• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

I wish the Scar had a larger clip size... It's might be the smallest of all AR's :(

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
So today, I had a crazy idea. How humiliating would it be if someone ran around with a Javelin and knifed every one? And it was. I put on Marathon, Lightweight and Commando, pulled out the Javelin and knifed like crazy.

The next came more and more people used the Javelin to knife. It was lol.

EDIT:

Back on topic, what would you guys like to see on the upcoming DLC? I'd like...some better maps. And maybe a new game type. Although, some good maps would be nice.
DLC? Oh man, I've been thinking about this a lot. I'd like to see a scope, for everything, except shotguns. Like on a magnum that would be awesome. And the Dragonov, its usable in the campaign why not multiplayer? And a laser pointer/flashlight attachment. Maps. Reduced recoil attachment/perk. Camo for secondary guns. New camos. And the pistol in the museum would be cool. Also this shotgun.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Final Stand and Last Stand

Has costed me so many streaks.

I'd have about 2,000 less assists and 2,000 more kills if it didn't exist.

This game is terrible.
Last Stand is the stupidest perk EVER. Shouldn't be in the game. Can't even count how many times I lost a Last Stand kill.

I wish the Scar had a larger clip size... It's might be the smallest of all AR's :(
it'd be overpowered though, lol. It's already the top 3 ARs/guns in the game.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like the Scar that much on the PC, yet on the 360 I love it ;\. I just keep seeing the ACR used all the time though.

Last Stand pisses me off, just because I have to waste time finishing off the person, or someone else picks off the person.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'd work on accuracy then. You must miss a lot of shots if you complain about something like that.
HEY! stfu :] It's just, I'd either have to use Scavenger or Bling. Scav. is alright, but I love marathon with all my heart...

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Sleight of Hand is my love.

I just use Bling for experience points, and scavenger for when I feel like blowing everything up. Had an amazingly fun Headquarters match where everyone was using tubes and rockets.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Most perks I use...

1st Tier: Marathon/Scav/SoH
2nd Tier: Cold-Blooded/Stopping Power
3rd Tier: Ninja/Commando/Steady Aim (:()

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I use Scavenger, Stopping Power, and Ninja.

Sleight of Hand, SP, and Steady Aim if it's a sniper.

Commando is awful and Cold Blooded is... decent.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Marathon is amazing, being able to sprint nonstop. Commando is only good because of the Zero fall damage. And Cold Blooded helps a lot, if you're playing Search/Big team games. Invisible to Air Support+UAV=<3

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I use Scavenger, Stopping Power, and Ninja.

Sleight of Hand, SP, and Steady Aim if it's a sniper.

Commando is awful and Cold Blooded is... decent.
Omg I agree with everything ya said.

But Commando is pretty decent in Quarry.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll use Marathon if I'm playing for the objective. If it's TDM or Domination, I'll just go for kills. SnD, Demolition, Sabotage, and CTF, I like to play the role of rusher. My friends like to invite me to play Hardcore Search or boost, so I'm usually with them most of the time. I got a triple kill with a Striker on Favela in HC SnD a few days ago and decided I really enjoy it. I would've died plenty of times if I had Commando. It just isn't a reliable perk and gets outclassed by Ninja. I've had some recent hate mail from people that try to knife me and can't do it because I dropshot and they miss their lunge. But hey, I play on Tactical and never knife, so I'm not sure why people even use it.

That's just me, though.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Marathon is amazing, being able to sprint nonstop. Commando is only good because of the Zero fall damage. And Cold Blooded helps a lot, if you're playing Search/Big team games. Invisible to Air Support+UAV=<3
And a class with Cold-Blooded + launcher like a stinger, makes you a well hated player by the enemy team.

I have a specific class meant for dropping enemy Air Support.

SCAR silence
STINGER
Perks - Scavanger pro, Cold Blooded Pro, Ninja Pro

I'm not seen, I'm not heard. I can refuel from nearby corpses as well as the enemies I may kill due to their awareness being **** and my team can always count on me taking down the enemy Air Support. I almost gained a chopper gunner with this campy *** class several times.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Cold Blooded on a silenced SCAR?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey that's my choice.

It's not like I laugh at your choice to use OMA and grenade launchers.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's not like that's a setup that I endorse. In my experience, silenced SCAR with Cold Blooded takes a few weeks to kill someone and I really dislike it.

If it works for you, that's great. Teach me.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You talk as if it's something not suited for the battlefield.

Well, after so much time with it, this is a class that works extremely well, especially in maps like Afgan, Wasteland, Derail, Sub Base, Estate, etc. open maps.

One must play a creative camping game. Actively moving to new spots. Thinking of where the enemies may go (and with enough time, the usual spots become known) You know how that works. The class just requires a different way to play the game. And besides, Scar is already stupid accurate, so Silence only drops it by so much. As long as you get the first shot it, and by that I mean drop shot, you good.

It's a matter of preference. You don't like it, I can't teach you. Actually, I can't teach anything anyway. <_>

S

smash brawl player 99021

I agree with you all the way, Zio. That's basically how I play when I'm using it. I try to anticipate their paths and pick them off then. And with the Stinger on there (Or Javelin) you can take down any Air Support in your way. Its like a mix of a Anti-Air and Ninja. And it's suitable for camping, considering the SLOW reload and low magazines.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd also recommend hardline on the SCAR-H because you don't really need SP and it makes getting your killstreaks much, much easier.

Also:

CVG: Call Of Duty 7 Set in Vietnam + More...

A Hollywood casting call seems to have outed details about Call Of Duty 7 - revealing names of characters and news of the title's Vietnam setting.

The ad mentions a Call of Duty-related "voice over/motion capture" for an Activision "video game" - and describes lead character Frank Barnes as being part of an elite Vietnam unit.

VG247 reports that Barnes is part of an elite Vietnam unit: the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam - Studies and Observations Group (SOG).

SOG was a real-life special operations unit which conducted covert unconventional warfare operations prior to and during the Vietnam War.

Barnes is described as "a fiercely patriotic veteran of WW2... A solid leader, possessed with an excellent ability to assess and respond to any situation quickly and decisively".

Other characters include Joseph Lewis, a "very physically fit" black man in his 20s; Jason Hudson, a white man in his 30s with "over 15 years of military experience, making him an excellent tactician and mission co-coordinator"; and Kristina Ivanova, a Russian-born martial arts expert and CIA operative who's "calm to the point of being cold and detached".

CVG reported earlier this year that the Call Of Duty 7 release date is coming this November.

Activision subsequently confirmed the game - but said that it confirmed the gamedoesn't expect it to sell as well as Modern Warfare 2.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235905

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'll probably pick it up. As long as it doesn't have the ****load of glitches that MW2 has/had. As much as I enjoy the game, the amount of glitches that people have found is insane.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Got my first Collateral today. .50Cal<3 And no bashing, (:mad:) I'm not good, and it's mainly luck.

M4A1 with Silencer omgggggggggg

S

smash brawl player 99021

It helps a massive amount. In normal matches, if I'm in a campy mood, they'll have a good bit of trouble finding me. It makes me less noticable, and keeps me off radar. And... it may just be me, but the M4A1 sounds sooooooooo nice silenced. And, the Silenced UMP is the ONLY way to go if I'm playing Search.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Silencer is the best attachment in the game.

Cold Blooded on a silenced SCAR?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I got a nuke using silenced SCAR and cold-blooded. learn 2 aim

SCAR-H is one of the most accurate guns in the game, you're going to be dropping enemies left and right no matter what you use with this gun.

I also agree with the anti-air support class, I carry a stinger on 9/10 of my classes :) i even have a Stinger on my sniper class. i'm that **** good.

i'm very much looking forward to CoD7. i'm a bit disappointed with MW2 to be honest lol

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love Silencers. The only thing I don't normally put them on are shotguns and LMGs. For now, I don't have one on my Sniper either, though once I get to the M21 I probably will be using one.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unless it's called an M21, a silencer on a sniper ruins its killing power. Most people after the first sniper shot, in my cases, run. I am not a good sniper, so there's many a time I don't kill with my second shot. It's annoying, but dealt with it my not including Silencer to my snipers. I chose few maps to snipe on, anyway, my favorite being Wasteland starting that match by flags B/C. I go straight to that hill and go prone by a specific tree. I pick off so many people, and the added foliage makes it **** near impossible for the enemy to see me. There were times I had the enemy all around me, and I escaped after a few knives from wandering enemies close by. ;)

S

smash brawl player 99021

I love Silencers. The only thing I don't normally put them on are shotguns and LMGs. For now, I don't have one on my Sniper either, though once I get to the M21 I probably will be using one.
Thank you, good sir. I couldn't agree more.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Right now,

.50 Cal with USP@Tact. Knife, Claymore, SP, Ninja
Silenced ACR, Akimbo USP's, claymore, cold blooded, ninja.
Silenced Carbine, same as ACR
Silenced SCAR, same as ACR
Riot Shield (for teh lulz)
Silenced UMP, same as ACR

Top Bottom