• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Those three may be duos/multi-characters, but they aren't duos like the Ice Climbers where the one characters follows and shadows the movements of the player character, and is meant to follow every movement.

I kinda hope the guys who look into this stuff can do so... Sadly, I don't know where this came from. It's been floating around a discussion group I'm in on FB.
yeah but hypothetically they could be reworked to work like rosaluma. luma attackes whenever rosalina does so even if its a change in the code they could just make nana do the same thing but on a delay ya feel me?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm soooo happy that even with all the leaks, there's still soooo much uncertainty and fighting and confusion. Like they've only upped the hype; now I have no idea what to expect!!

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
yup, i stil cannot believe they will be taken out. They were very unique when melee came out...and still they are VERY unique.

I doubt that Sak will leave them out, as a lot of people love them and they are cool.

Mark my words, they will not be cut.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Wolf was his favorite in brawl, doesn't mean a thing :(
But there are differences.

IC are a very nostalgia filled game, and one of the memorable titles of the begginings of Nintendo.

Wolf was a new character that just didnt panned out and is not a fan favourite. I think that even when sak liked wolf... he was not happy with how he ended and maybe wolf didnt had the impact he wanted...to deserve a spot in this new smash and the effort it takes to implement.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
yup, i stil cannot believe they will be taken out. They were very unique when melee came out...and still they are VERY unique.

I doubt that Sak will leave them out, as a lot of people love them and they are cool.

Mark my words, they will not be cut.
You better be right.

Zuliez

Smash Rookie
Is someone able to turn that picture I put up into the ones who do the investigations? I'm really curious to see if there is any truth to it at all.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
What does anyone know about this? Fake, right? I'm only curious since this happened to come up after the DLC rumor with Wolf, Lucas and the IC's was proven false.

Personally, I like this better than the other leak, fake or not. Make Ice Climbers a team, and maybe this roster won't be so bad.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Personally, I like this better than the other leak, fake or not. Make Ice Climbers a team, and maybe this roster won't be so bad.

Sounds more reliable than the other leaks TBH.
It was difficult for me to believe that Ridley and Dixie where goign to be in.

But.... NO MEWTWO?? T_T When he say all the veterans... i suppouse he refers to the Brawl veterans right?. So no mewtwo, roy or pichu obs.
or am i wrong?

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
What does anyone know about this? Fake, right? I'm only curious since this happened to come up after the DLC rumor with Wolf, Lucas and the IC's was proven false.

This is false for just one obvious reason, if Dark Pit has a completely different moveset, why would he be alongside Lucina and Dr. Mario? That or the other leak is false, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
This is false for just one obvious reason, if Dark Pit has a completely different moveset, why would he be alongside Lucina and Dr. Mario? That or the other leak is false, but that seems unlikely at this point.
Please let this leak be real and let the previous leak be false...please, please, please!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
But there are differences.

IC are a very nostalgia filled game, and one of the memorable titles of the begginings of Nintendo.

Wolf was a new character that just didnt panned out and is not a fan favourite. I think that even when sak liked wolf... he was not happy with how he ended and maybe wolf didnt had the impact he wanted...to deserve a spot in this new smash and the effort it takes to implement.
Wolf is important as it comes for a series, the fact falco was included first because he was a freaking bird, he was afraid wolf would look to much like fox. Wolf is a favorite to every star fox fan on the planet he should have been in eons ago, the truth is if you aren't new and shiny or 100 years old you arnt getting in.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Wolf is important as it comes for a series, the fact falco was included first because he was a freaking bird, he was afraid wolf would look to much like falco. Wolf is a favorite to every star fox fan on the planet he should have been in eons ago, the truth is if you aren't new and shiny or 100 years old you arnt getting in.
amen to that! ain't that the truth!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah Wolf is definitely a fan favourite for Star Fox fans. Saying otherwise would be wrong in my view.

Anyway, this leak is fishy and I don't think it will be true. Would I want it to be true? Definitely, but I think we have to accept that the chances of our characters returning are pretty slim now guys.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yeah Wolf is definitely a fan favourite for Star Fox fans. Saying otherwise would be wrong in my view.

Anyway, this leak is fishy and I don't think it will be true. Would I want it to be true? Definitely, but I think we have to accept that the chances of our characters returning are pretty slim now guys.
I'm not accepting anything until I hear it from Masahiro Sakurai himself. Even if I want that leak to be true, I won't accept it unless Sakurai confirms it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I hope Wolf gets a trailer video to show that he's not in the game.

Edit: Just to be clear this is a joke, it would be hilarious though if Sakurai would actually do that...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I hope Wolf gets a trailer video to show that he's not in the game.
Downer, go put your Wolf thoughts on the Wolf thread.

The Ice Climbers are coming back. There's something wrong about this huge leak...I just dunno what, but I've got a gut feeling that says something big is going to happen to turn this leak around...

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice

The Ice Climbers are coming back. There's something wrong about this huge leak...I just dunno what, but I've got a gut feeling that says something big is going to happen to turn this leak around...
maybe that all star mode isnt unlocked like iv said several times so the roster being shown isnt finalized

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

Yeh i think soo. Some things just dont click.
We will get surprised one way to the other.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have a hard time believing that the Ice Climbers will be outright cut. Whether they're DLC or only in the Wii U version, I have a hard time seeing them as completely gone. The polar bear being in Smash Run without the Ice Climbers would just be a punch in the gut if this were the case.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
maybe that all star mode isnt unlocked like iv said several times so the roster being shown isnt finalized
OK, OK, will you be happier if I acknowledge the fact that you found something so important you've posted it several times? You found a remarkable piece of evidence that really helps with some of the "cut" veterans being brought back. Nice job, congratulations. Happy now?

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Double Post
I have a hard time believing that the Ice Climbers will be outright cut. Whether they're DLC or only in the Wii U version, I have a hard time seeing them as completely gone.
they arnt gone in the leaked picture dump we have a glimps at allstar mode and it isnt unlocked meaning that not all the characters are unlocked, and since the ESRB are the ones that leaked the stuff they have no real inside information on who was or wasnt cut. all they know is what they saw on the roster which is the same as they showed us

OK, OK, will you be happier if I acknowledge the fact that you found something so important you've posted it several times? You found a remarkable piece of evidence that really helps with some of the "cut" veterans being brought back. Nice job, congratulations. Happy now?
dude we have video and 2 pieces of picture evidence its true im just trying to show people there is still hope because the leaked roster (which is proven now) is not the final roster. that coupled with the ice climbers be hella rad and having no reason to be cut is big news and everyone is still just freaking out and trying to disprove it. the roster got leaked it sucks sure but that doesnt mean its fake

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

dude we have video and 2 pieces of picture evidence its true im just trying to show people there is still hope because the leaked roster (which is proven now) is not the final roster. that coupled with the ice climbers be hella rad and having no reason to be cut is big news and everyone is still just freaking out and trying to disprove it. the roster got leaked it sucks sure but that doesnt mean its fake
What Rob is saying is that at the moment, you're repeating information over and over again, I think . It's already been stated that the roster shown isn't the full roster.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
What Rob is saying is that at the moment, you're repeating information over and over again, I think . It's already been stated that the roster shown isn't the full roster.
Thank you!

Anyways, I'm still going to say that this leak is fake until Nintendo says it's real. At this period in time, we can trust no one.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I hope they're at least a Wii U exclusive character if the 3ds can't handle them. I know the roster is supposed to be the same on both consoles, but I'd pay 10$ for an Ice Climbers character pack. They're easily my favorite Melee newcomer behind Marth and probably the most unique character in smash history.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I have a hard time believing that the Ice Climbers will be outright cut. Whether they're DLC or only in the Wii U version, I have a hard time seeing them as completely gone. The polar bear being in Smash Run without the Ice Climbers would just be a punch in the gut if this were the case.
I feel the same. Cutting the Ice Climbers and therefore an entire Nintendo-franchise is such a downer on this roster. Not to mention the Ice Climbers were fun and unique to play with...

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
If Sakurao cuts the Ice Climbers, then **** this game.
One character staying or leaving won't be a deal breaker. I'm currently hoping for a particular SSBB veteran to be in SSB4, one that is a point of contention. I'm ultimately bracing myself for his possible absence, but I still hope for the best. If he is not in, he's not in. I won't curse Sakurai or lose sleep over it if this happens.

D

Deleted member

Best outcome, turns out ice climbers are in after all
Following that
2nd Best :Dlc for both
3rd: Dlc for WiiU only
4th: Still in, but changed to only one ice climber (Rated 4rth as the whole appeal of the Ice Climbers is the fact that there's 2 of them)
5th: No Ice Climbers, not even as DLC

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
They changed olimar's moveset to handle 3 pikmin at a time and now they (supposedly) cut the Ice Climbers, its so freaking annoying how many changes are being made just so the game can be handled in the 3DS version, and I'm only getting the Wii U one so its even more infuriating. I really hope this is the first and last smash game on a handheld, I feel like this is holding back all the potential it could have with just a Wii U version.

If they are cut I hope they come back as DLC or in the next Smash Bros game as one of the first characters announced, Sakurai owes us IC fans that.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I think it bears repeating if people are posting random text-only leaks from random people who have no proof, and clinging to them as false hope unnecessarily. There's no need to do that when the Ice Climbers have never even been disconfirmed, and indeed, the Polar Bear is in the game. All-Star was locked, the leaked roster was not complete, and everyone just needs to chill a tad and be patient.

I really don't want ICs to be gone. I don't think they will be. They might well be cut after all, but until I see proof (say, apicture of All-Star mode unlocked with all the characters shown), I'm with @ Fatmanonice Fatmanonice .

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

This screams fake because of what they said about Dark Pit. That is something I've only seen on smash boards and I think we all know that if he got in, he would be a clone...
And the original leaker wouldn't know this stuff if all he was given was the Imbd stuff.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
They changed olimar's moveset to handle 3 pikmin at a time and now they (supposedly) cut the Ice Climbers, its so freaking annoying how many changes are being made just so the game can be handled in the 3DS version, and I'm only getting the Wii U one so its even more infuriating. I really hope this is the first and last smash game on a handheld, I feel like this is holding back all the potential it could have with just a Wii U version.

If they are cut I hope they come back as DLC or in the next Smash Bros game as one of the first characters announced, Sakurai owes us IC fans that.
My thoughts exactly. It's not fair that us who are buying the Wii U version have a lack of game play because the two versions need to be somewhat the same. By lack of game play I mean lack of some features that were in previous titles, but are neither in the 3DS or Wii U version.

There's still a chance this whole thing is completely wrong guys, until I receive confirmation that the ICies are not in the game, this leak is wrong.

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
If Popo fights alone and Nana is an alt costume, I would rather IC be cut. I very much want them in the game, but there is nothing cool about the character anymore if it isn't both of them out there together.

Top Bottom