• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
As seen in the Chronobound post from earlier, Krystal fans gave Wolf fans a lot of **** leading up to Brawl. Not saying any Krystal supporters here were involved in that, mind, but it kind of soured me on the character as a whole. And I didn't really like her to begin with.
I don't see where all the 'uniqueness' claims come from either. She had a staff for like five minutes in one game that came out 13 years ago. In both of her subsequent appearances, she was a pilot/blaster master just like everyone else. Who's to say she wouldn't just be another derivative?
That said, so long as Wolf comes back, I wouldn't complain if she came in too.
Pit uses palutena's powers. KI hasn't had a legit game in years until sakurai revived it. (yes i know about M&M). Characters still use their iconic moves from years past, hell even bowser jr. still harkens to mario sunshine thats about as old as adventures. (Yes its a final smash, but still). That "oh that moveset would be from an old game no one cares about" is a moot point, as for the uniqueness she has, ground quake, fire blast, ice shot, rocket boost etc. The moveset makes itself, throw in a bo-staff inspired A moves and its all set, you can even give her a unique shield, and if you want a gimmick she can have a magic bar.

Just like how bandanna dee moveset can easily be taken from a game moveset, that can also apply to krystal.

Anyway Chrono is notorious for not liking krystal, he throws the furry label around alot while describing us. I do not know whether he hated her because of brawl spec or not, as i was also lurking around at that time, and honestly i saw hate for R.O.B. rather then krystal vs wolf wars. But i respect the man, as I pulled for roy. But imo he also spews some hate as well, he isnt exempt either.

But this is off topic, here's hoping wolf gets in, as he deserves it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I forgot you're a stripper user, I mean, Palutena user here. No offense but I just hate her.
Might want to use more discretion there. I'm okay with it, it's your opinion, but saying something blatantly offensive and hoping "no offense" will make it better is a tad presumptuous on your part.

To tack on some more thoughts to what I said earlier:

I do think Wolf is very likely, or if nothing else, has a good shot. He has as good a shot as anyone could have, in theory. My only concern is that theory does not equate to reality. Sakurai is a mysterious man who works in enigmatic ways - I have faith that he will ultimately do what he feels is right by the roster, yet the optimism I previously had has started to waver a wee bit.

I guess it's just because we're getting close to knowing for certain how things will turn out. The marathon is always toughest just before the finish line, when you hit the proverbial wall and have to push through to get to the end.

Even so, I'm confident we will weather this storm out, come what may.

To the Wolf Pack~ :3

I don't think you're in a position to be hating on other characters. I mean, you are a rosalina player, just saying
This doesn't help. Discretion is advised here, too.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I forgot you're a stripper user, I mean, Palutena user here. No offense but I just hate her.
May I ask why?

I love Palutena as a character, as I fighter she's awful though. Seriously, why the hell does three of her default special moves do absolutely no damage while her one damaging special does very minuscule damage. It makes it to where on Roll Glory her only strategy is Auto-reticle, roll to the other side of the stage, Auto-reticle, rinse and repeat. It's so frustrating...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't think you're in a position to be hating on other characters. I mean, you are a rosalina player, just saying
If you're referring to her so-called reputation for being the most hated character in Smash or whatever, I don't give a ****.

Other than that, it's just my opinion. At least I don't hate Palutena as much as I hate Peach.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Most of us in the Krystal thread want Wolf back too, some even want her before him. Palutena and Krystal would fight nothing alike, that's like saying we don't need Ike because we have Marth despite the fact that they are 2 completely different characters.

Also, How is Palutena sexualized? In order for a character to be sexualized they must be presented as a sex object, something that really only exists to give pleasure to others, Palutena is presented as a strong figure and her appearance or mannerisms don't change that. Just cause she uses her staff in a manner in which strippers do doesn't make her sexualized
She isn't, I just wanted to get a point across she'd be similar to her. Plus, I'm in no position to be comparing them since I hate when people say Ike is a Marth clone...

I've just had some bad experiences with Krystal fanboys and that passage kinda brought back some unsavory memories. I'm sorry if I offended any of you Krystal fans.

No offense but I just hate her.
Perfectly described the case with me and Krystal. I've never liked her or her role in the games. But I'll keep that all to myself from now on. Plus, the more SF reps in Smash, the better. Even if she's my last choice for a SF character, but she's the most likely. So, when/if Wolf gets in I'll probably support her.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
May I ask why?

I love Palutena as a character, as I fighter she's awful though. Seriously, why the hell does three of her default special moves do absolutely no damage while her one damaging special does very minuscule damage. It makes it to where on Roll Glory her only strategy is Auto-reticle, roll to the other side of the stage, Auto-reticle, rinse and repeat. It's so frustrating...
I mean I liked her when I first saw her in Pit's final smash and on one of the cut scenes from the story mode in Brawl but I didn't like how she was portrayed in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Since when does a goddess act like an immature brat treating her disciples or whatever like pure garbage just to get a certain mission done? And then her inclusion in Smash would then become the turning point of my dislike for her, making her just as perky and slutty as Peach in terms of movesets and animation. If she's a goddess, then why isn't she acting like one?
She isn't, I just wanted to get a point across she'd be similar to her. Plus, I'm in no position to be comparing them since I hate when people say Ike is a Marth clone...

I've just had some bad experiences with Krystal fanboys and that passage kinda brought back some unsavory memories. I'm sorry if I offended any of you Krystal fans.

Perfectly described the case with me and Krystal. I've never liked her or her role in the games. But I'll keep that all to myself from now on. Plus, the more SF reps in Smash, the better. Even if she's my last choice for a SF character, but she's the most likely. So, when/if Wolf gets in I'll probably support her.
i don't know much about Krystal since Star Fox 64 3D was the first Star Fox game I played so it wouldn't matter to me if she makes it or not as long as Wolf is in, which I will remain hopeful.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Jesus, I left the room, came back, and there's bullet holes everywhere. We're a Wolf pack, no more firing of the shots please. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of characters, but let's try not to offend anyone here.

On the topic of Palutena, Kid Icarus did deserve another rep, and she was the perfect pick. In terms of sexualization though:

Eh, it could've been worse.​

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I mean I liked her when I first saw her in Pit's final smash and on one of the cut scenes from the story mode in Brawl but I didn't like how she was portrayed in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Since when does a goddess act like an immature brat treating her disciples or whatever like pure garbage just to get a certain mission done? And then her inclusion in Smash would then become the turning point of my dislike for her, making her just as perky and slutty as Peach in terms of movesets and animation. If she's a goddess, then why isn't she acting like one?

i don't know much about Krystal since Star Fox 64 3D was the first Star Fox game I played so it wouldn't matter to me if she makes it or not as long as Wolf is in, which I will remain hopeful.
Did you really just call peach slutty?

Sidenote, do we really have to resort to **** shaming? C'mon now. Even then Palutena is hardly slutty. And what's wrong with her being sarcastic, being in a position of power doesn't mean you have to be boring and uninteresting

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sheesh, I might as well do exactly what the birthday boy said...and I agree we are entitled to our own opinions here since I meant what I said about Palutena and Peach and my opinion won't change.

Of course, that gif @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB posted is a great example of her being a...you know what, I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Can we at least all agree that Wolf is bad*** and deserves to be in smash 4 as dlc? That's why we're here, despite our differing opinions about other characters. Oh yeah, and happy birthday @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB !

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Oh yeah, and happy birthday @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB !
Thank-you!

Sheesh, I might as well do exactly what the birthday boy said...and I agree we are entitled to our own opinions here.
I am Birthday Boy. I am law :3

Of course, that gif @ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB posted is a great example of her being a...you know what, I'll just leave it at that.
I don't really view it as slutty, personally. It's certainly a more 'adult' take on it, but it's minor sexualization compared other characters in other games.

Anyways, let's try to stay away from the sexualization of characters. So, what other characters do we all not like very much? Personally, I can't stand Shulk. It's not who he is as much as fighting him though. I main Fox, and I can't stand to fight Shulk. I hope he gets nerfed when the next balance patch rolls out, and I hope Wolf can tear him to shreds (As well as everyone else on the roster :p)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Shulk?

Nerfed?

I am unable to comprehend this request.

All I hope is that Sakurai fixes Wolf's jank side-b.

Damn thing ended up killing me more than it helped.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
[quote="SAVideos, post: 19700878", So, what other characters do we all not like very much? Personally, I can't stand Shulk. It's not who he is as much as fighting him though. I main Fox, and I can't stand to fight Shulk. I hope he gets nerfed when the next balance patch rolls out, and I hope Wolf can tear him to shreds (As well as everyone else on the roster :p)[/quote]
Coming from a Shulk main I understand where you're going with that. Heh, my friends can't stand him lol. That's because in 8 player smash sometimes all I do is backslash, counter, air slash, win.

But nerf Shulk, I don't think so :p

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Shulk? Nerfed? I am unable to comprehend this request.
I just have bad experience fighting Shulk. I think he dishes out too much knockback and his counter is ridiculous.

All I hope is that Sakurai fixes Wolf's jank side-b. Damn thing ended up killing me more than it helped.
Amen to that!

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Wolf Flash not going into a helpless state is one of the best buffs that he can get since it would help stop accidental self destructs and help his recovery.

If you ask me, the chances of it happening are around 99% if Fox and Falco's side b mean anything.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can say I don't have anything bad to say about Shulk because I like the guy. The one thing I can't stand about him is this "I'm really feeling it" meme people keep tossing around.

And I completely agree with Jestar about the Wolf Flash thing. Removing the free fall effect after using it would be the best buff for him.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
What the hell happened in here?

Wow.

This thread just got incredibly childish really fast.

I have no idea what to say. I don't even know what is going on.

I never thought I would see an argument like this happening in... the.... Smash.... fan...base..... of all...

Hey look, a pelican!

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I'm one of those players that gravitates more towards the slow heavy-hitters. As such I despise Shulk with a burning passion. He has way too much damn range and his counter is ridiculous.
Also, Little Mac. Someone that hits as hard as he does does not need so much armor. His counter is also ridiculous, and seems to activate even when my attack stops feet in front of his face.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm one of those players that gravitates more towards the slow heavy-hitters. As such I despise Shulk with a burning passion. He has way too much damn range and his counter is ridiculous.
Also, Little Mac. Someone that hits as hard as he does does not need so much armor. His counter is also ridiculous, and seems to activate even when my attack stops feet in front of his face.
Bruh, all you need to do with Little Mac is play with an air fighter.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
She does act like one though; the Greek gods were often petty and childish, turning people into monsters and such because they pissed them off. Athena turned the beautiful Medusa into a monster because Poseidon ***** her in Athena's temple. Persephone turned Minthe into a mint plant and crushed her underfoot because she tried to seduce Hades. Speaking of Hades, he and Hephaestus were the only gods that didn't go sleeping with anything that moved in their vicinity. Most of the Greek pantheon were douchebags, Palutena's characterization is spot-on.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
She does act like one though; the Greek gods were often petty and childish, turning people into monsters and such because they pissed them off. Athena turned the beautiful Medusa into a monster because Poseidon ***** her in Athena's temple. Persephone turned Minthe into a mint plant and crushed her underfoot because she tried to seduce Hades. Speaking of Hades, he and Hephaestus were the only gods that didn't go sleeping with anything that moved in their vicinity. Most of the Greek pantheon were douchebags, Palutena's characterization is spot-on.
Greek god myths...pffft.
In my eyes,Christianity is the one true religion.
DO NOT DO OFF-TOPIC ABOUT RELIGION.THAT'S THE LAST THING I WANT US TO GO TALKING ABOUT.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Greek god myths...pffft.
In my eyes,Christianity is the one true religion.
DO NOT DO OFF-TOPIC ABOUT RELIGION.THAT'S THE LAST THING I WANT US TO GO TALKING ABOUT.
Your kind of inviting that kind of debate by stating that, but, hopefully, we still can all agree not to go there.

Also, please don't mock other people's beliefs, there still are people who believe in the Greek Pantheon and Hellenism, and even if there weren't, it's not very kind to trample on the beliefs of those who lived in the past either.

Now, let's get back to a sensible topic before the thread has to be locked. What is your guys's favorite quote said by Wolf?
Mine's "What's the matter, scared?".

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Your kind of inviting that kind of debate, but, hopefully, we can all agree not to go there.

Also, please don't mock other people's beliefs, there still are people who believe in the Greek Pantheon and Hellenism, and even if there weren't, it's not very kind to trample on the beliefs of those who lived in the past either.

Now, let's get back to a sensible topic before the thread has to be locked. What is your guys's favorite quote said by Wolf?
"You're a pitiful sight, pup!"

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Your kind of inviting that kind of debate, but, hopefully, we can all agree not to go there.

I believe I already answered that question right there. My number one favorite quote from him is "Weaklings, the bunch of you!"

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Am I the only one that doesn't think Krystal would be a more unique addition to Smash than Wolf coming back. I mean, we already have an over sexualized female staff wielder. Maybe that's just me and there might be slight biased, because I strongly dislike Krystal.

I mean, I just hate those arguments about originality from Krystal fanboys. "Wolf is a clone, cut him and replace him with Krystal"
You're not alone. I've used this argument for 10+ times.

The problem is, maybe not on this community, but EVERYWHERE outside this community (EVEN THE JAPANESE!), would say "Krystal has more potential than Wolf", and talk about replacements and ****s.

Then I would answer, "If Wolf used claws in his standard attacks and you guys still call him a clone, then when Krystal uses staff, is she also a clone?" Same would happen occasionally with Slippy added to the talk (Some called Slippy a Dr Mario version of Fox, so I called Krystal a Lucina version of Fox).

As ridiculous as it sounds, I've heard people say "Krystal represents the furry fandom" already. Just wow.

Like some of you, I'm not a fan of Krystal to begin with, but when I see 99.999% people outside this community use Krystal to talk **** about Wolf, I can't resist but gradually develop hate. That said, she's like the one I would dislike most, after Ryu.

Okay, Wolf talk. No more Krystal stuff.

Since I use the Japanese version more, it'd be どうしたどうした "Toaster toaster"(Wolf's side taunt in Japanese) or 貴様を倒すのはこの俺様だ "I will be the one to take you down"

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I already moved on from that ****. I was only just stating my opinion on why I hate Palutena and Peach til someone decided to fanboy me and trying to start a pointless war. Then I found another one of those who complains about Little Mac being "overpowered" because of the super armor (shout out to all Mac users here). But that's all over and done with. I'm more focused on about Wolf 4 DLC.

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Your kind of inviting that kind of debate by stating that, but, hopefully, we still can all agree not to go there.

:wolf: -- "Don't hesitate! When the time comes, just act!"

Top Bottom