• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
1: That's not how it works, SEGA needs to approve it and the director needs to want it
2: Speculating on who'll help make the game is something I don't recommend
3: either both or 1 or neither? That's basically saying 'I don't know'. When you say 'demanding ones' answer me this: why does Sakurai say fan demand when talking about newcomers that got in?
This is how I see things. You don't have to agree with me, it's my opinion.

Sonic: A definite ~ SEGA is on its last life and having Sonic appear in Smash helps the company out a lot. Sonic is also a fan favorite, so popularity plays a part.

Pac-Man: Miyamoto wanted him in Brawl, he got in this game. It's like the Snake thing but this time a huge figure head at Nintendo. He's likely, very likely, considering that Namco COULD help again, no definites; He's a gaming icon that'll help sell the game no matter what. He's also a fan favorite.

Mega Man: I think he's a definite since he is the poster-boy for Capcom on Nintendo consoles. He was one of the leading forces on the NES and hasn't lost his popularity despite his continued absence from the mainstream market.

Ryu: This one's a 50/50. Honestly, I think he'll return as DLC again. He's not exactly beloved by fans, but he's a powerful figure in gaming, nonetheless. He's a strange inclusion. Probably included at Capcoms request, he's in a weird situation but I'd put him more on the yes end than the no end since he's such a big icon in gaming.

Snake: This is the most interesting of them all. If Snake returns as DLC this time, then I think he's a definite for next game since the fan outcry has been so loud for him to return this game. Otherwise, he has absolutely no chance... Which makes me sad.

New 3rd Party Predictions: (Ryu) Hayabusa. Weird choice, I know. His history with Nintendo is substantial, though. All three NES games, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on SNES, NInja Gaiden Dragon Sword on DS, Nintendo published Razor's Edge for Wii U, and that not so special cameo of Samus in Dead or Alive Dimensions.

Please pitch in! Might as well liven the thread up somehow.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A Mario Kart x Star Fox DLC pack is all I could ever ask for. Plus, Mario Kart has already turned into an "All-Star" game series when R.O.B. became playable in Mario Kart DS.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Ah, I love typing out a lengthy comment, going to post it, and getting hit with nightly backup. Anyway...

I like Snake, and would enjoy seeing him return to the Smash arena. Just not before Wolf. However, I don't think he'll be coming back. In my mind, the only remaining Brawl vet with a legit, GOOD chance of returning as DLC is Wolf, as there's really no reason not to bring him back. Snake and Ice Climbers have things standing in their way, and Squirtle/Ivysaur aren't that heavily requested.

As far as other third-parties are concerned, I don't think we'll be seeing anymore for Sm4sh DLC. Shantae would be fun, she has history with Nintendo and feels very Nintendo-esque, plus her moveset potential is absurd. I don't really think she has much of a shot, but it'd be neat. And Microsoft says they would be okay with Banjo making it in. Well, of course they would, it's free advertising for them on one of the killer apps of a competitors console.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I like Snake, and would enjoy seeing him return to the Smash arena. Just not before Wolf.
This would be what I'll say for all the characters I have no problems with. But of course some failed to happen (Roy)...

Now that such a thing happened, I'd really say I don't want any other characters, at least not before Wolf returns.

I've given my Top 10 by want% (actually it's just Wolf and list out every popular character and characters I hate then to evaluate my want for them) at a point, but every character would go under 50% and Wolf at the 100%.

I've also halved my Chance and Want in RTC sometimes to justify the fact that the competition has tightened and I wouldn't want to see them anymore unless Wolf happened.

I'm this biased.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
A topic I can actually form an opinion on. Happy Birthday to me! No seriously, today is my birthday :) So, third party predictions for DLC and the next title? Alrighty then.

Sonic - Locked in unless Sega's president urinates in Sakurai's favorite tea. Sonic's inclusion in the Smash Brothers is what helps keep his franchise alive. Plus, he's a fan favorite that was requested to be playable, by both the company and fans, way back in Melee.

Snake - As DLC? I honestly don't know. He's my 3rd most requested character, so I really do want him in, but I just don't know. Snake was in Brawl, so his veteran status does help him out a bit. He's a fan favorite too, so there is even more reason to add him in. If he did make the cut for DLC, though, I'd say that he'd ALMOST be a lock for the next game. If he doesn't make the cut, his chances for next game are almost nonexistent.

Mega Man - Well, if Nintendo doesn't want him in for next game, I'm sure Capcom will buy him back in. He's a fan favorite who was one of the faces of the NES. If he didn't make the cut, I personallly wouldn't mind, but I know the outcry from fans would be too massive for Sakurai to ignore.

Pac-Man - More than likely a lock if Namco is still helping out with Smash Bros. whenever the next game rolls around, which they more-than-likely will be. The only thing that would cause him to get cut would be if Namco doesn't help with development, or they force Sakurai to use a different design for him. Sakurai said that if he couldn't use Pac-Man's current design, he would have more-than-likely cut him from the roster. I, personally, don't care for his inclusion. If he's in, meh. If he's out, meh.

Ryu - Ugh. More than one representative for one third party is stupid. I really hope that next game, it's one-or-the-other for Capcom, and I hope they choose Mega Man. I really don't care for Ryu, and all his button sensitivity/button inputs put Smash in a very, very, VERY bad direction. Away from personal thoughts, he's a 50/50. Capcom really only needs Mega Man, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ryu made it back in. Hopefully not, though

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I don't think making it twice locks you in sadly. :4jigglypuff: was almost cut from Melee to Brawl, so it's certainly plausible to cut a character even after making it in two games.
The two time veteran/original 12 thing was not established when Melee came out.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
A Mario Kart x Star Fox DLC pack is all I could ever ask for. Plus, Mario Kart has already turned into an "All-Star" game series when R.O.B. became playable in Mario Kart DS.
Yes and a Kirby DLC pack would be awesome too. He even had his own racing game on the GCN so Nintendo could remake a few tracks from Air Ride and put them in Mario Kart 8. As for karts and bikes, I'm kinda thinking about a Warp Star kart and maybe a Dragoon bike?

EDIT: Happy Birthday, @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB !

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
A topic I can actually form an opinion on. Happy Birthday to me! No seriously, today is my birthday :) So, third party predictions for DLC and the next title? Alrighty then.

Sonic - Locked in unless Sega's president urinates in Sakurai's favorite tea. Sonic's inclusion in the Smash Brothers is what helps keep his franchise alive. Plus, he's a fan favorite that was requested to be playable, by both the company and fans, way back in Melee.

Snake - As DLC? I honestly don't know. He's my 3rd most requested character, so I really do want him in, but I just don't know. Snake was in Brawl, so his veteran status does help him out a bit. He's a fan favorite too, so there is even more reason to add him in. If he did make the cut for DLC, though, I'd say that he'd ALMOST be a lock for the next game. If he doesn't make the cut, his chances for next game are almost nonexistent.

Mega Man - Well, if Nintendo doesn't want him in for next game, I'm sure Capcom will buy him back in. He's a fan favorite who was one of the faces of the NES. If he didn't make the cut, I personallly wouldn't mind, but I know the outcry from fans would be too massive for Sakurai to ignore.

Pac-Man - More than likely a lock if Namco is still helping out with Smash Bros. whenever the next game rolls around, which they more-than-likely will be. The only thing that would cause him to get cut would be if Namco doesn't help with development, or they force Sakurai to use a different design for him. Sakurai said that if he couldn't use Pac-Man's current design, he would have more-than-likely cut him from the roster. I, personally, don't care for his inclusion. If he's in, meh. If he's out, meh.

Ryu - Ugh. More than one representative for one third party is stupid. I really hope that next game, it's one-or-the-other for Capcom, and I hope they choose Mega Man. I really don't care for Ryu, and all his button sensitivity/button inputs put Smash in a very, very, VERY bad direction. Away from personal thoughts, he's a 50/50. Capcom really only needs Mega Man, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ryu made it back in. Hopefully not, though
Well, firstly, happy birthday, and yeah, I fully agree with you.

Tho I feel like these 3rd party characters just came to be a "special guest" thing, and they will just be here and stay once, then it's other's turn. Sonic may be a special case, since Sega sorta has the biggest relation to Nintendo than other companies. I'm not too sure about Sonic, but for other characters, especially Ryu (which again I fully agree with your opinion on), they may most likely not make the cut, due to the amount of 3rd parties are already more than enough.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Happy Birthday, @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB !
Thank-you!

Well, firstly, happy birthday
Thank-you!

Tho I feel like these 3rd party characters just came to be a "special guest" thing, and they will just be here and stay once, then it's other's turn. Sonic may be a special case, since Sega sorta has the biggest relation to Nintendo than other companies. I'm not too sure about Sonic, but for other characters, especially Ryu (which again I fully agree with your opinion on), they may most likely not make the cut, due to the amount of 3rd parties are already more than enough.
I like the idea of them simply being one-time guest characters, with the exception of Sonic. Unfortunate that we won't get to see characters like Snake and Mega Man again, but it does open the gates for more. Maybe we can see Banjo & Kazooie in the future.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Thank-you!

I like the idea of them simply being one-time guest characters, with the exception of Sonic. Unfortunate that we won't get to see characters like Snake and Mega Man again, but it does open the gates for more. Maybe we can see Banjo & Kazooie in the future.
I actually believe :4megaman: won't be a one time thing. I doubt that and while :4sonic: is the only third-party veteran, it won't mean he's the only one. I believe he's a Smash mainstay for the future and will be back for Smash 5
image.jpg

:4pacman: depends on if Bamco will still work with Smash for the future titles
:4ryu:, yep. One time thing

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's too soon to speculate that, besides Sonic, whether or not the other third parties would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I personally would love to see Mega Man back in the next Smash game but even I have my doubts about it but we won't know for sure for another, what, 5-8 years?

@ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB Happy birthday, by the way. :)

Last edited:

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
I don't think snake is relevant anymore to Nintendo. Back when they were developing brawl, he had a game for the Wii out. Since then he has done nothing for Nintendo (that I know of). I loved the snake character, he brought a new type of fighting style that was really unique, but I get why they left him out. I doubt he will come back again unless he gets a game for 3ds or wii u.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
@ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB Happy birthday, by the way. :)
Thank-you! Also, I agree. It is a little too soon for us to be speculating which ones will be one-timers of not. I can see Mega Man staying in for the next game, leaving the likes of Pac-Man and Ryu in the dirt, though.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Happy birthday, @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB ! Live long and...Wolf~!

And now for REALTALK~

I am genuinely concerned about Wolf's chances.

The more I think about it, the more I am unsure if he will make the cut.

I have a very strong sense of faith in him and I think he's got a good chance, but...

I dunno, man.

It's difficult to ascertain right now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't think snake is relevant anymore to Nintendo. Back when they were developing brawl, he had a game for the Wii out. Since then he has done nothing for Nintendo (that I know of). I loved the snake character, he brought a new type of fighting style that was really unique, but I get why they left him out. I doubt he will come back again unless he gets a game for 3ds or wii u.

As for Wolf, I feel like his chances are still really good. He's in the same boat that Lucas was in terms of gameplay, (loosely based on another character, but unique enough that his removal caused a lot of outcry) except there's actually a game coming out that includes him, which seems like it would make his inclusion more likely. I could understand why he wasn't included in the base game, if they didn't know that Star Fox Zero was coming out, but it seems like including him as DLC wouldn't take much effort compared to a newcomer, or even characters like Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.

Perhaps I'm underestimating the amount of work it would take, but given how many people want veterans (especially unique ones) back, Wolf seems like a character who wouldn't take as much effort as most others while still making Nintendo quite a bit of money.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I wouldn't worry about Wolf.
If anything, maybe they wanted to push him back a lil' so he can be closer to the Stair Wax 0 release.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Happy birthday, @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB ! Live long and...Wolf~!
Thank-you!

And now for REALTALK~
I am genuinely concerned about Wolf's chances.
The more I think about it, the more I am unsure if he will make the cut.
I have a very strong sense of faith in him and I think he's got a good chance, but...
I dunno, man.
It's difficult to ascertain right now.
I feel the same way. I mean, look at what all Wolf has. Star Fox Zero is on it's way, he's a solid figure that has his own mode in Star Fox Zero, Miyamoto has hinted at a non-Star Fox brand Amiibo surprise, and Wolf is a highly requested veteran. Hell, all of the planets are practically aligned for Wolf's return.

However, I can't shake the feeling of doubt either. It's like a "Too good to be true" scenario. It just makes too much sense to happen. I'm very confident that Star Fox Zero will bring more than just the game itself, but I'm really just hoping it's Wolf's return.

We have two slots left on the data, and we have two Melee vets (Mewtwo and Roy), a brawl vet (Lucas), and a newcomer (Ryu). Wolf and a newcomer like King K. Rool would be perfect for the slots. As much as I love Snake, I'd be furious if the veteran was Snake and Slippy was the newcomer, though. I'd feel better if it was Krystal, but she isn't even in Star Fox Zero.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Thank-you!

I feel the same way. I mean, look at what all Wolf has. Star Fox Zero is on it's way, he's a solid figure that has his own mode in Star Fox Zero, Miyamoto has hinted at a non-Star Fox brand Amiibo surprise, and Wolf is a highly requested veteran. Hell, all of the planets are practically aligned for Wolf's return.

However, I can't shake the feeling of doubt either. It's like a "Too good to be true" scenario. It just makes too much sense to happen. I'm very confident that Star Fox Zero will bring more than just the game itself, but I'm really just hoping it's Wolf's return.

We have two slots left on the data, and we have two Melee vets (Mewtwo and Roy), a brawl vet (Lucas), and a newcomer (Ryu). Wolf and a newcomer like King K. Rool would be perfect for the slots. As much as I love Snake, I'd be furious if the veteran was Snake and Slippy was the newcomer, though. I'd feel better if it was Krystal, but she isn't even in Star Fox Zero.
Source?

And happy birthday.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
horppy borfday @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

anywho, I always have faith in Wolf returning, one of the things I do is pretend Wolf's reveal trailer in my head, that always gives me hope on how easy it is to put him in.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Thank-you!

Happy birthday
horppy borfday @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

anywho, I always have faith in Wolf returning, one of the things I do is pretend Wolf's reveal trailer in my head, that always gives me hope on how easy it is to put him in.
"Wolf Stalks his Prey"tho

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Source? And happy birthday.
Thank-you! And there have been reports of there being a 'VS. Star Wolf Mode' -I'll find official source later

horppy borfday @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB anywho, I always have faith in Wolf returning, one of the things I do is pretend Wolf's reveal trailer in my head, that always gives me hope on how easy it is to put him in.
Thank-you! And I do the same. Just the thought of Wolf tearing the other characters apart seems so close, yet so far.

Happy birthday
Thank-you!

The Miyamoto's reference to the Star Fox Zero amiibos could be similar to the Fire Emblem amiibos on Fire Emblem Fates before the announcement of Roy and Ryu.
Fire Emblem Fates + Smash amiibos = Roy DLC on June
https://youtu.be/Jbt9QKnsFvU?t=2m26s
Star Fox Zero + Smash amiibos = Wolf DLC?
I certainly hope so. It just makes too much sense for it not to happen. All we can do is wait for August, more than likely around the 15th if following the pattern

D

Deleted member

Well guys, i decided to go to see Chronobound's posts and decided to take this little gem from the Roy Legacy thread:
"However, although things seem well and good here, things can easily go wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgHRknUO6g

Many people often misinterpret or take wildly out of context statements made by Sakurai. Examples of this include Sakurai's statement for adding Zero Suit Samus. Sakurai said he added Zero Suit Samus because he wanted to give the popular Metroid series another characters, and that it was good to add another female fighter to Smash Bros. Nearly every major female newcomer fanbase wildly misinterpreted that this meant that if a male and female character were in competition for a spot on the roster, he would go with the female character.

Another example of this would be when Sakurai confirmed cuts for Brawl. While many people thought Pichu, Young Link, and Dr. Mario were obvious cuts. They expanded it to much less obvious characters like practicallly half of Melee's roster. Many people thought characters like Mr. Game & Watch would be cut because they were "gimmicks nobody liked".

Perhaps the most profound example and turnabout was with Wolf. Wolf has been a character that was very popularly requested since the pre-Melee days. During much of pre-Brawl (prior to the Brawl unveil), he was definitely far more preferred Star Fox newcomer. However, due to Sakurai's statement on ZSS, Krystal became very competitive with Wolf in terms of requests (in Japan though, Wolf was still by far the favorite).

Wolf fans endured a lot of abuse and attacks for the next 1.5 years by the Krystal fanbase. They attacked him for being a possible clone, and for not not being "female". However, the Wolf fanbase continued to fight valiantly in the face of endless assaults and drooling horny adolescents. The Krystal fanbase during pre-Brawl was one of the most aggressive and loudest fanbases ever seen with Smash Bros. (the only other one I think matched them was Geno's), which makes the resilience of the Wolf fans even more impressive.Wolf still even had a slight edge in requests than Krystal.

However, towards the last few months of the pre-Brawl period, the Krystal fanbase finally felt they had the upperhand over their hated rival. The first thing was Fox having a "dark" color-pallette. Krystal fans jumped on this and said this was Sakurai's way of referencing Wolf, and that is showed that Sakurai believed Wolf not a good enough addition for Smash Bros., especially in comparison to Krystal. Wolf fans were distraught and there were quite a few that abandoned hope for the characters, however, the rest bit their lips and hunkered down for the inevitable new galvanized weaponry (Dark Fox) that the Krystal fans and other Smash Bros. fans would use against Wolf.

Things would turn even uglier for Wolf fans with the voice actress leak. Krystal's voice actress for Assault confirmed that not only was she voicing Zero Suit Samus, but also that she would be reprising the role of Krystal in Brawl. This automatically made the rest of the Smash Bros. fanbase view her as a shoe-in. Many Wolf fans at this point had lost hope, and instead thought the best way for Wolf to get in would be for Falco to get out. However, a dedicated few still believed that Wolf would be the one to come out on top, and there was an even smaller few that hung onto the life raft that was the statements made by the increasingly vindicated leakers, that Wolf truly would be in Brawl.

It turned out of course, that Wolf did get into Brawl as a playable character."
It may seem a little too dramatic, but the point is that this is pheraphs the best situation that Wolf has been during a long time.

What you guys had to endure is sort of little compared to other characters like Roy, Lucas (the Mother series is pretty much done for when it comes to make new games) and even MEWTWO (after Greninja's reveal, there was largely vocal group that thought that Mewtwo was not gonna come back) and just compare our situation now to what it was during the Pre-release time of SSB4, when people thought that Wolf was a gonner!

We are now seen as the supporters for THE most likely character for DLC alongside King K.Rool. We have a HUGE following that wants Wolf back, his return Star Fox Zero that gives us confidence for the future of our favorite space Canine, and calling him Clone is ignorance beyond belief.

TL;DR don't lose hope guys, no matter what hardships come, we won't give up.

Last edited by a moderator:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Well guys, i decided to go to see Chronobound's posts and decided to take this little gem from the Roy Legacy thread:

It may seem a little too dramatic, but the point is that this is pheraphs the best situation that Wolf has been during a long time.

What you guys had to endure is sort of little compared to other characters like Roy, Lucas (the Mother series is pretty much done for when it comes to make new games) and even MEWTWO (after Greninja's reveal, there was largely vocal group that thought that Mewtwo was not gonna come back) and just compare our situation now to what it was during the Pre-release time of SSB4, when people thought that Wolf was a gonner!

We are now seen as the supporters for THE most likely character for DLC alongside King K.Rool. We have a HUGE following that wants Wolf back, his return Star Fox Zero that gives us confidence for the future of our favorite space Canine, and calling him Clone is ignorance beyond belief.

TL;DR don't lose hope guys, no matter what hardships come, we won't give up.
inb4 Project M U edition announcement(with Wolf and IC's playable)

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Am I the only one that doesn't think Krystal would be a more unique addition to Smash than Wolf coming back. I mean, we already have an over sexualized female staff wielder. Maybe that's just me and there might be slight biased, because I strongly dislike Krystal.

I mean, I just hate those arguments about originality from Krystal fanboys. "Wolf is a clone, cut him and replace him with Krystal"

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Am I the only one that doesn't think Krystal would be a more unique addition to Smash than Wolf coming back. I mean, we already have an over sexualized female staff wielder. Maybe that's just me and there might be slight biased, because I strongly dislike Krystal.

I mean, I just hate those arguments about originality from Krystal fanboys. "Wolf is a clone, cut him and replace him with Krystal"
No one in the Krystal thread has this mentality.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

I like Krystal and most of us in the Krystal thread (well at least some of us) don't think that Wolf is a clone and that he should come back.

edit - ****ing :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
No one in the Krytal thread has this mentality.
I like Krystal and most of us in the Krystal thread (well at least some of us) don't think that Wolf is a clone and that he should come back.

edit - ****ing :4greninja:'d
Maybe I've just somehow managed to meet an unfortunate couple that ruined it for me then. And I'm not talking exclusively about smashboards. They're fine on here.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Maybe I've just somehow managed to meet an unfortunate couple that ruined it for me then. And I'm not talking exclusively about smashboards. They're fine on here.
Possibly. Please do not let a couple of bad eggs ruin the character, you can find em for ANY fanbase, even King K's. Just see gamefaqs.

I swear Krystal gets so much hate for NO reason other than pettyness, Ridley there's an argument, but this character has literally no reason to be hated other than the petty factor, its annoying to see, would she really ruin the game for you? Anyway most krystal fans are ON wolf's side, hoping that once he gets in you guys will help us out, we have been pulling and supporting wolf too yknow.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
As seen in the Chronobound post from earlier, Krystal fans gave Wolf fans a lot of **** leading up to Brawl. Not saying any Krystal supporters here were involved in that, mind, but it kind of soured me on the character as a whole. And I didn't really like her to begin with.
I don't see where all the 'uniqueness' claims come from either. She had a staff for like five minutes in one game that came out 13 years ago. In both of her subsequent appearances, she was a pilot/blaster master just like everyone else. Who's to say she wouldn't just be another derivative?
That said, so long as Wolf comes back, I wouldn't complain if she came in too.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm a Wolf fan and a Krystal fan, but Wolf comes first. Krystal really does get hate for no reason though. I really don't understand how people consider her to "Not be a REAL Star Fox character" but whatever. What makes me even more mad is when people claim they don't want Wolf or Krystal in because we're ALL 100% CONFIRMED FURRIES.

It's like saying ALL Ness/Lucas mains are pedophiles and ALL Duck Hunt mains are into beastiality.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I laughed my *** off at this right here. That's why I call this ***** :4palutena: a stripper. :denzel:
The artistic tradition and culture of ancient Greece wants a word with you~

I'm indifferent towards Krystal. I've never had a strong opinion on the character or her fanbase. I do think "he's a clone, replace him" is a silly argument, though I have similar sentiments towards the notion of "she's just a furry with a staff".

Everyone supports characters for their own reason. I could care less why that is, so long as you're a decent sort and respect the wishes of others.

Incidentally, I downloaded Beowulf in Skullgirls today and hoooot daaaamn, he would do our boy proud. I'm honestly a tad surprised we haven't named our fanbase "The Wolf Pack" or something yet.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Most of us in the Krystal thread want Wolf back too, some even want her before him. Palutena and Krystal would fight nothing alike, that's like saying we don't need Ike because we have Marth despite the fact that they are 2 completely different characters.

Also, How is Palutena sexualized? In order for a character to be sexualized they must be presented as a sex object, something that really only exists to give pleasure to others, Palutena is presented as a strong figure and her appearance or mannerisms don't change that. Just cause she uses her staff in a manner in which strippers do doesn't make her sexualized

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The artistic tradition and culture of ancient Greece wants a word with you~

I'm indifferent towards Krystal. I've never had a strong opinion on the character or her fanbase. I do think "he's a clone, replace him" is a silly argument, though I have similar sentiments towards the notion of "she's just a furry with a staff".

Everyone supports characters for their own reason. I could care less why that is, so long as you're a decent sort and respect the wishes of others.

Incidentally, I downloaded Beowulf in Skullgirls today and hoooot daaaamn, he would do our boy proud. I'm honestly a tad surprised we haven't named our fanbase "The Wolf Pack" or something yet.
I forgot you're a stripper user, I mean, Palutena user here. No offense but I just hate her.

D

Deleted member

I think i did something wrong here.......

Well before anything, Chrono's post does not reflect my opinion on Krystal or her fanbase (if i had to be honest with you, i've only played Star Fox and Star Fox 64).

I have nothing against Krystal, and i wouldn't be mad/dissapointed/angry/upset if she made it. I just want Wolf back before anything else from SF (and when it comes to brand new unique characters, i have my personal choices).

I apologize if i offended any Krystal fans in the process.

EDIT: i should also mention that Brawl speculation was just crazier in general, Fire Emblem speculation was a mess during Brawl, many fanbases used ridiculous and filmsy arguments during that time and there were.... questionable choices for characters (SIgurd,Geno,ect).

Chronobound also tends to be rather deep when it comes to writing essays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom