Wii U version had different stages. Most likely scenario is it'll be available for both 3DS and Wii U. If not then we already have Kongo Jungle 64, a past stage not available for the 3DS Smash.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm all in for Saffron City. Sector Z was an awesome stage too but since we already Corneria, I'm not sure if having another stage taking place aboard the Great Fox would be appealing.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm all in for Saffron City. Sector Z was an awesome stage too but since we already Corneria, I'm not sure if having another stage taking place aboard the Great Fox would be appealing.
I'm all in for Saffron City. I hope we get Mute City back in the future.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Saffron City and Sector Z would be cool and all, but am I the only one here who wants to see the 64 versions of Battlefield and Final Destination in the game as DLC? I think it would be a nice treat, even if they're like the Battlefield and Final Destination we have now. I would also love to hear that Polygon Fighting music again, too.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Saffron City and Sector Z would be cool and all, but am I the only one here who wants to see the 64 versions of Battlefield and Final Destination in the game as DLC? I think it would be a nice treat, even if they're like the Battlefield and Final Destination we have now. I would also love to hear that Polygon Fighting music again, too.
I'm probably the minority when I say that Smash 64's Final Destination had the best theme. It was also original and not a variation of the game's theme.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm probably the minority when I say that Smash 64's Final Destination had the best theme. It was also original and not a variation of the game's theme.
Agreed. I liked all the lights in the stage, too.

StormshockNightbringer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stormshock
I've always wanted that one level with all the crystals where you fight Metal Mario during Classic mode.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah but Sakurai wants both versions to be equal. That's why ice climbers got cut since 3ds limitations.
Character-wise maybe, but everything else, not so much.

To this day I wonder why he thought making two separate versions was a good idea. In the case of the Climbers, one platform was clearly capable of handling them while the other wasn't. If the game was developed exclusively for the Wii U the Climbers' absence wouldn't even be an issue. And who knows what else we might've had if the development wasn't split up between two versions, maybe we could've had a Wii U Smash Run that had online functionality, and possibly much more. I commend the man for going as far as he did, but I think he practically shot himself in the foot with this kind of deal, and the Wii U suffers as a result.

I do have both versions of the game, but as a general rule, I don't really believe in the idea of games that are split into console and handheld versions, which seems to be a trend nowadays. I just think Smash is better suited to being a console-based series.

Anyway back to Wolf. Here's hoping something happens at the end of the month.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not sure if a new Star Fox stage is in order. I mean I'm happy we got that awesome Orbital Gate Assault, one of my favorite stages in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom