• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
just based off what they saw and speculation
so they based it of the fact they weren't on the roster? That would mean mewtwo is gone too.
I know the new leaks say mewtwo,ridley,dixie,impa,and mach.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
so they based it of the fact they weren't on the roster? That would mean mewtwo is gone too.
I know the new leaks say mewtwo,ridley,dixie,impa,and mach.
there are a TON of diffrent leaks popping up because of the main one, that is one of them that means nothing.
basically there are a lot of diffrent rumors now because of this another one is that all the vets (the 4 i listed) plus chorus men will show up as DLC but nither of these where posted by the same person as the main leak so they should be ignored

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Pay Attention To This
i.imgur.com/QiibRz7.png allstar mode is locked (the lock in this picture) allstar mode is only unlocked when all the characters are unlocked. just thought id post it. further more if the ESRB are the ones leaking it. they only get a dvd with footage on it so they have no inside information on who is cut or not. its all speculation based on what they themselves have seen. and since that lock is there it should prove that they havnt seen everything. dont give up hope everyone

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think the DLC part was real, so even if the leak is real, it's still possible that the Ice Climbers are returning.
If they don't return, though, [insert disappointment and facepalms here].

But if the DLC is real and the Ice Climbers are in it, I would still be disappointed because it would make more sense for them to be in-game, but at least we can still have them. Maybe they decided to release them in the Wii U version and made them DLC for the 3DS version? Although, since both versions have the same roster, DLC probably wouldn't work too well, unless they changed how things work, I guess.

Videos can be faked though, but it requires a lot more work than photos, so you can't really tell if these videos are fake or not until more information / the game is released. However, Nintendo took action, so I'm starting to lean towards this being real.....

It is possible, however, that this leaker is a great programmer, and was able to copy Smash 4 stuff and make up movesets for the new characters and use everything as a Brawl mod, (correct me if wrong) however it's still unlikely.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
There's still hope guys. Don't give up. I'm still confident these guys will make the cut because honestly, even the videos don't prove ANYTHING to me. Plus we've still got that whole Polar Bear in Smash Run thing.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
crossing fingers for frank west syndrome (or whatever character that was added in late for technical reasons)

PLS SAMURAI

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
So, the leak looks real.... Now listen to me:
Sakurai has basically stated that he's atleast TRIED to get them in, but they are having difficulties, so apparently they can't or won't be implemented into the base game of smash 3ds. However, they might've been cut because it would take then too long to get them to work on the 3ds, and they won't postpone for just one character. I bet that they will have the IC's ready and finished by the Wii U smash's release, and have them be downloadable for the 3ds version of the game.
Here's to positive thinking, guys. This seems very possible. And the game will be a ton of fun, regardless, so keep your chins up :)

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
So, the leak looks real.... Now listen to me:
Sakurai has basically stated that he's atleast TRIED to get them in, but they are having difficulties, so apparently they can't or won't be implemented into the base game of smash 3ds. However, they might've been cut because it would take then too long to get them to work on the 3ds, and they won't postpone for just one character. I bet that they will have the IC's ready and finished by the Wii U smash's release, and have them be downloadable for the 3ds version of the game.
Here's to positive thinking, guys. This seems very possible. And the game will be a ton of fun, regardless, so keep your chins up :)
read my post for MORE positive vibes

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
If this leak becomes true, which it won't, I will DESTROY whoever thought it was a good idea to remove the Ice Climbers.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
If this leak becomes true, which it won't, I will DESTROY whoever thought it was a good idea to remove the Ice Climbers.
i.imgur.com/QiibRz7.png allstar mode is locked (the lock in this picture) allstar mode is only unlocked when all the characters are unlocked. just thought id post it. further more if the ESRB are the ones leaking it. they only get a dvd with footage on it so they have no inside information on who is cut or not. its all speculation based on what they themselves have seen. and since that lock is there it should prove that they havnt seen everything. dont give up hope everyone

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
okay its hopeless i showed yall proof 3 times that the leak still had some characters not unlocked and your not paying attention to it. but it will be okay everyone. at least im not worried

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
okay its hopeless i showed yall proof 3 times that the leak still had some characters not unlocked and your not paying attention to it. but it will be okay everyone. at least im not worried
I honestly think everyone believes your proof, we just don't need to be reading it over and over. I for one am confident that the ICies are returning even without the info you provided. But the things you mentioned just lean in even more favor of the ICies return.

Also, we don't even know who's leaking this stuff. Until I know who's to take credit for this, I don't believe a thing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
No DLC doesn't necessarily mean the Ice Climbers or other veterans won't return.
The CSS still seems to have room for more characters.

(Don't hunt me down if I'm wrong :crying:)

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
If the leak bases its claim that Ice Climbers have been cut based on the fact that they're not on the incomplete roster, then I don't really think it can be taken as irrefutable evidence of that being the case. I never played them and am not attached to them, but it'd be a little sad to see them go. They're just so cute. :p

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Wish they could just be a Wii U exclusive character and make someone like Lucas or Wolf a 3DS exclusive character.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
We are gonna have to fight for our DLC cuts most likely.
Oh great, the same debby-downer from the Wolf thread. Just...just go read my post there. We have nothing to confirm yet. You're just buying into this way too early. If you don't have any support for us then just take a hike back to whichever thread you came from.

Otherwise, the leak still has a chance to be debunked with the next character reveal. We've still got the Wario pupil thing, Shulk still looks like a photoshopped Little Mac in his official artwork, and videos can be faked with a good amount of time put into it. Nothing is confirmed yet. We can't trust this guy/girl who's leaking this until we get details. That being said, let's talk about the ICies when they do get confirmed and we've proved the whole Smash community wrong.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
So, I came here to cry. I look at all of the awesome new additions like PacMan and Megaman and I'm just like, "But... Ice Climbers..." This sucks. They cut my main! My hype is completely gone from these games, and I really, really hate the 3DS version for the technical limits.

D

Deleted member

If the leak is true, I'm hoping Ice Climbers are one of the unlockables.
Remember, if finished, probably going to be finished late in development. Think like Jigglypuff in brawl: She was the first unlockable in the previous games, and got pushed all the way back to almost last. Also, Ness and Captain Falcon were starters in melee

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Oh great, the same debby-downer from the Wolf thread. Just...just go read my post there. We have nothing to confirm yet. You're just buying into this way too early. If you don't have any support for us then just take a hike back to whichever thread you came from.

Otherwise, the leak still has a chance to be debunked with the next character reveal. We've still got the Wario pupil thing, Shulk still looks like a photoshopped Little Mac in his official artwork, and videos can be faked with a good amount of time put into it. Nothing is confirmed yet. We can't trust this guy/girl who's leaking this until we get details. That being said, let's talk about the ICies when they do get confirmed and we've proved the whole Smash community wrong.
The Shulk stuff is real & today's pic of the day solidifies the leak in general, but i'm praying for the Ice climbers though, due nobody really knows who the remaining unlocks are, they still have a fighting chance ;)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
How does today's PoTD solidify the leak? I can't find a connection between it and the leaked screenshots, though I'm trying to...

D

Deleted member

How does today's PoTD solidify the leak? I can't find a connection between it and the leaked screenshots, though I'm trying to...
It's pictures of the classic mode stuff. Among the leaks was an intenisty thing, which this PoTD confirms. No wait that was yesterdays

Last edited by a moderator:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
The leaked roster MUST be incompleted. This would be worst than Mewtwo cut, not only an original and unique moveset cut, but also the first Nintendo series cut. And that in this edition of Smash 4 that is filled with clones and semiclones, some of them innecessary. Honestly i dont seed reasons at all to cut Ice Climbers. Specially with characters like Rosalina&Luma and Olimar&Pikmin around, the CPU or the balancing arguments are busted with those characters.

But lets say that those things are really a problem in the development of the game. Why not simply change the character? We changed from Pokemon trainer to charizard and Sheik and Zelda are not together anymore, updating characters is a thing.

If you cant have Ice ClimberS. Add Ice Climber, by simply changing Up B to Pterodactyl as recovery movement, and making Popo a standalone character and Nana an alternative costume.

Or even better, Nana as a clone character, that would definitively fit in this new roster with Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario :troll:

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The leaked roster MUST be incompleted. This would be worst than Mewtwo cut, not only an original and unique moveset cut, but also the first Nintendo series cut. And that in this edition of Smash 4 that is filled with clones and semiclones, some of them innecessary. Honestly i dont seed reasons at all to cut Ice Climbers. Specially with characters like Rosalina&Luma and Olimar&Pikmin around, the CPU or the balancing arguments are busted with those characters.

But lets say that those things are really a problem in the development of the game. Why not simply change the character?

If you cant have Ice ClimberS. Add Ice Climber, by simply changing Up B to Pterodactyl as recovery movement, and making Popo a standalone character and Nana an alternative costume.

Or even better, Nana as a clone character, that would definitively fit in this new roster with Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario :troll:
Thank goodness some people can help cheer me up (great clone character joke). I just got hated on from the R.O.B. thread due to my thoughts on this leak...

infomon

Smash Scientist
I expect the leak was the complete roster. Honestly that's a ton of characters including substantial not-yet-revealed surprises (more than I expected we had remaining tbh).

but I'm so sad for ice climbers. my one regret for smash4

this game is still gonna rock tho

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
If this is indeed the full roster, my hype for this game has went from a 10 to a 6. All the newcomers, besides Shulk, that are in this leak are just so...why? I mean, I hate them, they bore me to death. The only 2 good things for me that come out of this leak are that I get R.O.B. and Mr. Game and Watch back.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Thank goodness some people can help cheer me up (great clone character joke). I just got hated on from the R.O.B. thread due to my thoughts on this leak...
i posted a picture straight up showing that the roster was incomplete and you told me to stop talking about it dude.... so thats cool

D

Deleted member 245254

It shows the stage in For Glory mode with the "Omega" symbol in the name, clarifying that it is the final destination version of the stage.

The leak (specifically the image dump) had the same symbol in a few of the screen shots at the level select.

That symbol had not yet been revealed to be the designated symbol for "final destination version", and technically it still hasn't but as the screenshot of the day is shown in For Glory mode, the assumption is clear, and thus, the leak proves itself pretty much to be concrete.

Zuliez

Smash Rookie
What does anyone know about this? Fake, right? I'm only curious since this happened to come up after the DLC rumor with Wolf, Lucas and the IC's was proven false.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Where is that screenshot from? That actually sounds very believable. I'd be both happy and sad with a SoPo. But what is a Marshal?

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
What does anyone know about this? Fake, right? I'm only curious since this happened to come up after the DLC rumor with Wolf, Lucas and the IC's was proven false.

i cant say for sure or anything but id say this is fake, i believe the iceclimbers are coming back for different reasons though and im sure they will still be a duo. we have rosaluma, DHD, and olimar so far so clearly teams work there is no reason to reduce them to 1
i think this is fake just because of the formality of it, the leaker before was a bit more brass and unwieldy. this is not a good reason to dis-believe it but its the one i have

Last edited:

Zuliez

Smash Rookie
Where is that screenshot from? That actually sounds very believable. I'd be both happy and sad with a SoPo. But what is a Marshal?
A character from the latest Rhythm Heaven that introduces that game.

Zuliez

Smash Rookie
i cant say for sure or anything but id say this is fake, i believe the iceclimbers are coming back for different reasons though and im sure they will still be a duo. we have rosaluma, DHD, and olimar so far so clearly teams work there is no reason to reduce them to 1
i think this is fake just because of the formality of it, the leaker before was a bit more brass and unwieldy. this is not a good reason to believe it but its the one i have
Those three may be duos/multi-characters, but they aren't duos like the Ice Climbers where the one characters follows and shadows the movements of the player character, and is meant to follow every movement.

I kinda hope the guys who look into this stuff can do so... Sadly, I don't know where this came from. It's been floating around a discussion group I'm in on FB.

Top Bottom