• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Really? Then, in that case, we could potentially see it for the IC's.
Ya, I found the info. from Gamexplain's latest Smash update. Kudos to them, great videos. Though if we did get a 8-bit Ice Climbers alt., would they include an 8-bit stage for them, like the one they had in Melee only...8-bit? Even if they don't get an 8-bit alt., it would still be a neat stage to have.

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
What if Nana and Popo became separate characters and became semi clones of each other like Mario and Luigi
Doubt it, spilt them up and make them alt costumes like Olimar and Alph, maybe, but not separate characters. That would be an even bigger waste of space than Park Pit

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
I would love if you start playing as Popo and if you die, you come back as Nana

PD: I don't think ANYTHING would be worse than :4marth:+:4robinf: or :4pit:+:gw:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I don't like to be the party pooper, but I highly doubt the ice climbers will return at this point unless DLC happens. It kind of pains me to see all these posts predicting new features for them when it doesn't look like they will come back.

I could be wrong though I suppose.

Last edited:

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
I don't like to be the party pooper, but I highly doubt the ice climbers will return at this point unless DLC happens. It kind of pains me to see all these posts predicting new features for them when it doesn't look like they will come back.

Ok, but we keep the faith they are more important than a black pit :3

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786

Cool sign, but Dr Mario's artworkn is totally out of place lol

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Thanks bud, and yeah I know, but it would look even more out of place if I used his melee artwork.

I'm not really a fan of Dark Pit, i'd rather have Ice Climbers than him, I just think his artwork is badass.
Yeah i wanted him to be a skin, I like him but i think Kid icarus is overated and dont need 3 reps

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yeah i wanted him to be a skin, I like him but i think Kid icarus is overated and dont need 3 reps
Kid Icarus isn't overrated.

Sakurai has a thing called bias.

Sorry to bring such a filthy term to Smashboards, but it's true.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
Dark pit as a third kid icarus rep just doesn't make sense.
I think Medusa should've been the third considering she is the third most important character from the series.
Now kid icarus also has as many reps as kirby and more reps than metroid, DK and starfox (if ridley, dixie, k. rool or wolf aren't in).
But enough about Dark Pit.
What kind of changes do you think IC will get when they are in.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but he is leaving the kirby franchise on three reps even though it's the fourth most important nintendo franchise.
Yeah. As much as I love Kirby characters like Knuckle Joe (despite being an Assist Trophy already), it's best that the Kirby series is left at three reps.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yeah, but he is leaving the kirby franchise on three reps even though it's the fourth most important nintendo franchise.
Because Sakurai left the Kirby franchise when he formed Sora Ltd, he really doesn't care about Kirby that much anymore.

I'm sure the IC's are back in the initial roster. We just have to wait and see.
Wishful thinking, i'm sorry.

Last edited:

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
Because Sakurai left the Kirby franchise when he formed Sora Ltd, he really doesn't care about Kirby that much anymore.
So he cares more about mario, LoZ, pokemon and fire emblem than a franchise he created in the first place.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
We need a thread to gather all the tears from Ice Climbers and Mother fans. (especially Lucas.)

Prepare your buckets.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I honestly feel you guys are going to be disappointed. I loved the Ice Climbers but I already accepted that they're gone.

The only vet left with a chance in my book is Mewtwo.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

The entire point of this thread is to keep our hopes up for the ICies. If you don't have anything to support us, tell us your opinion, then leave the thread as you'll probably get hate comments about your opinion. I'm trying to put this is the nicest possible way.

But to everyone who believes in this leak and is just accepting Wolf, Lucas, and ICies as cut...you guys do realize that the SAME LEAK also posted pictures of All-Star Mode being LOCKED, therefore meaning there are still some late unlocks in the roster that the leaker didn't get. And for all we know, those characters could be ICies, Wolf, and Lucas. And this is only SUPPOSING the leak is real. Yes, the Japanese Demo CSS looked pretty much the same as does Shulk's artwork and a ton of other things, but there are still some unanswered questions that with the right answers could prove this leak to be false.

Please don't go hating on me for stating my opinion on this leak, but back to the ICies. I don't think splitting them up as two separate characters and/or dying as Popo coming back as Nana would be something Nintendo would do. Though both are ways to keep both Popo and Nana in the game, splitting them is taking away their most unique quality. Also, Sakurai stated he had troubles putting THEM in the game as ONE character. Therefore meaning that he was trying to implement both of them into the same character and did not intend to split them up in the first place. Could this have changed? Yes. Is it more likely then trying harder to get them both in the game as one character? No. (This entire time that I've been using "one character" I mean both ICies).

Laniv

Smash Champion
Watch Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake be part of the "Final Five".

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
The entire point of this thread is to keep our hopes up for the ICies. If you don't have anything to support us, tell us your opinion, then leave the thread as you'll probably get hate comments about your opinion. I'm trying to put this is the nicest possible way.

But to everyone who believes in this leak and is just accepting Wolf, Lucas, and ICies as cut...you guys do realize that the SAME LEAK also posted pictures of All-Star Mode being LOCKED, therefore meaning there are still some late unlocks in the roster that the leaker didn't get. And for all we know, those characters could be ICies, Wolf, and Lucas. And this is only SUPPOSING the leak is real. Yes, the Japanese Demo CSS looked pretty much the same as does Shulk's artwork and a ton of other things, but there are still some unanswered questions that with the right answers could prove this leak to be false.

Please don't go hating on me for stating my opinion on this leak, but back to the ICies. I don't think splitting them up as two separate characters and/or dying as Popo coming back as Nana would be something Nintendo would do. Though both are ways to keep both Popo and Nana in the game, splitting them is taking away their most unique quality. Also, Sakurai stated he had troubles putting THEM in the game as ONE character. Therefore meaning that he was trying to implement both of them into the same character and did not intend to split them up in the first place. Could this have changed? Yes. Is it more likely then trying harder to get them both in the game as one character? No. (This entire time that I've been using "one character" I mean both ICies).
I have my fingers crossed for the IC's.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Watch Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake be part of the "Final Five".
ICies, Wolf, and Lucas are likely. Snake's chances are low, but it's still very possible he could be in the game. If they were to be part of a "Final 5", who would the last member be?

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
ICies, Wolf, and Lucas are likely. Snake's chances are low, but it's still very possible he could be in the game. If they were to be part of a "Final 5", who would the last member be?
I agree with ya on IC's, Wolf, and Lucas. I'm not sure who the other ones could be. We'll have to wait and see.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Mewtwo easily, he & the Ice climbers are the most likely unrevealed vets

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
...but there are still some unanswered questions that with the right answers could prove this leak to be false.
Which it isn't.
Too much evidence, and zero evidence of it being false, plus things in the leak confirmed in official posts, including screen designs, and the order of characters in the officially shown CSS.

Now, there is no reason to believe the leak is false because some characters are not in, because the leak never stated that the characters were cut. The DLC was made up by the 4chan user, and the cuts, being text, could have been made up, also. Everything else was from the original guy who got the information. (Except for that picture with the "?" over Mewtwo, of course, as although it's possible the original guy made that as a list of characters, the 4chan guy could have done that, also. Too easy.)

I believe the Ice Climbers will return, and I will be disappointed if they actually are cut, but I'll still enjoy the game.

That Polar Bear better be there to say "No worries, ICies fans. I knocked them off the mountain and down onto the Smash stage!"
And then Ice Climber leaks shall leak from the heavens ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom