• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

D

Deleted member

Apparently, Wolf is out . People say Fox got his color scheme as a costume

That's one challenger out of the way

Last edited by a moderator:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I am not a Wolf fan, but I don't trust the source. Correct me if I am wrong, but the same thread said that Chrom actually replaces Lucina in the final build, which I think would be weird because they would be gradually gathering a fanbase since announcement.

If this is real, I really hope characters like ROB, Icies, and Wario get in. It would be a shame for these to go, just for the diversity that would be lost.

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Apparently, Wolf is out . People say Fox got his color scheme as a costume

That's one challenger out of the way
I still don't count it as a complete deconfirmation, Mario having a Wario costume never stopped Wario from joining Smash.

I think Fox just got a Wolf costume because this game has 8 costumes for each character, and it seemed like a good idea for Fox. Wolf could easily still be in, and have a costume resembling Fox.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Ok so 5 more PoTD before the game comes out in Japan.
Sakurai should reveal a veteran on Monday (or through the week), hopefuly its the ICs.
But I have a feeling its going to be Wario or Falco (or a veteran already confirmed in by the leak).

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Ok so 5 more PoTD before the game comes out in Japan.
Sakurai should reveal a veteran on Monday (or through the week), hopefuly its the ICs.
But I have a feeling its going to be Wario or Falco (or a veteran already confirmed in by the leak).
I swear it better be the IC'S. I'm gonna have a panic attack if they don't get revealed.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
If the Ice Climbers don't make the final cut (which is probably what will happen), don't expect them to be DLC. The reason they got cut is special. The 3DS engine just couldn't handle them, so they had to cut them out, no amount of DLC will make the 3DS suddenly be capable of running them. Sorry IC fans, if the Ice Climbers, looks like you'll have to wait until the next smash game to play as them.

Look on the bright side though, at least you won't have to hear about people complaining about their stupid chain grab.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
If the Ice Climbers don't make the final cut (which is probably what will happen), don't expect them to be DLC. The reason they got cut is special. The 3DS engine just couldn't handle them, so they had to cut them out, no amount of DLC will make the 3DS suddenly be capable of running them. Sorry IC fans, if the Ice Climbers, looks like you'll have to wait until the next smash game to play as them.

Look on the bright side though, at least you won't have to hear about people complaining about their stupid chain grab.
OMG, stop with this. Also, DLC is most likely gonna be on the Wii U version.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

See, here's the thing--we can't be too sure about the 3DS not handling the Ice Climbers even if we take Sakurai's word for it because the 3DS is essentially a slightly more powerful Wii, which ran 4 Ice Climbers just fine onscreen in Brawl.

So I'm taking the "Icies aren't possible on 3DS" excuse with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
See, here's the thing--we can't be too sure about the 3DS not handling the Ice Climbers even if we take Sakurai's word for it because the 3DS is essentialy a slightly more powerful Wii, which ran 4 Ice Climbers just fine onscreen in Brawl.

So I'm taking the "Icies aren't posible on 3DS" excuse with a grain of salt.
Agreed. I'm sick of all that BS.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Ñam, Srsly, my mains I feel like unpopular I love Ness, IC, Lucas and wolf and ... hahaha ... This is not good for me.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I hate highly dislike people who want chorus kids in and say the 3ds engine can't handle ice climbers. I despise highly dislike people who want chorus kids in OVER ice climbers.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
So was Mewtwo and Snake. And look what happened to them. If it weren't for the 3DS version, I'm sure they would be back but it held them back and now they're gone.
They were in 2 games (snake and Mewtwo only), IC are from an unique saga, mewtwo is from Pokemon and he was removed by Lucario, Snake is a 3 party and his inclusion depends by his company.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
They were in 2 games (snake and Mewtwo only), IC are from an unique saga, mewtwo is from Pokemon and he was removed by Lucario, Snake is a 3 party and his inclusion depends by his company.
Yeah they were in two games. And they probably would have been back if not for the limitations of the 3DS version.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Yeah they were in two games. And they probably would have been back if not for the limitations of the 3DS version.
I think their chance is 50/50, in one way sakurai resolved the problem and put them as hidden characters, because at least there is a beta of them if sakurai tried to put them and noticed the problem (There were a delay, isnt there?) , in other way they are just beta charas. (sorry for my english)

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I think their chance is 50/50, in one way sakurai resolved the problem and put them as hidden characters, because at least there is a beta of them if sakurai tried to put them and noticed the problem (There were a delay, isnt there?) , in other way they are just beta charas. (sorry for my english)
Chances are, the IC's are hidden this time around.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Mewtwo was intended for all three games and Lucario did not replace him. Looking into Brawl's files show that Mewtwo was intended to appear alongside Lucario and the other pokemon.

D

Deleted member

No one but the brawl developers know if Mewtwo was just removed for time constraints, or because having more representives of Pokemon than of their flagship series would be just silly

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
No one but the brawl developers know if Mewtwo was just removed for time constraints, or because having more representives of Pokemon than of their flagship series would be just silly
They already did. Brawl has six pokemon and four Mario characters.

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet

The 3DS can handle 60-30 fps.
The 3DS can handle Rosalina and Luma.
The 3DS can handle a City-Trial like gamemode.
The 3DS can handle Multi-Man Smash (6 Players fighting in 1 screen)

Explain this sh[whoops]t

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
The leaked CSS is confirmed to be incomplete again. Before, we saw that All Star Mode was locked, meaning not every character was available yet, but we didn't know if that pic was taken the same time as the CSS' pic. But now we have confirmation from Neo Zero.

You still have hope, Ice Climbers fans. Rejoice!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Who is Neo Zero?
The guy or girl or whoever that moderated the Smash 4 Leaks group here on Smashboards. Neo Zero was one of the people who were holding onto the information that led to the Ninka / Vaanrose leak (i.e. the CSS leak) before showing it to the public with confidence that it was correct. Neo Zero has now confirmed that the CSS is incomplete, and I have no reason to distrust that.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Well, if the Gematsu leak is still correct, then I see no excuse for IC's being cut since the chorus men would be in, and why the 3DS couldn't stand 8 IC's playing at once if it can stand a whole wave of enemies in smash run?

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Well, if the Gematsu leak is still correct, then I see no excuse for IC's being cut since the chorus men would be in, and why the 3DS couldn't stand 8 IC's playing at once if it can stand a whole wave of enemies in smash run?
The enemies in smash run are probably only rendered a 30 fps, and may have simpler models. The Icies, however would have to be rendered in HD at 60 fps with eight of them. However, If fps is not a problem, then you suddenly have a valid point.

We only have to wait a week, and well know who's in and who's out. Possibly sooner if Zipzo unlocks the entire game(And chooses to share it with us).

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
The enemies in smash run are probably only rendered a 30 fps, and may have simpler models. The Icies, however would have to be rendered in HD at 60 fps with eight of them. However, If fps is not a problem, then you suddenly have a valid point.

We only have to wait a week, and well know who's in and who's out. Possibly sooner if Zipzo unlocks the entire game(And chooses to share it with us).
Zipzo is playing a demo.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman

The IC's are definitely back. I can tell.

Dave Stevenson

Smash Rookie
I really want it to be next week so I will finally know the fate of IC's. I am really hoping they are in because they were my secondary main since Melee, and I will miss hearing that victory theme.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I really want it to be next week so I will finally know the fate of IC's. I am really hoping they are in because they were my secondary main since Melee, and I will miss hearing that victory theme.
We have until Saturday to find out. The IC's are probably secret characters this time around.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Srry Chrom

But there's no way to know if Zipzo has unlocked all the characters, remember that there's no history mode and all stars is playable from the beggining...

Top Bottom