• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

S l o X

Smash Champion
I just like to go for the utmost in friendlies and go for the classic grab. No one expects it so it's a free dropzone but it's dumb to do if you aren't amazing at this game. (;

In tournament, I just bair. Hard to mess up a nice bair.

edit: how do people feel about falcon + falco team?

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
edit: how do people feel about falcon + falco team?

From my experience, its hard to win when you can both get ****ed off the stage. This also makes saving your partner hella riskier, which also sucks.
if you're both good at the game it can work though lol

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
what do you guys think of first hit of nair > grab uthrow/dthrow > first hit of nair > repeat?

im thinking specifically on marth but maybe other chars like peach
uthrow at lower percents above the 30 threshold and dthrow at later percents
seems pretty **** but maybe it's easy to di out of so i wanted to ask on here

ss kind of does it here but with dair > unteched ground bounce > nair > grab/uthrow

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YoADn2_CHo#t=3m38s

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
it's pretty good in falcon dittoes though (there's some sort of code of honor where falcons agree subconciously to not use this move in dittos cuz it's very gay)
I used to use it ALL THE TIME in this matchup, but now I figure I can just knee them, so why bother with up tilt...

edit: or bair at that

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
what do you guys think of first hit of nair > grab uthrow/dthrow > first hit of nair > repeat?

im thinking specifically on marth but maybe other chars like peach
uthrow at lower percents above the 30 threshold and dthrow at later percents
seems pretty **** but maybe it's easy to di out of so i wanted to ask on here

ss kind of does it here but with dair > unteched ground bounce > nair > grab/uthrow

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YoADn2_CHo#t=3m38s
don't see how this chain works w/o shaky di. nair reset prob has some utility, i've seen scar do it as well

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
don't see how this hain w/o shaky di. nair reset prob has some utility, i've seen scar do it as well
i thought nair was too strong for resets... hmmm sounds cool though if it works

i feel like first hit of nair is really underrated in general and im trying to think of more ways to use it, right now it seems like its mostly gimmicks (quick nair on shield to grab)but i thought it could potentially be really solid and consistently useful

D

Deleted member

stomp --> full hop stomp --> first-hit air will either pop them up or reset

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Having some trouble edge guarding fox Up-b. When I knee I always like get a trade and if he's at low % he recovers. Or I just miss and get hit. I try bair but I still trade a lot.

D

Deleted member

my solution to fixing my edgegaurding vs fox is to predict more rather than react to the situation

im honestly still kinda bad but no longer legendary can't edgeguard for my life status

Morin0

Smash Lord
Having some trouble edge guarding fox Up-b. When I knee I always like get a trade and if he's at low % he recovers. Or I just miss and get hit. I try bair but I still trade a lot.
Disclaimer: n00b advice; consider with caution

U-air? I think this is a matter of just timing your attacks when Fox's up+b reaches its peak and does nothing to you.

Windrose

Smash Lord
my solution to fixing my edgegaurding vs fox is to predict more rather than react to the situation

im honestly still kinda bad but no longer legendary can't edgeguard for my life status
I think for the most part this is true. When fox is recovering, he has many options and sometimes you just have to predict,

when he's below the stage level however (or further away), his options are much more limited and then you can start going through a flow chart of something like the following:

-ledge grab invincible double jump stomp onto stage
-keep stomping or if possible back air them when they tech the stomp/meteor cancel to up-b again
-grab edge roll

something along those lines....

of course better people will tech the stomp and just side b afterwards instead of up b imo.....but not many people do that for some reason i dunno why... :S

(ie. see s2j vs westballz....he never did that once he just kept up-b'ing so s2j just stomp that bird's @$$, rince and repeat)

S l o X

Smash Champion
all i do to edgeguard fox is either bair or dair. (post-upb) if they are really in position for you to lower them by hitting them with a nair then go for it, otherwise cover low recoveries with dair and horizontal recoveries with bair guesses.

Hax

Smash Champion
s2j you're getting a little too optimistic if you think sheik-falcon is even

D

Deleted member

i havent said shiek vs falcon was even for a while

at absolute ****** ry levels i'd say shiek wins

but i do think that most shieks SUK and that makes the matchup pretty winnable

Windrose

Smash Lord
It seems like vs falcon is one of those matchups that most sheiks don't know very well.

Most people tend to focus on matchups that are difficult for their characters. This is probably why all top falcons atm suck vs peach even though the matchup is in falcon's favor.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Not by much though, Peach does have some very good setups on Falcon. Matchup numbers are overrated, it's always hard to win vs strong players anyhow.

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
peach is easy as **** if shes in the air then nair or uair and if shes on the ground grab that ***** for free combos. The hard part is keeping her from getting back on the stage

Be super wary of when you shield, you should make it a point in this matchup to not shield at all if you can get away with it IMO. If she gets you in your shield theres no hope for escape you're gonna get poked by something god forbid a ****ing dsmash or get grabbed or get your shield broken.

Windrose

Smash Lord
How to get that grab? Peach can keep falcon dash dance out with spaced fc aerials, dash attack when falcon jumps. I find myself needing to play just as patiently vs peach as vs marth or sheik... Trying super hard to bait out dash attacks with dd and spam up airs to space against her...

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
of course better people will tech the stomp and just side b afterwards instead of up b imo.....but not many people do that for some reason i dunno why... :S

(ie. see s2j vs westballz....he never did that once he just kept up-b'ing so s2j just stomp that bird's @$$, rince and repeat)
It's not 100% reliable. Falcon's stomp hits way below the ledge, so there's a good chance that even if you tech the stomp and immediately side-B, Fox will be too low to grab the ledge.

Windrose

Smash Lord
There are two types of tech though. They can do the one with wall jump to give additional height.

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
How to get that grab? Peach can keep falcon dash dance out with spaced fc aerials, dash attack when falcon jumps. I find myself needing to play just as patiently vs peach as vs marth or sheik... Trying super hard to bait out dash attacks with dd and spam up airs to space against her...

Many ways to get the grab. Grab her when you think shes going to pull out a turnip, bc if shes not pulling any then you will probably win the match. Bait a dsmash and grab that. If you space with nairs it could draw her in for a crouch cancel and thats when you could grab.
I guess I'm just saying you're going to have to bait her since Peach is only reacting to you most of the time, so you have the advantage in that aspect.

S l o X

Smash Champion
i play vs peach based mostly on reaction. what can they do besides approach? sh uair > float. falcons fast enough that he shouldn't be getting hit with dash attack. (lolshield) she shouldn't be within range to nair you and fair is kind of weird, you just have to bait it out if they are fair happy. dsmash is imo least of your problems besides after they hit your shield with fair (why you shielding that move?)

idk just play it enough and you'll **** peach every time.

Walt

Smash Ace
I've been getting hella beat up by peach lately. I need to stay on the ground more since I generally jump too much, stay out of shield, go for more grabs and 3xroll away is super hard for peach to deal with actually.

**** dash attack and nair

Walt

Smash Ace
We were super even for a while but he has been winning the majority of our sessions lately. I just gotta turn the Falcon up.

Top Bottom