• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'll report you.
I'm not doing anything wrong? I don't understand what you are reporting me for. Like I said, i'd like to leave in peace, but your remarks make me want to make remarks.

In fact, anything to be reported for is offtopicness, so i'd like to leave in peace.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright break it up and get back on topic.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Calm down you two.

I'm not a mod but remember, the leaked roster wasn't complete. It may be true but that doesn't mean the Icies are gone, they could be one of the last 5 slots.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
I'll be really disappointed if they're cut, because they were my mains in brawl and melee and I already lost mewtwo as my secondary.
They're also really unique characters, I think they're even more unique than any of the other unrevealed veterans.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
They have to be in the game, Im Dying and アイスクライマー (ice climber) on twitter is popular, many japanese are asking if they ar in the game

Dave Stevenson

Smash Rookie
Guys, someone got the game, and is slowly unlocking all the characters. At the moment, IC's have not been unlocked

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
The Polar Bear were spotted in Gema's stream, they're still Smash Run enemies.

But yeah, so far no one has unlocked Ice Climbers. Or any other character that wasn't in the leak.

Sigh.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
It's possible that some characters were developed strictly as DLC to be released for free later down the line. Maybe Sakurai learned from the Brawl roster debacle.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Looks like Ice Climbers aren't in, or at least yet.

You guys have more of a chance of getting them as DLC than Lucas, Lucas had his specials given to Ness, PK Freeze and whatnot.

I think the leaked roster might be full, in which case leaves room for DLC... maybe.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Uh, could someone tell me if Mii-Fighters take up a character slot... I'm curious.

...OH! Right! My signature gif in these situations:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Lucas and Wolf deconfirmed today.

Ivy and Squirtle back in April.

And Snake has faded away from hope bit by bit. Not that I wanted him to return, personally.

My hope remains for Icies.

I got my unholy trinity of mains back.

Now give me the double trouble tag team!

Edit:
Uh, could someone tell me if Mii-Fighters take up a character slot... I'm curious.

...OH! Right! My signature gif in these situations:
Yes. So after ROB and Bowser Jr. are gotten on Gema's stream, we're gonna have the ESRB leak + Mii Fighters, leaving 4 possible slots.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
I knew this would happen when I saw the 30 FPS assist trophies for 3DS in the direct, thrn Olimar's Pikmin numbers were cut in both versions for character roster parity.

Polar Bear trophy appears in "Other."

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Is the roster really complete? The roster's complete without Ice Climbers?

Darn, this is the most disappointing cut of all. It sucks for me that Wolf as well is cut (him and Ice Climbers being two of my mains), but the Ice Climbers being cut will be the first whole Nintendo series playable representation to be removed and that... that's just dreadful.

I didn't believe 3DS limitations prevented their inclusion given the addition of Rosalina & Luma, but if 3DS limitations were the case for the removal of Ice Climbers, then they really shouldn't have gone ahead with making a 3DS version.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
where is this finished roster everyone is talking about? looks the same as the leak to me, and we already know the leak was missing between 1 and 4 characters

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, Ice Climbers are suitable for fighting than DHD, so guys, face it, this roster is terrible at the end.
And as a Taiwanese I here to apologize for the leak. I will get the game on Friday here in Taiwan.

Raijinken

Smash Master
As much as I hate cutting anyone ever, and like them as characters, from a balance perspective I say good riddance. I'll miss them, but no more than I'll miss Lucas or Snake (less than both of those, in fact). I also don't blame the 3DS, if they really wanted the ICs to remain despite hardware they could have made Popo playable and Nana a clone. No major harm done, they just decided to cut them.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Salty... very very salty...
Honestly though, the roster is actually pretty good, abeit minus the butthurt inflicted by cuts.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
it sucks to lose a character sure but if they could not make it work it just wasnt gonna happen, maybe in the next one they will come back

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I feel like they should of just waited for the N3ds since it'll be able to handle them, like i wouldn't mind waiting a extra bit for the 3ds version if it meant it wouldn't hold back the wii u version roster like in the case.

Ohwell maybe they're just dlc and they figured it out? or maybe it could be exclusive free n3ds dlc later down the road and the wii u version could come packed with them? I just really hope such a unique character doesnt miss out on whats looking to be my favorite entry in the series.

Top Bottom