• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I hear this a lot but I don't understand. Would it be just like spamming grab?
Well you can make them pretty dumb if you try because Falcon shuts down Falcon's approaches pretty hard with DD grab and pivot Nair

Especially when you figure out that doing your Nair 2nd almost always kicks them in the junk when they go for a Nair ...

Iono doesn't seem as fun as like ... beating up on Foxes or something haha

odinNJ

Smash Lord
falcon dittos are fun if its not all techchasing and utilts, the stupidest edgeguarder ever, it shouldnt work but it russles me so hard

Walt

Smash Ace
s2j: bob$ says he'll beat you next time and "I had it! I ****ing had it then I bobacked!"

roughly paraphrased from the last 2 days.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Man, that Bob$ vs S2J set was the most hype thing at that tourney, in my eyes. Then he SD'd. I raged at my computer screen.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i can't tell if falcon's uptilt hits below the stage or not because the animation is weird. As he is finishing the move, the foot falcon is standing on ends up moving upwards in the animation...wth..does falcon levitate at the end of the move? is he just that baller?

taylosun

Smash Cadet
When would someone use shield drop? I don't really see all too many spots where it would be the safest option. Shield drop uair?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shield dropping gets you out of any pressure situation involving someone jumping above you when you're above a platform

Also gets you punishes when they think you can't retaliate while you're shielding on a platform (i.e. Marth uptilting you on a platform goes from :sadeyes: to :demon:)

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
So true and once again Falcon absolutely 100% no denying needs this **** ESPECIALLY NOW since its still a new-ish technique and people dont have set punishes for it besides just reacting. Basically its a sick technique thats still unexpected. DONT YOU WANNA BE UNEXPECTED!?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's not even new Shai Hulud(sp?) made a youtube video of it a while back
People are just mad lazy

It's also funny because the controller also determines how easy it is for you to shield drop if you do it by rolling one notch down because on some controllers you can roll it one way and it'll work but not the other, some controllers let you do both ways, and then some controllers ... let you do neither =_=

Probably the reason why I can only shield drop going to the left

Also the thing is once you know about shield dropping and are on the lookout, it's actually not too difficult to bait
Or at the very least, not run into the obvious shield drop setups <_<

S l o X

Smash Champion
mass madness on saturday. like seven recording setups @ one tournament. livestream looking like it will be happening.

ft. slox, m2k, hax, moose and kdj.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm saying platform camping is dumb in general ~_~ if you wanted to do that you'd play Fox or something

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well what about general maneuvering around platforms, say if you want to avoid Falco lasers or something? (though generally, Falcon probably doesn't want to be above people)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hmm, i shield dropped about 9 times in real matches lately, but I only got out like 2-3 times. I also shield dropped between marth's uptilt in one match but got caught by the next one. Is there guaranteed to be enough lag to get in even if the marth uses the IASA frames on his uptilt?

worse yet, dropping through a platform with shield drop against marth often gives him an inside uptilt as opposed to tipping it...so it can combo you perfectly:\

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah you just have to be mad good at shield dropping
Even if you're 100% only going left while angling your shield or something, it's way better than like ... 75% from anywhere

I pulled a sick shield drop Bair -> Dair as Falco on Bones's Marth ... but then I got too hyped and forgot to jump back haha

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium

Second match was just zero to deaths, back to back....what the hell am I watching...

taylosun

Smash Cadet
When was the last time a Falcon ditto happened in a big tournament bracket anyway? It seems like the only active top level Falcons are S2J and kind of Hax.

Top Bottom