• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I found a StrawPoll on reddit saying what veteran you want to return

I'm sure you're very happy with the results

Pic for reference:
image.jpg

Voted for Wolf and Pichu(was thinking about Snake but chose Pichu cuz he was cute and happy

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
Hell, just bring back ALL the 64 stages, redundancy be damned, I'd buy it.
Fourside and Subcon would be welcome too.
The stages are the only thing missing (besides characters) between games really. Any old stages will sell.

Having all the N64 stages tho? It'd be my childhood recreated. :awesome:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Ice Climbers probably could not handle 8 Player Smash. I really do think that both versions were not able to handle it. I mean, some of the stages have moving parts REMOVED for 8 Player Smash. Could you imagine 16 CHARACTERS running around?

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Actually, Ice Climbers probably could not handle 8 Player Smash. I really do think that both versions were not able to handle it. I mean, some of the stages have moving parts REMOVED for 8 Player Smash. Could you imagine 16 CHARACTERS running around?
IIRC Sakurai said Wii U had no issues with it even on 8 player. Can't remember where he said it. It's mostly the 3DS and wanting parity for characters on both.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Long absence was long. How's everything been going?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Long absence was long. How's everything been going?
I was pretty absent myself for the past two weeks because I was at the hospital suffering from a severe abdominal pain, which later turned out I had gallstones in my gallbladder which I had surgery to get it removed. It's been like hell for me then but right now, I'm sitting at home making a full recovery.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
IIRC Sakurai said Wii U had no issues with it even on 8 player. Can't remember where he said it. It's mostly the 3DS and wanting parity for characters on both.
Why am I ignoring you? Do you happen to be a Bandana Dee deetractor, or am I just ignoring you for no reason?

Morbi

Scavenger
I can see Sector Z coming back since :4mario:'s,:4link:'s,:4dk:'s and :4kirby:'s stages came back.
Which Donkey Kong stage came back? I assume you are referring to DLC stages such as Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, and Dreamland, correct? Or just Nintendo 64 stages in general?

Sector Z would be amazing though, as long as they do not shrink it as they did to my precious Corneria.

Honestly, that sounds false. You need to cite a source or at least use the exact phrase if you are going to quote someone.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Honestly, that sounds false. You need to cite a source or at least use the exact phrase if you are going to quote someone.
Here's an article on the source.
http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-why-ice-climbers-cut/

He never specified whether the WIi U version had 8 player smash at the time so frankly, we do not know. One could say that 8-player smash being such a largely advertised feature of the game had to have been in the final version--but one could also say that removing Ice Climbers may have led to the whole "what if we did 8 player smash?" concept. Also, as I said before, I do think the advantages of Smash 3DS on the go can overtake the cutting of Ice Climbers, but it kinda grinds my gears if they were fully developed for the Wii U version and then cut out. I mean you got people griping about the 3 clones in the game taking precious development time when the Ice Climbers essentially didn't even amount to anything ending in being dropped.

Also, I'd like to point out the "Knowing that many fans would be baffled by the pair’s removal, franchise creator Masahiro Sakurai addressed the tag team’s absence from the new games" portion of the article. I would imagine people would be baffled over :snake:'s removal--maybe a little more so than Wolf's (walking on a minefield here). But again, I second guess that Snake could've screamed "one-time" deal. I suppose it all depends on how optimistic you are.

Edit: Tino, glad you're doing better man! Hope everything remains well!

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/16/tamakiinterview

So here's some interview from that cupcake dude on how he makes stuff up and backpedals when it goes wrong, and how he didn't even cover that "Smash Ballot is updated" fake information, trying his best to avoid mentioning that.

Also, he claimed Wolf is unlikely lmao
What a damned guy he is. He just said Wolf is unlikely because he lost hopes and that won't be in because he hadn't been released yet.
But Sakurai was ought to have Wolf in mind...

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
What a damned guy he is. He just said Wolf is unlikely because he lost hopes and that won't be in because he hadn't been released yet.
But Sakurai was ought to have Wolf in mind...
I don't really understand--is this guy a speculator? Does he have a good rep? There are so many things in Wolf's favor compared to that of Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo that if it turns out he wasn't DLC, I would wonder what the heck Sakurai is thinking. The only reason I can think of NOT including Wolf is if they're done with Veterans. That's it. The three ditchers (Roy, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo) all had unfinished data in Brawl--so they were on Sakurai's mind for a while (saying this to somewhat discourage Pichu and Young Link who I don't believe had any data). Even Snake hasn't been completely disconfirmed!

I also love Mario Maker because it shows Sakurai is willing to promote a new game or make a level based on a new game. Drives me nuts because Wolf would fit perfectly for a promotion for Star Fox U (and it has now been said for the millionth time XD).
Another little pointer to Wolf is that on the little "buy both" Soundtrack, Wolf's theme is one of the Starfox songs included--one could say Venom is equally as iconic. But in that situation, I'm definitely grasping at straws--September 30th sounds like a last-minute before-ballot DLC release day, no? One last little piece of note is that the concept for Lucas, Wolf, and even Snake reach back to Melee so why cut the characters when they finally come into fruition? :popo::pichumelee::younglinkmelee::squirtle::ivysaur::snake::wolf:

You know what? Wolf will be DLC. Enough of this speculation--we can all feel it coming. *suddenly every veteran except Wolf is revealed as the next batch of DLC*

Last edited:

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850

So here's some interview from that cupcake dude on how he makes stuff up and backpedals when it goes wrong, and how he didn't even cover that "Smash Ballot is updated" fake information, trying his best to avoid mentioning that.

Unlikely? That's bull-crap. I mean, Wolf is unique and a bad a** character in both SF and SSB series. If he thinks Wolf is just another clone, then he lost my respect.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I found a StrawPoll on reddit saying what veteran you want to return

I'm sure you're very happy with the results

Pic for reference:View attachment 73579
Voted for Wolf and Pichu(was thinking about Snake but chose Pichu cuz he was cute and happy
Great to see Wolf still going really strong in terms of support, and I'm also surprised to see Pichu that high up.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai not releasing wolf would be one of the worst business ideas ever. The new SF game is coming out soon. He has to man. Wolf at the top of the ballot too. You guys are trippin

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Sakurai not releasing wolf would be one of the worst business ideas ever. The new SF game is coming out soon. He has to man. Wolf at the top of the ballot too. You guys are trippin
Agreed. Now's pretty much a better time than ever to announce Wolf. They shouldn't let it go to waste.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Which Donkey Kong stage came back? I assume you are referring to DLC stages such as Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, and Dreamland, correct? Or just Nintendo 64 stages in general?

Kongo Jungle 64 came back for a funky "Throwback Thursday"

Also,Sakurai said in a Famitsu article"No matter what I did,they would not function correctly,for the sake of the 3DS version,they were cut" not exactly his words bit if want proof,I'll link the article

Unrelated but,Z A R D B O Y Z+Collection:
image.jpg

Not included:incoming:4jigglypuff:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I honestly can't see how anyone can call wolf "unlikely" at this point. He's a highly reqested 1st party brawl vet with a game coming out in 2 months, how is Sakurai gonna just ignore that? There is literally nothing holding him back. Hell, even detractors should come to terms with his inevitable return.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

My favorite
I wouldn’t describe myself as pro or anti GG, but I genuinely can’t recall a time in which I’ve seen them actually criticise a poor piece of ‘games journalism’, or real corruption in the gaming media. I’ve tried for over a year now to keep an open mind to their ‘cause’. On the face of it, it sounds like something I’d be all for. The GG I’ve experienced, however, largely just seems hellbent on pedalling this anti political correctness agenda.

Even half-assed research would point out the whole thing started because Game Journalist were using their position to push Zoe Quinn's game, Depression Quest, and a few of these journalist had sexual relations with her and failed to indicate any undue influence. Game journalist responded to this criticism by all writing articles titled "Gamers are Dead"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz--i3M4PVk

Last edited:

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I don't know how Shovel Knight is likely since his amiibo is not smash. It would be weird if he had two amiibos. Of course if he gets confirmed, it does not mean Wolf is done for.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Hopefully we get some other DLC with Super Mario Maker stage however with it being days before Smash Ballot itll be unlikely itll be a character. Considering we have at least 4 new peeps coming beside Wolf most characters don't even have more than a 50% chance of coming.

I don't know how Shovel Knight is likely since his amiibo is not smash. It would be weird if he had two amiibos. Of course if he gets confirmed, it does not mean Wolf is done for.
Yacht Club licensed out the tech, they are doing the production and distribution. Nintendo is essentially just watching over it so it doesn't really add much to Shovel Knight being in the game on that basis alone.

Why am I ignoring you? Do you happen to be a Bandana Dee deetractor, or am I just ignoring you for no reason?
No idea, I'd wanna hope you don't ignore people because they may have an opinion that doesn't match with your own though.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Here's a fun little thread I found, http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-dlc-candidate-elimination-game.417254/page-2

Basically you give one + vote to your favorite character and choose between giving 2 different characters a -1 or just giving one different character a - X2. Here are the current standings,
Dixie Kong (7)
King K. Rool (17)
Bandana Dee (11)
Wolf (21)
Isaac (3)
Rayman (15)

I fear he is suffering from Sakuraiaphobia, fear that Sakurai will make an incredibly and illogical decision. Sakurai had best give us that Wolf character DLC, other wise the consequences for his actions will be huge.

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Here's a fun little thread I found, http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-dlc-candidate-elimination-game.417254/page-2

Basically you give one + vote to your favorite character and choose between giving 2 different characters a -1 or just giving one different character a - X2. Here are the current standings,
Dixie Kong (7)
King K. Rool (17)
Bandana Dee (11)
Wolf (21)
Isaac (3)
Rayman (15)

I fear he is suffering from Sakuraiaphobia, fear that Sakurai will make an incredibly and illogical decision. Sakurai had best give us that Wolf character DLC, other wise the consequences for his actions will be huge.
Done, voting him. Thanks for sharing.

Dixie Kong (7)
King K. Rool (17)
Bandana Dee (11)
Wolf (21)
Isaac (3)
Rayman (15)

Unfortunately, sharing the link to support threads was forbidden in rules, as it would give an unfair advantage to the character. Fortunately, I changed my mind and decided not to "punish" Wolf, instead I'll post the link to other support threads, to make it more fair.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hopefully we get some other DLC with Super Mario Maker stage however with it being days before Smash Ballot itll be unlikely itll be a character. Considering we have at least 4 new peeps coming beside Wolf most characters don't even have more than a 50% chance of coming.

Yacht Club licensed out the tech, they are doing the production and distribution. Nintendo is essentially just watching over it so it doesn't really add much to Shovel Knight being in the game on that basis alone.

No idea, I'd wanna hope you don't ignore people because they may have an opinion that doesn't match with your own though.
Not at all, I wouldn't do that, it's when they're rude about it when I ignore them, I must have just ignored you by mistake.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Could you imagine when ballot is over and Sakurai's workers says:
"We've got a lot of votes here: for Isaac, Snake, Bandana Dee, Wolf, King K. Rool, Shrek, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Ice Climbers, Krystal and Dixie Kong."

And then Sakurai:
"Perfect, let's start creating ... "

I'm 100% sure Wolf had to be noticed from our Senpai ages ago. :B

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"We've got a lot of votes here: for Isaac, Snake, Bandana Dee, Wolf, King K. Rool, Shrek, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Ice Climbers, Krystal and Dixie Kong."

And then Sakurai:
It would be released in 2025.

D

Deleted member

So guys, how would you feel if Wolf had a new Final Smash......
......and that Final Smash turned out to be a Red Walker?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It would be released in 2025.
Heh, I'd give them a bit more credit than that.

They could probably pump out all those characters within the 2015-16 time frame and keep this game alive for a long time.

There's just the issue of the DLC costing much more than the base game itself. But I wouldn't have a problem with it.

You know what they say, the more the merrier!

Morbi

Scavenger

And then Sakurai:

I'm 100% sure Wolf had to be noticed from our Senpai ages ago. :B
No, I could not imagine that occurring at all. Instead I imagine Sakurai's employees uttering, "We've got a lot of votes here for: Isaac, Snake, Bandana Dee, Wolf, King K. Rool, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Ice Climbers, Krystal and Dixie Kong.

And then Sakurai:
"Perfect, let's start creating... One or two of them."

Although, I must admit, I believe we are getting Wolf and I do not believe it has anything to do with the ballot. They had to work on a character from the time period that they finished their last one and October 3rd which is when the ballot ends.

Top Bottom