• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
*crosses fingers* Please be revealed in August so I can destroy all my friends with you.

The future of DLC is ours to decide! (At least I like to think that way)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
*crosses fingers* Please be revealed in August so I can destroy all my friends with you.

The future of DLC is ours to decide! (At least I like to think that way)
At this point I really do think it's gonna happen, there's no chance that between now till October Sakurai and his team are working on 2 N64 stages, tournament mode and nothing else

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Well since I play Smash 90% of the time just to versus a level 7-8 CPU with Fox so I see mostly Star Fox symbol. Does that count?
I'm talking about overall everywhere else,not counting vs. mode.
Even then,the KI symbol is with 3 characters,Star Fox and DK is with 2.
Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Think they'll have new voice clips for Wolf so that he'd fit in with the other Star Fox characters who have their Star Fox 64 + Zero voices, or will they reuse his Jay Ward's voice clips from Brawl?

And a quick point I'd like to mention - it seems I'm on the support list twice. :p

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Think they'll have new voice clips for Wolf so that he'd fit in with the other Star Fox characters who have their Star Fox 64 + Zero voices, or will they reuse his Jay Ward's voice clips from Brawl?

And a quick point I'd like to mention - it seems I'm on the support list twice. :p
Likely,please be good(NOTE:I DONT CARE ABOUT FOX'S VOICE)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As in dying to meet Wolf? Why?
I don't know. That's just my imagination. :p

I remember I answered this before. I hope they reuse his voice clips from Brawl rather than giving him new ones. If they do give him a new one, hope they don't get him ****ed up like they did with Fox.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's effectively been one month since E3. We are getting that closer to August, guys.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He is working on the ballot chars
Also.
The ballot doesn't end until October though, it doesn't make much sense to choose the characters before that. What would happen if one of the characters shot up in votes shortly before the ballot closed?

They'll probably redo it which I don't mind much, as long as it isn't terrible I'll live with it. If they could manage to combine both voices though it'd be perfect

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

The thing with Wolf is that his voice will be tolerable either way, for me at least. With Fox, you have either a serious voice (Jim Walker's) or an almost prepubescent voice (Mike Wests'). With Falco, it is a hilariously awesome Brooklyn accent (Dex Manley's) or a rather bland voice (Mark Lund's). With Wolf, however, you either get a badass gruff voice (Jay Ward's) or a snarky british accent (Jaz Adams')

Although, I would like to see Jay Ward come back for the role.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Again, the English VA doesn't really affect me, and I have a good feeling that the Japanese VA will still be Ooba Mahito, since Fox/Falco didn't change VAs.

Speaking of Voice Actor, I've finally find a footage of SF0 that has Japanese voice acting, and I cringed.
(The Titania part)
Fox sounded a bit strange, and is a bit more worrying than usual, at least not like the one I heard in Brawl Smash Taunts. Couldn't hear Peppy, but Falco and Slippy didn't change much (Slippy sounding more like Lucas but more feminine tbh)

So first it's the English version (SSB4) that got a weird sounding Fox, now the Japanese one? :/

I hope that was just the only cringy part, since for the parts I can only find English voices with, Fox seemed much more normal. But that part... ugh.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The ballot doesn't end until October though, it doesn't make much sense to choose the characters before that. What would happen if one of the characters shot up in votes shortly before the ballot closed?

They'll probably redo it which I don't mind much, as long as it isn't terrible I'll live with it. If they could manage to combine both voices though it'd be perfect
I actualy hope thats not the case other wise we are not gonna get K.Rool/Hopefully until 2016....

I hope we get the ballot char in october or atleast this year.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The thing with Wolf is that his voice will be tolerable either way, for me at least. With Fox, you have either a serious voice (Jim Walker's) or an almost prepubescent voice (Mike Wests'). With Falco, it is a hilariously awesome Brooklyn accent (Dex Manley's) or a rather bland voice (Mark Lund's). With Wolf, however, you either get a badass gruff voice (Jay Ward's) or a snarky british accent (Jaz Adams')

Although, I would like to see Jay Ward come back for the role.
I want his brawl voice.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I actualy hope thats not the case other wise we are not gonna get K.Rool/Hopefully until 2016....

I hope we get the ballot char in october or atleast this year.
I think they'll start working on them in October and release them every couple of months starting either at the end of 2015 or at the start of 2016. Assuming they start in October and release them in december that gives them 2 months to make the character which I think should be enough

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think they'll start working on them in October and release them every couple of months starting either at the end of 2015 or at the start of 2016. Assuming they start in October and release them in december that gives them 2 months to make the character which I think should be enough
Really?
Ow man i really cant wait for the next direct.
Hey do u wanna play?
WiiU

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Okay, update on the SF0 VA thing, on a second thought (and watching some other footage for a clearer audibility), Fox's new JP voice isn't REALLY bad, but it sure had changed.

Really wished they show some Star Wolf dogfighting scenes tho... :[ Why can't we at least have something to stare at and hype on, to kill the time until the next direct?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
WSJ: Will there be amiibo for “Star Fox Zero”?

Miyamoto: There will be one new amiibo, the character Falco. He’s part of the “Super Smash Bros.” line but also a “Star Fox” character. You’ll get something — it’s a surprise.
He didn't say "Only one new amiibo", and there's an amiibo related surprise (that isn't Falco) and I'm betting it's Wolf.

Also, it's fair to say that most of the ballot voting was done when the ballot began but dropped off in the later part of its life. Something tells me that after the initial surge and once the ballots stopped coming in, they began working on ones they see as staying in their respective positions. Sakurai can't keep the dev team around forever. I think they might have already begun work on a few ideas and sticking with ones that stay highly ranked in the ballot.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He didn't say "Only one new amiibo", and there's an amiibo related surprise (that isn't Falco) and I'm betting it's Wolf.

Also, it's fair to say that most of the ballot voting was done when the ballot began but dropped off in the later part of its life. Something tells me that after the initial surge and once the ballots stopped coming in, they began working on ones they see as staying in their respective positions. Sakurai can't keep the dev team around forever. I think they might have already begun work on a few ideas and sticking with ones that stay highly ranked in the ballot.
They could but I think there'd be enough pre-ballot stuff to keep them busy. Once that's done working on the extremely high ranked characters isn't impossible.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

think they'll get Jaz Adams in for continuity sake, and that reason only.

if they really do, I hope Adams at least tries to sounds like Wolf gives a crap.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
While I like and prefer/want the Brawl voice 100%, I probably won't have any problems if they went with the British voice.

"Probably" is the key word since there's no guarantees that I'd like it as much as I did in Star Fox 64 but chances are greater than not that I'd be okay with it.

On another note, can you imagine what Wolf's up smash would sound like with the British voice?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
While I like and prefer/want the Brawl voice 100%, I probably won't have any problems if they went with the British voice.

"Probably" is the key word since there's no guarantees that I'd like it as much as I did in Star Fox 64 but chances are greater than not that I'd be okay with it.

On another note, can you imagine what Wolf's up smash would sound like with the British voice?
RAUOOL!!!

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036

Don't you mean that ain't falco.
About the VAs, I think I prefer smash 4's falco over brawl's but it's probably because I'm used to it from 64 3d (which is the only star fox I currently own) but for some reason fox's is a lot worse than in that game. I don't really remember how wolf sounded then, so I'm not sure which one I prefer.

Top Bottom