• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Hate to burst bubbles but why are some so confident he's coming back? I mean, I want him back too but still.
So if Wolf doesn't get revealed by August stuff, do we proceed with Change petition? Sorry for being so pessimistic as always.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Hate to burst bubbles but why are some so confident he's coming back? I mean, I want him back too but still.
So if Wolf doesn't get revealed by August stuff, do we proceed with Change petition? Sorry for being so pessimistic as always.
I'm not saying he's garaunteed, but the fact he's by far the most popular veteran that's not dlc, he's getting a new game, and he'd be really easy to make all make him very likely. There really is no reason for him NOT to be in.

Honestly, I'd like to know why you're so pessimistic. Maybe there's something I didn't take into consideration. Plus, being pessimistic won't get us anywhere.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying he's garaunteed, but the fact he's by far the most popular veteran that's not dlc, he's getting a new game, and he'd be really easy to make all make him very likely. There really is no reason for him NOT to be in.

Honestly, I'd like to know why you're so pessimistic. Maybe there's something I didn't take into consideration. Plus, being pessimistic won't get us anywhere.
Why am I the only one interested on creating Change petition, then?
If it isn't created yet and not posted here by the time, I will do it if by August trailers or whatsoever Wolf isn't announced.
Would you help getting signatures that moment or will you guys still believe he's going to get in?

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Why am I the only one interested on creating Change petition, then?
If it isn't created yet and not posted here by the time, I will do it if by August trailers or whatsoever Wolf isn't announced.
Would you help getting signatures that moment or will you guys still believe he's going to get in?
Okay, I understand you're concerned and that's cool. There are actually a few out there already.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-wolf-o-donnel-as-dlc-to-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-wolf-as-a-dlc-for-super-smash-brothers-for-wii-u-and-3ds

https://www.change.org/p/masahiro-s...content-to-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds

Though I honestly don't mind making one specifically for this thread. Heck, I already have some ideas on what to say. Maybe @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] could put it on the front page as our official petition. Plus, we can all get signatures from wherever we can. I'm willing to help. If you have any ideas, just let me know.

I'm also with agreement in you with thinking that he's a shoe-in. I actually think that it's the reason he hasn't been announced already, but you gotta have some faith, man.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
http://smashboards.com/threads/dail...tly-balloon-fighter-bandanna-dee-wolf.410404/
New thread, be sure to follow the thread so you can keep on answering questions.
Today we are voting on Balloon Fighter, Bandanna Dee, and Wolf.

Balloon Fighter:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364042x5eae4Bc5-14

Bandanna Dee:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364071x496F4EcC-14

Wolf:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364076xe7557305-14
Voted. He's got 80 percent of the vote (the "yes" option), so that's good.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Again, the English VA doesn't really affect me, and I have a good feeling that the Japanese VA will still be Ooba Mahito, since Fox/Falco didn't change VAs.

Speaking of Voice Actor, I've finally find a footage of SF0 that has Japanese voice acting, and I cringed.
(The Titania part)
Fox sounded a bit strange, and is a bit more worrying than usual, at least not like the one I heard in Brawl Smash Taunts. Couldn't hear Peppy, but Falco and Slippy didn't change much (Slippy sounding more like Lucas but more feminine tbh)

So first it's the English version (SSB4) that got a weird sounding Fox, now the Japanese one? :/

I hope that was just the only cringy part, since for the parts I can only find English voices with, Fox seemed much more normal. But that part... ugh.
Does that mean that Egawa voices Falco,YESZ

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Let me just say one thing if Wolf doesnt come back yet Roy did? Is the most biggest Bull* since Sakurai said he didnt wanna destroy Ridleys character by making him playable and that faithful representation of characters is important to keep yet he didnt give Ganondorf a more Zelda Moveset.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Don't be hatin' on Roy. Easily one of the most fun characters in this game.
Personally, I love Roy. He's our boy! But if he didn't get in over Wolf I would have understood since he was in a Japanese exclusive FE game that came out 13 years ago. After all, Wolf is getting a new game soon and I really don't think Roy will ever be getting a new game.

In relevance and popularity, I will admit Wolf deserves the spot more.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
http://smashboards.com/threads/dail...tly-balloon-fighter-bandanna-dee-wolf.410404/
New thread, be sure to follow the thread so you can keep on answering questions.
Today we are voting on Balloon Fighter, Bandanna Dee, and Wolf.

Balloon Fighter:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364042x5eae4Bc5-14

Bandanna Dee:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364071x496F4EcC-14

Wolf:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364076xe7557305-14
While more polls are always nice we do have quite a few large ones already which give a general idea of where things are.

Don't be hatin' on Roy. Easily one of the most fun characters in this game.
Fun being a subjective factor in criteria. While it is great to have a rep from the Elibe series of games most people only know Roy from Smash. He was popular but there were bigger contenders for returns who didn't make it back.

He has a strong foundation for returning and the only time that should waiver is if SFZ releases, Smash ballot ends and we still have zero announcement or confirmation of Wolf coming back.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because an popularity, Wolf will come back, whether he's preballot or if he needs the ballot.

If you think Change petitions work with Nintendo, then Federation Force would be cancelled about a week ago

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Because an popularity, Wolf will come back, whether he's preballot or if he needs the ballot.

If you think Change petitions work with Nintendo, then Federation Force would be cancelled about a week ago
I nearly forgot about that, I wonder how many votes it got. Not that it will make it go anywhere else but no where very fast, I'm genuinely curious as to how many people bothered to sign up on Change just to see a game get buried in the ground than to taint retail shelves (instead of, you know, just not buying it). I mean I wasn't exactly hot in my loins over Federation Farts either, but I'd rather not see a dev team take a huge hit financially developing something that won't release (and it will still release).

Although out of morbid curiosity I'd want to see if there was any game that could get more people calling for its cancellation than those who'd actually buy it if it bombs on Code Name STEAM levels.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
...I actually really like how Federation Force looks... And I'm a fan of CodeName S.T.E.A.M.

Damn, I got some unpopular opinions...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
...I actually really like how Federation Force looks... And I'm a fan of CodeName S.T.E.A.M.

Damn, I got some unpopular opinions...
I think it's less of Federation Force than it having the Metroid name slapped on there. A lot of people are still waiting for a proper Metroid game in the vain of Super Metroid (being a "Metroidvania" game). I personally think it looks like one of those games you find hidden away in the backlogs of a Gameinformer magazine and not something you really show off at E3 personally, but it might play just fine gameplay wise.

No offense to you, of course.

And I have no clue what CodeName STEAM actually is other than by the cover and knowing it sold horribly so I can't pass judgement on that game myself.

Edit: Anyway, sorry to derail the topic, this is the Wolf thread afterall.

Speaking of games that look terrible visually

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'll forgive Star Fox 0's graphics. The game is so ambitious that it's to be expected for some things to be not so perfect. I mean, think about it. What other game allows you to fly through a giant on-rails section before going into a giant arena where you can fly freely shooting and blowing things up with the added option to transform and attack things on ground level? Add in multiple objectives, first person view on another screen, beautiful musical score, cinematic story, and lovable characters and you have one hell of an innovative game.

This all goes without even mentioning the multiple other vehicles to pilot through the same set of scenarios. This game is huge. You'll have to forgive that the developers would focus more on 60fps and innovative gameplay than graphics. This game is a perfect example of what Iwata wanted for the game industry, "Games are meant to be one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone." If they're going with that mindset, then the game can look as bad as the SNES game. I don't give a ****, as long as I'm having fun.

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman

Nintendo already seen its bad reception.
If a Change petition is created directly for this boards, I can assume it could reach more than those small amount of signatures, and Wolf will be noticed from our Senpai~!

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
  • Star Fox Zero
  • 2 unknown, most likely pre-ballot character slots were found in the games data
  • Lucas and Roy, Japan only characters (Sakurai said this was a problem with Takamaru getting in) that are more cloney got in over him
  • Ballot doesn't end till October
  • There's a wave 3 of DLC coming starting with Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo already seen its bad reception.
If a Change petition is created directly for this boards, I can assume it could reach more than those small amount of signatures, and Wolf will be noticed from our Senpai~!
If they saw the petition, then it's more than 'those small amount of signatures'
Main thing is this: They KNOW it's there. They aren't cancelling it. Petitions on the internet aren't going to affect a company as large as Nintendo

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
C'mon, is it really that "visually bad"?

Oh and that cute little direct-i.
For a game releasing at the tail end of 2015, among the last few games of a console's life span when games are supposed to be at their best, yes. Yes it is. It looks rushed. And it's one of the last few "hits" the Wii U will be receiving, that we know of, until the NX comes out and blows it away. Now I realize this is largely in part because the game has to render on the TV and the gamepad at 60fps at the same time which is a MAJOR feat, I will give credit where credit is do, but I think there's more polygons in Luigi's nose in Smash than there are in the massive ships on the Star Fox Zero space level.

Compare to Star Fox Assault

Edit: I will throw out a quick note that this isn't an offensive commend towards Wolf or his fans, or Star Fox fans in general, as the game may very well be a total blast to play (I merely have my reservations), though I still think the game ultimately suffered from the dual screen mechanic. I'm fairly sure this is how the game will look like at launch, and it's not becuase "it's not finished yet", which it is, because it was their main thing to show off at E3 and is coming out in a few months, but it had to take the hit visually for running two screens at once in 60fps.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
August Direct:We would to show you this,(smash ball noises)Trailer shows Fox and Falco beating up Fox's"Wolf"costume,we hear Wolf,Wolf hits Fox and then Fox is Kill,Falco runs away."Wolf Stalks His Prey",trailer goes on,Etika"WOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLFFFFFFFF""DADDY,DADDY SAKURAI",Smashboards thread says "WOLF HYPE!!"
Says Releases Tommorow @ 12:00 am,Boom,For Glory covered with Wolf,Roy,Lucas,and Ryu

Tournament mode characters:Wolf,Roy,Lucas,and Ryu+Mewtwo if needed

Palettes:,Regular,Red,Blue(Changed),Green(changed),White,Black,Orange,and Purple

Voice Actors:
US:Jaz Adams
JP:Hisao Egawa(honor of Star Fox 64)

P.S:Announces a new option,Voice Options:Lets you choose what region of voice you want:English or Japanese

YOU HEAR THAT GUYS YOU COULD HEAR FOX'S JAPANESE VOICE,CAUSE YOU HATE THE ENGLISH ONE,NOW REJOICE FOR YOUR NEW POWAAAAAH!!!!

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
August Direct:We would to show you this,(smash ball noises)Trailer shows Fox and Falco beating up Fox's"Wolf"costume,we hear Wolf,Wolf hits Fox and then Fox is Kill,Falco runs away."Wolf Stalks His Prey",trailer goes on,Etika"WOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLFFFFFFFF""DADDY,DADDY SAKURAI",Smashboards thread says "WOLF HYPE!!"
Says Releases Tommorow @ 12:00 am,Boom,For Glory covered with Wolf,Roy,Lucas,and Ryu

Palettes:,Regular,Red,Blue(Changed),Green(changed),White,Black,Orange,and Purple

Voice Actors:

P.S:Announces a new option,Voice Options:Lets you choose what region of voice you want:English or Japanese

YOU HEAR THAT GUYS YOU COULD HEAR FOX'S JAPANESE VOICE,CAUSE YOU HATE THE ENGLISH ONE,NOW REJOICE FOR YOUR NEW POWAAAAAH!!!!
Would love this to be true. :S

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Hello! I wanna join to the list of Wolf Supporters!
Was one of my favorite characters from Brawl and I want him back
If Roy, Mewtwo and Lucas could Wolf too!

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Hello! I wanna join to the list of Wolf Supporters!
If Roy, Mewtwo and Lucas could Wolf too!
Welcome aboard!

It's always great to see a Wolf supporter.

I see that you're new to Smashboards so hopefully you enjoy your time here.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

Voice Actors:

Again, this sounds too hopeful..

Also why Falco Egawa voice Wolf? Fox and Falco didn't change Japanese VA from Brawl and so shouldn't Wolf.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Hello! I wanna join to the list of Wolf supporters!
If Roy,Mewtwo,and Lucas could Wolf too!
Welcome to Smashboards,you can make friends here and get news about Nintendo and Tournaments,Enjoy your stay

@ Logo12 Logo12 Wolf and Falco were voiced by Hisao Egawa in 64,maybe 643D,But yeah,Oba should voice Wolf again

EDIT:I Fixed it,thanks for pointing that out @ Logo12 Logo12

Last edited:
Top Bottom